Until Forever (Complete)

By LeeleeKez

Bailey Robinson's orders were simple; get rid of the letter and get back to work. When Bailey begins a corre... More

Prologue
II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

8.6K 745 67
By LeeleeKez

A frown settled on Gretchen's face as the realization of what it was she was actually looking at, finally began to sink in.

Gretchen had been so busy trying to find a man for Elizabeth, that she had failed to notice it.

Heaving a tired breath, she pulled her eyelids shut for a few seconds and tried to calm her nerves long enough to think. Surely, she wasn't even ready for this! Especially not now, considering the fact that she needed to find the right suitor for Elizabeth and with a hyperactive son in Samuel, this would prove to be too difficult to even handle.

The sound of the bed room door opening reached where she stood in the center of the room. Turning to the side, she opened her eyes just in time to find Ethan making his way into the room. The second he saw her, a broad smile settled on him face.

Returning his smile, her gaze ran over him. It had been eighteen years, yet, Ethan had barely aged a day. While the forty five year old man who stood before her possessed some gray strands in his hair, he was still as handsome as the first day she laid eyes on him. His silver eyes still took her breath away, his kisses still left her longing for more, and he still had possession of her heart.

She loved him, she thought, as he covered the distance that stood between them and wrapped his arms around her. Leaning further into him, she felt a familiar wave of excitement wash over her body as he pressed his lips to hers. With a small giggle, her eyelids pulled shut and her lips parted slightly to welcome his.

He ran his fingers through her hair, releasing it of it's bond atop her head and causing it to fall to it's length around her shoulders.

She breathed in the scent of his body and felt him lift her off of her feet and carry her across the room. Once she was settled on the bed, her eyelids pulled open to find Ethan leaning down to kiss her. Reaching forward, she touched his face and he smiled at her.

“I love you, Ethan.” She returned his smile.

“I love you too, my freckled princess.” He teased, planting a kiss on her nose, before taking captive of her lips once more.

“Then...” She whispered against his lips. “...you probably...” Ethan seemed uninterested in whatever it was she had to say as his arms wrapped around her waist, and he began working to take her shirt off. Gretchen pulled slightly away, and held his face captive in a bid to gain his attention.“...should know...” She continued, pulling her eyelids shut as she uttered her next words. “...that I'm pregnant.”

~ ~

Caitlin Ward straighted, plastering a smile on her face as she strutted her stuff through the ball room, hoping to gain the attention of a few wealthy bachelors.

Caitlin had only turned sixteen a month ago, yet, she was desperate for a man. And not any man, but a man of influence and high social standing; a man of noble birth. She understood very well, the need and importance of climbing the social ladder and getting the opportunity to mingle with the high and mighty. And if luck smiled properly on her, she could be the high and mighty.

But unfortunately for Caitlin, she hadn't been born into an influential family. Her family had just enough and with her mother's dress shop, they managed to get invited to some important balls. However, it was nothing compared to Elizabeth's family fortune and influence. Elizabeth had every eligible bachelor on her door step, yet, she managed to turn them all down. It was Elizabeth's indecision that influenced her parent's constant need to throw extravagant balls.

Caitlin always looked forward to Elizabeth's balls. Sure, they weren't thrown in Caitlin's honor, but at least they afforded her the opportunity to mingle with the highest class of the society and try once more, to gain their attention, even if she kept failing.

She didn't know if men's lack of interest in her was due to the fact that they found her unattractive, young, or were simply unwilling to climb down the social ladder just to wed her. Every man in England seemed like hounds, only interested in pouncing on a woman with high social standing. They all wanted a boost in their accounts, titles, estate and wealth! 

Deciding not to dwell on the fact that she might go have to go home a failure again, she broadened the smile on her face and focused her gaze on the crowd. No one was even looking her way! Should she broaden her smile? The skin on her face was beginning to feel stretched and something in her told her that if she tried to stretch it further, it just might end up being bruised.

Uh! She hated her gown! Mother wouldn't let her wear the expensive ones because she insisted they were reserved for paying customers. She had suggested to Caitlin to repeat an outfit; a suggestion that filled Caitlin with dread. Caitlin had been left with no choice but to accept one of Elizabeth's gown. However, the longer Caitlin stood wearing the highly uncomfortable corseted gown, coupled with the fact that the smile she had to maintain on her face made it almost impossible to breathe, she was sure her entire face had turned blue for lack of air.

“What's a fine lady such as yourself doing all alone in a ball?”

Caitlin jolted at the voice that sounded beside her. Turning sharply, she found the source to be an incredibly handsome man. Her gaze immediately swept over him and she was thankful for what she saw; he possessed wealth as well.

“I'm here for the same reason as you.” She said, straightening until her shoulders were squared.

A smile settled on the man's face. “You're here to find a wife?” He rose a brow.

“Certainly not Sir, I'm here to be found.”

“I see.” He chuckled, his gaze running over her.

Caitlin could tell he was assessing her worth just by looking at her. He would easily be able to just how wealthy or poor her family was. And for the first time that evening, she was thankful for Elizabeth's extremely expensive ball gown and proud of the fact that she hadn't given in to Mother's demands to repeat an old, inexpensive gown from her own wardrobe.

“You seem a little to young...”

“A man who demands a woman's age is considered highly inappropriate.” She rose a brow in challenge.

“Perhaps. Yet, one would think it appropriate if my interest lies more in the woman than it does in her age.”

Caitlin felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment as his gaze swept over her once more.

“I would like to make your acquaintance, my Lady.” He said and she watched as he inched closer. The heat from her cheeks spread round her entire body at his closeness.

“My name is Caitlin...” She said, glancing down. She was afraid of telling him who her family was and having him turn his back on her because she belonged to the middle class.

“Simply Caitlin?” He asked, sounding somewhat amused.

Caitlin felt anger well up on her inside. She didn't deserve to be looked down on by any of these arrogant men! She was as much a woman as a princess was! She might not exactly have had a title, but she was entitled to some respect.

Everything in her wanted to turn around and storm out from before him in anger. But, contrary to her better judgment, she found herself lifting angry eyes to him.

“The Lady Caitlin Arundel, daughter of the Earl of Arundel.”

The words were out of her mouth before she could stop them. And as she stared into the eyes of the stranger, she saw his features brighten.  

Caitlin immediately felt shame wash over her at the lies that had easily slipped out of her lips. She needed to get away, now!

Turning to walk away in shame and rage, she was halted in her tracks by the hand that clasped around her wrist.

“Please, my Lady,” She turned back around to find him smiling at her. Leaning down, he planted a kiss on her knuckles. “Indeed, I have only succeeded in infuriating you. If you will, I will like to redeem myself before you.”

A tired breath escaped her lips. “And who might you be?”

“Lord Frederick Wellington, my Lady and it'll be such a privilege if you would permit me to court you.”

Copyright © 2017 Lily Orevba All rights reserved.

*

Hey guys! I'm so sorry for the late update. I have been so unbelievably swamped with school plus I have exams in a week so, you can imagine, yea? I will edit when I get the chance.

Caitlin's 'fake' Father's title is in no way affiliated with the Earl of Arundel. This is purely fictional.

Gretchen is pregnant?! Who saw this coming?!

Is Frederick finally interested in somebody other than Elizabeth? Will he be furious when he finds out that Caitlin has been lying the entire time? What will happen next??

Do vote...😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 50.2K 35
He wanted her to say something, anything! Why was she agreeing to this? Why was she accepting marriage to a man she didn't even know? Why was she so...
2.6M 137K 53
(Highest ranking #1 in historical) "I volunteer. I will be your wife..." When he rose a brow, she covered the distance between them, her jaw set. "In...
19.1K 474 33
After the War, the Weasleys decided to arrange a marriage for Fred Weasley and Serena Blackwood to keep their legacy going. They started hating each...
1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...