Peer, Explain?

As I sat there in front of the school, with the flowers laid across my lap, I began to think of how this could happen. The one person who remembers her is the one, but how can he and I remember? I looked up into her sparkling blue eyes and I fell into a trance. I didn't quite understand, but I couldn't hear anything but her breathing. I couldn't take my eyes away from her. She opened her mouth and began to sing to me. It must have been in some other language, because I couldn't understand one word. I figured it was Italian because I heard "ll mio amore" which is "My love" in Italian. All I could think about was her and the song. I heard nothing else and saw nothing else. And even though she was speaking in some other language I could understand what she was saying. "My love, you know nothing more. My love, there is nothing you understand." It seemed like she repeated it over and over but another line came in. "My love, listen to my words. My love, I will explain it all." She slowly raised her hand to place on my forehead, until someone tackled me. "Jaren!" They screamed. 

"Get off of me! Peer!"

"ll mio amore." She sang again.

"Jaren! You little rat!"

"Peer! Help me!" ll mio amore.

"Who's Peer?" I looked up at my attacker. Brenda. She was always persistent in trying to go on a date with me. "What do you mean? She's right there!" I pointed towards her and she sat and stared at me, helpless.

"Who? There's no one there!" Brenda waved her hand in Peer's direction and smacked her in the face.

"You just hit her!" I screamed as I watched Peer stand up and rub her face.

"Listen you! You left me Tuesday! We were supposed to go roller skating that night with Brad and Chelsea, but you never showed up! Now everyone thinks I'm a loser!"

"Brenda! I don't know what you are talking about. I never agreed to go with you."

"Lies!" She slapped my face while sitting on top of me. I felt helpless. The one I love is standing, watching me, while my worst enemy is attacking me. Peer began to walk towards me and knelt down. "Peer," I whispered, "Show yourself." She shook her head and brought her finger to my mouth to shush me. "ll mio amore." she whispered to me.

"I don't understand!"

"What do you not get? You stood me up! And now you're lieing about it? That is a new low. Even for you! Mr. Jaren Blake, quarterback of the football team! All you really are is a loser who sits at home and plays video games and waits for the next day to start. I know you!"

"It's true! Okay? I do just sit at home and play video games and wait for the next day to start. Alright? Now that we have established that, you can get off me!" She stood up and began to walk away, but before she did she kicked my rib. I just healed from a broken rib a few weeks ago, so it was very sensitive. As I lay on the ground, helpless, people just walk right by me. I sat up and looked into Peer's eyes. I guess that was a mistake. I fell into the trance again and heard nothing. "No!" I screamed. She held her finger to my mouth again and shushed me.

"ll mio amore." She began. My love, you know nothing more. My love, there is nothing you understand. I finished her song, but not in English. I continued in Italian, like she had. "Il mio amore, ascoltare le mie parole. Il mio amore, vi spiegherò il tutto." She helped me up off the ground and grabbed the flowers that were halfway destroyed because of my attacker. She reached for my hand, silently, and we walked into the building again. She led me to her locker and stopped to turn to look at me. "Thank you." She told me while sniffing the destroyed flowers.

"You're welcome, but I don't understand what just happened."

"Oh yea. I guess I have to tell you that, too."