B E F O R E T H E S T O R M

Autorstwa saturnstarz

Storm Ashka was an aspiring artist. Lost in a world full of lies, she was determined to fulfill her wildest d... Więcej

P R O L O G U E
I
I I
I I I
I V
V
V I
V I I
V I I I
I X
X
X I
X I I
X I I I
X I V
X V
X V I
X V I I
X V I I I
X X
X X I
X X I I
UPDATE

X I X

17 7 6
Autorstwa saturnstarz

S T O R M

[A/N]:
I'm about to crush everyone's hearts soon 😈 just stay tuned, lovelies 💕

Days passed since our amazing holiday away. Days turned into weeks, weeks to months. Eventually May rolled around and things were still going great.

Over the past few months, Kodi continued having secret "meetings" once a week. She refused to tell us about them. We assumed she was leading some sort of cult or something.

Grizz gave up on being vegan. He simply put that being vegan was "too clichéd" and "a waste of time".

Elliot and I wrote a single, and he was to main the vocals on the song. It was simply named "04" in reference to being the fourth single to be released by us.

And Jasper didn't really do anything notable.  He had girls of all sorts coming in and out of our house to do drugs and sleep with him. Because it's his place to begin with, no one has ever said anything about it to him yet. No one seemed to mind as long as Jasper wasn't getting any of the rest of us involved in his shenanigans. 

Catastrophia had transformed from a small band that only played at coffee shops and bars, to being known around the world in a matter of only three years. It was a huge leap.

We were nominated a Grammy...a fucking Grammy! Of course we didn't win, but we still had the honour of being a nominee. We did, however, win some lesser known awards. Our song "We Got the Heat" (featuring a rapper that Jasper insisted we collaborated with) had won an award from a pretty well known ceremony in Britain.

The music video for "We Got the Heat" was created the year prior to the award and was released a few days after Halloween, a few months before the award show.

It wasn't much, to be frank. Really, it was just us performing the song. Nothing high end. But we still had a grand time creating it.

"Ugh, be careful!" I shouted at Elliot one warm Sunday morning. I was teaching him to cook.

On the menu was a full English breakfast, although at the rate we were at it was headed toward being a brunch.

The loud simmering of rashers filled the kitchen, accompanied by the delicious aroma as the slices continued to cook. Elliot had finished putting some slices into the pan and wasn't cautious, causing hot grease to splatter about and get on my arm as I stirred the pot of baked beans.

A timer went off and I took the wooden spoon out of the pot and set it down on the counter.

I gently shoved Elliot to the side as I put on my oven mitts and pulled out the tray of golden brown hash browns from the oven. I set the hot tray down on the kitchen table.

Grizz walked in just as two more slices of toasted bread popped from the toaster.

"Aye, Grizz, would you mind setting the table and prepping the plates, please?"

He frowned, yet complied and began to pull several large saucers out from one of the cupboards. We had already prepared the fried and poached eggs, the blood sausages, hash browns, and the fried tomatoes. Aside from making the tea, all that was left to finish cooking were the baked beans, the rashers, and we still had a few slices of bread that needed toasting.

Grizz walked up to the refrigerator next to me and pulled out two bottles of brown sauce.

"Don't forget the ketchup," Elliot said as he drained grease from a pan.

Grizz nodded and tucked the bottles under his arm and grabbed a bottle of ketchup before shutting the refrigerator door and walking back to the kitchen, then returning to get a carton of milk and a jar of jam.

The small table behind us had plates almost ready to be served. I poured spoonfuls of beans onto each of the dishes, and Eli set some slices atop of the bread. The tea kettle began to whistle so I set the pot down and tended to it.

I poured hot water into the teacups that were set onto the table. Grizz would walk in, grab as much as he could from the table and go to the dining room. This went on until all that was left was the bowl of sugar for the tea, which I was bringing to the dining room.

Eli and I proudly walked down the somewhat long hallway and into the dining room. In there, Grizz was sitting patiently at the head of the long rectangular table, opposite of Jasper's "reserved" side. As I set down the teacups, I noticed that he had set up the table very nicely. Each spot got a tea cup except for Jasper's, as his dinner mat already had a bottle of whiskey per usual.

"I'll go wake up Kodi and the Jasshole." Eli volunteered, bravely. Jasper is usually an even bigger asshole than usual in the mornings.

I sat down and began to steep my pennyroyal tea. The platter of food looked appetising. My mouth watered in delight. I put two scoops of sugar into my tea and lifted it from the little saucer it was set on.

After a few minutes a high-pitched, nasally Vogue cooed, "Ooh, a fancy breakfast!" The voice had an American accent. Confused, I turned around to see Elliot, Kodi, Jasper, and some girl wearing one of Jasper's Versace robes. She had messy blonde hair, orange spray "tan" skin and hazel eyes.

Grizz and I exchanged looks.

"Don't mind her," Elliot chimed as if he could read our minds, "she's a...guest." He smirked.

"I didn't fix enough plates," Grizz muttered in no mood to get up from his position.

"No problem, I'll just share mine with her!" Jasper sat at his spot, not bothering to introduce his groupie, and Kodi sat at hers, directly across from me. The blonde girl sat down in between Kodi and Jasper, but quickly moved her chair closer to Jasper. I watched as Elliot sat down by my side.

After the sound of metal chair legs moving on the wooden floor had ceased, the room fell to an awkward silence until Jasper broke it.

"Lets dig in!" Jasper shouted and picked up a knife and fork. I poured some honey into my tea cup and began to sip, quietly. Elliot munched into his toast. Kodi doused her hash browns and eggs in ketchup, and began to pick up fork-fulls of food. Grizz put two fried eggs and rashers onto a slice of toast, covered it in brown sauce and slapped another bread slice on top of it, creating a sandwich.

All that was audible were the sounds of silverware clinking against the dishes and Jas's loud chewing.

"You know," began Jasper as he emptied the other bottle of brown sauce onto his beans, "this is great, you guys."

Eli, Grizz and I smiled. "Thank you! Me and Elliot cooked and Grizz helped set the table and such," I beamed.

"Right, well I have a few suggestions." I rolled my eyes, Grizz sighed to himself and Elliot shook his head. "First, the sausage looks a tad burnt. Also, next time could you make ham instead of bacon?"

"Those aren't burnt. Blood sausages are supposed to look like that." Implied Elliot.

"You're such a sweetheart!" The blonde interrupted before Jasper could scold Elly. She hooked her thin arm around Jasper's. "Giving them tips like that! And letting them sit at the table with us! Such a privilege for them!"

"What is she talking about?" Mouthed Elliot.

"Not sure..." I mouthed back. We looked over to Kodi and Grizz. Kodi was too invested in her cell phone and Grizz was just as confused as us.

"Back at Daddy's home in Texas," she continued, "Daddy wouldn't let the servants eat at the table with us! They had to wait 'till we were done. It's very sweet of you to show your servants what it's like to live like this!"

Clunk!

I grimaced as Grizz dropped his fork. Elliot merely choked on his food. Kodi stopped chewing and looked up from her phone.

"What... did you just say?"

"You're his servants...right?" She asked.

"Did he say we are?" Grizz asked quietly.

"Erm..." the blonde girl looked down nervously. "Back at my Daddy's house, all the servants, were, uh, you know..."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Coloured."

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.7K 352 18
✨️ONC 2023 Shortlisted✨️ 'And I knew then, with an earth-shattering certainty, that everything I'd worked for, strived for, suffered for, had just tu...
31.3K 1.5K 42
The story behind the teenage love triangle in Taylor Swift's folklore. *I had started this story long before the Folklore Long Pond Studio Sessions...
2.1K 163 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 I write about a girl. Y/n L/n. Everyone thinks they know her, they think that she is a simple girl, nothing special about her but in...
992K 34.7K 100
Meeting Grace was one thing, becoming friends with her was another, but when Taylor's publicist asks her new friend to enter a contract to help Taylo...