Once in a Lifetime (On hold u...

By _Just_Nikki_

Nicole and Cayley were sisters. Or so they told people. They were really just best friends. Best friends with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Author's Note: Please Read!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Vote for Taken in the Watty Awards

Chapter 18

26.2K 84 18
By _Just_Nikki_

Harry's P.O.V

"Oh my gosh." Nikki said. I looked down at her. Tears fell from her eyes, leaving wet trails down her cheeks as they slid down her face. The blazer I was wearing was soaked where she had her face buried in my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, wiping tears gently from her cheeks.

"Yeah." She said. "I just wish I could have a love as strong as theirs." Something inside of me changed, hearing the longing in her voice.

"Who says you can't?" I brought my lips down close to her, hesitating slightly. I wasn't sure if she'd want me to kiss her, but I decided to anyways. I would just say I got caught up in the moment if she was angered by it. This whole thought process took place in my head in less than ten seconds, and I kissed her before she could notice my hesitation.

At first, her lips were still under mine, but then she responded. Our lips moved together. about 30 seconds later, I pulled away. She was grinning, but then frowned and opened her eyes.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked. My mouth fell open and my eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry!" I said hastily. "I should have made sure it was okay with you first. I just wanted to... and it was amazing! I'm sorry, I didn't ask you-"

"What are you blabbering about?" She asked, cutting off.

"I upset you with the kiss." Nikki looked at me for a moment, and slowly a grin spread across her face and she began laughing. "what?" I asked angrily. "Why are you laughing? What is so bloody funny?"

"You think... I'm upset... because you kissed me." She laughed even harder. I just stared at her, confused and angry. "Harry, I'm not mad at you for kissing me! I'm anything but that!"

"Then why were you upset with me?" I asked her.

"Because you pulled away!" Nikki put her hand on the back of my head, and pulled me to her, our lips crashing against each other. Slowly, I moved forward, causing her to lay back against the couch, with me hovering over her. Her hand gripped my my neck, the other was tangled in my curls. One of my hands was on her waist, and the other one was above her head, supporting my weight so I didn't hurt her.

Things were getting pretty heated. My hand moved up and down her side, and I felt myself slipping. I knew if I didn't stop now, I wouldn't stop at all. I pulled away from her again, both of us breathless.

"Nikki," I gasped. "We can't." She looked into my eyes and smiled.

"I know." She breathed.

"I mean, It's not that I don't want to!" I explained hastily. I didn't want her to think I didn't like her in that way. "I do. And maybe someday we will, just... not tonight. Not so soon. I mean, we aren't even-"

"Harry. I know. It's perfectly fine. I agree with you completely."

"You do?"

"Yes." I sighed.

"Thank God!" She giggled, and I eased myself down between Nikki and the couch. I lay my head on her chest, listening to her heart beat. She ran one hand through my hair gently. We lay like that for a while before I sat up.

"Harry?"

"Come on." I said, climbing over her and standing up. I held my hand out to her. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?"
"You'll see." She looked at me skeptically. "Just trust me." She smiled and took my hand, allowing me to pull her to her feet. I started to walk away, but she didn't move. I turned back to her.

"What?"

"Harry." She said, raising her eyebrows. My eyes fell on her brace.

"Oh. Yeah. I forgot. Sorry." I turned my back to her. "Climb on."

"Harry, I will break you." She said. "I'm too fat!"

"Don't say that! You are not!" I turned back to her, and helped her stand up on the couch. Still holding her hand, I faced the wall, and she climbed onto my back. I let go of her hand as she wrapped it around my neck, and grabbed her legs instead. Her good leg wrapped around my waist, and she rested her head against her arm.

I opened the door, and walked down the steps. Walking out of the complex, I led her to my car. She climbed from my back, and got into the car. I got in, and drove us to the beach.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"I dunno." I grinned at her, and bent down so she could climb back on my back. I sat her down when we came to the gate so I could get over it. And then I picked her up, and lifted her over it.

"Harry?" She said, stopping me as I was about to give her another piggy back ride.

"Yeah?" I turned to face her.

"Let me walk. Please? It's only a few feet." I hesitated. She hadn't walked on it for 2 weeks, except for this morning. It shouldn't do any harm.

"Alright. But if you feel any pain, let me carry you." She nodded. I took her hand, and we started walking. I noticed how she leaned against me, as we slowly made our way down the beach.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." She moved her head to look at me, and I smiled.

"No pain?" She smiled back.

"Nope."

"Then why are you leaning against my side?"

"I don't want to put too much pressure on me knee. Why? Does it bother you?"

"Not at all." We walked a few more feet, and stopped at a place just at the edge of the water where it wouldn't reach us. I sat down in the sand, and she eased herself down beside me. My arm found her waist, pulling her close to me, and her head rested against my shoulder. And there we sat, looking out into the darkened ocean.

I took my shoes off, and rolled up my pant legs.

"Where are you doing?" Nikki asked. I stood up and then ran into the ocean.

"Come on!" I called to her. "The water's fine!" She removed her flip flops, and stood up. She started towards me. I ran forward, meeting her half way, and picked her up, carrying her in. I sat her on her feet and looked down at her.

"You're amazing, Harry." She said, and I smiled.

"I know." I bent my head and kissed her. She pulled away, and walked farther into the ocean. A thought popped into my head. I dipped both of my hands into the water. I flung my hands forward, splashing water all over her. She tense, and turned around.

"Harry Edward Styles. Did you just splash me?"

"Maybe." I said, trying to hold back a laugh. But I couldn't do it. My eyes shut as I went into a fit of laughter. And then, water was all over me. I stopped laughing and opened my eyes. I looked down at my clothes, now wet in some spots.

"Nikki?" I asked her.

"Hm?"

"Did you splash me?" She smirked.

"Mayyybe."

"Oh, you're gonna regret that!" I said mischievously.

"Am I now?"

"Mhm." I nodded as an evil grin slipped onto my face. I moved towards her slowly, and she watched me. Her smirk faded.

"Harry."

"Hm?"

"You wouldn't."

"I wouldn't?"

"No. You wouldn't." I kept moving towards her.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Harry, you better not." She warned.

"And if I do?"

"I'm serious, Harry. Don't."

"Hm. I think I will."

"HARRY!" She screamed as I ran forward and tackled her. I held her in my arms so that she didn't hit the ground when we fell into the water.

"Told ya." I said once we came up.

"I am so mad at you right now, Styles." Uh oh. She's never called me by my last name.

"Nikki, I'm-"

"Gotcha!" And we started splashing each other.

"Hey!" A voice shouted. "What is going on here?" A bright light fell on us, and the splashing stopped.

"Sorry sir. We were just-"

"The beach is closed! If you don't leave now, I will have you arrested." I climbed to my feet, and pulled Nikki up with me.

"I'm sorry. We'll leave now."

"Wait a minute. You're that Styles kid from that band." He thought for a second. "One Direction!" He snapped his fingers. "That's it!"

"Yeah. That's me." I grinned.

"Could I get your autograph? My daughter is a huge fan."

"Sure!" I signed the tablet he handed me.

"Thanks. Alright, you can go now. This can be our little secret."

"No problem sir. Thank you!" Nikki and I grabbed our shoes, and walked up the beach hand in hand.

Niall's P.O.V

The whole night, I couldn't take my eyes off of Cayley. I watched her face looking for any sign of disappointment. There wasn't one. This made me happy. I had went all out, trying to make sure she had an amazing time. I enjoyed the whole date, and I didn't want it to end, so I took her to the dock.

"I've never seen anything more beautiful." She said, looking out at the water. I ignored the sight completely, choosing instead to look at her.

"I have." Cayley turned to face me. I placed my hands on her waist, and looked into her amazing blue eyes. "You." Normally, I wasn't the type to kiss on the first date, but tonight I was. I knew I wouldn't be able to wait days until we'd had a few more dates, so I kissed her, not sure how she would react. Her arms wrapped around my neck, and I smiled under her lips. I pulled away after a few seconds. Her eyes opened, and she smiled.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"There really wasn't a reason. I just wanted to kiss you, and I knew I wouldn't be able to wait until our next date."

"So there will be a second date?" I nodded and pulled her to me.

"And a third. And a fourth. And a fifth. And a whole lot more after that." I got closer to her with each word I said, and finally I touched my lips to hers again.

"Sounds good to me." She said when we pulled away from each other.

"Come on! I'm hungry." I took her hand and began to pull her from the dock.

"Niall, we just ate like 2 hours ago!"

"Not dessert." I said.

"True." She said slowly, and then grinned at me.We walked to Milkshake City.

"Hi." I said. A girl was behind the counter. Her chin rested on her hand, and she stared down at a magazine boredly while chewing her gum.

"Hi. Welcome to Milkshake City." She aid boredly. "How can I- Oh my God." Her eyes widened when she saw me. "You're Niall Horan from One Direction!"

"The one and only!" I smiled at her.

"I'm so sorry! How can I help you?"

"Can I get two cookies and cream milkshakes?"

"Two?" The girls eyes moved from me to Cayley where she stood beside me. I looked away from the girl, to Cayley. The look on her face wasn't good.

"Yes, please."

"I'll get right on that." And then she walked away to make our milkshakes.

Cayley's P.O.V

Niall pulled me into Milkshake City for dessert. The girl at the counter was being rude. Didn't even look at us when Niall spoke. Her voice was flat. Bored. When she finally looked up, she totally fan girled.

He ordered to cookies and cream milkshakes, and she questioned him about it. Her eyes moved from him to me, just now noticing me for the first time. Her eyes narrowed, and she glared at me. My eyes widened before narrowing back at her. Niall had looked away from her to me, and all he saw was me glaring at her.

"I'll get right on that." She said to Niall flirtatiously, and then walked away. Her hips swayed too much for it to be her normal walk. "Here ya are." She said once she'd returned. I reached for my milkshake, but she ignored me, holding them both out to Niall. I sighed angrily, a slight growl coming from the back of my throat.

"Thanks." Niall said.

"No problem, sexy." I felt heat flood my face as my blood pressure rose. I jerked my shake from her hand, and stormed out. I waited for Niall outside, my back facing the window. I knew if I saw her flirting with Niall I'd probably go in there and use her head to break that counter.

"Are you okay?" Niall's voice filled my ears.

"Just peachy." I said, taking a drink from my milkshake.

"You're a horrid liar. Especially considering your face is red, your fist is clenched, and your eyes are wide with the look of death in them. Not to mention your breathing is all messed up."

"I'm fine, Niall." I snapped. I sighed once I looked at the hurt expression on his face. "I'm fine." I said softly. "Let's get out of here."

"Kay." He took my hand, and we walked back to the apartment.

"Goodnight, Love." Niall said once I'd changed into my pajamas and climbed into bed. He kissed me, and then walked into the living room.

*~*~*~*~*~

"I don't want you!" Niall shouted at me. "I never did! Why would I want you? There are girls much sexier than you!"

"Niall, what-"

"Get out of my apartment!" He yelled, throwing my suitcase out into the hallway. He came at me, pure anger on his face.

"Niall, why are you doing this?" I asked desperately.

"I never wanted you! It's Taylor! It's always been Taylor!" Niall, the guy I loved, in love with a girl I hated. I stumbled back, hitting the wall as Niall slammed the door shut in my face. I slid down to the floor, tears spilling from my eyes.

"Oh shut it, you whiny little baby." I looked up.

"Nikki?" Taylor stood beside her. "What are you doing?"

"Going on a double date with my best friend and our boyfriends." She sneered.

"I'm your best friend."

"No. Taylor is."

"But you hate her!"

"It's you I hate." And then she walked away.

"NO! Nikki come back! NOOOO!!"

I sat bolt upright in bed. Niall's bed. I was drenched in sweat, and my heart pounded rapidly in my chest. I climbed form the bed, and tip toed quietly into the living room.

Niall lay on the couch, asleep. There was just enough room for me. I carefully lifted the cover, and lay down beside him.

"Cayley?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah. It's me. Sorry for waking you."

"It's okay. What's wrong?"

"Nightmare."

"What happened?" He asked.

"Everyone left me." I said, blinking back tears.

"Awe. It's okay, Love. It was just a bad dream. Everything is okay now." He said, wrapping his arms around me and nuzzling his face into my hair.

"I know it is." And I fell into a deep peaceful nightmare free slumber.

Nikki's P.O.V

We walked up the beach hand in hand. We were both soaking wet. Harry and I got in the car, and at first it was nothing but silence. And then we started laughing. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, and my face was blood red. Tears leaked from my eyes, and I gasped for breath.

"Well." I said once I'd calmed down. "That certainly was entertaining."

"It was." Harry agreed, pushing his soaking wet curls away from his face. "Time to go home." When we got back to the complex, I walked into my room. I changed into dry clothes, and put the wet ones in the bathroom. I climbed into bed, resisting the urge to go get into Harry's bed with him. My door squeaked as he opened it.

"Nikki?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

"Going to sleep."

"You wanna come in here?" I gritted my teeth, and balled the cover up in my fist. Of course I did!

"No. I'm fine."

"Nikki."

"Yeah?"

"Come on." I jumped out of my bed, and walked passed him. I ran to his room, and climbed into his bed. Harry came into the room after me, shutting the door behind him. He climbed in the bed and wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me against his chest.

"Goodnight, Babe." He said.

"Goodnight, Hazza." I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

Author's note: Sorry for such a long wait. Lol. But, it's here now! And it's summer time, so I'll be updating more often. I loved writing this chapter, except for the nightmare part. I was almost in tears the whole time. I couldn't imagine someone saying those things to my best friend, and here I had to make myself say them. As if I would ever be friends with that Taylor chick. -.- can't stand her. And if anyone ever did that to my bestie, it wouldn't end good for them.

I love you, cookie monster!

Hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.4K 1.4K 31
Rachel Payne always told her brother, Liam, to go out there and follow his dreams. She just didn't think he'd leave her behind in the process. When...
213K 4.6K 88
When Kylie turns 18 she moves to London to become a world famous model. This has been her dream since she was 13. When Kylie goes to an agency one d...
262K 4.7K 39
Melanie was a fan of One Direction, but she never knew how close she would get to a certain Harry Styles. After her friend gave Harry a slip of paper...
76.1K 1.1K 76
Diana styles it's the young sister of the pop star and member of one direction Harry styles . She had a rough past , that she's too embarrassed to t...