All Grown Up | jdb

By booksbyvictoria

Only 14% of people meet the love of their lives in high school. Even then the odds of going to school with th... More

All Grown Up
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
59
60
61

58

1.6K 45 10
By booksbyvictoria

TAYLOR

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT" I yell nervously.

"Don't freak out." Justin says calmly as he pulls his phone out to put on the flash light.

"Fuck, we are stuck. We are fucking stuck in this very tiny area." I say breathing very fast. Did I forget to mention that both Justin and I are claustrophobic?

"Taylor, if you freak out I am going to freak out so please don't freak out." Justin says softly.

"Somebody is going to come and get us out of here." Justin says and begins calling Scooter.

I cling to the railing on the wall and try to focus on my breathing and rather on the fact that we are stuck in an enclosed area.

"Shit he isn't answering. I'll try Mikey." Justin says before turning to me and asking "Did it just get really hot in here?" I look up at him to find beads of sweat developing on his forehead. His face is beet red as if he has been running for an hour.

"Justin, you're sweating." I say slowly as the call attempts to connect.

"Listen, somebody is going to come okay." Justin says but I am not sure if hes more trying to reassure himself or me.

"I'm going to try and call Aubree or Devan" I decide and take my phone out and begin calling Aubree.

"Tay, where are you?" Aubree asks once the call has connected. I put it on speaker so Justin can hear as well.

"The elevator just stopped working, the power went out and Justin and I are stuck in here. Please send help, we are both freaking out in here." I say quickly.

"Hold on, slow down. Are you guys okay?" Aubree asks concerned.

"We wont be if we have to wait in here much longer, please go get help. Call the fire department or something we need to get out of here." I say nervously.

"Okay, help is on the way, stay calm."  Aubree says.

"Tell Scooter too please, he isn't answering my calls." Justin includes before we disconnect the call.

After a few minutes of nothing, Justin begins pacing in circles around the elevator as I sit in the middle with my head in my palms.

"Are you okay?" Justin asks as he paces.

"Are you?" I ask.

"I asked first" he says.

"I'm fine." I say.

"Yeah, so am I." He says.

Neither of us believed each other.

"It has been like 10 minutes, call again." Justin suggests.

"Justin its only been 3 minutes." I say displaying the time on my phone.

"Really? It feels longer." Justin says and I can hear his breathing suddenly fasten.

"Stop pacing, you're freaking me out!" I say.

"What else am I supposed to do?" He asks agitated.

"Okay we need to keep ourselves occupied because I am on the verge of going into panic mode and so are you." I say.

"Well what the hell are we going to do?" Justin asks just as his phone lights up displaying a FaceTime request from Scooter.

Justin quickly accepts it and waits impatiently for the call to connect. Once it does, Scooter asks frantically if we are okay.

"We are managing but we seriously need to get out of here fast." Justin says a little panicky.

"The police and fire departments are on the way, we are going to get you two out of there. Try not to freak out." Scooter says which makes Justin chuckle.

"We are both claustrophobic, its a little unlikely we are both going to stay calm." Justin says.

"I know, I know." Scooter says.

"Okay, the fire department is here, we are coming." Scooter says.

"Alright" Justin says hesitantly before ending the call.

"You know what would keep my mind off of this, right now?" Justin asks and sits down next to me. I keep my head down as I reply with "What?"

"A kiss." He says cutely.

"You can not be joking right now, seriously? We are stuck in an elevator and you want to make jokes?" I ask, picking my head up to look at him.

"Just one." He continues with an adorable smirk on his face.

"You're ridiculous" I start chuckling.

"You know you miss these lips." He says and begins puckering up.

"What did you do to this elevator?" I ask and his eyebrows come together in confusion.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything" He says.

"Well, isn't this your dream. Me, you, stuck in an elevator for God knows how long. No where for either of us to hide. The potential for you to sneak in a quick kiss. Come on, you planned this." I say and we both laugh.

"Although the idea is nice, the elevator part isn't all that ideal given our fear of enclosed spaces." Justin laughs before continuing. "Though, it could be fate." He tilts his head and flashes a breathtaking smile as his eyes pour into my soul.

"You think this is meant to be?" I ask.

"I think that if we really weren't meant to be together, we wouldn't be stuck in an elevator right now and I wouldn't be this close to your face." He says as I suddenly realize how close we had gotten to each other. I back up as my face goes red just before we hear voices outside of the elevator.

"Justin? Taylor? Can you hear us?" Scooter asks and Justin quickly stands.

"Yeah we can! Can you hear us?" Justin asks.

"Clear as day" Scooter says happily.

"Thank God" I sigh in relief.

"This is the fire marshal, we are going to hopefully get you two out of there. Stay calm, okay?" He asks.

"We are trying." I respond.

I pull my knees into my chest and lay my head down, closing my eyes and trying to retreat into a more peaceful place. I focus on my breathing as I imagine a beautiful beach, somewhere without a gorgeous ex boyfriend who plays with your heart strings.

"It's gonna be okay" Justin says softly and suddenly begins running his hand up and down the small of my back.

"Justin, please don't touch me." I say and move further away from him.

"I think what you're doing is all an act." He says suddenly.

"What?" I whip my head up fast. "What act?"

"I think you miss me. I think you miss me a lot, actually." He says.

"And what leads you to believe that?" I ask.

"All of a sudden you're a party girl? Drinking as if the world is gonna end and on top of every guy? Yeah, I did see all of that. And I did see that video of you cussing me out before you take a shot. And I think you got drunk to forget about me. And I think that it didn't work. I know this because I tried to do the same thing. And it didn't work." He says and I am captivated by his pretty eyes. I stay quiet, not sure what to say because I know he is right and he does too.

"So what if I miss you anyway? It doesn't matter." I say.

"It does matter. There is no reason for you to miss me when we can be together." Justin says before sneaking his arm back around me to pull me closer. Our lips nearly connect because of how close our faces become. I can feel his hot breath on my cheek as I turn away. 

"We can't, Justin. Not anymore." I say moving out of grasp.

"Why not?" He whines.

"I'm doing this for me. This is what I think is best for me." I say.

"You're wrong. You deserve to be happy and you deserve the best. For a while I didn't think that was me. But I am the best. I love you like nobody else will ever love you and I will never stop loving you the way that the next guy you meet will. The next guy you meet might cheat on you and if he does, he will never be as sorry as I am. And if he doesn't, he will do something worse. Something I would never do to you. The next guy will never know how to love you the way that I do because nobody knows how to the way that I do. There is no sense in moving on when I am the one for you. And if you don't believe me, look around you. We are stuck in an elevator. God got us stuck in this elevator for us to have this exact conversation right now." He says and I take a moment to soak in what he is saying.

"Two people who love each other shouldn't pretend that they don't. Don't you think that is a waste of time?" He asks as he moves back to my side.

"What if you hurt me again?" I ask suddenly becoming vulnerable.

He places a finger on my chin and turns my face toward his, bringing our faces close together. "I will never ever do anything to hurt you, ever again." He whispers.

"I don't believe you" I whisper back as my eyes suddenly fill with tears.

He draws back, taken back by what I said.

"Why did it take you so long to realize that you need me? Why did it take after you cheated on me and after you started seeing other girls. I always knew I needed you!" I say as a tear falls down my cheek.

"I was afraid to need you, Taylor. I have never been dependent upon anybody because everybody in my life has let me down. But now that I know-"

"I just wish you always knew. Because if you always knew then you wouldn't have done what you did."

"The past is the past, months have passed and I have grown and learned. With each passing moment my need for you has become stronger and stronger. I can't take back what I did but if I didn't do what I did then I would-"

"Never realize how important I was to you?" I finish for him becoming angry.

"That is not what I was going to say." He testifies.

"Doubt it" I roll my eyes.

"I was going to say that I would never learn from my mistakes. I make mistakes, we all do. I won't do it again, I swear." He says and I stay quiet.

"I just don't want to get hurt anymore. I've had a year of pain and I just want somebody that I know will look out for me instead of hurt me and I don't know if thats you" I say.

"And I'm telling you right now, you're wrong. I don't know much but I do know that you and I are meant to be together and I will never stop loving you." He tears his eyes away from mine for a fraction of a moment to take my hand in his. "Please, don't make a mistake by letting me walk out of this elevator heart broken all over again."

"I love you" he whispers softly as he places his arm around my shoulders, bring my forehead to his lips. He kisses me softly as I close my eyes and breathe in his familiar cologne.

"I miss you so much" I crumble in his arms.

"I miss you more baby." He says softly.

"You guys better not be dead in there!" I hear Jblaze shout through the wall.

"Not yet!" Justin shouts back as I start to pull away from him.

"You two doing okay?" Scooter asks.

"Yeah, we are actually okay." Justin responds.

"Taylor, has he tried to kiss you yet?" I hear Christina ask which sends us all into laughter.

"Yes!" I reply.

"Hope you two are keeping it together okay, this is taking a lot longer than anticipated. We are still trying to figure out how to get you out of there." The fire marshals voice returns.

"How much longer?" I ask becoming concerned. The situation we have found ourselves in had completely slipped the minds of both Justin and I as we delved into conversation we have been meaning to have for months.

"I wish I could tell you, try to remain calm." The fire marshal says again.

"What are we going to do?" Justin asks me.

"I guess just wait and try not to die." I say, cracking a smile.

"No, about us." He says.

"I don't know." I say.

"Come back over here." He says, waving me over to him.

"We can't just come out of this elevator a couple! I need some time to think about things and we have to go slowly." I say considering the possibility of us actually getting back together.

"So you will take me back?" Justin asks becoming excited.

"I'll think about it!" I say.

Before Justin responds, the lights flicker back on, bringing light back to the small box we are trapped inside of.

"How are you going to tell me that this wasn't an act of God? He got us stuck in here for one reason and one reason only: for us to figure out our shit. Now that we have, the power is back on." Justin says and I roll my eyes as I stand up.

"The power is back on!" I say to the audience outside the elevator door.

"Great! Almost there!" The fire marshal says.

"Just hang on a little bit longer" Scooter says as Justin gets to his feet as well.

"Did I forget to mention that you are looking absolutely stunning today?" Justin whispers as his eyes roam my body.

"Shhh" I manage between my giggles.

"You aren't getting out of here without at least one kiss." He steps closer, enclosing the space between us two.

"I hate that I love you" I say before he smashes his soft lips into mine, sending an electrifying feeling throughout my body. I pull myself closer to him, deepening the kiss both and I have been craving all these months. He pins me up against the wall, neither of us wanting to come up for air.

"I love you so much." After we have finally disconnected, only for him to begin kissing me again.

In the midst of our make out session, the elevator regains power and begins lifting us up once more. When the doors open, the dancers, tour staff and firemen await Justin and I who have managed to peel ourselves off of each other before anybody could suspect anything.

We are both finally free. Literally and figuratively.

AN:
I am super sorry about waiting so long to update! Senior year has me BUGGIN

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5K 68
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
599K 30.3K 59
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
499K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
426K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...