Grace - Elijah Mikaelson -

By Nanuri

Why is the oldest Gilbert never part of the story? Grace fled Mystic Falls after her parents died in an accid... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Gangster's Paradise (Bonus Chapter 1)
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92

Chapter 8

39.6K 1K 528
By Nanuri

Grace didn't see Elijah again for the night. She saw him disappearing with Damon somewhere, but none of them was to be seen again after that. The young woman hoped that they didn't got into any kind of quarrel on her party.

She tried do get her mind of her little disappointment and admired her work. Everyone told her how awesome the evening was and Carol even told her that she was very happy to see the historical society back to it's charm.

Late in the evening, after every guest had left, she went home herself and directly fell into her bed exhausted. It was good, like that she didn't overthink that thing with Elijah too much. He had seemed like he avoided her, maybe their flirting had gotten too much for him. Maybe he wasn't interested in her after all. Grace tried hard to not let it hurt her and forced herself to sleep, which worked perfectly after this eventful day.

In the morning, Grace enjoyed the thought of being alone in the house when she woke up. Elena was still with Stefan in the lake house and Jeremy probably was out with his friends and would later one work in the Grill.

But she completely forgot about John. She was in quite the good mood as she walked down to the kitchen. Successfully she had pushed yesterday's thoughts away. John ruined her mood immediately. She rolled her eyes and was about to turn around and leave when she saw her, but she decided to handle it like an adult and face him. It was her home after all.

"Good morning, Grace."

He poured himself a cup of coffee. Instead of asking her if she wanted a coffee, too, he just sat down. What a gentleman.

"Good morning, John."

Grace faked a smile before she fixed herself a cup with a lot of milk in it. She never really had liked the bitter flavor of coffee.

"Where's Elena? I haven't seen her this morning."

John looked up to her and Grace jumped onto the kitchen counter and grabbed a newspaper, quickly skimming the headlines.

"She's with Stefan at the lake house."

She didn't lift her glance as she answered as she read the article about the newest animal attacks with a frown. What kind of animal did this? And since when did people die in Mystic Falls, except for car accidents and old age?

"Who allowed her that?"

John's voice was harsh which made Grace look up. She lifted a brow at him as he peaked her temper, but she tried to hold it back.

"I did. As legal guardian I can."

She crossed her arms in front of her chest sassily.

"Oh, I think not for long anymore, Grace. But what do I wonder? You've always been the black sheep of the family. No one can expect you do change into someone with a sense of responsibility."

Her hands clenched into fists as she tried to control her facial expression. The little twitching of her upper lip was the only thing that gave away that she was about to explode.

Grace got up from the kitchen counter and walked slowly to John who had stood up, too. She eyed him like prey, which made her sweet face look quite scary.

"Dearest John, if my memory serves me right, I remember you being even more in the darker shade of the families' blacklist. But the funny thing is, you don't have any power over me, being Elena's father or not. Right now I'm the rightful owner of this house, because I'm the keeper of Elena's and Jeremy's fortune until they're eighteen. That means, you can't do anything to me. But I can call the police and tell that you're trespassing whenever I want. Who's in charge here now?"

John just looked at her speechless and didn't say anything else, which was good for him. This was her last warning towards him. She knew that he would try to get the legal guardianship for Elena, but he never could get Jeremy's which likely would mean that the court would decide in Grace's favor.

She flashed him a feisty smirk before she grabbed her bag and went out of the house. To be honest she had no idea where she should go, but she had her great exit which satisfied her. She won this time.

But the releasing of her anger came down on her and made her shiver suddenly. It wasn't unusual for her. She couldn't be that tough for a long time. Luckily it happened now that she was alone.

Grace hadn't come far when she bumped into a hard, muscular chest. But before she could fall backwards, she was grabbed by her shoulders and steadied.

"Hello, Grace."

Elijah's voice spoke as he looked down to her with a lifted brow. Grace wanted to disappear into nothingness. She was deeply embarrassed because she hadn't been looking where she was going.

Distracting from her flushed cheeks, she looked away and stroked her long hair out of her face. Elijah's expression turned into worry as he studied her face.

"Are you alright?"

He let his hands slide off her shoulders to his side. Grace immediately shivered again as she missed his touched. She surely was too confused to deal with their tension this morning.

"No...I mean, yes, I'm alright. It's just an annoying uncle who wants to fight over legal guardianship with me. But it doesn't matter. Why have you come here?"

They walked alongside each other on the sidewalk, away from the house, directed towards the town's center.

"I just wanted to apologize for my sudden exit yesterday. We weren't finished with our conversation, but I...didn't feel that well."

Grace nodded, knowing that wasn't the full truth. But it wasn't her business.

"No apology needed. I was quite busy myself. Do you want me to show you anything else today? I have an idea where the witch burial ground could be located."

Elijah seemed to relax a bit and smiled.

"I've heard it'll be rainy today, so maybe we should stay inside for today. Are your siblings at home?"

"Elena's at our lake house with her boyfriend and my brother is somewhere with his friends. There's just my annoying uncle that keeps me away from home."

Grace chuckled to which Elijah joined. She was very happy that there wasn't strange behavior between them, even if there was quite some undone talk to do.

"Well, then I would love to invite you over to the Grill, if you like to."

Nodding happily, she continued to walk next to him. They were close to each other, sometimes their fingers touched when they moved and Grace nearly urged to take Elijah's hand. His touch was promising so much comfort and she could see in Elijah's eyes that he was also interested. But he was old school, that kind of initiative would come from him.

It started to pour rain just before they arrived at the Grill and they started to run laughing. Elijah held his coat up to try and protect Grace's and his face from the rain. Politely he opened the restaurants' door for her. Grace smiled widely at him and it seemed to take him off guard for a second. But he quickly composed himself and led her in, his hand hovering over her back.

They were immediately met by Damon's light blue eyes when they took their coats off. His girlfriend Andy and Ric sat beside him as the raven haired man waved them over to their table.

Grace and Elijah exchanged a quick glance before they joined the group.

"You two are back onto the historical mission, aren't you?"

Damon said with a big, fake smile on his handsome face. Again Grace asked herself what this sly guy's deal was.

"I suppose we are."

She said politely and gave Andy a smile. Last night the news reporter and her had loosely befriended after a long, good conversation. Grace just felt a bit bad for her, because it was obvious how much she fancied Damon and how much Damon didn't in return.

"As much as I'd love to continue this, I have papers to grade."

Alaric threw some bills on the table and Grace was already relieved that the conversation was short cut, but Andy interrupted.

"Oh no, we should continue this. Maybe over dinner tonight?"

Damon turned to her and continued to speak to the woman like to a child.

"Uh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host."

He wiggled with his fingers. Grace just lifted an eyebrow and looked at Elijah quite apologizing. They wouldn't get out of this.

"I'm free tonight."

She sighed.

"Would be a pleasure."

Elijah shrugged and smiled. Alaric also accepted. Grace didn't really know what to think about this idea, but what did she had to loose? She always had been quite curious in the Salvatore estate and everything was better than another lonely night in front of the TV.

...

Together with Alaric, Grace arrived at the Salvatore estate early. They volunteered to prepare the food and as Grace wasn't the worst cook, she took matters into her hands. She carefully prepared the main dish which was one of her favorite pasta with chicken recipe while Alaric chopped vegetables for a salad.

"You and Elijah seem pretty close."

Grace rolled her eyes. The second person who asked her about her personal life today. She sighed an walked around, her chicken was already in the oven.

"We work together, yes. And yes, he's a very nice man."

She examined the fascinating old trinkets that were scattered around the boarding house. It peaked Grace's interest. The house was huge and filled with artifacts from way some time back.

Alaric seemed to get the hint that she didn't want to deepen the topic and kept his mouth shut. Damon strolled in with Andy. The woman got the silverware and walked to the dining room with it.

"That looks delicious, Gracie. Were did you learn that?"

Calmly Grace got some wine glasses and helped Andy to set the table. Damon followed her, not seeming to have anything to do which annoyed Grace.

"You learn quite some things when you live alone, Damon. Would you make yourself useful and get a good red wine?"

She made it clear that she didn't want him near her. He disappeared with Alaric and Grace sighed in relief.

"You don't like him, do you?"

Andy asked, not looking up from the tablecloth.

"I don't know, he's not the worst person I met. It's just that I don't like it when men put on the tough, all-macho act. Even though it's clear that it's just a mask."

Grace said thoughtfully while Andy shrugged and adjusted her scarf. It was kind of strange, because it was very warm inside the house.

"I try to see through that."

Looking up, Grace gave her a sympathetic look. She was so cute and passionate. Damon really didn't deserve her.

"Good luck with that."

Right at that moment, it knocked at the door and Grace rushed to open it. When she saw John, she just rolled her eyes disgusted and left the matter to a approaching Damon.

She avoided her uncle and waited inside the kitchen when she suddenly heard Elijah's voice from beside her.

"Grace, how nice to see you again! You look incredible."

He whispered the last words and leaned down to kiss her cheek, which Grace mimicked. She smiled widely.

"Thank you. You do quite well yourself."

Teasing, she winked at him and disappeared back into the kitchen. Grace was in a good mood this evening at wouldn't let that get ruined by John. She would simply ignore him for as much as possible.

Grace got the pot with the steaming chicken out of the oven and carried it to the counter.

"Can I help you with anything?"

His voice was so close to her ear all of a sudden, Grace flinched and touched the burning hot pot to which she shrieked and let it fall out of reflex.

She already could imagine all the carefully prepared food spreading over the floor, when hands shot in front of her with an unbelievable speed and caught the pot only to set it on the counter.

"Oh my god! Thank you! You...you must be burnt, the pot was steaming!"

Grace stuttered, being overly confused. It all went by so fast. Another silly reflex got the best of her and she grabbed Elijah's hands. She examined them. They should've been awfully red and hurt, like her thumb with which she touched the steel of the pot. But they were flawless as always and she frowned.

Elijah chuckled and let her hold his hands.

"It wasn't that hot."

He lightly withdrew her hands, but Grace suddenly looked into his eyes intensely.

"It was."

She whispered, but couldn't follow the thought, because Andy peaked inside and asked if they were ready with the food.

Elijah handed her a pile of plates before he left the kitchen without another word. Grace tried to clear her mind by arranging the food as appetizing as possible, while Andy filled the salad into little bowls. Both women carried the food inside and placed it in front of the others before taking a seat themselves.

Grace poured some of the very old and expensive looking wine into her glass and enjoyed a sip of it. It tasted wonderful and prepared her sensitive senses for the food. The wine perfectly matched the meal. Damon had a good taste, she had to admit.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town."

She smiled while tried the salad and looked at Damon.

"Hmm, do tell."

He clearly faked is interest.

"Well, as I mentioned to Grace earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690's.Over the next hundred years they created a this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

Grace leaned a it forward to closely listen to what he said in an interested manner. The witch trials were also a topic where she invested quite some time with at university, especially with their connection to emancipation.

"It was told they were witches."

Now it was Elijah who tasted the wine and they locked gazes, for a moment it felt like they were alone, back with only them and their historical work.

"There's no tangible proof that there were witches in Salem."

Luckily Andy broke the tension and they both looked back at their plates.

"Well the lore says, that an anti-witch hysteria broke out in the neighboring settlements. So these witches were rounded up and tied to stakes in the field and, uh, burned."

While speaking he motioned with his hands to stress the point. He said it in a nearly cold way, he seemed to keep his distance concerning this topic. It was essential for historians to not judge such events, even if it would be common sense nowadays.

"Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us as they were consumed by the fire...could you pass that?"

He said after a pause with a slight smile.

"It's starting to sound like a little ghost story to me."

John said with disrespect clear in his voice. Grace was starting to get even more angry at her uncle, but Elijah just shrugged completely unaffected.

"So why do you want to know about the place where the massacres happened?"

Damon asked and motioned with his fork.

"Ah, you know...just the historian's curiosity I guess."

He grinned at Grace while he said that and continued to eat. The dinner went on uneventfully with just some pleasantries that praised the food Grace cooked. Again Andy and her cleaned the table after everyone was finished.

"Does anyone care for some Cognac? I've got a bottle I've been saving for ages."

Damon stood up and smirked knowingly.

"I'd love to."

Grace said and chuckled while everyone got up from their seats. But then Andy exchanged a glance with Damon and she spoke up.

"The...um...gentlemen should take their drinks in the study."

To that Grace just lifted an eyebrow. How sexist. But she didn't say anything against it and just left it be.

"I have to say the food was almost as good as the company."

Again he looked directly at Grace and gently touched her back as he walked past her.

Blushing, she disappeared into the kitchen to start doing the dishes when she noticed Alaric nervously fiddling next to her.

"Is everything alright?"

She smiled at the teacher and tilted her head. Alaric had been really nice to her since she was here, she appreciated it. Still, she had the feeling that he was feeling uncomfortable with her because of Jenna.

"Yeah, yeah...it's just...Oh, we forgot about desert!"

A little strangely he slapped his head to which Grace frowned.

"Um, yes...I bought some instant pudding, I could fix it quickly. Let's tell the other's, shall we?"

Alaric nodded, still seeming nervous and rushed out of the kitchen. Grace followed after him as he stumbled into the living room. Maybe he was just a light weight concerning wine and slightly tipsy.

"Gentlemen...we forgot about desert!"

Damon shot him an annoyed look, but both went back to the living room, while Grace waited for Elijah. She grinned as she reached her hand out for him, but instead of simply taking it, he twirled her around elegantly, but suddenly, this tension was back.

In a matter of seconds, she was pressed against the wall, Elijah closely in front of her, looking down to her. The swelling of her breasts touched his chest whenever she took a shaking breath. They stared into each other's eyes intensely.

Elijah's hand cupped her cheek and Grace closed her eyes, leaning into his touch.

"We should talk about this."

She whispered. Silence erupted for long seconds.

"We should."

Then, all of a sudden, Elijah's touch was gone. When Grace opened her eyes, he had stepped back from her and looked at her with a torn expression. Torn between wanting her and restraint. The latter won and he went back to the dining room.

Grace needed a moment to get herself back together, but finally could convince herself to go back into the kitchen and make the pudding. She was alone with her thoughts in the kitchen. Miserably failing, she tried to concentrate on the pudding, but ruined it completely.

The young woman wanted to go into the dining room and apologize for her failure with the alternative of ice cream, but when she entered the room, everyone was gone.

She frowned and looked around confused. The party seemed to have went somewhere else without her, which pretty much hurt her feelings. At least she didn't have to apologize for the pudding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

490 12 11
Elise Gilbert was just a normal girl that left Mystic Falls at 14 since she wasn't really treated normally there. After 4 years she decides to go bac...
56.8K 1.7K 42
"๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ, ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐š๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฅ๐š๏ฟฝ...
215K 7.6K 27
ใ€Œ๐—ง๐—›๐—˜ ๐—™๐—œ๐—ฅ๐—ฆ๐—งใ€โ I'll do it all over again โž โ–ช๏ธŽ Synopsis โ–ช๏ธŽ Melrose and Damarion Fisher, mother and son, returns to Mystic Falls, after 145 years...
184K 4.8K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...