Made To Be Broken

By AMS1971

At age 14, Noble Richmond becomes devastatingly aware that he is gay. Being raised in a Christian home and ch... More

Made To Be Broken
Prologue
Don't Say A Word, Don't Tell A Soul
Moments Of Weakness
Tormented And Torn Apart
Broken And Spilled Out
What Do You Want From Me
What The Heart Wants
When You Say Nothing At All
A Simple Plan
No Will To Resist
Running Away With My Heart
Surrender To Me
Truth Behind The Lie
Can't Be Where You Are
Right Here Waiting
Will You Still Love Me
Total Eclipse Of The Heart
Forsake Me Not
Battlefield Of Love
Here To Stay
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
Wherefore Art Thou, Romeo?
Where Knights Rush In
Kiss Of Life
Who I Am
Is This Really Love, That We're In
Romance In All Its Strategy
Come A Little Bit Closer
Holding On & Letting Go
Monster Behind The Mask
Love Undeniable
Torn In Two For You
Necessary Lessons
Do Unto Others
On My Way To You
A Touch Of Love
Lovin' Every Minute
No Going Back
Heart To Heart
Home Again
EPILOGUE (pt. 1) : "Circle Of Promise"
EPILOGUE (pt. 2) : "May The Circle, Be Unbroken"

No Stopping Us Now

30.8K 1.3K 249
By AMS1971

“Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light.”

- Halo,  BEYONCE

_____________________________

 The impending phone call had been grinding Noble’s guts all evening, but he couldn’t put it off any longer. When the line picked up at the other end, the tension coiled tighter. “Reverend Bane?” Noble said quietly, voice unsteady.

“Yes.” The man answered pleasantly.

Noble hesitated, throat closing. “This is…Noble Richman. I…I just wanted to let you know that I won’t be able to help out at the rec center. My ribs were injured and I just got out of the hospital. I apologize for the short notice.”

Silence sifted through, and when Rev. Bane spoke again, the pleasantness was gone. “That’s quite all right. I’ve already found someone to take your place.”

“I…I don’t understand.” But didn’t he? Bane had seen him on his date with Jonah, dancing with a man in public. He’d seen the look in the reverend’s eyes; shock, disapproval…disgust.

“I think you do, Noble.” The man said quietly, stiffly. “Parents just aren’t comfortable with their children spending time in the company of…” He didn’t say the word, whichever word he had had in mind, and let the sentence go.

“I’ve been volunteering at the rec center for over a year now. No one has ever had a problem with me.”

“That was before.” Bane said. “If the parents found out that their small children were being monitored and attended to by…a homosexual…they wouldn’t allow them to come to the center, and that wouldn’t be fair to the kids.”

“I don’t-”

“You know that all our volunteers are from the churches. Christians.”

“I am a Christian.” Noble whispered. “You know that.”

The man sighed. “I’m sorry, Noble. I don’t know who you have been listening to, but they are leading you astray from the word of God. I do not believe a person can be both gay and Christian. A choice has to be made, one or the other.” He paused briefly. “And you’ve obviously made your choice. And as long as you choose to engage in such a lifestyle…I have to respectfully ask you not to volunteer at the center anymore.”

Noble was at a loss for words. For a moment in time, lost in Jonah’s presence, he had forgotten that outside his lover’s arms, outside his home…the world still looked on him in judgment.

“I say this in love, Noble – I strongly suggest you re-examine the word of God…and get back on the right path before it’s too late.”

Jonah stepped into the bedroom doorway and leaned against the door frame, arms crossing loosely over his chest. The tightness in Noble’s face creased his brow with a frown. He mouthed the question – ‘Who are you talking to?’

Noble just looked at him, his pulse instantly quickening at the sight of the man. There was nothing to re-examine. “When someone tells me something in love, Reverend Bane,” Noble murmured, still gazing at Jonah – whose face pinched at the reverend’s name. “They don’t have to tell me ahead of time, I’ll know it when they say it. And nothing you’ve said so far…has been spoken in love. Maybe it’s you who needs to re-examine the bible, particularly the verse that states – by this they shall know ye are my disciples, if ye have love one for another. Christ was big on the whole loving one another thing. Clearly you and a whole hell of a lot of other so-called Christians have forgotten that.” He snapped the phone closed and dropped it on the night stand.

“Damn, baby, you just gave me a woody.” Jonah grinned. “You’re so sexy when you’re assertive.”

“Shit.” Noble laughed softly and shook his head.

Jonah chuckled and came to the bed, and laid down next to him, propped on his elbow. “What kind of bullshit was he spewing out?” He asked, slipping his hand under the blankets and down between Noble’s legs.

His breath catching when the man began to handle him sensually, Noble said thickly, “Same old stuff. I’m being led astray and I can’t be gay and a Christian at the same time.”

“You don’t believe that anymore, do you?” Jonah scooted closer and nuzzled his neck, his hand getting more serious under the covers.

Swallowing hard, Noble laid back against the pillows, face pinching as a low groan crept up his throat. “No…” he trembled, heat spreading through him.

“Good boy.” Jonah kissed his neck then grabbed a bit of skin and sucked gently as he continued to pleasure him down below.

Oh god…” Noble gasped and swallowed thickly. His hips lifted a little, trying to push himself through Jonah’s fist.

“I forgot.” Jonah murmured and released him, drawing his hand from beneath the blankets. “I’m not supposed to get you too worked up.” He kissed his cheek and smiled. “Sorry about that. I’ll leave you alone.”

He rolled over to get up and Noble grabbed the back of his shirt. “You’re not going anywhere, mister.” He groaned. “Now get back here and finish what you started.”

Without a shred of resistance, Jonah chuckled and rolled back over, hand delving beneath the blankets again. “Well, if you insist.” He kissed him and slid his hand around Noble’s stiff member, squeezing and stroking slowly.

A slow, satisfied smile curved Noble’s lips as he rested against the pillows, eyes closing, a soft moan sifting out of him. Jonah laughed softly and leaned over, kissing him again, his lips lingering on Noble’s mouth as he moved his fist up and down his hard shaft. “If I didn’t know better,” he murmured, “I might think you were enjoying this.”

Pinching his thumb and index finger together, Noble trembled, “Just a lil bit.” His face tightened with sexual pleasure and he groaned hard when Jonah increased the momentum.

“Well that won’t do.” Jonah whispered and smiled. “We’re going for all out, mind blowing ecstasy.” His lips trailed down Noble’s throat in a continual descent. “And speaking of blowing…

......................

The week faded into the weekend and Alan was released from the hospital. Both he and Tessa returned home without further incident, dropping the charges against Jonah and Rebecca. When Jonah learned of the news from the lawyer his dad had hired, he was rather shocked – until he considered their motives. They were now aware that Noble was ready to take them to court, and he had plenty of people backing him up, supporting him. With the charges of the past hanging over their heads as well as the present charges, it made sense that they weren’t eager to face off in a legal battle.

“If they think that tucking tail and slinking out of town is going to prevent them from facing assault charges,” Jonah told his dad as they sat on the front porch of Jonah’s house. “They’ve got another think coming. That fucker isn’t getting away with what he did.”

“As he shouldn’t.” Mason agreed. “But ultimately, it has to be Noble’s decision to have him prosecuted.”

“He’ll do it.” Jonah assured. “He’s done being that bastard’s victim.” He sat on the top step, resting on his knees. His hand dragged over his mouth and he glanced at his dad. “Just because they dropped the charges against me…that doesn’t mean I’m off scott free, does it?”

“Mmm…no.” Mason smiled. “You did start a fight in a hospital, and that’s a big no-no. But your attorney is certain he can get the charges by the hospital reduced.”

“Will I have to do time?”

Mason sighed. “Possibly. But probably no more than thirty days. And then some community service afterwards.”

Nodding slowly, Jonah stared out at the trees. “Thirty days, huh?” he murmured. A month of not being able to touch Noble? Or be with him at all? He wouldn’t complain too much, considering it could have been a whole hell of a lot longer, but even the prospect of thirty days without Noble had a crippling effect on his senses, his heart.

Mason clapped him on the back and chuckled low. “You’ll endure.” Jonah didn’t have to say it out loud for his dad to know exactly what he was thinking. “And I’ll keep an eye on your boy for you.”

Groaning, Jonah rubbed the back of his neck. “This is going to be torture.”

“He can visit you.” Mason smiled, and squeezed his shoulder. “You’ll be fine.”

“Yeah.” Jonah muttered doubtfully, dreading his upcoming time away from Noble, but not sorry for his actions that got him that time.

“Well, you have three weeks before you have to go to court.” Mason said. “And there is the possibility you might come away with just the community service. Although I wouldn’t bank on that.”

Jonah sighed heavy. “Yeah, I’m not holding my breath on that one.” He groaned and stood up. “I’m going to check on Noble, see if he’s awake, wants something to eat.”

“I should be getting back.” Mason said. “Tomorrow evening…we were going to have the Fourth of July dinner at my place. But if you want, we can move it out here. I’m sure Noble isn’t up to coming in there and hanging out all evening. Although we were planning on attending the fireworks down at the park.” He shrugged and smiled. “We’ll figure something out. Maybe have dinner out here earlier, then go back in when it starts to get dark, for the fireworks.”

“Well, let me talk to Noble and see what he wants to do. He’s been in that bed for three days straight. He might be wanting to get out for awhile.”

Mason nodded. “Okay. But if it looks like it hurts too much for him to move around, don’t let him talk you into bringing him to town.”

“Oh I won’t.” Jonah assured.

“Good deal.” Mason hugged him. “Call me later, let me know what’s going on so we can plan the dinner accordingly.”

“I will.” Jonah said when his dad stepped back and walked down the steps. “Drive careful, dad.”

“Always.”

Jonah found Noble awake and half propped up on the pillows, reading his bible. “Hey, beautiful.”

Glancing up, Noble smiled then closed the book and set it on the night stand. “Hey.” He titled his face up for a kiss and received it. “Did your dad leave?”

“Yeah.” Jonah sat on the edge of the bed and took his hand, kissing his knuckles. “So how have you been feeling? Ribs still hurting like a mother humper?”

“Pretty much.” As if on cue, Noble winced a little as he scooted down in the bed. “But they’re slowly getting better.”

“Well, even so, we’ll just go ahead and have the dinner out here.”

Noble frowned. “What dinner?”

“For the Fourth of July.” Jonah said. “We were going to have it in at dad’s, but with you pretty much bed ridden, he said we could do it out here.”

Noble sighed. “I’d forgotten about that.” He shook his head. “They shouldn’t have to rearrange everything because of me.”

Jonah leaned over him and kissed him lightly on the lips. “Well I’m not going without you. And you’re not going if you’re still in serious pain. And dad won’t have the dinner without us. So, tough titty said the kitty when the milk ran dry – we’re having the dinner out here.” He planted another, perfunctory kiss on his mouth. “Case closed.”

Noble suppressed a smile and murmured, “Damn, you’re sexy when you’re assertive.”

“Then we make a great pair.” Jonah grinned and kissed him more deeply.

“I agree.” Noble panted softly and ran his hands up under Jonah’s shirt, rubbing his chest.

Jonah slowly arched an eyebrow. “For a crippled guy, you’re awful handsy.”

“Want me to stop?”

“I think we’ve already established the answer to that question.” Jonah grinned and rubbed his lips down the side of Noble’s neck. “And I thought that when you finally came out, you were going to be shy about touching me.” He sighed heavy and kissed Noble’s ear. “Sometimes I really don’t mind being wrong.”

......................

The chest rubbing had turned to a lot of other rubbing, and it had only taken moments for Jonah’s clothes to disappear. After thoroughly working one another up, then cooling each other down again, Jonah lay naked on top of the blankets, breath raspy and stiff, chest lightly glossed with sweat. Noble couldn’t get over how beautiful the man was, especially moments after an orgasm. That look of pure satisfaction and fulfilment in his violet eyes made Noble’s heart flip-flop like crazy in his chest – just knowing he was the reason.

Sucking in a deep breath, Jonah released it on a heavy sigh then rubbed his face. “Damn, baby…if you can affect me this powerfully with just your hands…I’m not sure I can survive all out love making.” He rolled over and kissed Noble’s damp, hot chest. “But I’ll risk it. If I die, I’ll go out a happy man.”

Noble laughed breathlessly; he got double the treatment from Jonah. Hands and mouth. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to use his mouth on Jonah – he did, like mad – but the man never brought it up, never made the suggestion. Perhaps, like Noble, he was waiting for the healing process to complete itself.

Rolling away from him, Jonah left the bed. Noble gazed at his beautiful naked body, so perfect in every way. His skin glistened in the lamp light and his member remained heavy, semi-stiff, ready to come back to life at a moment’s notice. When he walked to the door, Noble asked, “Where are you going?”

“Just need to grab my phone.” He winked. “Be right back, no worries.”

“What do you need your phone for…” But he was already out the door, his footsteps dull against the thick hall carpet.

Sinking back into the pillows, Noble stared at the ceiling, waiting for him to return. His heart beat still thumped hard at his chest wall, his breath quickened. His ribs hurt a bit, but it was worth it to be able to experience Jonah’s intense passion. When they finally did make love…his eyes closed and a smile curved his lips. Jonah wasn’t the only one who may not survive it.

“And what are you thinking about?” Jonah’s sudden reemergence into the bedroom snapped Noble’s eyes open. His cheeks warmed a little.

“Nothing.” He smiled with innocence that Jonah seemed skeptical of.

“Uh huh.” He came back around to the bed and flopped down, bouncing the bed beneath Noble. He leaned on one elbow and opened his phone, dialing a number.

“Who are you calling?” Noble reached over and slid his fingers through Jonah’s hair, his fingertips rubbing against his heated scalp.

 “Just inviting one extra guest to our little dinner party.” He smiled slyly and winked.

Noble shook his head slowly and laughed softly. “Rebecca is going to kill you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 6.7K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
19.2K 950 59
Oliver's excuse for everything is that it's a small town. He know that's not the truth. There's many smaller towns that are nice, amazing even. His i...
4.2K 363 27
❝Being gay is a sin, Oliver and we're going to help rid you of temptation❞ In which Oliver likes boys and his family hates him for it. **This is a s...
8.1K 273 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...