42

July 1st, Miami

Martin Garrix, Jay, Jaxon, Jeremy, Johnny and I head out to the seating area at the back of the boat and sit, talking. Justin sweeps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him as him and Jaxon talk about some video game they both are obsessed with. I sit silent admiring the shining water as we speed across it. The wind blows my hair back, cooling me down from the hot sun that beams down on us.

"So how long have you been a dancer?" Martin asks taking the seat on the other side of me. I turn to him, snapping out of my daze and automatically answer saying "Since I was 4 or 5"

"Oh wow" He nods his head in surprise. "Both you and Justin were legends since you were young"

I laugh and nod my head "If you think so."

"No really, you have some crazy talent" He says.

"Thank you" I smile at him. "You too"

"Thanks" He smiles back.

"My sister actually competed in the same national championships, she obviously didn't do as well as you did" He says.

"What age group?" I ask.

"Adult, she danced to one of my songs, actually." He says.

"Oh, did she win anything?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"Thats too bad. But, she must be good if she made it that far" I say and he nods his head.

We begin talking about his sister and the competition and whatever else, Justin joined at the end of the conversation just before the boat slows to a stop indicating we have arrived at our desired location, in the middle of the ocean.

Justin pulls out this new surfing device that he has not shut up about since he bought it because he has been dying to try it out. The board has a clutch, I suppose you can call it, that you hold onto and press down on to go faster, release to go slower. Justin steps on and we all gather around to see what he does. He presses on the clutch going faster than expected, throwing himself off the board a few feet away from the boat. We all laugh as he emerges from the clear blue Miami waters, with a silly smile on his face.

"You should probably use this" Jeremy suggests to Justin holding up a grey life jacket.

Justin returns to the boat, and buckles the jacket to him before stepping back on the board and this time teasing the clutch, to ease himself into it. After some time, he had gotten used to it and started going faster. I take a snapchat video of him excelling on this board, just as he excels at everything else. After a few minutes, he returned to the boat to scoop up Jax and they went around before he came back and gave somebody else a turn.

I greet Justin, who is beaming, with a towel and throw it on him as he begins telling me how he almost fell and what it was like. Justin then stands with me as we watch Martin decide to give it a try but only ends up being on it for a few minutes before flying off it. After many a try, he gives up and returns to the boat defeated.

"It's alright dude, not everybody is as great as me" He says sticking his tongue out at Martin.

"Yeah yeah whatever" Martin waves him off making everyone laugh.

Jeremy and Johnny also give it a try, with no such luck and both come back to the boat just as Martin did, defeated.

"Alright your turn babe" Justin says.

"Yeah, lets see you give it a try" Jeremy says.

"I think I am really happy where I am" I say contently situated on the firm couch of the yacht.