A Mob Boss's Territory (Book...

By royal888

Please don't read this book unless you have read A Mob Boss's Heirs. There are spoilers in this Book from the... More

Author's Note
1. December 1979 (Viggo)
2. December 1979 (Vincenzo)
3. Terza's Touch
4. Terza's Heart
5. His Choices
6. A Jasmin's Call
7. Terza's Fears
8. A Father's Love
9. Born To Be A Don
10. Future Battles
11. Teenage Perceptions
12. Tension At Harlem
13. His Beloved's Battles
14. His Honour
15. Watching Snow
16. Scent of Roses
17. The Church In Harlem
18. His Destiny
20. Unforgettable Love
21. Battle of Scorpious
22. Invader
23. Icy Times
24. The Love Of A Woman
25. Two Heirs & Their Duties
26. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 1)
27. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 2)
28. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 3)
29. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 4)
30. Christmas Eve 1979 (Part 5)
31. The Young Don (Part 1)
32. The Young Don (Part 2)
33. The Young Don (Part 3)
34. The Young Don (Part 4)
35. The Young Don (Part 5)
36. Flying Back To New York
37. The Welcome
38. Nolan At The Mansion
39. Irish Nemesis
40. Show Down
41. 4 Minutes
42. The Past (Part 1)
43. Keys
44. Traitor
45. Adele's Embrace & River of No Return
46. Her Knight
47. Battles Inside
48. Truth
49. Mistakes & Regrets
50. Chambers
51. Allies Always
52. True Meanings
53. Self Discovery
54. One Question
55. True Power
56. New Dawn of Threats
57. His Mother's Words
58. A Hurtful Truth
59. In The City
60. View Of Future
61. Fathers Minds
62. Sweet Dreams
63. Happy Times With Her
64. Early Visit
65. Talking Points
66. Negotiations
67. Cold Wind of Change
68. His Decisions & Choices

19. His Oath

6K 340 181
By royal888

Vincenzo was sitting with Terza having lunch alone in a quiet corner of the dining hall. He didn't want to be disturbed with his Terza and he was glad people kept this distance at this time of day. This was his personal time and not time for business. He knew his work was only beginning. He had a long hard road in front of him. He was loyal to his father and gaining his approval was all he wanted. He knew his father was not happy about what had happened but since when did anyone got in life what made them happy? There were many actions that he wanted to take to make himself happy but he knew he never could. He was who he was. He couldn't deny his blood. If he had the choice he would have refused the call of the Don. He would have but he knew there were going to be consequences. He was not going to choose the easy option of surrender. He had to fight for what he held dear. That was his family. If he did not answer the call of the Don his family could be in danger.

Vincenzo recalled his last meeting with grandpa and how he had reminded him of his duties. His grandpa had him sat down as he was standing towering over him "Vincenzo. You recall all I said to you about the O'Kane family I take it. You do know that what an O'Kane wants is what an O'Kane gets. Right Vincenzo?"

Vincenzo had stared at his grandpa "Of course."

His grandpa had taken a serious expression on his face "Jackson has declared Tristan O'Neil as his successor after watching over him from far for so many years. I thought he might choose the little brother, Trent because I didnt think Jackson was going to choose the boy who was Gabriel Giovanni's faourite. The boy is too close to his Italian grandpa or so it seems. But again it is Gabriel who is the one loyal to Tristan having faith in him. Tristan may not return the affections. If Jackson has chosen him it means he sees him to be more Irish than Italian. Now, Tristan's time has come. He must take the Irish vow after he passes a few tests just like the next Don needs to be trained after my father."

Vincenzo had felt cold. He had never felt so cold before "What? He never said anything to me. He is playing with my sister's life." He had then stood up ready to go after Tristan. As he had stood up, his grandpa had pushed him to sit back at the chair and he let him. There must have been more to this.

Grandpa had warned "Easy Vincenzo. Your sister is safe. It is just a warning to you. Tristan is no longer just an O'Neil. He is much more. He will have to answer the calling by Jackson. You may think Jackson is going to be a threat to Vienna but trust me. He wont be..."

Vincenzo argued "He is capable. I won't be taking chances with my sister's life. Tristan failed to mention that Jackson O'Kane had declared him as his heir...."

His grandpa had smiled "Disclosing this wouldn't have made a difference. He needs to take an Irish vow. Just like how my father's successor will need to take an oath officially. O'Kane and the Don will declare heirs while alive and all is done this way so they can take part in training of their successors rather than waiting until their deaths to come first.  This is a wise move. With Jackson it was hard to predict what he was thinking. The O'Neil's were his first choice but there were other guesses. Some were guessing that his niece was going to marry at some point and then her husband whoever he maybe would take over. But of course they want a male with O'Kane blood to rule and not some stranger. They need to set a leader now to be trained on the job. They can't wait for a generation to come. I know this because Jackson informed those who must be informed including my father. The announcement about Tristan is closer than you think. Jackson will be setting a date for heads of families to attend a ceremony for Tristan to be introduced as his successor. Then soon he will take the Irish vow and then his initiation will take place for taking over the family he has inherited. We both know what this means. Tristan will be living by the Irish rules and exercising them with an Iron fist. The Irish are not like us. He would be powerful too. He would be a dangerous rival to you especially after Jackson O'Kane personally mentors him. Tristan will be benefiting from the loyalty of O'Quinns and O'Keefes sealed by blood as well as having all those families that serve the O'Kanes after they lost the mob war. This is big Vincenzo... You must be ready to back up your own family against the Irish. The Don knows and will be taking precautions of his own..."

Vincenzo had tried to interrupt wanting to leave to confront Tristan because he knew his sister could be in danger. " He should have told me... This is my sister we are talking about ..." He had stood up but his grandpa had put his hand up "Let me finish Vincenzo. I know what I am talking about..."

After Vincenzo had sat down his grandpa had continued "Tristan is giving his loyalty to the Irish. Your sister wont be in danger. Trust me. In fact she will be the safest one in your family. But everyone else is fair game. In particular your brother's disgraceful affair with that girl, Angelia is going to be unpopular with the Irish allies of O'Kanes. I warned you to straighten out your brother. But you didnt listen. If I could I would. If my father appoints me as the Don I would teach your brother a lesson. That is a promise. So he'd better pray I never get any power over him."

Vincenzo at that point was using all the power he had and all the training from his father to stop himself from insulting his grandfather. He insulted his brother. He tried to remind himself that his grandpa didnt know him as well as he should have. His grandpa didnt know how much he loved his siblings. If he had known then he wouldnt have threatened his little brother. Those thoughts stopped him from saying anything back. It was not the time to confront his grandpa. He needed information from this man about Tristan and since his sister was involved he had to put up with it. Ensuring his sister's safety was priority. Viggo could manage. Even though his grandpa was an intelligent man he hadn't gotten to know Vincenzo as much as he was expected to. His grandpa didn't know him as well as he thought if he expected Vincenzo to allow anyone to hurt his brother.

Paulo then had continued without noticing Vincenzo's anger since he was good at hiding his feelings "This brother of yours is not acting like a grandson should. He has endangered the family..."

Vincenzo had enough at that point and had confronted his grandpa "I respect your concerns for my family... But with all due respect what Viggo has done and how his girl will impact my family is in the past. This is not news that Angelia Andovini is a magnet for enemies but she is Viggo's responsibility. He will manage. Viggo and his girl are no concern of mine for now. Viggo chose her. He must protect the family against threats posed by her. The time is short grandpa. I have to get back. Tell me what I need to know regarding my sister." He had stood up and when grandpa pushed him down he didnt budge to grandpa's surprise. He just stood tall staring his grandpa down " Tell me grandpa. What do you know about my sister's situation? I think she will be in danger but you say she wont be. What makes you so confident?"

Paulo had raised an eyebrow at his grandson quite taken back. This boy meant business. He reminded him of Francesco. Vincenzo didnt need to threaten him. He could see the threat in his eyes. He kept a passive expression at all times but when he wanted to he did tell his grandpa with his eyes if he had anything to say. He was tempted to withold the information just to test how far he could push Vincenzo. He was curious. But of course the boy's eyes held a feeling that came strange to him. it was as though Paulo was staring into death's eyes. His eyes said he was going to if he refused him anything about his sister. Of course, his sister was the vulnerable one. So Vincenzo was so determined to find out about her. He wasn't familiar with ever feeling this way when addressing anyone. He was used to getting his way. He was used to be the one demanding information. He was not used to be threatened silently in this manner. That was the tricky part. The boy was polite. But his eyes were promising him death. It was strange. He had tried hard to understand Vincenzo. It was hard. He was so good at hiding his emotions.

Paulo had smiled "Your sister is safe. They won't dare hurt Vienna because of Tristan. I think you are in need of learning about the history of the O'Kane family. They are the most brutal when it comes to protecting anything they value. You cant mess with their property, their family, their beliefs, values and their women. Tristan has O'Kane blood. He will retaliate if anyone hurts his girl. Besides, they don't hurt women who belong to them. Tristan has claimed your sister. They can't hurt her because she is loved by one of their own. Only Tristan is allowed to hurt her and no one else."

Vincenzo argued "He wont hurt her. I know he won't... But my sister is Italian-American. They will hold it against her."

Paulo had affirmed it " They may not easily accept that their heir has an Italian -American girl. They wont like your sister but they wont hurt her. You are in the same position. Your girl is Irish American. They won't like you but they won't murder you unless you provoke them. Its impossible for them to hurt you but they won't accept you and Vienna unless Jackson approves of you. You can bet it's not that simple. He has a grudge. He used to love your aunt Anna but his father didn't let him pursue her. After his father's death it was too late since Anna was married to Arturo. He still loves her."

Vincenzo couldn't believe that " No one has told me about my aunt Anna. What would Jackson O'Kane say about Trent's affections to Amethyst? Is Amethyst in danger?"

Paulo had smiled " No. O'Kane won't harm her. As for anything going our way, well it all depends on Anna. Would it go the way the Rosarios want? I bet Jackson would exploit this. This means Anna will be stepping foot in his home right where he wants her."

By looking back at his grandfather's words, Vincenzo now could make sense of them to some extent. It made more sense now that he was called the successor of the Don. He was a new don  but his work was to start. There was so much to do. He had to go to Sicily and had to be mentored about his role. Tristan seemed to be in the same situation as him. His life didn't truly belong to him either. Their destiny depended on others. He could read between the lines either way. There was no choice given. If he or Tristan rejected their destiny slot could change. They had no choice. They were not in a position to refuse any positions. He just wanted Terza to be happy. But now that the hostile O'Kanes were to call her brother their leader it could change matters. Could she handle the pressure? All eyes were going to be on her and her family.

Terza noticed his stare on her and looked up " What is it Vincenzo? Why do you look at me like that?"

Vincenzo smiled " You are mine Terza. I am allowed to look at you."

Terza frowned " You were staring. Is all well?"

Vincenzo changed his tone to serious " Terza. What kind of question is that? Of course all is well right now. But we can't predict the future. Terza. A lot will change from now on. Are you ready for change?"

Terza declared " I am ready for a challenge but change is unwelcome. I don't want anything to change but I have to be ready Vincenzo. But tell me what is really on your mind?"

Vincenzo said in his mind "My oath and your brother's vow." But then stated "Well. I have on mind many things Terza. You may not want to know too much. What do you want to know?"

Terza put her hand under her chin "How long do you have Vincenzo? I want to know everything..."

Vincenzo leaned closer " Terza. What do you think I am going to do?"

Terza replied honestly "I really dont know. I can totally see you choose either option.  I am hoping you wont force your cousin, Tiziana to be commited to a life with Juliano. She doesn't deserve to sacrifice so much. I can see you choose war. Is that what you are going to choose?"

Vincenzo replied "Well, I think whoever started this mess needs to fix it."

Terza laughed "Vincenzo. I am serious. How can Letizia fix it? She will make it worse if you let her fix it. If she speaks hell may break loose.

Vincenzo chuckled "I didnt say she needs to do any talking. She could marry Juliano." He then laughed hard at seeing Terza's expression.

Terza gasped "What is wrong with you? Just be serious."

Vincenzo smiled "Terza. Either way I feel that Letizia or someone close to her must make sacrifices... But of course my final decision depends on what I find in Sicily. I was informed by Sterling Johnson  that the Don has requested in a letter to all leaders in this meeting to postpone this matter since it's within his rights to do so. I have just taken over as a Don. I need to travel to Sicily. I need to see my great- grandpa. It's within his rights to ask for time for me to find out what is best for the Rosario family before I answer. I am not him. I can't make a decision not knowing what is in the interests of the Don. So that issue wont be discussed in the meeting.

As Terza was about to reply, a commotion in the dining hall interrupted them. Both Terza and Vincenzo looked to the direction of the middle of dining hall where Sterling Johnson was showing a piece of paper to some heads of families. He then put his hand up and announced "The meeting this afternoon has to take place quick to be wrapped up. We are going to have company. Some Irish company."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 58.5K 33
"No one will ever love you." •••••• Imagine stepping into Aubrey Simpson's shoes. You're living a depressing, abusive life and then discover everyth...
1.7M 63.8K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
569K 3.6K 13
Join Ava Sophie Marcus on her journey of being the MAFIA DON's wife. Ava is your regular twenty almost twenty-one-year-old girl, she lived with her m...
349K 5.5K 45
BOOK #1 "What are you going to do? You can't kill me. I am the most skilled person in this mafia hands down. Hell.. I even beat you! 'The big, bad ma...