Searching For The Light: BTOB...

By heymello

Lee Changsub ends his military service being a completely different person from when he enlisted. That guy is... More

INTRO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 (finale)
Playlist
Happy 1 Year!
50,000 READS! 🎉

Chapter 23

1.9K 111 23
By heymello

Chapter 23 | D-DAY
CHORONG'S POV

will you come to my debut showcase? it's next week.

I stared at the message too long that another message came up.

changsub:
it would be nice to have you there.

For some reason, I felt panic rise through me. I don't know how to reply anymore. I don't know if I'm ready to see him yet againㅡbecause if I decided to see him again, I want to be ready, I want to be sincerely happy for him. I want us to step over the boundaries, and I'm not sure if it's time yet.

I began to overthink things. Changsub is going to be a celebrity soon. Will things be okay between us? Will he be allowed to spend time with me? Will we be okay in public?

Bana Entertainment is one of the top agencies in South Korea. I know that Changsub's career is going nowhere but up. What if I eventually ruin that for him?

I realized, there I was againㅡscared.

I am so tired of feeling scared. For once, I just want to dive into it all without thinking about the danger it could bring.

#

Five days before Changsub's debut, news about him is all over the internet. They have released a clip of his music video and many people online are freaking out about how beautiful his voice is. I couldn't help feeling proud of him.

#

Changsub:

Peniel and I sat in Bana Entertainment's coffee shop to monitor the release of the music video's teaser, and the whole video itself on his laptop.

We have coffee in our hands. In the past several days, Peniel and I developed a friendship between the shoots. He's a nice young man and is always polite towards me. Unlike Sungjae, but I know that's because the latter has known me forever.

That day, though, I was surprised to see Oh Hayoung in the coffee shop, and was even more surprised when she gave Peniel a kiss on his cheek.

"Changsub oppa!" she called in recognition, "I did hear Peniel oppa is working with you. It's really nice!"

"Yeah," I said, still letting this sink into my head. "Are you guys... dating?"

Peniel smiled coyly. "Yeah," he replied.

"Wait, Peniel, are you in college?" I asked, dumbfounded.

He shook his head. "No! But I graduated two years ago."

"And you're this successful now?" I asked in awe.

Again, he smiled coyly. "Well, I guess I got lucky..."

Hayoung grinned. "He's amazing, isn't he, Changsub oppa?"

I smiled, "Yeah."

"Congrats on your upcoming debut, oppa. I hope we could hang out with Chorong eonni soon. I'll bring Peniel with me."

I smiled again. This might make Sungjae cry watermelons, I thought.

#

MY SCHEDULE IS PACKED.

Jiyong gave me a copy of fansign events for my album sales, and to meet fans. I have three in a week. I'll have to perform on music shows from Tuesday to Sunday. I would be filming about the making of my album after a week since my album would be released.

And still, I couldn't take Chorong out of my head. She didn't reply to me, and yet I grew more and more nervous about my debut showcase. If she would be there, it would be so nice. I would probably feel more at ease.

The night when all the preparations ended for today, I left the third book of Harry Potter on Chorong's doorstep.

#

Chorong:

I signed a contract with Plan A as their songwriter. I also gave Eyes (the recent song I wrote) and Deja Vu for Apink to sing.

Namjoo had teary eyes by the time she finished reading Eyes. "WHO CUT ONIONS HERE!" She said with a laugh, then she gave me a tight hug. "This is so beautiful, eonni."

"Thank you."

Eunji squealed after reading Deja Vu. "This is so cute! It also shouts, LEE CHANGSUB! LEE CHANGSUB!" she teased.

I smiled and realized my cheeks were feeling hot all of a sudden.

"Are you coming to his showcase? It's in two days." Namjoo asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know."

Eunji rolled her eyes. "I know you will."

I smiled, "Yeah."

"I smell a new love life soon." Namjoo said.

"What should we call them as a couple?" Eunji asked.

Namjoo shrugged, "It was JinRong with Jinyoung, so I guess it should be ChangRong?"

"Yah! Stop it." I said, but secretly liking it anyway.

"ChangRong, it is!" Eunji approved.

#

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."
ㅡHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, J.K. Rowling

I stared at Changsub's favorite, highlighted passage once more before I close the book. I finished it in two days.

Today is Changsub's debut showcase. I went to the karaoke shop, and Bomi had been so glad to see me again. She hugged me so tight and gave me the ticket to Changsub's showcase.

Before I went back home, I bought a bouquet of congratulatory flowers. I took a shower and fixed myself. It feels like it's been ages since the last time I looked alright. I even sprayed the perfume that my mom bought me for my twenty-sixth birthday. I don't use perfumes a lot.

There's this thrilling feeling that glows within me as the time to see Changsub again comes closer.

I didn't wear anything fancy. For the first time, I was trying to impress someone I like just by being who I am. I was wearing a decent light pink half-sleeved top, loosely tucked into denim shorts. I had curled my hair a bit at the ends and applied a light amount of makeup. I put down the lipstick and stared at myself across the mirror.

What would I tell him when we see each other again? How would I tell him how I feel? Somehow, not seeing him for so long makes me feel like I'm a shy teenager, trying to confess to her long-time crush.

I grabbed the flowers and my bag before leaving my place. I took a taxi to the venue and as we got closer, my heart beats louder and louder inside my chest.

#

Changsub:

The rehearsals were over and a few minutes before the actual showcase, I thought I was getting cold feet because I wanted to back out. I was chickening out because what if people won't like me? What if they won't like my music? And also, I was very, very nervous. My palms were sweating coldly.

But I got through the first song.

I searched the crowd for the people I love, for the people who helped me get here right now, and I saw Bomi with Eunkwang, Hyunsik, Sungjae, and Minhyuk. I even saw Naeun with her husband, Ilhoon. I saw Hayoung with Peniel. But I couldn't find Chorongㅡthe person I wish to be there the most. The main reason I was standing here.

As I was about to start the second song, I saw two familiar figures joining the crowd, and realized they were Namjoo and Eunji. The media would feast on this later. Both of them waved at me with huge smiles on their faces.

I cleared my throat, "I want to thank everyone for coming here tonight, especially the people who supported me all the way here under the spotlights. The next song is At The End. I wrote it while thinking of the things I've been through in my personal life. This song is very special to me, but most of all, I dedicate it to the person who gave me light when I lost it, the person who made me realize what I am made of, and who I really want to be. Without this person, I don't think I would be here right nowㅡso here's to you."

The crowd cheered.

As I wrapped the mic in my hands, I saw another familiar figure joining with the crowd. My heart stopped beating. Everything else was quiet for a moment. The music started but I didn't sing the first few lines.

Chorong stood at the fifth row, smiling.

My heart accelerated. I started singing, silently thankful that Jinyoung hired a live band.

And there were more songs to sing but I couldn't take my eyes off Chorong. I couldn't believe she came. While I was onstage, knowing she's in the crowd, I felt something glow inside me. I wasn't sure what it was but it felt nice. It also gave me more confidence in performing.

After the showcase, I was congratulated by the staff and a lot more people before I finally reached my friends who gave me pats and hugsㅡthen finally, Park Chorong.

She stood behind them all with a bouquet of flowers in her hands. She looked so beautiful, I felt like I was seeing her for the first time. She smiled at me and I smiled back at her, and everything else seemed to have disappearedㅡit was just her and me, slowly walking towards each other.

With her cheeks blushing, she extended her arms and offered me the flowers, "Congratulations, Lee Changsub. You finally made it."

My smile widened. "You came."

"I would never miss out on your first stage." she said.

I took the flowers from her and wrapped my arms around her, even knowing that everyone backstage were watching us. "Thank you for coming."

I felt her arms slid around my waist. "I'll always come to you," she said.

My heart was dancing with joy. I pulled away just a little and stared into her eyes. I wanted to kiss her so badㅡbut then, Bomi cleared her throat loudly, and then Jinyoung was suddenly there.

"Changsub-ssi," he said, "Why don't you change into your casual clothes first?"

I was pulled back into this world where not only Chorong and I existed. I looked around and noticed that the staff and other people I didn't know were starting to pay attention, so I let go of Chorong because I don't want her to be on the headlines, if ever.

"I'll see you later?" I told her.

She nodded with a smile. "Yeah,"

It was so hard to make my feet move away from her.

###

A/N: I was trying to pinpoint what I forgot todayㅡand then I remembered this fanfic. Haha I almost forgot againnn

Heeya guys thanks for reading!
So next week, I will REALLY publish the final chapters. Don't worry, the finale is a long one ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 576 19
Sunghoon and Sunoo's breakup wasn't the prettiest. But... Sunghoon got over it. At least, he thought he did. He's not so confident when he meets him...
12.7K 312 18
--- Kim Nari never expects much. She only wants to live her life simply and continue doing what she does best, saving lives as the youngest doctor al...
10.7K 719 47
"I like you! is that what you wanted to hear?"-Jake A tragic incident leads to a huge fight between two bestfriends..they moved away in the hope of n...
306K 12.4K 66
❝𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦...❞ A story about a girl who has a crush on the school's heartthrob ever since...