The Photographer and the Mom...

By LapisAkaBobLazuli

Lauren and Camila were the power couple in high school they were inseparable, right after they graduated, Cam... More

Job offer
He's mine?
Drop off /Pick up
Drama
Family day
Zoo
Grandma and Grandpa Jauregui
Moving in
Awkward run in
Why are you here
2 years Later
Reconecting
Date night
Oh god
Suprise
Telling everyone
A run in from the past
Let me explain
1 more month
Baby watch
ITS A GIRL
Bringing her home
Attention
Normaniah news
Wedding planning
Wedding rehersals
Wedding Day
Apologies
Fun day gone bad
New studio, New start ( final chapter )

Rent

5.6K 121 6
By LapisAkaBobLazuli

Lauren's pov:

"LAUREN WHAT THE HELL HOW DO YOU BREAK YOUR WRIST WE NEED THAT WRIST FOR OUR BUSINESS IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW WE RUN A PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO HERE" Ah leave it to Ally to freak out over my hand, it's actually quite funny when she does it.

" Yeah lauren not to take sides or anything what the fuck is wrong with you are you that out of practice In playing baseball you break yourself" ha and there's Ashley you know having 3 people work here now is fun, she's either in my side or Ally's when it comes to arguments or if we need a tie breaker and work goes by really fast now.

" both of you shut up I have a baby here with me,I'm fine, I'm in a cast but I can still take pictures this is my non dominant hand so we have nothing to worry about here"

Ally shook her head and went back to her office and Ashley followed since Ally has taken over the roll of teaching Her everything about our Business and our shop and how we operate things.

Ugh it's been kinda slow lately, it's January and there's not a lot of events that happen around this time, it's normally like this though we're slow for this month then we pick up business again for February then dies down again then picks back up again from April-December complicated I know.

Well since I have free time I think I'll watch a movie with Violet in my office, I paid rent and all the other bills already I think I'm good for today I can just chill for 3 hours.

" come on vi let's watch funny girl, you are going to love Barbra Streisand" I chuckled and I sat down on my couch and turned on the TV"

I was enjoying watching my movie untill I heard Ally Yell at someone and I bolted out of the room with Vi to see what's going on.

"Ally what the hell what the matter" I asked and there was our landlord Giovani and another guy with him.

" Ooh I'll let you tell her Asshole" Ally said and it caught me by surprised.

" eh hem, well Lauren we have noticed that your business is one of our more popular places we have, my partner and I have decided to raise your rent from $3,632 to $6,632, you guys bring in a lot of money anyway so might as well pay us more right" Giovani said with a smug smile on his face.

Before I could say anything Ashley already opened her mouth " you are seriously upping the rent an Extra 3,000 dollars you are kidding right these ladies have other bills to pay they have kids to raise and you are going to up our rent you  greedy son of a bi-"

"ASH, ALLY MY OFFICE NOW" I cut her off and we walked to my office and I let them in and shut and locked the door before Them assholes could fallow us.

" Lauren what are we going to do we can't afford 6,000 a month that's crazy for 1,900 square feet that's too much" Ally said

" yeah Laur, thats over charging for this place and no offense it's not that big" I nodded

" yeah it's not the biggest place in the world and we already argued with him when we first rented he wanted 5,000 but it was to small to pay 5,000, I don't know what we are going to do I know damn well we can't pay 6,000 a month it's to much"

We stayed silent for a good couple of mins just thinking then we heard a knock.

" Ladies we have better things to do then wait for your pitty party to be over"

" The only thing I can think of doing is signing over our lease to them and find a new location, but that's going to be hard we would have to work from home for a while, and it's going to be hard to get stuff done ugh" Ally said and I looked at her.

" that's not a bad idea Ally, if he's going to fuck us over we aren't going to have a choice here"

" we should talk this over with Will and Camila first to see it would be okay with bringing our work home with us" Ally added in and I nodded.

" should we tell them what we are going to do or turn them away for now" Ashley asked and I handed Violet over to her and I went to confront the landlords.

" Get the hell out of my shop and comeback in a few days we will tell you what we are thinking of doing" I held open the front door and Ally escorted them out.

"What time does will get home Al's"

" 3:30, what about Mila"

"4:00, when will gets off work please come to my house asap we will tell them our dilemma there, You to ash, you are an official photographer here so you have to be at our meetings now"

" Okay boss" she said we all sat in Ally's office not saying anything, all I could think was I worked my ass off all these years with Ally and all the sudden we have to potentially give our lease away, our hearts and souls in this business we started off taking pictures of Animals for crying out loud then slowly we grew to what we are today.

"...Lauren my heart hurts" I felt ally wrap her arms around me and I comforted her.

"Come on guys lets go home, we have an important decision to make later on" Ally signed and got up and grabbed her purse and logged out of her computer and started walking out of her office.

" Here Lauren, here's Violet" Ashley said and handed me my baby.

" thanks Ash, I'll see you soon" she gave me a hug and grabbed her bag and left behind Ally.

" well Vi, it's just me and you" I kissed her and she giggled " come on let's go home" I packed up out stuff slowly trying not to use my bad arm but it's almost impossible it sucks having a cast man.

I pulled up to the house and I just sat in the car and started contemplating my life.

" AAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH" I started crying my eyes out and punching the horn on my wheel causing Violet to cry as well.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!"  I got out of the car and took Violet inside and I went to put her down for a nap and I slowly closed the door and went to the back yard.

" why the fuck does all this shit have to happen to us, I FUCKING DID EVERYTHING TO PLEASE THESE DAMN LAND LORDS AND THEYS TILL FUCK ME OVER UUUUGGGGHHHHH" I kicked one of Percy's soccer balls and I might have and might not have kicked it into Camila's Roses.

" fuck" I got the ball out and I went back inside and sat on the couch waiting till Camila finally comes home.

I've been on the couch for an hour and I feel like I'm forgetting to do something, with that said I heard a knock on the door.

" is she home already?" I got up and opened he door and it was Normani, Dinah Russell and FUCK PERCY I FORGOT ABOUT HIM!!

" Really lauren your forgot it was Tuesday it's your day to pick him up" Dinah said and Percy hugged my leg.

" hi mama Auntie Dinah and Mani took me home" he smiled which made me smile.

" I know sweetie, did you say thank you to them"

" Uh huh!"

" good, um Percy take Russell and go play in the living room I need to talk to these to for a moment"

He nodded and they ran to the living room and I looked at Normani and Dinah and I couldn't keep my emotions in and I started to cry on Dinah.

" Lauren, what's wrong, what happened you can tell us" Dinah said and wrapped her arms around me.

" yeah Laur what happened" Normani said and rubbed my back.

" T-the shop I-is going to have to C-close" I whimpered out  and I heard them gasp

" Wait why?!" Dinah exclaimed.

"  L-land lord wants to up out rent to 6 T-thousand and A-Ally and I C-Can't do it"

"Lauren it's okay" I was pulled from Dinah and Normani brought me into a hug " you guys will find a bigger and better place"

I wiped my eyes and shook my head " that's not the problem, it's the fact that we worked hard to get that place at a young age and we proved a lot of people wrong, they said we wouldn't last a year we would be out of Business, we took pride in our place, that place is like a seconded home, it's where all of us meet and talk about drama, it's where I first freaked out about having a son, I literally spent the night there and had panic attacks all day long, it where you guys come and take your lunch and we hang out, I love the shop with all my heart I don't care if it is small its a home"

" what are you going to do then?" Normani asked.

" Ally, Ashley and I were thinking we can work from our houses for now until we find a place to rent or even buy, we just want to get Will's and Camila's Approval first"

" Girl I'm going to beat yo landlords ass, I never liked that guy in the first place" Dinah said and Softly chuckled.

" thanks Dinah, if you guys want you can stay while we have our " meeting" we can make something for dinner when everyone gets here"

" sure we have nothing else to do and plus the boys are keeping each other occupied so we don't have to worry about them" I smiled and we had a group hug, then I felt a pair of arms wrap around my legs and then another set do the same to the other leg.

" Hi boys, did you want to be in our hug too" I looked down to see them and I smiled.

" Uh huh Hugs are nice" Russell said

2 hours have passedI sent Normani, Dinah and the boys to the store and Ally, Will, Jasmine and Ashley have arrived and now we are waiting for Camila, I'm pretty sure she should be home in a few moments.

We were all siting in the living room talking with one another until I heard the door open.

" Lauren I'm home!" I heard Camila's voice and I ran straight to her.

" hey Babe" I kissed her and I dragged her to the couch and sat her next to Will.

She looked confused as to why everyone was here. "Uh Lauren what's going on?"

"Yeah Ally why are we here, not that I don't want to be, you never told me why" Will said and Ally and I looked at each other and hesitated to answer then my Darling Ashley spoke up.

" they are raising the rent and we have to close since we can't afford it"

" thank you Ash, I was getting there" I said

I looked back at Camila and Will and they were in shock.

" w-what why, how much is the rent I'm sure if we do some budgeting we can manage" Will said and I shook my head.

" he's upping us 3,000, I know our budget and things can not be moved it's perfect and it took us a long time to get it like that " Ally said and I nodded.

" why is he even raising it?" Camila asked

" for the stupidest reason, because we attract a lot of people to the shop he thinks he can raise our rent" I said and ran my hand threw my hair.

" we can't afford to keep it open if they raise it its physically impossible" Ally said  I nodded in agreement and I felt like crying again but I didn't have the energy too cry any more.

" Wait if you guys can't afford the place, where are you going to work editing all your photos and stuff" Will asked

" the only thing we can think of is work from one of your guys house" Ashley said 

"why not your house " will questioned

" I pay 400 dollars a month to live in my cousins 1 car garage on an Army cot, I barley have privacy let alone enough room for all of the equipment we have" she responded I looked at Ally and she had a sympathetic look on her face and I already knew what she wanted to do, if I know Ally she's going to offer her to stay with them. 

" Okay well Ash you are out of the question" Will said and she nodded

" Lauren, you guys can use our garage its pretty empty and the only thing in there is the washer and dryer, work here" Camila said 

" Camz are you positive you want us to bring our work here?" I asked and she smiled and nodded.

" babe im positive, this is your guys dream you need a place to work and I don't care if the garage turns into a mini photography studio" 

I chuckled and looked at Ally and Ashley " what do you guys think we turn the garage into a studio"

they nodded and I chuckled I guess were going to close temporarily then open up here"

" WERE BACK AND WE HAVE DINNER HOES "  and theres Dinah, Normani and the boys

" MOMMY YOUR HOME" Percy said and jumped into Camila's lap.

I turned to Dinah and she was smiling " so what are we having for dinner? " I asked

" we are having spaghetti and meatballs with Garlic bread and a side Caesar salad" she said and I nodded in approval.

" and Don't worry Lauren, Dinah and I will be cooking the meal tonight, a lot has happened today and we just want to make your lives easier" Normani said and I gave her and Dinah a hug.

Just when I feel like my life hits rock bottom, my best friends are there to help me and make my life easier, its going to be challenging for a few weeks but we will get through it, I know we can.

Authors Note:

GOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHH I SUUUUUUUUUCK AT UPDATING, SCHOOL SUCKS, WORK SUCKS BUT IM STILL WRITING.

 Idk what all that is in caps.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.8K 2.2K 60
Second book to 'my little one' Lauren and camila have just left high school and are in a band with their friends, how will this affect their relation...
60.1K 1.8K 12
you're an 5 year old who just started school this is about your life growing up and maybe falling in love (Dinah and Normani are your parents) (A lot...
89.8K 2.5K 22
We all make stupid decision and crazy things in life. We let stupid things get the best of us. We are reckless, strong-willed, egotistical and cocky...
23.5K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...