Chapter 8

Chapter 8 / One Step At A Time
Chorong's POV

Changsub pushed the metal door up of his music shop and I stood there, thinking that 'Wow, it really exists.'

This guy really loved music.

A closed shop that has a transparent glass door appears before me. It has all the posters of indie bands and non indie bands that some I don't know of, and also posters of singers like Park Hyo Shin, Huh Gak and Kim Bum Soo.

You would think that this guy doesn't listen to Kpopㅡbut at the small corner of the glass window, there are posters of Girls Generation and SISTAR, plus Super Junior and BEAST.

"They aren't called BEAST anymore, you know." I commented.

He frowned and slid the key inside the lock. "Yeah, this shop was last opened two years ago."

"Oops."

"Yeah." He said again and then he pushed the door open and we headed inside.

"This is haunted." I said.

"Dusty but not haunted."

I chuckled and finally, I looked around inside the shop. Andㅡ"Wow, this is quite a shop."

"Yeah."

"You really are out of your mind."

"What?"

"Why didn't you take care of this? Or asked someone to take care of it? Look at these precious musical instruments! And these records! Jeez, Changsub, I'm sorry but can I punch you?"

"No."

"Okay."

When I turned to him, he was running his fingertips on a dusty acoustic guitar. "I did ask someone to take care of it. Naeun." He said.

And then we were quiet.

I took a deep breath. "She's really getting in my nerves."

He smiled to himself. "Don't. She's a really nice girl. She just fell in love with someone else."

"BS." I said, as in bullshit.

He turned to me. "What?"

"Nevermind." I turned my back on him and browsed through the CDs.

He followed me behind. "Do you think your ex was a bad person just because he broke up with you?"

I turned around sharply and it was so wrong because now we're so closeㅡand it's so weird. "N-no!" I said. "Of course not."

He smiled sideways. I hate that smile. Not literally. I just can't explain it. "I feel the same way about Naeun."

With the sound of her name, I turned my back on him again. "You have a complete collection of Girls Generation's albums!"

Now he's beside me, leaning against the CD shelves. He smiled sheepishly. "Naeun liked them a lot."

I groaned. "Ugh, Naeun and her lingering memories."

He chuckled. "Yeah, so what's your ex's name?"

"Nope."

"Nope?"

"Let's not go there."

"OK, I don't want to doubt he even exists, but does he really exist?"

I glared at him. "Seriously?"

"I was kidding."

Oh, now he's kidding.
But I don't find it funny so I kept quiet and he took this negatively the way he should.