Destination: Lost Love

By brech33se

"What the hell are you doing?" Someone harshly whispered from behind me before picking me up from off the gro... More

0.01
0.03
0.04
0.05
0.06
0.07
0.08
0.09
0.10

0.02

1.1K 88 16
By brech33se

"Aw sweetheart, cat caught your tongue?" He laughed. "I guess nobody's ever told you how bad your singing is either."

I laughed, taking him by surprise. "Actually nobody ever had big enough balls to say it to my face."

"What can I say, I have big balls." He laughed, taunting me even more.

"Not for long." Was all I said before I lunged for him, only before my nails grazed his face to be pulled back by both Brass and Presley.

I thrashed in Brass' arms for a moment before giving up and pulling away from his grasp roughly. He only let me go once he was sure I wouldn't lunge again.

"Who's this?" Brass questioned to Presley as it was obvious they came here together.

The mysterious boy just continued to silently laugh, not bothering to introduce himself while the crowd slowly began to disperse.

"This is Malachi-" Presley started, only to be cut-off by the boy next to him.

"Kai"

My pale, blonde best friend simply rolled his big blue eyes at "Kai", not happy to be cut off in front of his friends.

"Sorry, This is Kai." He turned to Kai looking for approval but Kai only just turned away from him, looking me dead in the eyes. "He is my-"

"Cousin." Kai interrupted again only to make Presley glare at him.

"Would you stop interrupting me?" He yelled at Kai and in response Kai only just stared back at him glaring. "Kai's going to be living with my family for a while."

"Right." Was all Brass said before I jumped in.

"So if Kai is such a know it all with music, why doesn't he come to one of our practices and show us a thing or two." I challenged, still entirely pissed for what he said.

By the look on Kai's face, this seemed to piss him off greatly. I watched as his nose slightly flared and he narrowed his eyes at me.

"I. Don't. Do. Music." He pressed each word slowly before stalking off.

As we all watched his figure disappear deeper into the party, all of us couldn't help but stand there confused.

"What was that about?" Brass laughed while scratching the back of his neck. It was obvious he was just trying to break the tension even though he was just confused as the rest of us.

"Beats me." Presley shrugged.

Presley is the drummer in our band and besides Brass, one of my closest friends. He has bleach blonde hair that he swears is natural and extremely pale skin that made his pale blue eyes standout even more.

I took in what he was wearing, a blue flannel and black jeans. He looked cute as always. Much better than that Kai guy.

"Why is he staying with you anyway?" I sneered at the thought of him.

"Well, uhm." Presley paused, his forehead creasing in confusion. "His parents are, uh- traveling." He nodded to himself. "Traveling."

"You good buddy?" Brass laughed and slapped Presley on the back.

"Oh yeah." He laughed, pulling me in with his arm for a group hug. "Just a little too much to drink already."

"In that case, let's party." Brass sang.

About an hour later into the party Brass and Presley had both wandered deeper into the party while I sat busy with the guitars trying to retune them.

Brass had tried to assure me that both guitars were completely in tune and thought I was just letting Kai get to me. There was a possibility he was right but there was no way in hell I would ever admit that.

Cursing at the thought of Kai, I strummed the guitar for the seventeenth time, not accepting it was in tune.

Maybe it looked weird for a girl to be tuning her guitar in the middle of the towns biggest party, but truth be told, without Brass, I had close to zero social skills.

I knew my temper played a massive role in that but I couldn't help it, I knew I didn't have a filter and whenever it came to it, I couldn't care enough to try and fix it.

So maybe I was purposely looking for any excuse not to go up and approach someone alone, but I'd never tell anybody that.

The sound of sirens is what snapped me out of my thoughts, looking up blue and red lights were slowly getting closer from the outside of the party.

It took me a moment to process what was happening. Glancing around, most of the teenagers who hadn't drunk enough to lose all common sense were running towards the woods or the highway- where their cars were hidden. The others, who were too drunk to function were either throwing up, passed out or sitting and awaiting their fate because they knew they couldn't stand a chance against gravity.

Some friends, who believed in the saying, no man left behind were dragging their drunk friends out. I quickly began looking around for my own friends.

"Fuck" I swore. seeing luck was not on my side and my friends were nowhere in sight. I knew I couldn't afford to be caught so I quickly began packing up both guitars.

I knew I wouldn't have had a problem running if I had only one guitar, but Brass had left me with his too. Even if I was strong, two guitars are not easy to run with.

We couldn't afford to lose our guitars. We could barely afford strings anymore and without our guitars we were nothing.

I was trying to run with a guitar in each hand and was barely getting five feet without having to readjust. The sound of the sirens was getting extremely close and I had no doubt in my mind I was minutes from being caught.

I was barely away from the bonfire when I began seeing the end of someone's flashlight begin to enter the party, not a doubt in my mind it was a cop busting the party.

"I'm going to kill you, Brass." I muttered, all hope fading. I sat down beside both guitars, giving up and awaiting my fate.

"What the hell are you doing?" Someone harshly whispered from behind me before picking me up from the ground by my armpits. "First you can't sing and now you're just plain stupid."

"Excuse me?" I was offended.

"Seriously-" Kai shoved the guitar into my arms before pulling me by the hand. "We don't have time for another one of your temper tantrums."

"Temper tantrum?!" I yelled, making Kai roughly pull my arm towards him so our faces were just inches apart.

"Would you shut up?" Kai whispered roughly, looking me dead in the eyes and making my own eyes go wide with surprise. "I'm trying to help you."

That shut me up real quick.

His hold on my hand was extremely tight and if it wasn't for the situation, I was sure I would yell at him. He was also running a lot faster than I could handle and if it wasn't for his hold on my hand I was sure I would have fallen.

Pulling me through the dark, I was surprised he really could see anything.

"Where are we going?" I whispered quietly, scared he would yell at me. "The exit is in the opposite direction."

"I know." He sighed before pulling me closer to him. "But there is no way we wouldn't get caught with how slow you're moving." He tilted his head towards a rusty car missing its windows. "Get in"

I wanted to argue but I knew he was right and I also knew there was no time to argue. I lifted my foot through the window, carefully avoiding the broken glass around it before climbing into the passenger seat and waiting for Kai.

Except Kai was nowhere in sight when I turned around.

My blood began to boil, I couldn't believe I had trusted this guy. Now not only was I running from the cops alone but he had probably stolen my guitars.

"Oh, that mother-"

"Miss me?" Kai's head popped out from below the window before I could finish my sentence. Almost making me scream but luckily I caught myself.

"Wheres my guitars?"

"Don't worry about it." I opened my mouth to protest but he covered it with his hand. "Don't make me regret helping you."

I closed my mouth and complied, as much as I wanted to argue, I could hear the police getting closer.

"Are you sure this is a good place?" I questioned.

"No." Kai looked around, one shine of a flashlight and we'd be caught. "Top or bottom?"

"Excuse me?" My face scrunched up in horror.

"Not like that, you idiot." Kai rolled his eyes. "We need to hide, so we're going to lay on the floor in the back but there is no room for us to lay side by side, do you want-"

"Bottom," I said quickly. I knew my clothes were a lot brighter and I was hoping Kais would camouflage me.

"Good choice." I began climbing over the middle console into the back. "Aw look who's actually using her brain."

"Shut up and get on me." I hissed, too pissed off at him to realize what I was saying.

"Oh, a woman who knows what she wants, I like it." Kai laughed before climbing towards me.

Feel free to send fan art to the email above and leave a comment on what you think, I read them all :)

Also feel free to follow all my social media and leave me a comment or message through there, I almost always reply.

If you guys have read my last book, The Devil Is My Guardian, let me know and tell me which book you like more so far. It's crazy to think I wrote my last book while I was in middle school, only 14 and now I'm 17 Graduating this year. How old are you and what year do you graduate?

Love you guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 8.2K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...
3.1M 78K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
2.2M 54.3K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...
7 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...