The Claim ✔️ *Editing*

By felisidy901

Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother t... More

Prologue
1. Change In Scenery
2. Missed Me?
3. Easy There Tiger
4. Off We Go
5. Second Home
6. Work Flow
7. You Call This A Party?
8. Betrayal
9. Truth
10. When Reality Hits
11. Adjustments
12. Mating Ceremony
13. Responsililities
14. Pack Run
15. Leaving So Soon?
16. Unexpected
17. Training
18. New Person, Same Old Mistakes
19. Just One Drink
20. Spill
21. Walk Away
22. Finally Home
23. Back To Normal
24. I Fall Apart
25. Today's the Day
26. Reunion*
27. Calm Before the Storm
28. Don't Get Too Comfortable
29. Coming To Terms
30. Judgment Day
31. Waiting Game
32. Don't Be Angry With Me
33. The Truth Always Comes Out
35. It's Time
36. Certianty
37. Priorities
38. The Choices We Make
39. Vanished
40. Unspoken Words
41. New Home
42. Silence
43. All Seriousness
44. New Reality
45. Stand Still
46. New Beginnings
Epilogue

34. Flawed

133K 3.4K 98
By felisidy901

I was stuck there in my place, unable to move from the shocking occurrence. My breath caught in my lungs as Titus instantly jumped into action. He shifted into his dark grey wolf, ready to take down the threat. Before Seth could get any closer to me Titus tackled him to the ground. The whole crowd stood back while Ron's menacing laugh echoed around us. This is exactly what he wanted, and he got it.

Chaos...

Owen tugged on my arm, wanting me to follow. I stared into his pleading eyes then back at the scene in front of me. Seth's eyes found mine as a low whine followed. He was having an internal battle with his wolf. He didn't understand the extent of my decision, but he still respected me as his luna.

Seth's family looked torn between what to do. But they knew getting involved would lead in punishment for the entire family so they stayed quiet as they watched in horror.

I quickly followed behind Owen, before Titus stuck his canines into Seth's shoulder. Seth's loud cries rang through my ears as we approached the pack house. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes then hurried into the house.

Owen led me to the living room where we both sat on the couch. I buried my head in my hands as the tears came.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." I said between sobs.

Owen wrapped his arm around me as he pulled me closer. "Brinn I've known you my whole life and I know you wouldn't just kill for the héll of it. From what I've heard, that girl was asking for it. Don't beat yourself up about it."

I dropped my hand then turned to face him. "Yes I attacked her in self defense, but part of me wanted her dead Owen. I wanted her out of Titus and I's life." I felt a sense of relief as the words finally left me mouth. I had been trying to convince myself for days that that wasn't the truth, but deep down I knew.... I knew the truth.

He sighed then ran his hand through his hair. "I'm not going to lie...that's deep, but you're not a bad person Brinn. Stop making yourself out to be one."

I shook my head. "It's not that easy. Seth hates me!" I exclaimed.

"No he doesn't, his wolf is just confused and acted an impulse. Seth is your friend and I'm sure he knows you wouldn't do something like that unless it was warranted."

I ran my hand over my stomach. "I'm a mess." I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall behind the couch. "Brinn?"

"Yes?" I asked as I slowly opened my eyes. Owen's eyes met mine, then traveled down to my hand that was placed protectively over my stomach.

Crap....

"You're pregnant?" I nodded as my eyes stayed glued to his. He stared down at his lap then nodded. "You could have told me, I wouldn't have gotten mad."

I grabbed his hand and placed it in my lap. "I know I just didn't know how. I didn't even know how to tell momma and daddy." He nodded understandingly.

He gently squeezed my hand then smiled. "That explains the multiple mood swings." I furrowed my eyebrows as I shot him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

He shook his head and chuckled. "Never mind, lets go see momma." I wanted to force him to elaborate on his comment, but I pushed it to the side for later. Seeing my mother was something I had anticipated on all day.

***

"Still no progress?" I asked Taylor as we entered my mother's room. Getting over here had my nerves oh high. The crowd had dispersed by the time we left the pack house, but the few that lingered around held questionable looks when their eyes landed on me.

I built up this persona that nothing really bothered me, although having people question my character worried me. Usually I didn't care what people thought, but this was my pack. If they didn't trust me, I had no influence.

"Not so far, but we have to hope for the best." Owen shook his head. I shot him a look before he made a repeat of last night. Taylor noticed his change in mood as well and decided to change the subject. "Luna, is it okay if I check you and the pup?"

I ran my hand through my hair. "Taylor I'm fine. I'll let you know if I start feeling off." She hesitated for a moment but nodded.

"I'll leave you two alone." She said before she left the room. Owen grabbed our mother's hand then sat beside her bedside.

"Do you think she can hear us?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know...maybe. I think I saw in a movie on time, the lady could hear her husband speaking to her." He furrowed his brows. "What movie was that?" I sighed then sat in the seat next to him.

"I don't remember what it was called." He nodded then directed his focus back to our mother.

We sat there in silence for about an hour when Owen decided to stand. "I'm going to go check on Nelly." He explained.

"Yeah go ahead." He placed a kiss on my forehead then left the room. Only to be replaced my my dad a few minutes later. My dad's eyes landed on me then on my mom. He sighed then sat besides me. "How is she?" His gruff voice filled the room.

"She'll wake up daddy. I know she will." He placed her hand in both of his. "I hope so."

I played with the hem of my sweater, not sure what to say after the day I've had. To my relief, my dad filled the awkward silence. "I am very proud of you Brinn." I rose my head and stared at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You have shown a great amount of strength and leadership over the last few days and I am proud." His eyes lit up as he spoke. "I know it was hard for you to make the decision to kill Lily, but I know you did what was best for your pack and your family." He stared down at my stomach then sighed.

"Sometimes we are forced to make the hardest decisions in life, but that's what makes you stronger. Don't ever feel bad for protecting your pack and your pup. You did what you had to and we all support you, okay?" I nodded as I placed my hand over my stomach. "Thank you daddy." I immediately pulled him into a hug.

"I think your mate wants to speak with you." I followed my dad's gaze towards the window behind us. Further out into the woods stood Titus's wolf. His golden eyes stayed glued on me as I stood. "I guess you're right. I'll see you later." He nodded before he turned and faced my mom.

I fumbled with the knitted grey bracelet on my right hand. I was nervous to talk to Titus.

He was mate I shouldn't feel these type of emotions just by having a simple conversation.

I knew deep down that I was getting all worked up for no reason.

I took a deep breath then walked further into the woods. Titus gestured for me to follow once I got closer. I stared down at the heavy snow piled on top of the ground. We were on the early stages of January. I loved winter, but I couldn't wait to finally feel the sun radiating onto my skin from a hot summer day.

Titus stopped once we reached the clearing. He got into a sitting position as his tail slid across the snow in a steady rhythm. I sat across from him with my legs crossed and my hand placed at my sides.

We studied each other's faces, searching for...what? Doubt? Anger? Sadness?... Disgust?

"I know you must think of me differently now. You're probably ashamed to call me your mate, but..." I closed my eyes as words quickly failed me.

I opened my eyes to find Titus laying on his stomach while he stared up at me. I took a deep breath then continued. "I did what I had to do, but it wasn't done out of spite. I could never wish death on Lily...or anyone." He slowly scooted towards me until we were an inch apart. He placed his head on my lap then sighed.

I know Brinn... I sighed in relief as his comforting words filled my mind. I just needed that last bit of reassurance to know that everything was okay. I ran my hands through his fur, a low hum escaped from his mouth.

After a while I laid on my back and rested my head on his stomach. We stayed in that position until I drifted off to sleep.

***

4 years ago...

"How bad are they?" Titus tilted his head to the side as he examined my braces. He grabbed my chin and tilted my head up slightly. A warm and heavy feeling formed in my stomach as I gasped. My smile quickly formed into a frown.

He released my grip then shrugged his shoulders. "It's looks fine to me." I rolled my eyes. "liar!"

"I'm not lying." He held his hands up in defense.

"Fine, I'll take your word this time." He smiled, "Thanks."

We both snapped our heads towards my bedroom door as we heard a knock. The door slowly opened, revealing my mother. "What are you two up to?"

"Nothing." We quickly responded.

Her eyes browsed us suspiciously. "Okay well Titus when you're done doing nothing, Richard and I would like to have a word." He nodded, "Okay." My mom shot us a smile before she left my room.

"Alpha business?" I asked. "Uh yeah." He said as he threw his legs over the edge of the bed. "I don't know how you do it. It's so much work! Why do you even want to be an alpha."

His eyes lit up with passion as he began to explain. "It's the most rewarding job. I get to not only lead but care for my pack...my family. I can't wait to share that experience with my mate one day." He stood then turned to face me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm sure any girl would kill to be a Luna."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "And you wouldn't?"

I thought carefully about my answer. Did I see myself as a Luna? Helping my mate lead a pack and raising our pups...nah!

"Nope, it's not my thing. I'd rather sit at home and watch Netflix."

His furrowed his eyebrows. "Maybe your mind will change further down the line." He said more to himself than me.

"I doubt it, but whatever makes ya sleep better at night." He studied my face waiting for any doubt of seriousness. "You should probably go. Daddy doesn't like people to keep him waiting."

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Yeah you're right. See ya around kiddo." He placed a kiss on my forehead then left my room.

***

Guys I am so so so sorry it took me this long to get a chapter out. I don't want to make excuses but college has really had me swamped lately. This is why I decided for my next book I'm not going to release it until it is halfway done since my schedule is unpredictable. It was easy getting Chapters out during the summer since I wasn't really doing much, but now that I'm back in school it's just a little rough. So please just bear with me.

How was the chapter? Really pay attention to any interaction with Owen because a lot of it will come into play on the sequel.

Anyways Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! It really means a lot. 💙

Song:
Flaws~ Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 36.3K 42
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READING THIS! Feel free to just add it to your...
3.9K 259 16
After the lunar goddess turned her back on her children, the wolves of the modern world have had to adapt. Artificial mating bonds were created and m...
2.2M 72.2K 41
When Hannah is mated to her old bully, everyone implores her to move on and forgive him for the good of the pack. She will need to decide if the pac...
1.1M 30K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...