Sweet Lips(ON MAJOR HOLD)

By HarleeGirl

Jaren was the quarterback of the high school football team. Peer was the new girl. All of Jaren's friends ign... More

Next Day
Peer
Next!
Peer, Explain?
Detention
The New Guy
Journals? Maybe?
Sorry

Sweet Lips

274 4 5
By HarleeGirl

This is the first time that I have tried to write in first person as a male. So please bear with me :) And sorry for the cover. It's supposed to say "Sweet Lips" not "weet Lip".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day that I met Peer was the best and worst day of my life.

I woke up that day and knew it wasn't going to end well. I looked out the window and saw a dead dog in my driveway. I dragged my half dead body down the hallway and into the bathroom. I noticed the bags under my eyes and the dried spit on my face. I'm not one to wake up beautiful, like my older brother. I took a shower to wake myself up. I wrapped the towel around me and tried to walk back to my room. But Tab left his stupid cat out and I tripped on it. "Tabor! Come get this, thing, out of the hallway!" I yelled towards his door as I got up. I opened his door and peeped my head in. "Tab." He just rolled over in his bed. "Tab. Get your cat out of the hall."

"Is he bothering you?"

"Yea. Did you not hear the thud before I came in here."

"Oh. That was you? I thought that Dad shot another critter." Tabor grew up in the South, while I grew up in New York. Our parents met when my mom went for a bowling tournament and she ran into his dad there. We hated each other at first, but eventually we grew to get used to each other. "So that's why I saw a dead dog in the driveway." He nodded his head and waved me away.

After I got dressed, I went downstairs to have a bowl of cereal. As I was pouring the milk over my cereal, Tab grabbed the gallon and started to drink it. "Dude! I don't want that now." My favorite food was anything with milk. Tab started to drink the milk like that just a month ago, and ever since Mom has had to buy two different gallons for us. Tab finished his gulp and slammed the jug on the counter, which then splashed all over me. "Oh my gosh! You don't have any manners do you!"

"It's because I'm a guy, unlike you."

"It's because you're a redneck, unlike me."

"Exactly!"

I arrived at school just barely on time and slipped into my first period class. I grabbed a seat in the back, to avoid being seen by Mr. Wood. I looked up to notice a girl sitting in the front row. In my first period class, we didn't have a blonde girl. But now we apparently did. For the entire hour I just stared at the back of her head. When the bell rang she rushed out of the room and down the hall. I tried to race after her, but got trampled by the rest of the class.

"Jonny!" I yelled down the hallway. I saw the black haired head turn around. He's been my best friend since we were six. "What?" I ran through the hall to get closer to him.

"Hey have you seen that blonde girl in History?"

"Um. No?" I saw the blonde turn around the corner and approach a locker. I grabbed his arm and turned him around facing her. "Aw yea. Her and her sister just showed up today. I like the younger one, but it would be like dating Jace's sister."

"Yea. But what's her name?"

"I don't know! Here's a great idea! How about you ask her?" He shoved me over to her and I almost ran into the wall. I caught myself with my hand and, as normal as possible, turned towards her. She had her back to me, but I knew it was her. I didn't know who she was with, but she had the same golden hair. I slowly raised my finger to tap her shoulder. But then her company slammed her locker closed and they both walked away from me. I stood there, frozen in shock. What just happened? "Dude! You missed your chance! What took you so long?"

"I-I don't know?" Jonny hit my shoulder and turned me back around so we could walk back to class.

I went through three more classes before I saw her again. She was leaning against a locker in the Sophmore section. Must be her sister. I watched as they talked. Her lips moved slowly and gently. Her laugh was loud, but not obnoxious. I was there for about a minute when Jace came up behind me. "Boo!" He yelled into my ear.

"Gosh! Do you have to be so annoying?" I replied while rubbing my ear.

"Yes. Hey! So I saw this girl in Math today."

"Is she blonde?" I couldn't contain myself.

"Uh yea. Why?"

"Just continue with the story. Hurry though."

"Alright, so she said that-" And I heard the locker slam. I turned quickly to see she and her sister were walking to class. "Dang it." I whispered to myself. I ignored the rest of Jace's story and followed her to see what class she had. English. I had Orchestra. I gloomily dragged my feet to the giant room and plopped in my chair.

Mr. Bennet dismissed class right as the bell rang and everyone stood up and rushed out the door. I slowly grabbed my bag and walked towards the door. "Mr. Blake. How is your report for Geography going?" I turned around to face Mr. Bennet and slowly walked backwards.

"Good. Thanks for asking."

"So that information on the Mayans helped you?"

"Yes, sir. Thank you so much." I turned around in the middle of the doorway to run into someone. I felt books go into my chest, so I automatically looked at the floor. But there was nothing there. I looked up into the bright blue eyes of someone. The blonde locks of hair curled around her face. Her face was shocked as she looked into my eyes. Other students filtered into the room as they walked around us. I looked down at her books to see them still in her arms. As I looked back up to her eyes I heard the thump of books hit the floor. I looked down again to see her books sprawled out on the floor. She dropped to her knees to pick them up but just sat there. She looked up at me and motioned for me to come down, too. I got down to the floor and reached for her Math book but she stopped my hand. "What?" I demanded, confused.

"Sh. Don't pick them up. It gives me an excuse to stay out of there."

"Do you not like Mr. Bennet?"

"Who?" That is when I realized who I was talking to.

"Are you new here?"

"Yes, actually. My sister and I just moved here from Montana. I'm Peer." She stuck out her hand to shake mine, and I did.

"Nice to meet you, Peer, in this awkward position." I smiled as she giggled slightly.

"And what is your name?"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm Jaren. Quarterback and most handsome man here." She smiled hugely and looked down at her books.

"Now, now. Let's not get a big head."

"Sorry. Not a very good first impression, is it?"

"No, but what do you expect when you run into the quarterback of the new school you just joined with your books all sprawled out on the floor, and in a very awkward position." She looked up and her eyes glistened.

"Well, do you have any plans on how to impress our school?" I smiled back at her. Our school is mainly for the arts or for athletics and here, when you first join, you must either perform something or compete against our sports team. "Uh. Yea. I have something planned." She flashed her perfectly white teeth at me.

"And what will that be?"

"It is a surprise!"

"Alright. I'll settle for that. But throw in something special for me, okay?"

"Got it." She flashed one more quick smile before gathering up her books and strolling past me. I turned, still in a squat position, a watched as she swayed her hips to the beat of the drums Mateo was playing. She looked back at me and mouthed "Better hurry to class!" I slowly stood up as she turned back around and glanced at the clock. I only had one minute to get to class. Two floors up.

I raced up the two flights of stairs, to hear the bell ring right as I enter the hallway. I sigh deeply and turn to take the long walk back downstairs to get a late slip. This was the first time in years that I had ever been late to class.

I went to lunch and sat at our normal table, but I couldn't stop thinking about Peer. I was like a zombie for the rest of lunch. Just sitting there, staring at my food and thinking of Peer. I was excited though. They always had the performances and competitions right after lunch. I didn't know what Peer was doing, but I didn't care. The bell rang for us to clean up for lunch and I picked up my tray, that I barely touched, and threw it away. I raced to the gymnasium as fast as I could and took a seat in the first bleacher. I watched as students started to slowly trickle in and the gymnasium eventually became full.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen!" Mrs. Blain's voice rang over the speakers that were placed strategically around the gym. Students began to take their seats in the bleachers. "Today we have received two new students and you should have seen them around school today!" She paused to motion the girls onto the small stage with her. "We have our youngest new student here to perform a dance for you. Gaze Williams please come to perform!" Gaze, which I figured was Peer's little sister, came infront of the stage wearing a blue and green leotard with a blue tail type thing. She did a slow dance but with many flips and turns and jumps. After she "danced", I called it gymnastics, for about five minutes, Mrs. Blain came back on stage. "Thank you, Gaze! That was beautiful! It definitely impressed me!" Everything impresses her. She was once my kindergarden teacher and when I blew my nose and it sounded like some weird tune, she replied "That was very impressive!"

I saw Peer enter the gymnasium from the side door and slowly started her walk towards the stage. "And now we have Gaze's older sister, Peer, here to present us with a song!" I widened my eyes. Normally nobody would have the guts to perform a song for our school. Every singer here is so good, that they would feel humiliated. But not Peer. She walked onto the stage with pride and convidence. Her back was straight and she had convidence in her eyes, something I wouldn't have. She grabbed the microphone off the stand and opened her mouth to sing, but to me it felt like the room froze. She stood there with her mouth open, microphone close to her face, ready to go. What had stopped? I looked around to see no one moving, but me. I looked back at Peer and her eyes moved to focus on me. And she winked. Then everything came back to life. Peer let out the first note and held it. Once she started on the second note, I instantly fell in love.

But sadly, my life would never be the same.

Continue Reading