Next!

The next day I just moped around. Nothing really happened. I just dreamt of my future wife. It sounds so weird. Anyways, I just sat around and walked from class to class. Just like I did before I met Peer. Now my life has never been same. She gives my life purpose. It was like before all I cared or worried about was getting through high school. Now it's planning for the next day and what is going to happen next.

It was Friday now and I was excited to see Peer. I planned on taking her to the movies Sunday. I wish I could take her Saturday so we didn't have to worry about school the next day. That I didn't have to worry about school the next day. On my way to school, I stopped at the drug store and bought a boquet of flowers. I rushed to school to get there early. Which actually worked. I entered the building and everyone stared at me. Who wouldn't? It's not everyday you see the quarterback running through the halls, not chasing anyone, carrying a boquet of flowers. I stopped in front of Mr. Wood's door to catch my breath and peeked my head in the window. She was sitting on top of her normal desk swinging her legs. She straightened her hair today. and has makeup on. She was staring at something I couldn't see, but started laughing. I moved my head to the side to see what it was, but bumped my head. I dropped to the floor so she wouldn't see me and crawled out from under the window. I crawled all the way down the hall and around a corner, when I finally stood up. Running. With flowers. Then drop. And crawl. People must have lost all respect for me today. I started to walk back down the hall towards the room. I  looked in the window again and saw Peer sitting beautifully on the desk again. But as I stood there I grabbed the door handle and a guy started to walk towards her. I guess he was the thing she was laughing at earlier that I couldn't see. I started to turn the handle to enter and smiled as I hid the flowers behind my back. But the smile quickly faded from my face when he placed his hands on her hips. She didn't refuse. She sat there and smiled. I didn't realize but I was leaning on the door and slowly pushing it open. I watched as he pressed his lips against hers. I let go of the door and backed away, which is when I realized that I was leaning on it, because it slammed. I saw her pull away once the door slammed and I rushed down the hall. I heard the door open and her footsteps jog down the hallway as I turned the corner. I began to walk faster towards the main doors and pushed people past me. "Jaren!" I heard her scream behind me. I shoved open the door and stormed out into the yard as she followed me. "Jaren!" She called again. I could hear the anxiety in her voice. "Jaren!" She called again. I kept walking, but I could hear her footsteps getting closer to me. I felt her small hand on my shoulder and I whipped around. "What do you want with me?"

"Jaren, please."

"What's going on?"

"I can explain."

"Is this your choice? This guy?"

"Jaren-"

"Don't. Did you just decide to date him? Did he do that without your consent?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what I am talking about! That guy! In the room. He kissed you! Did you let him? Did it surprise you? Do you even know him?"

"Jaren. I did let him. It did not surprise me. What surprised me was when I saw you in the window!"

"Why? I thought-"

"Let me explain!"

"You just did! Why? I thought that I was the one? Why would you choose him when you know it was me?"

"Jaren-"

"Was I not the one who remembered you? I remember you! Not him! He's just some random Jo off the street, but I am the one! I remember!"

"Jaren, please stop."

"You know what? You can have these." I threw the flowers at her and she caught them. She looked down at the daisies and tulips and roses put together. She opened her mouth to talk and looked back up at me but didn't say anything. "No." She whispered.

"What? You don't want those either? Nothing of me? Huh?"

"Jaren, you don't understand." She dropped the boquet on the ground at her feet.

"No I understand."

"No you don't! If you would just let me explain, you would understand!"

"I don't need an explaination! I have all the information I need."

"Jaren. No. I need to tell you something."

"Why? Why do I matter? I'm just the one guy that is the one for you and you chose another guy, which doesn't make any sense, why? Because I remember you! Who remembers when you are gone? I do!"

"And so does he!" The tears immediately started to flow down her face. My face filled with confusion as I thought of how it could be. I was the one for her, not him. There can only be one. How can he remember her, too? I slowly dropped to my knees and gathered together the flowers she dropped. She knelt down beside me. "I don't get it." I whispered.

"No one does." She whispered back stroking my hair. She placed her hands on my cheeks and pulled them up. "Jaren?"

"Yes?"

"I need you to remember."

"Remember what?"

"Remember that I love you."

"Always have. Always will." She pressed her lips against mine. You love me still? Always have. Always will. The words echoed in my head. Always have. Always will. Where have I heard it? Always will. Someone has told me that. Always. Just who? Will.