Phantasm (Phantasm, #1) - Cam...

Oleh OrgyHarmony

"Careful what you wish for..." An absent father. A poor home. A dream shattered on the ground. Your life has... Lebih Banyak

Important Notes
Chapter 1 [📱]
Chapter 2 [📱]
Chapter 3 [📱]
Chapter 4 [📱]
Chapter 5 [📱]
Chapter 6 [📱]
Chapter 7 [📱]
Chapter 8 [📱]
Chapter 9 [📱]
Chapter 10 [📱]
Chapter 11 [📱]
Chapter 12 [📱]
Chapter 13 [📱]
Chapter 14 [📱]
Chapter 15 [📱]
Chapter 16 [📱]
Chapter 17 [📱]
Chapter 18 [📱]
Chapter 19 [📱]
Chapter 20 [📱]
Chapter 21 [📱]
Chapter 22 [📱]
Chapter 23 [📱]
Chapter 24 [📱]
Chapter 25 [📱]
Chapter 26 [📱]
Chapter 27 [📱]
Chapter 28 [📱]
Chapter 29 [📱]
Epilogue [🌵]

Chapter 30 [📱]

4.9K 272 629
Oleh OrgyHarmony

I will always remember you. Even if you won't remember me.

I woke up with a jolt and the movement made the guitar on the bed fall to the floor in a clattering thud. Wincing at the sound, I sat up on my bed and looked around my room. Everything was the same—the cans of Coke on the nightstand, the mirror tacked on the wall, and my song notebooks carefully kept in a chest in the corner.

And yet something felt... off.

"Huh," I muttered, glancing at the window. The sun was already up in the sky, signaling me that it was a new day.

Weirdly enough, I couldn't remember the dream I had, only that I had a dream. I remember seeing myself smiling and laughing with other people but their faces were blurred, like my mind couldn't process their features. I spent a few minutes in bed, trying to decipher the missing parts of my dream but gave up when it only gave me a headache.

"Y/N! You're late for work!"

"Oh shit!" I cried out as I heard my mom's voice. I quickly moved down from the bed and placed my guitar against the wall before I ran downstairs.

As I rounded the corner to the kitchen, I felt my feet slow down and stop as I reached the archway. The smell of eggs and bacon filled the whole house as I watched my mom humming while she cooked. For some reason her face looked different. Normally, she looked thin and overworked but, today, her eyes had a soft light in them and the smile on her face was something I hadn't seen since my dad left.

She looked up once she noticed me staring. "Well, don't just stand there. These eggs aren't going to eat themselves."

I chuckled and made my way across the counter from her. "What are you doing here? Don't you have work?" It wasn't a complaint, but I haven't seen her home in such a long time. She would normally come back when I was asleep and leave before I woke up.

But the bright smile on her face told me there was some good news coming our way. "I got a job to teach at the school!" she cried out in excitement.

"Oh my god! Are you serious?"

"I never expected it," she said, shaking her head. "When I applied last time, they said they had no openings. But then they called me first thing this morning and told me a sudden position opened up! I quickly took it and made the calls to quit my other jobs."

"Mom! That's amazing!"

Making my way beside her, I hugged her with all the love only a daughter can muster. She hugged me back with the same intensity that made my heart swell. I didn't know why but I suddenly felt emotional holding her like this. There was a part of me that was afraid of losing her—leaving her. But I couldn't explain why I felt that way.

"Why didn't anyone tell me there was going to be hugging this morning?"

My heart dropped at the sound of the voice. For some reason, my body tensed and my mind went into overdrive. I barely felt my mom pull away from me because I was too busy trying to figure out why tears were falling from my eyes. However, when I dared turn my gaze at the source of the voice, something in me snapped and my legs ran towards her, tightly wrapping her in my arms as the tears continued to stream down my cheeks.

"Sam," I whispered, holding her small body tightly. "Sam, I missed you."

I felt her small hands make their way to my back. "Y/N, are you okay? We just saw each other yesterday morning, remember? Before you went to work?"

"D—did we?" I stuttered, pulling away from her with a chuckle.

"Why are you crying?"

There was no answer I could give her because I didn't know what to tell her myself. When I heard her voice, it was like a dam inside me broke and I felt ultimate happiness. And yet I didn't know why her being here with me affected me so much.

I smiled at her to show I was okay and caressed her hair. The action came so naturally to me, the same way the tears did. "I just... really love my sister, I guess."

She let out a cute giggle and grinned at me. "I love you too, Y/N. I also love that necklace."

My eyebrows furrowed as she walked past me and sat on the table. I touched my neck and felt the smooth chain under my fingertips. Fumbling with the clasp, I held the necklace in front of my face in wonder. It was a small silver guitar with a silver pick beside it.

It was a beautiful necklace, no question about it. The only thing was that I don't remember buying it or someone giving it to me. This morning just got weirder and weirder by the amount of things I couldn't explain. It was like someone plucked important memories from my brain while I was sleeping. Studying the guitar pick, I noticed a phrase engraved on it.

Stay with the people you love.

It was such a random phrase and yet I felt like it was important for someone. But was that someone me?

My sister's laugh pulled me out of my thoughts. I watched as my mom tickled her sides while she tried to wriggle away from the assault. My lips involuntarily formed into a smile as I watched my family happy—contented. It didn't matter who this necklace belonged to or who it was from. What it says is right.

In my case, Sam and my mom were the most important people in my life

And I would do anything to keep them—to stay with them; the people I love.

-//-//-//-//-//-

"Hey, Stuart?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever had one of those mornings where you don't remember anything?"

Stuart looked up at me from arranging some noodles on the shelves. He looked more annoyed rather than the amusement or curiosity I was expecting. "Is that your reason for being late today? You forgot you had work or something?"

"N—no. And I told you I was sorry." He only grunted and began sorting the products again. "It's just, this morning has been really weird. You know how sometimes you get up to do something and then when you've walked like five steps, you suddenly forget what that something is and then you're left standing in the middle of the room looking like an idiot?"

"Well, the best way to go about that is to go back to where you came from then wait two minutes and you normally recall after that."

I chewed on my lip and mulled the idea over in my head. "Yeah but the problem is, I don't even know where the thought came from. I just... feel like I'm forgetting something."

He grunted and bent down to grab some Lay's from the box. "Just give up. If you can't even remember it then it's not important."

At any other time, I would agree with Stuart. However, at this moment, there was something inside me telling me not to give it up. That no matter what happens, I need to find out the things I was missing.

"By the way," I said, pulling out the necklace from my pocket. "Do you recognize this?"

Stuart made his way towards me, his eyes glued to the glittering silver I held in my hand. He took it from me and began examining it in his palm. "Where did you get this?"

I groaned. "That's just the thing, I don't know. I woke up this morning and I had this around my neck. The only explanation I could think of is that I had a wild night filled with booze and drugs to the point that I can't remember anything anymore and I got that at some point."

"You? Do drugs? I doubt that," he said, smirking.

"Yeah but that's the only explanation I could think of. I don't even know where I bought that thing."

Stuart shook his head and gave me back the necklace. "I don't think you bought it. It was given to you, most likely."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because of the engraving."

"Stay with the people you love?"

"No, the one behind it."

I raised an eyebrow as Stuart made his way back to the shelves. But I examined the pendant nonetheless and saw another phrase engraved on the back that I missed.

Stay with me.

My heart began to race at the possibilities these three words presented me. This could very well mean that someone gave me this necklace. But then again, who was it? And how could that person put it around my neck while I was sleeping? I had no idea of anyone that would tell me to stay with them to the extent that they would put it on a necklace.

I heaved a big sigh at the thought that this sudden revelation brought with it more questions rather than answers.

My head shot up as I heard the ring of the bell, indicating someone entered the store. I stuffed the necklace back in my pocket and promised myself I would get to the bottom of it later.

"Hi, welcome," I greeted the man that entered.

He had a full beard, complimented by curly hair that he had tied in a bun behind his head. A quick pang of familiarity crossed my mind but it was gone as quickly as it came. I gave him my best customer service smile as he made his way towards me.

"How can I help you, sir?"

"Hi there," he greeted. His voice was gruff yet pleasant to the ears. "I was told you sell tires here?"

"Uh... this... is a convenience store, sir," I said slowly, noting the surprise on his face.

"Oh?" He looked at the door then back at me in confusion. "But one of your employees said you guys could help me."

I furrowed my eyebrows and became just as confused as he was. "Sir, I'm the only employee of this store."

"No, but there was a girl outside that told me to come in here. She said 'we can help you' so I assumed she worked here. She had brown hair, brown eyes and uh... had a dimple in her right cheek."

Curiosity got the better of me as I hoisted myself up off the counter and went outside. There was no one around the store at this time because it was morning and everyone was busy doing something else. However, the weird thing was that I didn't know anyone with the description the man said. I practically knew everyone here, at least by their face, since the town was small and tight knit.

This day just kept getting weirder and weirder.

The man looked at me expectantly when I came back and made my way behind the register. "I'm sorry, sir, but could you tell me what happened? Maybe I could help."

He sighed and rubbed his temples as he told me his story. "Well I had to visit some friends upstate and I was going to the airport but for some reason my GPS kept acting up and I got lost. And just my luck, my tire blew out at the entrance of your town. I would've called for a tow truck but my phone's dead. So I walked here in hopes that someone could help me."

"Well I hate to be the bearer of more bad news," Stuart said, walking towards us, "but tow trucks often take two to three hours to reach this secluded town. Plus, there are no mechanics here."

"Well, shit," the man cursed. "I have a flight in a little less than two hours. I can't miss it."

"No problem," said Stuart, patting the man on the back. "I have a spare tire in the trunk that you can use. The fit doesn't matter just as long as it could get you where you need to go."

"Really? Thank you so much! I'll pay for it."

"Don't worry about it," he said, waving the thought away before he turned to me. "Drive him there, Y/N, yeah? I'll take care of things here."

I nodded and led the man to Stuart's car at the back. He went inside first as I checked the spare tire in the trunk before driving away.

"Thank you for this, I really appreciate it," the man said, smiling at me.

"Don't mention it. I just hope you don't miss your flight."

I had my eye on the road as I saw the man grab something on the dashboard. "Are these... songs?"

My eyes widened as I saw him flipping through one of my song notebooks. How the fuck did that get here? I have never brought one to the store so how can it be in Stuart's car?

"Are these yours?" he asked me.

I winced and bit my lip. "No... maybe."

He laughed and continued flipping through them. "You shouldn't be embarrassed about writing songs. The ones here look really, really good and I haven't even heard the melody yet."

"No, those are just scribbles. A college dropout like me can't possibly make it in the big leagues."

He smiled and gave me a pat on the shoulder. "You'll never know unless you try."

We stayed silent until I slowed to a stop next to his car. I helped him replace the tire all the while I thought about his words. I did try to be someone else—someone bigger—a long time ago. But when my dad left, I had to put that on hold for my family. I've always believed that but, for some reason, I was starting to wonder if I really did it for my family or I was just using them as an excuse.

"There we go," he said, tightening the last lug nut on the tire. "It should be good to go."

"Hopefully you'll still make it to your flight?" I asked, putting the wrench back in the trunk.

He glanced at his watch and smiled. "Yeah actually. I'll be at the airport with time to spare. It's all thanks to you and your boss."

"Don't worry about it." I closed the trunk and made my way to the driver's side. "Have a safe flight."

I was about to climb inside the car when I heard him call my name. "Y/N, wait." The man ran up to me and pulled out his wallet.

"No, no, you don't need to pay me. I—" However, instead of money, he pulled out a white card. Wow, I feel so stupid now.

He handed me the card and my eyes widened as I read the words written on it. "Julian Bunetta... record producer?"

"Y/N, listen to me," he said, resting his hand on my shoulder, urging me to look at him. "You're so much more talented than you think. The songs on that notebook? They're chart-topping material. And I think the only reason they're not there right now is because you don't believe in yourself. That's why I'm believing for you. Keep that card so if ever you come to LA, you know how to reach me."

All this time, I thought I lost all the opportunities life has presented me and yet here was Julian presenting me with another one. My heart was telling me to accept, that there was a big chance this would be the last hope I had to change my life. But was it worth leaving my family?

"I know it's a life changing decision, Y/N. But I'll be waiting for your call."

He smiled one last time before he drove away. I stood frozen on the side of the road with the card clutched tightly in my hand. The gravity of my decision weighed my heart down and for the first time in a long time, I felt conflicted.

Was it worth leaving my family to follow my dream?

-//-//-//-//-//-

It's been a week since I met Julian and I've yet to make a decision. No one knew about the choice I had to make but me. Even as I weighed the pros and cons of going to LA, still no clear decision entered my mind.

The moment I got home that day, I immediately searched who Julian was. I began thinking how easy it would be if Julian was just a scammer. I mean if he wasn't really a producer then the decision would already be made for me, right? However, it turned out that he really was a producer—a big one at that. And now, I was back to square one.

"Honey? Are you okay?"

I looked up from the card in my hand and saw my mom take a seat beside me on the dining table. I knew I would have to tell her about this some time and I guess, today was that dreaded day. Without saying anything, I gave her the card and waited for her to read all of it.

"Who is this?" she asked.

"He's a music producer that I met last week. Stuart and I helped him when he got stuck on the road. He found out that I wrote songs so he gave me that."

"Oh?" she said, putting the card back on the table. "Is he asking you to call him?"

I could only sigh at the feeling of wanting to call him and not wanting to at the same time. "He told me to call him if ever I was in LA."

Mom reached out and caressed my hair. "Why do you look so troubled though?"

"Because I want to do it. But I know that I can't."

"What's stopping you?"

"I don't want to leave you and Sam," I said, running my hands through my hair. "Dad already left. I can't leave too."

My mom looked down at the table and I cursed myself. I can't believe my selfishness made her sad. I should never have thought about this in the first place. The decision should always have been my mom and Sam. They should always be my first priority.

"Mom," I said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you sad. I won't leave you guys, don't worry. I was dumb for even thinking about it."

She turned to me with a sad smile. "You're right, I'm sad. But not for the reason you think." She pulled away from me and grabbed my hands. "When your father left, I knew that I had to provide for the two of you. I wasn't going to just give up because I wanted you and Sam to have a good life even if I had to suffer for it."

My mom sighed and I saw the tears forming in her eyes. "I always blamed myself when you dropped out of college. I blamed myself for not being able to support your dream. I didn't want you and Sam to suffer because your dad chose to leave." She grabbed the card and pushed it into my hands. "That's why I want you to call this man and tell him about your dreams and your ambitions."

"But mom—"

"No, Y/N," she interrupted, "you don't have to choose between us or your dream. What kind of mother would I be if I stopped you from achieving the one thing you want the most? Sam and I would always support you no matter what, honey. So go, achieve your dreams. We're cheering for you."

My mom smiled in the way she was trying to tell me that it was okay. No matter if I follow my dreams or not, my family would always be that—my family. And they would love me no matter what happens. That's why I dialed Julian's number with a calm mind and determination in my mind.

"I've been waiting for your call, Y/N."

I glanced at my mom and she nodded, squeezing my hand to remind me that she was there for me. "I'll be in LA as soon as I can. I've made my decision to follow my dreams."

"I sense that you've started believing in yourself. That means you're ready, right?"

I took a deep breath and smiled at the thought that I finally had a shot at attaining the one thing I wanted most. Not only that but I had the people I loved supporting me. Everything was finally falling into place.

"Yes," I said, with fire in my eyes. "I'm ready for my life to change."

-//-//-//-//-//-

Seven months later

"Chill, Julian, I'm just about to board the plane," I said as I squeezed the phone between my cheek and shoulder as I tried to pull out the ticket from my bag. "You worry too much, old man. I had to finish some—oh thank you," I said as the attendant handed me my ticket back. "I had to finish some projects to get some time off."

"You better take your studies seriously," he said with a serious tone. But I knew better and figured he was probably stopping himself from laughing. After all, I was on my second year and maintaining a 3.7 GPA in Berklee.

"How could I when you're paying for it?" An attendant greeted me and led me to business class once I showed her my ticket.

"Are you having fun in Berklee?"

"Well, I got to meet some new friends. Professors are kinda cool and the courses are great. I see why you studied there and wanted me to do too."

I thanked her as she took my shoulder bag and put it in the overhead compartment. Making myself comfortable on the window seat, I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

"That's good. Now, hurry up, I need you here in LA asap."

"Be there in five to six hours. Why do you even need me there? I had to finish projects in advance just so the school would let me have some time off."

"I told you, I'm producing an album and I need you to help me."

I laughed at Julian's tone. "The great Julian Bunetta needs help from Berklee student Y/N L/N so much that he paid for her to ride first class. That's gold."

Julian and I talked a little bit more until it was time for takeoff. I kept my eyes glued to the window and watched the scenery pass by as the plane reached cruising altitude. The movie playing on the TV didn't interest me much so I just grabbed the newspaper and began doing crossword.

I tapped the pen against my lips as I filled up everything but one word. "Eight letters... across..." I mumbled. "Another word for an illusion or a dream... hmm..."

"Phantasm."

The voice belonged to a brown haired woman sitting beside me. Her eyes were trained on me as an easy smile painted her lips. I didn't know why but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. There was just something about her I couldn't quite figure out. It seemed like I should know her but then again, I've never seen her before.

"The answer is phantasm," she repeated and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"O—oh! You're right, thanks," I said filling in the missing word and completing the puzzle. "I never would've guessed that."

"Forgive me if this sounds insulting but you don't look like someone who takes business class whenever she flies."

"Oh, I really don't," I said with a laugh. "But my sponsor is rich so he could kinda afford it."

"Sponsor?" she asked.

I looked back at the woman and furrowed my eyebrows. I'm pretty sure I only met her today but for some reason, I felt oddly comfortable around her. She looked like someone you could talk to about anything. There was a sharpness in her eyes and yet she still looked approachable with the deep dimple on her cheek.

"Well, not really a sponsor, I guess," I answered. "But he's kind of paying for me to go to school and I'm also technically employed under him."

"I hope he's taking care of you."

"Y—yeah," I stuttered. Why did this stranger care if Julian was taking care of me or not? "What about you? I mean to be honest you look like you belong here. What's your job?"

"Hmm... my job?" She looked away from me and pursed her lips.

"I—if it's too personal, you don't have to answer."

She smiled at me and shook her head. "No, it's okay. My job is... to help people."

"So... like a sponsor?"

She giggled and I found myself smiling at the sound. "Yeah, let's go with that."

We talked for the rest of the flight and I enjoyed every moment of it. She had stories about the different people she's sponsored and I could immediately tell that she was insanely rich if she could have a beach house in Acapulco built for someone.

I had so much fun with her, in fact, that I felt sad when the plane finally landed in LAX. She walked me to the baggage claim to get my suitcase. It was weird that she had no baggage but I knew better than to question her about it.

"That necklace is beautiful by the way," I heard her say.

My hand instinctively reached out to my neck and I rubbed the pick with my fingertips. I gave up trying to find out how I got the necklace a long time ago. For me, it didn't matter how or why it ended up with me, but that I just always followed what it said. I always remembered to put my family first.

"Thank you. I always try to follow the things engraved on it."

"What are they?"

"Stay with the people you love and stay with me."

The woman sighed and smiled. "That sounds lovely. I'm guessing the people you love are your mom and your sister?" I nodded, in awe that she was listening when I told her about them on the plane. "Who's the other one for though? Who's the 'me'?"

"That... I don't know."

And it wasn't for lack of trying either. Every day I tried to rack my brain on whom it might be but I couldn't produce a face. There would be times when I swear I could hear her laugh in my mind but then it would disappear. She would appear in my mind as shadows, but nothing more than that. Maybe Stuart was right, maybe I should just give up trying to find her.

"You shouldn't give up." My eyes widened as the woman read my thoughts. However, she just looked at me and smiled. "That's what you look like. You look like you're about to give up. But there has to be a reason why that necklace found you—why it's around your neck. And I also know that deep inside, you really want to know who she is."

"H—how do you know that?"

"You don't get to where I am without being perceptive of people's feelings."

We walked in silence for a few minutes before I spoke up. "But what if I never find her? What if she's not even real?"

"My answer's still the same. I know that deep inside, you know she's real. Wanna know why? Because the emotions you feel for her are real. Because the emotions are strong. And maybe, just maybe, the emotion is love."

I scoffed at her words. "Me? In love with someone I've never met?"

"Maybe you are," she said quietly. She stopped walking and faced me. "What you feel is real. So she must also be real, right? All you need to do is find her."

"And how will I know when I do?" I asked, playing along.

She reached out and placed her hand on my cheek with a familiarity I couldn't quite discern. "Soulmates find their way to each other, no matter what. Follow your heart... and you'll know it's her."

"Maybe," I whispered, and yet her words made more sense than anything I could think of right now.

I knew that there had to be someone that gave me this necklace. There had to be someone who the 'me' belonged to. But I always put it in the back of my mind because it was hard to have feelings for someone you didn't even know. It was like a big, gaping hole was in my chest and I needed to find the missing piece to complete me.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" she asked.

I glanced at my watch and realized I was going to be late. "Shit, you're right. Julian's gonna kill me."

She laughed and winked at me. "Remember, follow your heart."

"I will, thanks," I said, hoisting the shoulder bag on my shoulder. "It was nice meeting you." She gave me one last smile before I turned around and walked away.

"Goodbye... cactus."

My feet stopped and I immediately turned around. "What did you—"

But she was gone.

I looked around me but there was no sign of anyone who looked remotely like the woman I was just talking to. It was impossible for her to disappear like that, right? I don't even know her name and yet she talked to me like she's known me my whole life.

Just who was that woman?

-//-//-//-//-//-

Even on the drive to the studio, the disappearing woman was still on my mind. It was just really fucking weird how she disappeared like a ghost. But more than that, she called me cactus. I didn't know if it was meant as an insult or a nickname.

I raked my hand through my hair and groaned. The only other time I was confused like this was the day I first met Julian. My thoughts were interrupted by the phone vibrating in my pocket. I instantly smiled as I saw my sister's name on the screen.

"Hey, Sam."

"Y/N! I miss you so much," she cried out on the other line.

I laughed at my sister's enthusiasm. "I miss you too, Sam. How are you and mom? Are you making sure to take care of her?"

"Yes, ma'am!" she said, earning a chuckle from me. "Mom invites Stuart sometimes to eat dinner with us."

"Oh? Did he have new help at the store?"

"Yup, yup. Alex is helping him and stuff."

"I see, that's good," I replied, recalling Stuart's nephew who he introduced to me a long time ago. "Anything good happening with you?"

"Umm..." she drawled out and I can imagine her pursing her lips in thought. "Oh! Oh! Stuart brought us blueberry cake last night. It was delicious."

"Ahh, I wish I was there to eat it with you."

"Oh, and I'm helping mom take care of the rose bushes outside. I'll make sure to pick you the best ones!"

"I only expect the best from you, Sam," I said.

She giggled then suddenly went quiet. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Mom told me not to bother you with this because she said you were busy but I just—will you be back for Christmas?"

The smile on my face disappeared as I looked out the car window. I needed to come back to Berklee before Christmas break starts and try to catch up on missed classes so my GPA won't drop. For sure, there would be re-tests I needed to take and projects I needed to pass.

And then there's this album that Julian needs my help with. If it was really a full length album and not just an EP then post production would take long and may very well extend 'til the holidays. There was just no way I could come home for Christmas this year.

"Yes, I'll be home for Christmas, Sam."

But I would find a way.

I smiled as my hand reached out for my necklace. No matter what happened, I needed to stay with the people I loved and that meant being with them when they need me. Sure, my GPA would probably drop but it wasn't something I couldn't get back up. Sure, the album might get delayed because of schedule changes, but I can take the scolding. However, what I couldn't handle was my sister sad because I can't be there with her.

As much as I can, I will always protect her.

I hung up as soon as I arrived at the studio. Julian was waiting for me in the lobby looking understandably pissed. "You're late," he said pointing at me.

"Traffic?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes before smiling and engulfing me in a big hug. I was so thankful for him because if it wasn't for the way he believed in me, I wouldn't even have believed in myself. He saw the potential in me and it would take all my life just to get close to repaying him.

"Hopefully Berklee has been treating you well?" he said after pulling away from our hug.

"Yes, but have I been treating Berklee well?"

He laughed and led me down a hallway. "Okay, so, I'm overseeing an album for a band."

"One Direction again?"

He shook his head. "No, not this time. It's a girl band."

"Wait, really? There are still girl bands?"

"This girl band is special," Julian said, chuckling. "They have synergy and depth. They just need the right songs to get people's attention and hold it."

"And they are..."

"Fifth Harmony."

I stopped walking as memories attached to that name resurfaced in my mind. "I remember them," I breathed out.

"You... do?"

Smiling, I fell in step with Julian again. "They're the girl band my sister likes. I've never heard or seen them though but Sam would be ecstatic if she found out I'm working with them."

We stopped in front of a door on the far end before Julian faced me. "So for this one, you'll be my assistant and you'll get assistant producer credits."

"Sounds fancy," I joked.

"You have a good ear for melody and for this album, that's what I'm banking on. Steer them towards the right path and I'll handle the bulk of post-production. Deal?"

"Sounds good, I'll do my best."

"Alright, you ready to meet them?"

I rolled my eyes. "They're just singers. What do I need to get ready for?"

It was at that moment that everything played in slow motion.

Julian opened the door and entered first with me trailing just behind him. I heard their voices greeting him before I got a look at their faces. Once I stepped from behind Julian, my eyes met with the person who made my whole world stop.

Her eyes were on mine as my feet were planted firmly on the ground. It seemed like everything disappeared at that moment, only leaving the two of us staring at each other. I felt something invisible pulling me towards this girl—this beautiful girl.

She had the prettiest brown eyes I've ever seen and for some reason, I saw warmth in them. Her brown hair fell in loose waves past her shoulders and accentuated her beautiful features. My heart was racing the longer I stared at her but I couldn't look away. Then I got to her lips. God, her lips. They look soft, plump, and oddly made me think of strawberries.

There was something about this girl.

But what?

I watched as she slowly stood up from the couch. It was the first time I noticed how silent the room had gotten as this girl and I just stared at each other. She stopped a few feet from me and I had to clench my fist just so I wouldn't try and reach out for her.

"It's her," I heard someone from behind her call out.

"Do you—do you know each other?" Julian asked. I saw someone stand up from the corner of my eye but the girl in front of me still had my full attention.

It was only when another girl held up a paper in front of me did I break eye contact. "Oh my god," I said as I saw what was on it.

It was a drawing of me. The eyes, the nose, the hair—it was all me.

"She asked me to draw this. She woke up one day, crying, telling us she lost someone in a dream. And before she could forget who it was, she asked me to draw her. We've been looking for months. We've been looking for you."

At that moment I tried to remember the girl I saw whenever I closed my eyes. I've only seen shadows of her, snippets of her laugh, and glances of her smile so I couldn't be sure. However, something inside me was screaming that this was her. Something was telling me I finally found her.

Follow your heart... and you'll know it's her.

The room was silent and no one dared make a move. The others were waiting for one of us to acknowledge the other. However, it was my determination that pushed me forward until I was close enough to notice the speckles of gold dancing in her eyes.

"Hi, I'm Y/N," I said, reaching my hand out to her.

A breath escaped her lips as I told her my name. Her eyes held the same emotions I was feeling and I reveled in it. This was the first time I met her and yet I was already hooked. But then she smiled and I immediately knew that there was no one I'd rather give my heart to than this girl right here.

"I'm Camila," she answered, taking my hand in hers.

We were smiling like idiots at each other but I didn't care. It was like a fire in me was ignited at the mention of her name. The fit of her hand on mine was warm and familiar like I'd done it a thousand times and would gladly do it a million more.

Maybe that's the reason why I couldn't stop myself from saying the next words.

"Camila, I know we just met but... I really want to kiss you right now."

Everyone's jaw dropped at my revelation. Well, everyone but Camila because no matter how creepy it might've sounded to suddenly want to kiss someone you just met, she just looked at me like she was waiting for me to say it all along.

And maybe that's why, instead of answering, she just stepped in front of me and kissed me instead.

It was weird how this was our first kiss and yet we moved in tandem with one another. My whole body shivered as her lips caressed mine gently, passionately. I was right, her lips tasted like freshly picked strawberries and at this moment, I was done questioning why I knew these things. The most important thing was that I was here with her.

She pulled away and I barely noticed the others still in shock. Our eyes spoke volumes about the feelings pooling between us. The woman I met on the plane was right. The emotions were real, strong, and might actually, possibly, be love.

All for a girl I just met two minutes ago.

She stepped back from me and I instantly missed the fit of her body against mine. Her eyes dropped down for a second before they settled on mine again.

"You'll stay with us, right?" she said quietly. "You'll stay with me?"

It was her. It was really her. There was no doubt in my mind now. She really was the one I didn't know I was searching for.

I reached for my necklace, happy that I finally figured out the mystery. All those questions I had since that day seven months ago didn't matter now. What mattered was the feeling that I finally found what I was searching for and even more was that, she was searching for me too.

The heart I had, battered and bruised from the pain of being left, discarded, and neglected, finally found a home with a girl named Camila. It might only be the start for us but I knew that she was the only one I wanted to end up with.

And maybe that's why the words flowed out of me like I've been saying them to her my whole life.

"I will always be here for you, Camila."

—The End—

A/N: This wild, dramatic ride has finally ended 😭🙌🏻

Thank you to all the readers and getting this to 10k reads especially to the ones who voted I appreciate you guys letting me know how much you loved every chapter! 🙇🏻🙇🏻

Special shoutouts to the ones that commented on this fic, I love interacting with all of you and your comments make writing worthwhile ☺️ Thanks to: Cjct01, PeytMiral/LukeMcAnn, ASLJ05, JamieAllOver97, ElloMrMonster, VeronicaLodgeIsBae, JABUEAUTY, t1nytr33, LifeIsBomb, Giiwedinanong, tittyoflife, IcSantos97, AwesomeMe74, Fernmaster11, Wend_Jay02, MongersternA, werty_asdf, jaymartin16, FlyingRosePetals, and fifth_harmony_hoe

Edit:
In my eleven years of writing stories, this is the only one I actually like and am proud of. I'm scared that nothing I ever write would come close to the way this fanfic flows perfectly but that's not going to stop me from writing.

Thank you for reading this and I hope I can continue to write stories that you would read and be ensnared by every word. Much love! 🙌❤❤

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

278K 9.5K 40
"A person can emit a colorful energy but their own souls can just be black and white." ↠ How can one person be such a mysterious case? How can she r...
4K 226 11
A very loosely followed She's the Man structure of Viola X Olivia, following after the bathroom confession but there hasn't been any date prior to th...
1.1M 44.7K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.7K 160 5
Although she'd never admit it, Lena Luthor is absolutely smitten with the Girl of Steel and wants nothing more than to gain her trust, approval, prid...