The Cookie Girl (One Directio...

By Rachasaur

Cassie is used to meeting the rich and famous; after all, she works at one of the most prestigious hotels in... More

The Cookie Girl (One Direction)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Part 1)
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20

Chapter 8

69.3K 797 133
By Rachasaur

"Will these fit you?" Zayn asked, walking into the bedroom with an armful of clothes. I stood up from the bed and examined the yoga shorts and white hoodie he was holding.

"I think so," I smiled, taking the clothes off him. "Where did you get them?"

"Lou," he answered.

"They're Louis'?!" I exclaimed, looking down at the tiny red shorts in shock. How could his ass fit in them?!

"No, Lou. Our make up artist," Zayn explained, laughing loudly.

"Oh," I said, feeling my cheeks go warm. "Right."

"I'll let you get dressed," Zayn chuckled. He turned around and left the room once again, closing the door behind him.

As I pulled off Liam's shirt and tossed it onto the bed behind me, I quickly decided that our secret almost-kiss earlier would have to remain just that; a secret. It obviously hadn't meant anything to him, and for the sake of my "relationship" with Harry, I would have to convince myself that it hadn't meant anything to me either.

"I can't fall in love with Liam," I said quietly, hoping that if I said the words out loud, it would somehow make them more true. "I won't fall in love with Liam."

I pulled the shorts and hoodie on over my underwear, and after taking one last look at the black and white shirt on the bed, I let out a sigh and walked out of the room.

"Ahh, you're alive," Harry grinned as I walked into the lounge room. He was sitting on the sofa beside Louis, and the two of them were scribbling down notes in a small book. "I was afraid I'd have to come in there and rescue you."

"What's that?" I asked, deliberately ignoring his remark. I pointed to the notebook between them. "You know, if you're writing out your marriage vows for each other, your partner isn't supposed to see them before the wedding."

"Ha ha," Harry said sarcastically. He threw his pen at me, and I swiftly stepped aside to dodge it. "Actually, we're making plans."

"Ooh, Larry Stylinson wedding plans? Now this I'd like to see," I grinned, skipping over to the couch and leaning over the back of it to read their notes. "Wait...romantic Twitcam? Lunch at a fancy restaurant? Trip to the local cinema, complete with back row snogging?" I looked at Harry and raised my eyebrows at him. "You know I was kidding about the Larry stuff, right?"

"Can you please go pick up my pen? I'd like to throw it at you again," he said challengingly.

"The plans aren't for Harry and I," Louis said, his voice firm and humourless.

I frowned and stepped around the sofa, taking a seat on Harry's armrest. "I know," I sighed. "They're for Harry and I, aren't they?"

"We've written down a few things you should do during the next two weeks," Louis nodded. "Paul wants you to make as many public appearances as possible for the first week, but as you lead up to your break up at the end of week two, you'll start to seem extremely tense around each other. Got it?"

"Yep," I answered with a nod. "So the dates will be the ones I read before? Fancy lunches, trips to the cinema, the Twitcam?"

"The Twitcam is an interesting one," Harry said, his lips pressing together in a thin line. "We thought we'd do it near the end of the second week, a day or two before the break up."

"But I thought it was going to be romantic?" I asked, my voice sounding more disappointed than I would have liked it to. Harry noticed this, and he shot me a suggestive wink.

"That's why it's so interesting," Louis said. He shifted on the couch, turning to face me completely and crossing his legs on top of Harry's lap. Suddenly, I felt like I was back in my hotel room, looking at the scene in front of me on my Tumblr dashboard instead of in person. In my imagination, the word 'GAY' flashed over and over above the two boys' heads, and I couldn't help but smirk.

"The Twitcam will be fake," Louis continued, bringing me back to reality and startling me slightly. Didn't my daydreams used to be the other way around, when I would imagine being with the boys instead of watching them through a computer screen? Everything seemed so surreal for a moment.

"Well, that part is obvious," I said, smiling and rolling my eyes. "All of this is fake."

"Well, yes," Louis nodded. "But in the Twitcam, you'll be pretending to fake it."

"You're hurting my head," I told him. "This is confusing."

"Look at it this way," Harry said, his eyes staring off into space as he tried to explain. "Let's say you and I are actors, and the next two weeks are going to be one big movie. Do you understand that?"

"I guess so," I nodded. "Yeah, I do."

"Good," he smiled. "So skip forward to the Twitcam scene. Our characters, who have lost the spark in their relationship, are starting to lose the trust of One Direction's fans. They're a smart bunch, and they can tell that something isn't right in our characters' relationship.

"So our characters are told to do a Twitcam, and while they're broadcasting, they have to pretend to be in love to earn back the trust of the fans. But their love seems too fake, and no one believes them, so the plan backfires and-"

"And the fans realise our characters aren't really in love," I finished, then I let out a deep breath. "Wow."

"If it works, the Twitcam will lead into the break up perfectly," Louis said while he rubbed his jaw thoughtfully.

"But Directioners would be offended...wouldn't they?" I asked. "They'd hate that we tried to lie to them."

"Not if we blame management," Harry said with a wink.

"And how would you do that, exactly? Post a tweet? 'Sorry everybody, we're not in love anymore. Management told us to fake it for the Twitcam, LOL'?" I pursed my lips in disapproval. "I've been in their shoes before, Harry. They don't take things that lightly."

"We have two weeks to figure that out, love," Louis said reassuringly, poking my thigh gently with his foot. "It will be fine, I promise."

I opened my mouth to protest, but when I noticed the sincerity in his eyes, I bit my lip to hold back the words. If someone like Louis - who didn't seem to like me at all - was forgetting his grudge to make a promise to me, I wasn't going to take it for granted.

So instead of fighting, I gave him a grateful smile and thanked him.

"So what's first in our plans?" I asked, looking back at Harry once again. "A cute breakfast in the morning? A stroll through town?"

He lifted up Louis' feet and pulled the notebook out from underneath them. "Um..." His eyes scanned the page, flicking between the messy notes. "I think it says we have to kiss."

"I'm being serious," I laughed, punching his arm playfully. Louis rolled his eyes and stood up, giving us a lazy wave before leaving the room.

"Fine," Harry pouted as I took Louis' spot on the couch, crossing my legs beneath me. "We're going into town for lunch tomorrow."

"Okay. Where?"

Harry laughed. "Well, you're the local. You tell me."

"Subway," I said immediately.

He raised an eyebrow and closed the notebook, setting it down on his armrest. "Really? You don't want to go somewhere fancier?"

"Not really. I love Subway."

"It'll be my shout, though!" He whined, and I could tell he was trying to change my mind.

"I'll upsize then," I smirked, winking at him.

"You're so annoying! Why can't we go somewhere nicer?"

"Because people like it when they can relate to celebrities. If they see you taking a girl out to a place as common as Subway, they'll think it's very cool and down to earth of you."

"Really?" He asked, and I nodded. "I never thought of it like that."

"Of course you didn't," I shrugged. "It's hard to think when you don't have a brain."

"Oh, that's it!" He exclaimed, leaping out of his spot and jumping on top of me. I screamed, yelling at him to get off, but my squeals quickly turned into giggles as he started to tickle my stomach.

"Stop!" I cried, my eyes watering while I squirmed in his grasp. "Harry!"

To my surprise, he actually stopped, amusement flooding his features. As I tried to get my ragged breathing back to normal, he readjusted his legs and straddled me.

We sat like that for a while, my chest rising and sinking heavily while he smirked down at me. When I finally looked up and met his eyes, I noticed that they were squinted and contemplative. "What?" I asked curiously.

"You're actually stunning," he said with a frown.

"You say that like it's a bad thing," I said, his compliment catching me off guard.

"Because it's not fair that we've got you into this mess," he said solemnly. "That I've got you into this mess."

"Honestly, Harry, don't feel bad about it," I said, taking his hand in mine and squeezing it reassuringly. "It could have happened to anyone."

His eyes flicked down to my hand for a moment, then they travelled up to my face once again and he drew in a sharp breath. "You're doing it again."

"Doing what?" I looked down at our intertwined hands and started to pull mine away. "I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd-"

"Not that," he said, quickly wrapping his fingers back through mine. "I don't mind that. It's your eyes. They're...like...drilling into my soul."

"Well that's a bit dramatic," I laughed, but I turned my gaze away from his face anyway.

"Sorry," he chuckled. "It's odd, I know. But it just overwhelms me a little."

"Would it help if I just never looked at you again?" I suggested, a smile playing on the corner of my lips.

He laughed at that. "Oh yes, that would go down well. Let's date without looking at each other."

"Well, I'm starving. Are we ordering room service again tonight or-" Niall walked into the room and stared down at us, his eyebrows rising in confusion. "Aren't you two just pretending to date in front of the paps?"

I felt my cheeks go warm as I looked up at the Irish boy. This must have looked strange to him; Harry and I only inches apart while he straddled my hips. "We're just joking around," I told Niall, pulling my legs out from under Harry and climbing off the couch.

"Yeah, right," Niall laughed. "I bet you two won't make it a week without getting your rock n' roll."

"What does that mean? Is that some Irish thing?" I asked him, and when he didn't answer me I looked down at Harry. He was grinning like mad and halfway through winking at Niall. "What the heck does he mean by rock n' roll?"

"You'll find out soon enough," Harry chuckled, standing up and sliding his arm around my waist. "It's getting late, do you want me to walk you back to your room?"

I was desperate to know what Niall had meant, but something told me I wouldn't be getting an answer out of the boys tonight. I guess that's what Google is for, I thought, smiling a little.

I said my goodbyes to the boys, and after picking up my clothes from Harry's bathroom, I let the curly-haired boy guide me down to the second floor. I expected him to try for a goodnight kiss or ask to sleep in my bed with me, but he surprised me by leaning against my door frame and asking, "Can you promise me something?"

"Depends what it is," I answered.

"Don't go on any social networking sites," he said, his expression dead serious. "It will be tempting, but please don't. Promise me you won't."

"Okay," I nodded. "I promise."

He smiled and kissed me softly on the forehead. "Thanks, babe. Have a nice sleep."

Once I had changed into some comfy PJs and crawled into bed, I found myself looking over at my laptop straight away. Would it really hurt that much to check my Tumblr?

"You promised," I whispered to myself. I rolled over to face the other wall and let out a loud sigh. "Just go to sleep."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

>> The song is on the side because I listened to it on repeat while I wrote this chapter, I love it and la la la la la it's just so cute. Thanks for reading! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 233 46
Olivia is about to graduate from college a semester early she gets the chance to do an internship with a famous doctor in London. To save money she m...
72.9K 1.3K 28
Naomi was just your average girl. But when she visits her grandmother for Christmas break and meets a mysterious boy with cold skin, her life will be...
5.9K 90 15
It might seem like Belle has a perfect life with a perfect house and a perfect mom who fly's all over the world as a famous fashion designer but in r...
27.6K 745 27
a tragic love story where a boy falls too hard for an avid coffee drinker.