Why Boys Are Idiots

Por TheReal_Charmander

Zaira, Cyra, and Addie are just three normal teenage girls trying to get through high school. But at every mo... Más

Chapter One - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Two - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Three - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Four - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Five - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Six - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seven - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eight - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nine - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Ten - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eleven - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Twelve - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fourteen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Fifteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Sixteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Seventeen - Cyra's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Eighteen - Addie's POV (Revised and edited)
Chapter Nineteen - Zaira's POV
Chapter Twenty - Cyra's POV
Chapter Twenty One - Addie's POV
Chapter Twenty Two - Zaira's POV
Chapter Twenty Three - Cyra's POV

Chapter Thirteen - Zaira's POV (Revised and edited)

2.4K 37 11
Por TheReal_Charmander

Eylo! Sorry for the long wait XD (although it was only four days...)

Anyways, imma BACK :D I actually finished writing this a few days ago, but never got a chance to upload it... (which you probably don't care about)

So I'll just shut up now so you can read :P

Vote + Comment if you likey please :)

***

Why Boys Are Idiots

Chapter Thirteen (Zaira’s POV)

          Somehow, I made no move to eat the plate of cookies that my mom had placed on my bed earlier. All I could do is stare at now-cold goodness blankly, lost in my thoughts.

          I mean, those were soft chocolate-chip ones! My favourite kinds. But here I was, sitting on my bouncy bed, unlike my usual hyper self.

          It even surprised myself; every time I sat on this bed I would start bouncing up and down like a sugar crazed kid, and every time my mom made those heavenly cookies I would devour all of its contents in less than five minutes. Although now, I began thinking of my mom differently.

          Who could make me feel this way? Only one person could make me feel this numb and deep in thought, and that person was named Michael Ai. Or in other words, my so-called ‘dad’.

          Our talk at lunch on Saturday was more than confusing, and my brain was about to explode with the million or so possible scenarios. I just wanted to pull my hair out, one by one, to relieve all the anger and confusion I was feeling. Because of this, I had locked myself up in my room for the past few days. I just couldn’t face anyone with these thoughts still fresh in my mind.

          I took in a deep breath and tried to relax my tense muscles, but my hands were still in tight fists as I remembered the day he left us.

          It had just been a typical school day for me at eighth grade when I came home, finding my mom and dad nearly cutting off each other’s throats. Thank gosh Zach was at daycare; he didn’t have to experience that fight.

          Then he just disappeared in the morning. No, I’m not kidding. When I woke up the next morning, I found my mom staring out the window with a weird expression on her face, and most of the clothes and stuff that had belonged to my dad was gone.

          But that was more than a year ago, which was why it confused me so much that he was showing his face and trying to get me to believe something that I hoped wasn’t true.

          As I sat there, nestled in the comfort of my bed, someone started knocking on my window repeatedly.

          Wait…what?

          I shot out of bed and ran out to my window, shoving the blinds out of the way. My chest let out a breath of relief when I noticed that it was just rain, for the second time in the past few days. The sky turned dark and gloomy compared to the last time I had seen it, and the rain kept on hitting the glass like little pebbles.

          I snuggled back in my bed again, trying to find sleep even though it was early. A blinding light filled the room, before a deafening crash of thunder echoed in my ears.

          Because I was me, I jumped up at the unexpected sound. I guess I’m not going to get any sleep after all. I shook my head solemnly at the thought.

          My life was so screwed. No, I wasn’t kidding when I said that.

          The science project that was due tomorrow was a major part of our mark this year, and by ‘major’, I was talking about almost seventy percent. But my mom just had to ground me.

          Then, I got my ex’s brother as a partner for badminton. I cringed at the mere thought. The practice this morning was horrible. Just like I had expected, he blamed me for everything that was clearly his fault.

          On top of that, add the incident at the movie theatre and my dad coming back, and you might just as well put a cherry on top to make it perfect. (Note the sarcasm.)

          Another series of knocking sounds filled my ears, and I pulled my blanket over my ears to block out the sound. But it turned out that the annoying sound wasn’t coming from my window this time.

          “Zairy!” The voice that obviously belonged to my brother was muffled from behind the door.

          Groaning, I got up from my comfortable bed and headed to the door to see what he wanted. “I’m coming!”

          Yanking the wooden door open, Zach appeared in front of me with his Mickey Mouse blanket in hand. His bottom lip was quivering slightly and his small hands were shaking as he held onto the blanket tightly.

          I actually felt kind of guilty for being so rude to him when I knew he had a specific fear of storms. Holding out my hands for his, my expression softened a little, making him smile a tiny bit. “Come on, you can sleep in my room,” I offered, even though I knew that I would regret it soon.

          His chubby cheeks puffed out when his face broke into a smile, and he skipped to my queen-sized bed, all the nervousness earlier gone.

          I shook my head at him but still snuggled in with him, taking away his own blanket as I covered him with my own.

          It was silent for a moment, with only the rain splattering on the window. I turned my head to see if he was asleep, but he was staring at the ceiling with wide eyes.

          “It’s mommy’s day next week,” he informed me, finally breaking the silence.

          I raised my eyebrow at him in confusion, even though he couldn’t see me in the darkness. Mommy’s day? I wondered in my head.

          Wait…

          “You mean Mother’s Day?”

          He nodded briefly before moving closer to me. “Yeah, what are you going to get her?”

          Well, honestly, I hadn’t even thought about it. With all the craziness going on in school and after school, I had completely forgotten about it. Plus, after the meet with my dad, I was just so confused about the possible thought of her being the guilty one in our parents’ relationship, I wasn’t even sure that I wanted to get her something.

          “I don’t know,” I mumbled through the sheets.

          Zach was unusually quiet compared to his usual hyper mood, and even though I disliked him, I knew something was wrong.

          “So, what are you thinking right now?” I asked, trying to figure out what was bothering him. Even though he was a pain in the butt, he was still my brother, and I cared…a little.

          Silence.

          “Zach?”

          He swallowed audibly. “Do you ever miss daddy?”

          My breath caught in my throat as the word ‘dad’ was mentioned, and I could feel my hands form into tight fists again. The question caught me completely off guard, and I didn’t know how to answer. Sure, I had been thinking about it all day, but that didn’t mean I knew how to feel about it.

          “Yes.” The word just rolled off my tongue before I had a chance to stop it, but some part of me deep inside knew that it was probably true.

          I missed him. Actually, I missed him a lot no matter how much I tried to deny it. It was the blunt truth.

          “I do too,” he told me truthfully after a while, his voice small and scared.

          Again, silence engulfed us as we got lost in our own thoughts.

          “Why did he have to leave?” Zach asked again, his voice innocent and full of honesty.

          I sighed. The truth was that I didn’t even know. I had thought that I had known, but now I actually know...except now I didn't want to believe that it was the truth. I just wanted to fall asleep right now so that I could just wonder off to dreamland, with no lying dads, screwed projects, and most of all; brothers whom ask questions that just make you want to rip all of your hair out.

          My little Zach looked at me then. His brown eyes – the ones that he had inherited from our dad - was sparkling from the tears that were about to pour out.

          “I don’t know, Zach,” I murmured softly, stroking his soft hair to calm down his emotions. “I really don’t know.”

          ***

          I didn’t sleep a wink.

          Half the time, I had been thinking back to the good times we had with our dad, and the other half had just been me being me, worrying about today.

          I turned off the alarm clock before it had a chance to ring so Zach could get a little more sleep, since it had been about midnight when he finally dozed off.

          I didn’t even bother to look in the mirror to know that my hair was probably in a wild mess, and that there were dark bags under my eyes from the lack of sleep. I was getting used to it anyways.

          My mom wouldn’t let me go to school early to test out our science project, no matter how much I begged her. I even told her that I would do the dishes for a whole month. But then again…she was probably the strictest mom in the world. Not to mention unfair.

          Besides, after dealing with Zach last night, I felt like I should get an award for it. He did nothing but remind me of how good of a dad my dad had been, which was quite torturous.

          I slowly trudged downstairs, not wanting to face my mom yet.

          After what felt like the longest walk to the kitchen, I reached out to grab my breakfast, which consisted a bowl of cereal and a granola bar.

          My mom was nowhere to be seen though, which was odd. She was always downstairs, making us a healthy food instead of just plain cereal. But the more I thought about it…the more I realized that she had been busy a lot lately.

          Just as I was about to finish the last scoop of my Frosted Flakes, my favourite song started playing.

          “If you could only see what I can see, you’d understand why I want you so desperately. Right now I'm looking at you and I can’t believe, you don’t know-oh-oh, you don’t know you’re beautiful…”

          For a while, I was confused, but then I remembered that I had changed my ringtone. A smile instantly tugged at my tense cheeks as I hummed along to the song and leaned over to grab my phone. I guess all I needed was a little sugar and an awesome song to make me happy.

          “Yesh?”

          The person on the other side hesitated for a second. “Hey, Zaira,” Addie’s voice called out, sounding glum for some reason.

          “What’s wrong?” I asked immediately. Our friend wasn’t exactly someone who got mad over something little, so whatever that was bugging her right now must have been pretty bad.

          “So, uh, you know how we came to school early, right?”

          I nodded, not knowing where this was heading. “Yeah…”

          “I had to bring Alex with me, since my parents aren’t home.”

          Scratching my head in confusion, I wondered again where this conversation was going.

          “And, uh, Alex wasn’t looking at where he was going, and sort of, uh, knocked our project over the table,” she finally finished hesitantly, as if she was just waiting for a bomb to go off.

          Well, she was pretty close.

          The bowl that was still in my hand dropped down to the cold tile floor and shattered into pieces, but that wasn’t all. I felt like everyone in even China could had heard me when I inhaled a huge gulp of air in preparation for my explosion. “WHAT?!”

***

(Edited by SomeoneAwesome)

(Slightly edited by TheBoredDevil)

"When I read this I legitemately nearly cried. =D" - SomeoneAwesome

So... It was kind of a filler, but the end was kind of unexpected :D

(I know, Imma so mean to our project XD)

The song that Zaira set her ringtone to is "What Makes You Beautiful" by ONE DIRECTION!!!!! =D (SomeoneAwesome is obsessed xD and so is Chocolate_Luv...but she's more obsessed with The Wanted)

But anyways, I guess TheBoredDevil will just have to continue that :P

Hope you likey =)

<3

Chocolate_Luv

&

The Rest of TheReal_Charmander

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.9K 77 22
Hi there. I'm Delanie. I used to be awkward. That is...until I reached High school....the world of guys, dates, prom, and mean girls. Then I just go...
711 48 21
*THIS BOOK HAS BEEN COMPLETED* When four crazy best friends set out for Uni, fate has something else in store. When they messed with the wrong crowd...
244 26 8
"Hello fellow idiot.Let us join together and form an idiot nation.Agree to my proposal or face sudden death." "Thy shall not be keen to those who thr...
180 28 25
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...