In The Shadows (Teen Wolf) (S...

By JustMe52

All my life I've moved from one town to another, leaving all of the friends I make behind. I've said the word... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sequel

Chapter 17

23.9K 901 258
By JustMe52

The bathroom door stall bangs shut as I walk towards the sinks. School has been dragging all day and I figured a quick visit to the restroom would help me wake up a little more. I wash my hands while staring at my reflection in the dirty mirror. This morning, I decided to be different and curl my hair, which later earned me a lot of compliments. The only compliment I didn't like was Aunt Kate saying I looked so much like her.

> I dry my hands off before tossing the wet, crumpled paper towels in the trash on my way out of the bathroom. The hallway is completely empty since class has only been in session for thirty minutes. I run my hand along the lockers, attempting to walk as slowly as possible. If I can prevent from going back to class, I will do anything. The idea of going back to Mr. Paril drone on about different ways to write a professional letter I may just slam my head into the lockers.

> Out of nowhere, a classroom door swings open as I pass by. A hand clamps over my mouth and an arm pulls me back against the their chest. I scream against the person's hand while they drag me backwards into the empty classroom. My feet drag and kick against the floor, fingers desperately trying to pry the hand off of my mouth. What the hell is going on?

> Fear pulses through my veins when the door slams shut, leaving the two of us alone in the dark classroom. The arm around my chest tightens before they slam me down on the floor, tumbling into a row of desks. Air comes from my mouth in heavy pants. I quickly roll over on my back, mentally preparing myself to defend myself in any way that I can.

> The person above me is covered from head to toe in black clothes, not allowing me to see their face. I pull my right leg back and kick their shin. My attacker stumbles backwards, surprised. I scramble on the floor, trying to create as much distance as I can between the two of us. Who ever this is, they are pretty determined to catch me because they rush after me, grabbing ahold of my left ankle. I attempt to kick them in the face, but they swiftly slide me across the floor back to them. A scream escapes from my mouth in fear.

> My attacker reacts to my scream by grabbing both of my shoulders and shaking me hard enough that the back of my head slams against the floor. I blink back tears as my vision blurs from the impact. Fighting against the urge to pass out, I wrap one leg around the attacker and flip us over. Once I'm on top of them, I pull my fist back before punching them in the face. I go in for another punch, but they grab something from their side. A sharp blow goes to my forehead and I feel myself lose control of my body as I collapse on the floor.

♡♡♡

> Fog clouds my head as I slowly come back to consciousness. A cloth like material is tied around my mouth. My head lifts up from hanging down and I blink my eyes a couple times to adjust to the dark room. The room turns out to look like an abandoned warehouse with me right in the middle of it. I attempt to move my hands up to my face, but they stay behind my back held together. I yank outwards again, feeling rope dig into my skin. What did I get myself into?

> A lamp hanging from the ceiling flicks on illuminating someone else in a chair directly across from me. My eyes squint against the new bright light and then widen. Sitting in the chair is none other than Aunt Kate. Her head is hanging forward, hair draped around her face.

> Panic swells through my body as I scan my eyes over her to make sure she isn't hurt. Nothing abnormal stands out and I feel myself relax just a tad. Aunt Kate may be completely crazy, but she is family and I still love her.

> "Ever wonder what happens if a hunter gets bitten, Clara?" A male voice echoes throughout the warehouse. I dart my head from side to side, trying to see where the voice voice is coming from. "Ever wonder what happens if you get bitten? What do you think your Aunt would do? What do you think she'd have to do? When all it would take to change everything is- one bite. One bite-"

> Aunt Kate's head snaps up. "Everything changes."

> I stare at her, eyes filled with tears, yet I feel anger building up in me. She did this on purpose. This must be a sick way to train me.

> Aunt Kate tilts her head to the side, smiling. "This is the official test to see if you're ready. So far, you've made me proud, but not proud enough." She removes her hands from behind her back. "You fought back, which reminded me of myself at your age, yet you still failed because here we are."

> I glare heavily as she spreads her arms out wide and stands up. Aunt Kate carefully touches my forehead, sending a shot of pain though my head. That must have been when she hit my head before I was knocked out. She physically hurt me just to train me as a hunter. Who does that?

> Aunt Kate trails her fingers down to the cloth around my mouth. "I guess we can get rid of this now." She unties the knot, letting the material fall away.

> "You bitch." I hiss.

> She chuckles, stepping back. "Funny. That's exactly what I said to my mom when she did the same thing to me."

> "How could you do something like this?" I yank on the rope again.

> "Oh, don't be such a drama queen. It's tradition to teach new hunters like this. I went through this just like your parents did. It's only a matter of time before Allison is forced to go through the same thing."

> "Are you going to slam her head into the floor, too?" I snap, anger coursing through my veins.

> Aunt Kate rolls her eyes. "I had to knock you out somehow."

> "So, you slam my head to the floor and then hit me?! I wish I was able to punch you more than once!" I seethe, jerking around in the wooden chair.

> Bending down to my level, Aunt Kate grabs my chin in a death grip. "Hey!" She shouts, "I thought you wanted this? I'm here to train you. If you don't like my ways then tell me now and I'll go train Allison instead." I remain silent. "Then stop acting like a little bitch."

> I yank my head back out of her grasp. "Fine. You taught me that I need to work on my fighting skills. Can you let me go now?"

> "No."

> "I'm missing school."

> "What's more important; going to school or learning how to become a hunter to protect yourself and kill werewolves?"

> I shut my eyes for a second. I know what I have to do. My eyes flash open, a new outlook on this whole situation. "What's next?"

> The corners of Aunt Kate's lip spread up in a massive grin. "Good choice. Now," Aunt Kate slides a small knife from her boot. "I'm going to go back home."

> I grab onto the handle of the knife when she slides it into my hands. "What about me?"

> "Good luck." Aunt Kate slowly backs up.

> "You're leaving me." I conclude, gripping the knife tighter.

> "This is the final part of the test." Aunt Kate starts to walk away until my phone in my pockets rings. Her head tilts to the side before walking back over to me. "I better take that away so you can't call anyone to help you. You have to do this on your own." Her fingers dig through my front pocket, pulling my phone out. "Hmm. Why is Allison's boyfriend..." She holds up my phone with Scott's number and icon on it. "...calling you?"

> There's no real reason that Scott would ever actually call me unless it was something to do with Derek. Thinking of a lie on the spot, I concentrate on a poker face. "I sit next to him in geography. He's probably wondering where I am."

> She let's the call go to voicemail. "No. No, I don't believe you."

> "What?"

> "Why would he call you in school instead of waiting until the day was over?"

> "I've never missed a day. He's probably worried."

> "Sometimes, I think you should be my daughter instead of my niece. We act the same way, talk the same way, fight the same way, think the same way. Don't worry, though. You're little secret is safe with me."

> I move the knife up and down on the ropes. "What secret?"

> Holding the phone up, Aunt Kate was away backwards. "You and Scott. Now, personally, I've always liked to steal another girl's boyfriend because I enjoy the rush, but you win the trophy for taking Allison's. You're much stronger than I give you credit for and that's why you're my favorite niece."

> My jaw drops open at her accusation. "Y-You think I would steal Allison's boyfriend?"

> "It makes sense." Aunt Kate circles around me. "She's always been the better twin. Everyone knows it. She always gets the guys. Her grades are better. She's Miss Goody Two Shoes. Everyone loves her. If anyone had to choice between Allison or you, who would they pick? There wouldn't be any hesitation in their voice when they would pick her over you."

> Every insecure feeling I've ever had about being Allison's twin resurfaces. I've never told anyone that I feel like Allison is the favorite twin. Yet, Aunt Kate seemed to figure it out and use every bit of it to stab me in the heart.

> "No matter how hard you try, you would never be better than her. That's why it would make sense for you to sneak around with Scott. It would make you feel better that you could beat Allison at one thing." Aunt Kate kisses my temple. "I won't say anything. Good luck."

> Without another word, she leaves me alone in the abandoned warehouse. I sit still her words echoing in my head, not about stealing Scott, but never being better than Allison. I love my sister to the end of the earth. I just hate feeling that everyone likes her more and I'll never be considered an equal to her.

> Snapping back to reality, I go back to using the dull knife to cut the rope. The blade hits my skin a few times, but I ignore the pain. This warehouse could be in the middle of nowhere for all I know. Aunt Kate took my phone and all of my money is in my purse back at school. Who knows how far away from home I am?

> The rope loosens up after half an hour of struggling and I yank my hands in opposite directions, feeling the rope rip and fall away from my wrists. I exhale in relief, slowly standing up. My knees ache from sitting for so long. Once I stand up, I spin my head around, finding out that the warehouse is completely empty, except for a few old car parts.

> Thankful that I wore boots instead of any kind of heels, I think of the long walk I have ahead of me. With no money or phone, it could take forever to get back. I rub my wrists from where the ropes were digging into my skin. It looks like I'll be wearing long sleeves for a while. Kate made it clear that she does nu want anyone else to know about our little training sessions.

> Outside of the warehouse, I find myself near a port with old boats. Where did she bring me? The sun is still out, meaning that I probably won't make it home until after dark. I start walking down the dock back to solid ground. Maybe if I'm lucky, I can sneak on a bus.

♡♡♡

> Sweat drips down my nose and heavy pants escape from my mouth. The first hour of walking wasn't so bad until I was nearing the second hour. Along the way, an old man told me that I was two towns over from Beacon Hills. The temperature feels as if it increased by twenty degrees. I've she'd my black cardigan off already and I wish I could take off my skinny jeans. The denim is sticking to my skinny, making it harder to walk. I feel like I could be on the edge of dehydration.

> The only thing that this test has taught me is that my hatred towards Aunt Kate has grown even stronger.

> Hope to get back home drains out of my body and is quickly replaced with frustration. Tears prick my eyes as another car zooms past me on the road. No one bothers to stop. Why would they? I'm just some random girl on the side of the road, silently crying. I'm a mess. I wouldn't stop for me either.

> Aunt Kate was right about how I'll never be the one people chose over Allison. She's always been the favorite. Every school we go to, she's the first one to make friends, first one to get all the guys after her. I've never been anyone's first choice. I know this is just me being petty, but I can't help it.

> A black Camaro races on by before the driver slams on their brakes. The car fishtails to a stop. I squint through my tears, curious to know if it's the same car back in Beacon Hills. The driver's side door swings open and a guy in all black steps out.

> "Derek?" I stop walking.

> Derek runs towards me, abandoning his car in the middle of the road. "Are you okay?" Derek grabs on to my arms. His eyes scan my body, searching for any type of injury, eventually landing on my forehead. "She did this."

> I wince at the gentle touch of his fingers brushing against the sore spot. "Part of the training." I say barely above a whisper.

> "Did she do anything else?" He asks, ignoring a car that honks us at us, clearly annoyed at the Camaro.

> "Physically or mentally?" I look up through my eyelashes. I bite my lip just as a tear rolls down my cheek. I silently curse myself for crying. I shouldn't be this weak.

> Derek wipes the tear away with his thumb. "C'mon. Let's get back to Beacon Hills."

> With his hand on my back, he leads me to his car. I slide in the leather seat and buckle up. Derek climbs into the driver's seat, speeding down the road, much to everyone's happiness behind us.

> "How did you know where to find me?" I lean my head on the window. I reach forward to turn the air conditioning all the way up.

> Derek glances over at me, worriedly. "I called you a bunch of times after Scott called me and said you weren't at work. I went to your house to sneak up to your room until I heard your Aunt Kate on the phone saying that you were doing very well with the training. She was talking to someone named Gerald."

> My eyebrow scrunch in confusion. "Gerald?"

> "Do you know him?"

> "He's my grandfather."

> Derek takes his eyes off of the road. "Your grandfather?"

> I nod once. "On my mom's side. I never knew he was close to Aunt Kate."

> Why would those two even be talking about me? Did they plan on making me become a hunter this whole time?

> "Um," I clear my throat. "Thank you for coming to get me. I was scared that I was going to have to walk all the way back."

> Derek pulls into a gas station, where a few cars are parked. "Come with me."

> I watch Derek stroll inside of the building and I climb out of the car, chasing after him. A bell above the door chimes as I step through the entrance along with a friendly 'hi' from the cashier. I shoot them a weak smile on my way to the bathroom, where I saw Derek head off to. He waits by the men's door and leads me inside, locking the door.

> "Derek, this is the men's bathroom." I say.

> Instead of replying, Derek grabs my waist in both hands, easily lifting me up on the sink. I grab his shoulders to balance. One of his hands leave my waist only to move up to my forehead. Derek grabs a paper towel from the dispenser and wetting part of it. He dabs the towel to my forehead.

> My grip on his shoulders tighten as the pain in my head increases. "It's more than just a bruise, isn't it?"

> "It's a cut." Derek tilts my chin up with his left hand. "Not deep enough for stitches."

> "This will be interesting to explain to everyone." I move my hands to cup the back of his neck. "Hopefully, my bangs will cover it."

> Derek tosses the partially bloodied towel in the trash bin. "Makes you look kind of badass."

> I smile, giggling. "I'll just tell everyone that the other girl looks worse."

> "I'd believe it."

> "You'd probably be the only one." I pull him closer by tightening my arms around his neck.

> Derek stares at my lips before looking up. "You can still back out of this. You don't need to go through this."

> Annoyed, I push him away. "Derek, no. I'm doing this. I let my guard down too much. Next time, I'll be prepared, I'll be the hunter she wants me to be."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Author's Note:

Am I the only one that thought this whole chapter was intense? I loved every part of it. I decided to show a bit of a crazy side to Kate.

Do you think Kate took it too far? What about the whole taking Scott from Allison thing? Pretty crazy, right?

So, I have been thinking of a new story, like like I told you before, and I decided to give you a little hint. It would be a Peter Hale story. If you are interested to find out more, tell me in your comment.

Question: Do you think Clara will fall for Kate's way of hunting or will she stay true to her plan?

So, yeah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.2K 16
"You Gave Me A New Purpose In Life."
1.7K 101 23
Everyone has been keeping secrets lately. Could it be those very secrets that could tear this friend group apart... or bring them closer together? Th...
260K 5.6K 36
Cassie was the enslaved mistress of an oriental king when the mysterious man Elijah helped her escape her own personal hell. Even though she knows he...
31.8K 1K 24
πšƒπš‘πšŽ πšπš‘πš’πš›πš πš‹πš˜πš˜πš” πš’πš— πšπš‘πšŽ πš–πšŠπš£πšŽ πš›πšžπš—πš—πšŽπš› πšœπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ. ~ π™±πšžπš 𝙸 𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 πš’πš'𝚜 πšπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚒 πšπš˜πš˜πšπš‹πš’πšŽ π™Άπš˜πš˜...