Chapter 22

Stiles has been exceeding exceptionally well at being on my bad side. I get that he has a hatred towards Derek, but that does not make it okay for him to blame all of this on him. Stiles is very intelligent. He's good at figuring things out. I'm sure he's figured out that if he comes near me, I'll probably lose it.

   I've purposely secluded myself from all of them. They are trying to think of ways out of here and I'm just sitting on a desk away on the other side of the room.

   "Call the cops." Jackson orders.

   "No." Stiles says with no hesitation.

   Jackson grows angry at his answer. He's probably lived his whole life never having anyone tell him no. "Wh–what do you mean 'No?'"

   "I mean no. You wanna hear it in spanish? No. Look, Derek killed three people, okay? We don't know what he's armed with." Stiles sarcastically says before blaming Derek again.

   I clench my fist in anger. Derek didn't kill anyone.

   "Your dad is armed with an entire sheriff's department. Call him." Jackson demands in a harsher tone.

   Lydia dials the number on her phone. "I'm calling."

   "No, Lydia, would you just hold on a sec–" Stiles moves to stop her.

   Jackson cuts him off by shoving him backwards into Scott. Scott catches him with ease.

   "Yes, we're at Beacon Hills high school. We're trapped, and we need you to– but–" Lydia pulls her phone away from her ear in disbelief. "She hung up on me."

   "The police hung up on you?" Allison stares at her in shock.

   "She said they got a tip warning them that there are gonna be prank calls about a break–in at the high school. She said if I called again that they're gonna trace it and have me arrested."

   The Alpha planned all of this. He must have wanted all of us to be locked in here for some reason. He attacked Derek knowing that he would be able to save us. That means we'd only be able to rely on Scott. He doesn't even know what to do. We're good as dead.

   "Okay, then call again." Allison points at the phone.

   Stiles shakes his head. "No, they won't trace a cell and they'll send a car to your house before they send anyone here."

   Allison's face scrunches up in panic. I really should go over there and comfort her. That's what sisters do. "What the—what– what is this? Why does Derek wanna kill us? Why is he killing anyone?"

   That's it! I open my mouth to yell that Derek is innocent, quickly stopping when Scott rushes over to me and grabs my wrist. I narrow my eyes, annoyed. Scott shakes his head. Yanking my wrist out of his, I storm away and cross the room.

   Scott turns away. "Why's everyone looking at me?" He asks, nothing everyone staring at him.

   Lydia shoots a question. "Is he the one that sent her the text?"

   "No. I mean, I don't know."

   "Is he the one that called the police?" Allison fires away.

   I stop acting stupid and move next to my sister. Scott is too overwhelmed to comfort her. Allison loops her arm through mine, enjoying the security of me being by her.

   "I don't know!" Scott blows up on her.

   Something in me snaps and I push Scott away from my sister, who looks incredibly hurt. "Hey, don't yell at her."