Silence is a deadly thing. (N...

By MizukoWaterchild

(HIGHEST RATING: #1 in Naruto) "Sairen are known for being incredibly aggressive and protective when the ti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Epilogue
Authors note!! (Please read)
Sequel!!!

Chapter 25

7.7K 314 38
By MizukoWaterchild

The Festival continued to roar with excitement and joyous song. Oh how I would have loved to have stayed there for the remainder of the day, but unfortunately my new "friends" had grown impatient with me. They demanded answers.

Mist Ninja are known for not being very patient on the best of times, and frankly. The only reason Sairen's even have a sliver of it, is because our Genjutsu demands it. Without patience all of our attacks would be absolutely useless.

Now, if you take away the fighting, then a Sairen will have almost no patience. Well, from what i can tell from these three. It much only be with the younger generation of Sairen. Cause I know that I myself can lose all sense of patience at times. Now maybe not everyone is like this, but from the few i've seen i'm going to go ahead and make that assumption. No matter how unfair it may seem.

The girl which had later identified herself as Rin Sairen (Cold Siren) immediantly demanded answers from me. Although she wanted answers, I was highly puzzled by her name. In which way is she cold? Cold during battle maybe? Maybe she shows no mercy to others? Who really knows.

Anyways, none of the three even knew who I really was until they saw my wanted posters around the compound. Heck, the only time they saw me was maybe once or twice in the halls back in the academy. Although Takeshi (Military/warrior) did state that he saw me in class everyday. Just never thought to come and talk to me. So of course they were all very suspicious of me. Even the boy Mamoru (Protective) was still very cautious of me, even though he said I wasn't lying in the first place.

Frankly its very smart of them to still be wary of me. It at least lets me know that my clan isn't full of idiotic fools who only rely on they're damn singing. They're actually using their brains.

Still, firing question after question at me annoyed me greatly. So in the long run, I though that it would just be easier for them to look directly at my memories. So here I am, standing before HIruzen, asking for an interrogator or someone that is capable of diving into my memories.

"Excuse me? You want what?" Hiruzen-Sensai's voice was lined with utter curiosity and astonishment. Sighing lightly, I take a knee and bow my head. Something that I don't do often...

"I would like to to request and interrogator....someone that is able to dive into my mind and look through all of my memories....please Hiruzen-Sensai..." My voice was pleading, almost on the verge of begging. I don't beg...but unless i want to be dragged back to the mist then I need to show them. Although I highly doubt that i'd go without a fight.

Gasps seemed to ring out throughout the room as it began to sink in that the Hokage was my Sensai. My arm begins to burn as Hikaru fights to break free. Not having the patience to deal with him, I allow him to come out. Black mist filling the room just like every other time, Hikaru comes out. Instantly kneeling beside me, He throws a glare in my direction.

"If they get to see your memories, then I want to be there when they do." He whispers harshly to me. I scoff and continue to have my head bowed, ignoring him instead of answering him.

"Rise" Hiruzen-Sensai's voice was gentle and soothing, nothing like what I was expecting. Although from the past months, iv'e never seen him truly angry and he's always been kind to me. He's like my family to me now....and iv'e never truly had a grandparent before. So having Hiruzen in my life is nice.

listening to his command, I rise and fold my hands behind my back, legs shoulder width apart. Hiruzen soon takes the same stance, and after a few strange looks. The other Sairen follow. This wasn't an official stance, but it was something I did because it was my way of showing respect without bowing.

Bowing was almost too much in my point of view, although it was demanded in some situations. "Why, may I ask. Do you want someone to go through all of your memories. Especially since you've clearly told me everything before."

Hiruzen's eyes leave me and narrow on the other three. He most likely was making the connection between me and the others. Although He probably wouldn't understand unless I fully transform.....but that's not happening right now.

"I need to do this or else I would be forced to return to the mist and go under trial anyways. These three-" I sharply nod my head towards them. "Are apart of my clan. And if they aren't satisfied they will most likely go back to the mist and report that I'm here. The mist will take great offence to the leaf hiding one of their rouge ninja in their village. In the long run, it could result in war."

Silence fills the room at my claim, the only thing being heard was the soft growl that was emanating from Hikaru. "If you think for even one second that i'll let-" I cut Hikaru off with a sharp glare.

"If you wish to be here, then you need to be quiet. Sorry Hikaru but if you ignore my request then your going back into your tattoo." HIkaru sends me a menacing glare but nevertheless obeys. I turn my attention back to Hiruzen but he was looking down at his desk with a thoughtful look.

"Your summon resides in your tattoo?!" Tekeshi exclaims, his voice obviously showing his astonishment. "Yes, but that is a story for another time." I don't turn to look at him, but continue to look at my sensai.

He gives out a sigh and nods his head. "Fine, I will comply with your request. But know this-" His gaze became dangerous, almost murderous. Yet it wasn't directed to me, It was directed to Tekeshi, Rin, and Mamoru. "If you think you can get away with threatening the leaf, then you are gravely mistaken. We protect and defend each other, you will not be taking Shizukana anywhere unless she or I myself permit it. Do I make myself clear?"

Rin sneers at HIruzen but nonetheless nods. "Crystal clear, sir"

Tekeshi shoves her a bit and shakes his head, almost as if he was silently scolding her. Mamoru merely shot her a look and shook his head. It was clear that the two were disappointed with her response. Hiruzen ignores them and turns back to me, his gaze visibly softening.

"I will call for an interrogator, but I also want to ask you. Do you want Kakashi and Asuma to come as well?"

My eyes widen visibly and I feel excitement fill my veins. Asuma?! I haven't seen him in months! "I agree that they should be here." Hiruzen gives me a nod, and does a couple hand signs, and in a second and ANBU was in the office.

bowing they ask in a mellow voice. "What is it that I can do for you Hokage-sama?"

"Please tell Kakashi Hatake, Asuma Sarutobi and Inoichi Yamanaka to come to my office."

With a simple nod the ANBU disappears in a cloud of smoke. A faint smile comes to my face at the thought of Asuma.....He was the third person in the village that I had first begun to trust. Kakashi had introduced us one day when we passed him on the training grounds. I had at first been wary, but after while I had warmed up to him. Lot of times I had been forced to stay over at his place for the night because Kakashi went off on missions. We used to play Shogi all the time, and although I had just started playing at the time. Asuma truly did suck at the game, so it was fairly easy to kick his ass. What I loved the most about hanging out with him though, is the fact that he'd sometimes let me use his Chakra blades. What can I say? Those things are freaking amazing.

In the end, Asuma had gained my full trust along with Kakashi and Hiruzen. And so, I will protect them at any cost, they are all apart of my family now.

Three puffs of smoke fill the room. Once it cleared, Kakashi, Asuma and the man that I presume is Inoichi appeared in my room. The moment Kakashi and Asuma see me, a grin shows on their face and they run towards me. Kakashi gets to me first and hugs the life out of me.

"Don't you scare me like that again! To top it off, you didn't even come and see me when you got out of the hospital!" His voice was a both serious and teasing, causing me to laugh and hug him back. "Gomen, Gomen." He lets go of me and ruffles my hair. "I'm glad to see that you okay, kid."

Kakashi was then suddenly pushed out of the way. "Move it Hatake! I haven't seen the kid in forever, so it's my turn to get a hug."

Laughing I run and jump into his arms. "ASUMA!" Wrapping his arms around me he twirls me around in a circle, hugging me tightly. "I missed ya too kid, been staying out of trouble I hope."

I laugh as he drops me onto the ground. "Who do you take me for?! of course iv'e been staying out of trouble." I give him a sly smile,clearly telling him otherwise.

Just like Kakashi he merely laughs and ruffles my hair. Turning away from him, a smile still adorning my face. I take note of the the three standing akwardly to the side, and Hikaru. Who's jaw was dropped open.

ignoring him, I look back to the Hokage who was patiently waiting for us to finish. Everyone soon became silent, all of us patiently waiting.

"I explained everything to Inoichi while you all were talking. Kakashi, you and Asuma will soon pick up what is happening once you are all inside of Shizukana's head." He finish's talking and motions for Inoichi to step forward and begin.

"I recommend that everyone sits down in a circle and hold hands."

Doing as we were told, we all sat down in a circle. Inoichi was on my right, and Hikaru on my left. "I am going to link everyone's minds together, once this is completed. We will all be able to go into her head without much difficulties." Inoichi's voice was calm and collected, which seemed to ease the nerves that had started to build up inside me.

A sharp tingly feeling was felt in the back of my head before speaking began to happen in my head.

We are all no connected, now, give me a second and we will all be inside her mind.

we all gave a simple nod before closing our eyes. I feel Inoichi's hand move from my grasp to my head. Soon, my vision went dark, but not for long.

We reappeared into a huge room full of multiple doors. My hand flies to my mouth at the sight around me. I wasn't the only one disturbed because multiple gasp's run out throughout the room. The room was slip into two. One side was pure while, with murals of all the friends I had so far attained. and each door holding a symbol that seems to represent each friend and their memories.

That was the innocent side of the room.

But on the other side, it was pure black, and oozing from the walls was blood. Enough blood to make it look like I killed an entire village. painted into the walls with that blood was the picture of my dead family. Their faces of terror as I stood there blue eyes gleaming, and as Nymiria killed them. For some reason, I became less disturbed and more or less satisfied by the side of the room.

They deserved what was coming to them, and I have absolutely no regrets in killing them. The only regret that I have, Is not killing them sooner.

"Hey! We can still hear your thoughts ya know!" Snapping my head towards them, I send a glare to Tekeshi. "Get over it. What I thought was nothing but the truth."

Everyone was looking at me with either fear or disgust now. Which seemed to send a stab of hurt through my chest.

"Just hurry the fuck up and go through those doors. I'm not going with you, No way in hell am I reliving those memories."

Shaking their heads, they all step through pools of blood to get to the first door. I stand there grimly as they enter through the first set of my memories. Lets just hope they're strong enough to live through those memories.

Because it would seem, that they wouldn't just be seeing the events happening.

They would literally be me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

404K 15.4K 28
* THIS IS A COPYRIGHTED STORY OF MINE, MIDNIGHT_LILAC, PUBLISHED ON WATTPAD. IF YOU FIND IT ON ANY OTHER WEBSITE, IT HAS BEEN COPIED/REPUBLISHED WITH...
47.2K 1.3K 13
Sasuke looked forward and gasped. A kunai was coming; full speed. "SASUKE!!" Sasuke closed his eyes. He waited for the impact. He opened his eyes t...
4K 89 19
As an Uchiha your whole existence has practically been a curse, you're parents died shortly after you're birth, leaving you in the hands of the Third...
7.7K 323 13
"The thing I wished for hurt my whole family. I brought all this suffering down on my family because I made a wish to protect everyone without knowin...