I'd tell you the truth, But S...

By NotLostButWandering

[BOOK 1 IN THE HIDDEN AVENGER SERIES] Astrid Warren. Your average high school girl. Right? Only if every 14... More

Authors note- Skip
Introduction
The begining of an unknown adventure
What is going on here? Part 1
What is going on here? Part 2
To sum up the events..
Finding Out
A New Hero Rises
Where darkness meets light
This is only the beggining
A state of mind
Through Sorrow and Power- Part 1
Through Sorrow and Power- Part 2
Hard Truth and Acceptance
We will be Unbroken
It won't end like this
Revenge is best served when not dying
That solves that problem
Epoluge
Second book

The act of learning

1.7K 60 1
By NotLostButWandering

Chapter 10

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me." Loki turned from facing the wall to look at Nat, who was entering the room.

Yep. Using an Agent as bait to get Loki to spill. That was my brilliant idea. The best person for that was Nat. I don't know what she was going to do yet, but I trusted her. I was back in the lab, her orders. I watching everything unfold through my Holographic Mode. Jarvis stays silent as the conversation rings in my ears.

"But you figured I'd come."

"After. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And that I would cooperate."

"I want to know what you've done to Agent Barton." I strain to keep my eyes from widening. What is she trying to say? What, I may be a little tomboyish, but I am still a teenager.

"I'd say I've expanded his mind."

"And once you've won. Once your king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?"

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?" I knew it! Coulson owes me.

"Love is for children. I owe him a debt. And he owns someone else one." My face drops, remembering the day she was talking about; Forgetting about Coulson. I shake it of and focus back to the scene. Loki walks towards the glass.

"Tell me." Nat walks forward and sits in a chair. Loki stares intently at her.

"Before I worked for S.H.I.E.L.D., I.........uh, well, made a name for myself. I had a very specific skill set. I didn't care who I used it for. Or on. I got on S.H.I.E.L.D.s radar in a bad way. Barton was sent to kill me. He made a different call."

I really didn't expect her to spill that much. I didn't expect her to spill at all!

"And what would you do if I vowed to spare him?"

"Not let you out." He laughed.

"Ah, no. But I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man."

"Regimes fall everyday. I tend not to weep over that. I'm Russian......Or was."

"What do you want."

"Its really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter? São Paulo? The hospital fire? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, its gushing red. And you think saving a man, no more virtuous than yourself, will change anything?" He gets a little closer to the glass, angry.

"This is the basest sentimentally! This is a child at prayer. Pathetic!" I look past the hologram to see Stark and Banner still working. I get up and slip out the door.

"You lie and kill at the service of liers and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code. Something that makes up for the horrors. But they are part of you, and they will never go away."

I feel a tug in the back of my head. I lean against a wall and groan; Squeezing my eyes shut. A flash passes. Steve is standing in front of a crate that we have in the storage rooms. Pulling what looked to be a Hydra weapon out of it. I open my electric blue eyes and look back at the screen. Loki slams his fist onto the glass, making Nat jump a little.

"I won't kill Barton. Not until I make him kill you. Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear. And when he'll wake, just long enough to see his work. And when he screams, I'll split his skull!" My eyes widen. "This is my bargain, you mewling quim!" Nat turns and starts to 'cry'. I smirk.

"Your a monster." She spits out, venom lacing her voice. Loki just chuckled.

"No, you brought the monsters." I gasp and quickly turn off the screen, starting to run for the control room.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulks. Keep Banner and Warren in the lab. I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." Romanoff is back everybody. Her voice rings through my ears, and is then followed by Coulson's.

"No, he needs to finish his work. We can't go in there and have him leave. Head back here to the control room."

I walk through the doors, passing a few agents in a hurry. I walk over to Coulson as another door hisses open and Nat walks through.

"Romanoff, you cover here. Don't let anyone find out about what he's planing." She nods and walks off.

"What about me?"

"You are going to train."

***TIME SKIP TIME***

I walk into the lab, exhausted. We spent FOUR HOURS working on my powers. At least I can use them all now, fluently. And I found out more about my Demon side. Stark clears his throat as I walk to the other side of his screen.

"Did you know about this, Astrid?" I gave him a confused look. Something was wrong, he never calls me by my full name. He turns the screen around to face me.

I gasped, "No, I didn't. But Fury is defiantly up to something."

"Then," Banner said, "Lets do something about it."

***HA! ANOTHER TIME SKIP CAUSE I CAN***

Fury walks through the door to see our work stopped.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh...Kind of been wondering the same thing about you."

"Your supposed to be locating the tesseract."

"We are." I clarify, swinging my legs off the corner of the table I was sitting on.

"The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now." Banner adds, glancing at one of the screens.

"When we get a hit, we'll have the location within a half mile." I finish. Tony nods.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss." As he is saying that, I quickly slip into Holographic Mode, opening the file on his screen. I quickly switch back as he starts to talk again.

"What's Phase 2?" Steve suddenly bursts through the door, holding the same weapon I saw him holding in my 'vision'. He slammed it down on a table.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D using the tesseract to make weapons. Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

"Rogers, we gathered anything related to the tesseract. This does not mean-" Stark clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, Nick." He turns his screen around, which show plans of the weapon Rogers brought in. My eyes narrowed.

"What, were you lying?"

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve spits out, glaring at Fury. The door hisses open as Thor and Natasha walk in. Nat stops, but continues to glance between Banner and I.

"Did you know about this?" He asks her accusingly.

"You two want to think about removing yourselves from this environment?" She asks, ignoring Banner. I quickly shake my head, not wanting to dive into the already standing tension.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki's manipulating you." She replies, turning her attention completely to Banner.

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"And I'm not leaving just because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D. is using the tesseract for mass destruction."

"Because of him." Fury states, pointing at Thor. Who is just as shocked and surprised as I am.

"Why?" I ask, only to be ignored. I am starting to get a little ticked off.

"Me?" Thor asks, uncertain.

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge mass that leveled a small town." Fury explained, "We learned that not only are we alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, out gunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But your not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world is filling up with people who can't be matched. They can't be controlled." I jumped up from the table and glared at Fury.

"So, that's the reason for all of this. Why I can no longer be normal?! I was never morphed into this to become the hope for humanity. I was morphed to be your Killing Machine! To control chaos!" I quickly ran out the door, not caring what anybody had to say.

I started running down hall after hall, not running into any agents. Seeing something gleam, I turn my head to look at my right hand. Four rings. Passing by a mirror, I stop and look at my reflection. Just as they said. Dark green hair, darker eyes, huge pupils.

Coulson? I mind message him. Its one of my newest abilities I found. I focus on his mind.

What's wrong, Ash? I hear one of his thoughts escape.

Its happening again.

Just calm down, take a deep breath. I have something to do. Just stay calm.

Ok, thanks. I look into the mirror. Closing my eyes I take a deep breath. When I open them again, I am staring back into my cool, grey eyes.

I turn on my heel and start to walk in the direction of the control room. A tug in my mind stops me. I close my eyes and focus.

I see one of the engines of the Hellicarrier. Something flies passed me and hits it. A second later, an explosion hits the air and my eyes shoot open. I start running again, faster than before.

Well, was. Until I am thrown down as the explosion ripples through the air. Fury's urgent voice rings through the comms system.

"Hill?"

A/N- Hey Shadows. Sorry this chapter is so long. I wanted to give you something for a reason. I am not going to be updating for about a week. Something urgent came up, and I have to leave to see family. Sadly, I will not have good internet connection, so I cannot update.

"But, she will have her computer, so she will be working on a few chapters."

If I have the time. And Astrid, what did we talk about?

"*Throws hands in the air* I don't care. Now then. Please vote and comment! We love hearing from you!"

~Dusk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 190 16
Y/n Barton is not just any girl. When she was 10 she know that she wanted to be just like her father so she started to train as a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent...
13.6K 238 27
When (Y/N) was 5, her parents died on a very dangerous mission of SHIELD. Only one person survived. His name was Phil Coulson. He promised (Y/N's) p...
5K 126 20
Leyla Latrova is just an orphan girl with a mysterious past. But what will happen if she gets adopted by the Avengers? Will her new family accept her...
11.7K 287 102
{do not read!! its too cringe, I'll re-wright it soon} one year ago Iris was a 14-year-old girl who lived most of her life running away and hiding, t...