02

JUSTIN

Junior Year

"Maybe its my hair.. Do I smell? Am I ugly?" I asked Chaz and Ryan as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"No dude she's just weird." Chaz said flipping through a porn magazine while sprawled out across his basement couch.

"I don't think she's weird.. maybe she's a lesbian though." Ryan said not looking up from his phone.

"She's not either of those things. It has to be me." I said.

"Maybe you should chop the mop, before the first day of school. It's time to lose it." Ryan said.

"I agree."

We were talking about Taylor. Hell, I was always talking about Taylor. The Taylor I had thought about all summer and had Chaz invite to every single party we threw. She didn't show up to a single one. So, I chopped the mop and bought a whole new wardrobe and hoped for the best, when I walked through the doors of the high school. Selena hadn't talked to me all summer, she spent it in Mexico and must have had too much time having sex with Mexicans to send me a text. I wasn't complaining, I didn't miss her at all. Therefore, coming into school my assumption was that I was finally free of her wrath. I was wrong though because she was waiting by my locker with her stupid group of friends.

"Hi Justin! New hair? I love it you look so hot

"Hi Justin! New hair? I love it you look so hot." Selena said and leaned in for a kiss. I backed up and said "What are you doing?"

"Kissing my boyfriend.. what does it look like I am doing?"

"I'm not your boyfriend." I said.

"What are you talking about silly?" She asked twirling her hair.

"We broke up, remember?" I asked.

"I know you didn't mean it babe." She said placing a hand on my upper arm.

"Actually I did mean it." I said and removed her hand from my arm.

"You are a nobody without me." She said with a look of disgust on her face.

"Not exactly but if you think so that's okay." I said spinning the lock on my locker.

"But I love you." She said, her expression of disgust quickly turned to sorrow as she attempted to guilt trip me. Too bad I already knew all of her tricks and certainly was not going to fall for it.

"And I don't love you." I said simply.

Her friends gasped and she stood there a bit stunned. "And when were you planning on telling me this?" She said and narrowed her eyes at me. Now, she was just plain angry.

I shrugged, "We broke up so, never."

"You are going to regret this Justin." She said and stomped away, her friends following close behind. I laughed and shook my head pulling up the lock on my locker and swinging the door open.