The Alpha of Death

By xoKissMyAxe

"He's called the Alpha of Death because death always follows him around." One male begins. "Some say he came... More

šŸ…¢šŸ…ØšŸ…šŸ…žšŸ…ŸšŸ…¢šŸ…˜šŸ…¢
š’¶š“Šš“‰š’½š‘œš“‡'š“ˆ š“ƒš‘œš“‰š‘’
1 | š•„š•Ŗš•”š•šš•”š•’š• š•”š•š•šš•”š•™Ć©
2 | š•£š•–š•›š•–š•”š•„
3 | š•”š•šš•„š•”š•™ š•“š•š•’š•”š•œ š•–š•Ŗš•–š•¤
4 | š•„š•™š• š•¤š•– š•—š•šš•Ÿš•˜š•–š•£š•¤
5 | š•’š•“š•¤š• š•š•¦š•„š•– š••š•’š•£š•œš•Ÿš•–š•¤š•¤
6 | š•žš• š•Ÿš•¤š•„š•–š•£
7 | š•Øš• š•¦š•Ÿš••š•–š••
8 | š•žš•Ŗ š•šš•Ÿš•Ÿš•–š•£ š•§š• š•šš•”š•–
9 | š•”š• š• š•£ š•“š• š•“
10 | š•£š•–š•’š••š•™š•–š•’š••'š•¤ š•žš• š•›š•šš•„š• š•¤
11 | š•’ š•¤š•’š•• š•”š•¦š•”š•”š•Ŗ
12 | š•—š•’š•šš•£š•Ŗ š•˜š• š••š•žš• š•„š•™š•–š•£
13 | š•Øš•šš•„š•„š•š•– š•’š•š•Øš•”š•™š•’
15 | š•—š•šš•Ÿš•’š• š•˜š• š• š••š•“š•Ŗš•–š•¤
16 | š• š•Ÿ š•’ š••š•’š•„š•–
17 | š•—š•–š•–š•š•šš•Ÿš•˜ š•žš•– š•¦š•”
18 | š•”š•£š•–š•–š•”š•Ŗ š• š•š•• š•”š•–š•£š•§
19 | š•¤š•”š•–š•Ÿš•„ š• š•— š••š•–š•¤š•šš•£š•–
20 | š•šš•Ÿ š•„š•™š•–š•šš•£ š•”š•’š•Ÿš•„š•¤
21 | š•„š•–š•’š•¤š•šš•Ÿš•˜ š•š•šš•„š•„š•š•– š•“š• š••š•Ŗ
22 | š•¤š•„š•–š•’š•žš•Ŗ š•Ÿš•šš•˜š•™š•„
23 | š•„š•™š•– š•£š•šš•„š•¦š•’š•
24 | š•œš•šš•¤š•¤ š•žš•–
25 | š•šš•„'š•¤ š•žš•– š•Ÿš• š•„ š•Ŗš• š•¦
26 | š•Ŗš• š•¦š•£ š•’š•¤š•¤
27 | š••š•’š••š••š•Ŗ
28 | š•š•–š•˜š•¤ š•Øš•–š•£š•– š•¤š•”š•£š•–š•’š••
29 | š•£š•¦š•“ š•šš•„
30 | š•„š•™š•– š•“š•’š•š•š•¤
31 | š•“š•–š•Ÿš•–š•’š•„š•™ š•žš•–
32 | š•§š•–š•£š•Ŗ š•Øš•–š•„
33 | š••š•£š•šš•”š•”š•šš•Ÿš•˜
34 | š•Ÿš•’š•„š•¦š•£š•–
35 | š•¤š•Øš•–š•–š•„ š•¤š•”š•–š•Ÿš•„
36 | š•”š•’š•¤š•„ š•žš•Ŗ š•š•šš•”š•¤
37 | š•’ š•”š•™š•šš•š••
38 | š••š•–š•§š•šš• š•¦š•¤ š•¤š•Ÿš•–š•–š•£

14 | š•¤š•™š•– š••š•šš•–š••

644 17 20
By xoKissMyAxe

chapter 14
___
ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ, ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪɢɴᴀʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜱɪɴꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʟᴇꜱꜱ.

...Lucas

A whole two hours later, my doorbell rings, announcing the arrival of Leo. He always knew how to be both fashionably late and annoying. "I thought you said you'd be here in ten?" I grumble, raising an eyebrow at him as I open my door for him.

"Well, you see, you disrupted a fun-filled night." Leo starts. I raise my hand to stop him but he doesn't listen and goes on with a smirk. "I had to leave my girlfriend back home. You always ruin all the fun." He chuckles at my disgusted expression. What a womanizer.

"I didn't need the details." I murmur as I walk with long strides to the kitchen. Leo follows me, looking around at my house with a slightly shocked expression. Quite a lot of things can change in two years. "There are important matters to discuss."

"Of course you didn't." Leo snickers quietly before flopping down onto my dining table itself, rather than a chair. "Now, why did you have to ruin my night?"

"I need you to track someone down for me," Ignoring his last statement, I continue my demands, knowing they were of importance to not only us, but the whole Supernatural World. Caine had enough Rogues to destroy a few mid-sized Packs, that I'm sure of. But if he hurts Melanie, he'd end up taking over my Pack too and I do not want to subject my people to that. At that point, Caine would gain all the power he would need to subject all werewolves to his cruelty. "I have the blood you can use for your spell."

Leo studies me carefully, "What happened?" He slides off of my dining table and into one of the chairs beside it while keeping an eye on me for my answer. So that's what I do. I start explaining about how I found my mate and how I got her. I explain the attack, how Melanie ran away from me and repeatedly disrespected me in public, and her attempt at rejecting me. Once I'm at the part where I chained Melanie to get her to accept me as her mate and submit to me, pain suddenly erupts in my head.

"W-what the h-hell?" I yelp, cradling my head in my hands as I fall onto my knees from the weakening pain. Leo's staring at me with steely eyes, his hands out in front of him as if he's casting a spell. "What th-the f-fuck, man?" I hiss as soon as I realize it's him casting the spell that's causing microscopic needles to poke at my brain, sending pain throughout my head and body. I don't even question the type or weird voodoo shit warlocks and witches can do. I know better than to piss them off, but feeling Leo's anger for the first time, like ever? Hurts like a bitch.

"You really did that to her?" Leo shakes his head and laughs humorlessly. "You dumb shit." He kicks me in the chest and I fall onto my back, still crying out in pain. He had already felt the pain of losing his other half and he absolutely hated it when someone else wasted their life, soul, and hurt their other half like this. Leo might be one of my closest friends, but there are always intolerable things, such as my past actions with my mate. Leo knows I heal faster than the average wolf anyway, so that kind of excuses his brain-melting voodoo.

A few seconds later, the pain fades away but Leo's icy glare doesn't. Scrambling up from the floor, I dust myself off, pretending as if I hadn't just been rolling around in pain. "I regret it, ok? So much. Don't do that again. And don't ever tell anyone about that either. Hear me out first, at least." I hiss in anger and shame, reining control on Jake as he fights to prove his loyalty and adoration for his mate. Leo's gaze softens slightly with his curiosity and he listens to what I have to say as he sits down again. When I reach the part about the fight between Caine and I, Leo cusses like a sailor.

"Bloody hell!" He starts, standing up so abruptly that the chair falls back behind him, crashing into the wall. I flinch at the long new scratch on my newly painted wall. "No, no, no, no, no!" Leo waves his hands around in a spell and moments later, a purple book materializes in front of him. he flips its pages vigorously to find whatever he's looking for. The purple book looks nice. It's wispy and odd. "She can't be the one in that old damned prophecy! She's too young!"

My heartbeat stutters at the mention of the word 'prophecy' and I meekly stutter out, "What?" Prophecies were known to be deadly to everyone they were about and often spoke of horrible and painful deaths or futures. Hence the stutter. Do hearts even stutter?

"I don't remember the whole thing right now but there was a prophecy. About a young she-wolf mated to one of the twelve most powerful Alphas in the world. And she's also supposed to be the beloved to the only hybrid in existence. I didn't believe it, until now, when Caine Blood finally shows up. There were no hybrids before until I realized Caine's predator of a father probably passed the Hybrid Curse on. The world's said to start anew when this occurs." Leo then continues to recite the prophecy as he finally finds it in his thick little book -

"A young mate to the Alpha of Death -
To light the fire that takes a lover's last breath.
Experiencing pain and grief wherever she goes,
To cause the end of a life at the touch of a rose.
Fitting with her mates like a missing puzzle piece -
Only to breathe one's last, just to create peace."

Frowning, I process the information. It takes a moment for reality to set in as I try to decipher the prophecy to the best of my ability. "It says mates. Not that she has a mate and a beloved. It can't be about her." It sounds stupid as I say it, but worth a try, no? Hopefully it's not about her.

Leo frowns, looking out the kitchen window, instead of panicking face, "You can't change her fate with words, Lucas."

I tug at my hair, groaning. "I need to get her back... There's no way this is about her!" I hiss through my teeth, sinking into the chair beside Leo. One of us is going to die. She's already suffered too much. Where the fuck does a rose fit into all of this? And soulmates are made to fit their other half. Who the fuck dies? I won't let her die. She's not allowed to. If anything, Caine should die. Or even me, I'm a shitty person.

Leo's head snaps toward me, cold eyes glaring at me, "You think she'll want you back after what you've done? There were other ways to go around this whole situation, you imbecile, and you chose the worst one. Besides, don't take the prophecy literally. They're never that straightforward."

I sigh, hanging my head in guilt and letting his disrespectful words wash over me instead of acting upon them like I usually would. I'm pretty sure he even implied that I'm stupid. "No, but I have to try. It's the only way to keep her safe. If she's by my side."

...Melanie

"So Drake," The blonde guard turns to look at me, a tinge of weariness in his eyes as he realizes that whatever questions I have now would no longer be about Lucas but about something else. Can you blame a girl for her curiosity? "Caine's a hybrid, right?"

Drake replies instantly, his usual smile back on his face, "Yeah, why?" I had only ever heard of one hybrid in the whole supernatural world, not that others hadn't tried to go down the same path. It was such a difficult and taxing process that all of the vampire or werewolves that had tried to become a hybrid of both species, had died in the change. Somehow, Caine must have survived and now he was more deadly than either species. This must've been another thing that my parents had shielded me from.

I think back to all of my education and the farthest extent of my knowledge. "Just curious. I didn't know." Neither of the guards meet my eyes at this and I notice how they gulp at the fact that I didn't know Caine was a hybrid until now. They had confirmed it. "Has he ever found his mate?" I interrogate them further despite their obvious unwillingness to reply.

"Yeah, he did find his mate but she died in his arms, or so we've been told. That was before he became a hybrid. Prince Caine disappeared for a few months after that, and when he came back, he was a hybrid. His dad went with him too, though they hate each other. No one questioned that trip. We needed a strong leader and we needed strength and he had both traits. Now that he's got a vampire side, he might even be able to have another mate or a beloved." Trey states, and I notice a glint of fear in his eyes before he turns away.

For rogues, these two were beyond nice. Most rogues are filthy and too far gone to be able to be brought back to sanity. Yes, it's very stereotypical but werewolves were made for Pack life. Without a back, they lose their ties to our World, and their social and civil side. They fade away into feral wolves, unable to become human again. Wolves need packs or families to survive. Some rogues still manage to survive and find solace in one another, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're able to retain their sanity. It's just the way we were made. It's a curse. "How long do you guys think I can stay here? I don't want to go back to my family or to my mate."

"Mate?" Trey raises his eyebrows, semi-shocked, and surprising me at the same time. I thought they knew Lucas was my mate when they spoke about the Alpha of Death. "Why wouldn't you want to be with him though? They're supposed to be the best thing that can happen to you!"

"Let's just say he's an a%swipe," I murmur, snorting softly as I blink away my watery eyes at the recollection of what had occurred before I was removed from his life. The men share a look over my head and as Trey softly squeezes my shoulder, Drake tries to make me feel better with his words. There's no way these guys could be rogues, right?

"You'll be staying here for now. We'll get you some clothes from one of the women downstairs and you can take a shower later. For now, wait here for the doctor." Trey says, opening one of the doors to the room that appears in front of us as we reach our destination. The two stay outside as I peer inside.

As soon as I take a step in, I was mind-blown by the beauty the room possessed. A bright golden chandelier illuminated the furniture, giving off a glittery light. A huge king bed sat near the far wall of the room with two matching night stands resting beside it. As I'm admiring my surroundings, the doors open behind me and a tall man dressed in a while lab coat strides in.

Rather than talking to me or even taking a look at me, he grabs my arm and pulls me to the bed. I attempt to snatch my arm back but his grip tightens, making my skin around his hand redden. I thrash and fight with all of the strength left in me to no avail as the man overpowers me easily.

"Get off!" I screech, scratching his arm and tearing through a part of his lab coat. "Let go, creep!"

"I suggest you let me take a look at your injury before it worsens." The man replies coldly, staring me down. I snort in disbelief, glaring right back at him. The way he had yanked me to the bed had terrified me into believing he was no doctor and just some sort of perv.

"So you're the doctor around here? You don't look like one." Sneering at him, I sit on the end of the bed, still glaring at him. "That's no way to treat your patient. What's stuck up your a$s? His lips tighten in frustration from my words as he pulls up my top to take a look at the wound in the middle of my frail and battered body.

"It will heal in a couple of hours. No need for stitches as it's already mostly clean. I'll clean it up and wrap a waterproof bandage around it." The 'doctor' states firmly, holding my shirt up with a gloved hand and reaching down into a bag by his side that I hadn't noticed before. He brings out a bottle of antiseptic and some gauze, as well as a roll of the bandage he'll be using.

"Thanks." I murmur, wincing as he presses onto the cut while cleaning up the injury and wrapping the bandage around my waist. The man grunts in reply. After he completes his job, he silently leaves the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I groan, laying back on the bed. A soft knock on the same door has me getting up to check who it is. I open it to find Trey holding a pile of feminine clothes and some toiletries. I thank him before trudging back into the spacious room.

Upon locating the bathroom, I run warm water in the shower before slipping out of my current clothes, only to step under the stream of the relaxing water. My mind is drawn to Caine as I wonder what the fates have in store for me now.

Shoutout to everyone for being so amazing with the Alpha of Death! I really appreciate it and I try to reply to all of your comments as soon as possible. Thanks for all of the votes too!

Wattpad isn't working properly for me right now so any typos are not my fault. They will be fixed later. Please go back and point them out though, just in case I miss any later.

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

679K 33K 15
| A Wattpad Featured Story | Hades was well-cast to rule over the land of the dead. But what if Hades, the fearsome monarch of the Underworld was...
145K 4.8K 65
"So tell me, Rogue, how would you like to be killed? A slit to your throat, your heart ripped out, or how about a silver bullet to your brain?" "Kiss...
1.2M 10.5K 9
Everyone thought that the moon goddess had it all. Every wolf looked up to her, and everyone loved her. What happens when that's not true and she has...
135 0 38
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...