Teach Me {Completed}

由 pinkiestwin

It was simple. She was beautiful. And I almost killed her. ---------- cover by AvaBrielle being edited 更多

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 1

13.7K 285 36
由 pinkiestwin

The day I almost killed her was simple.

A lot of things came out of it, but the one thing I remember the most was...was leaving her. I was giving her the best chance even if it meant a broken heart. She didn't deserve this, she didn't need me.

The day we meant was complicated itself. I sat in a dim lit café shop with my laptop staring me back, and a half finished plate of French fries by my side. I was so focused on finishing one of the last history papers I would have to do before summer started that I paid no mind to the time or the echoes of clapping people.

As soon as I hit the last key, I let out a sigh of relief, a breath that reduced all my anxious.

I threw a fry in my mouth, and started chewing it only to be hit with a brick of coldness hitting my teeth with barely any flavor that I decided to leave.

I saved my paper, closed my laptop, and grabbed my stuff. I started to head towards the door when I turn to listen to a phase that stuck with me till this day, 'a tainted love of which I called a friend.'

It wasn't until everything that I finally figured out what it meant to me. But I can tell you this, I wouldn't change a thing.

At that time, those words ran through my mind. The way the poet voice slowly sank with every passing word as if it was the last, really confused me.

I left bothering by what passing as summer here. The fact that it was June and the weather was below 70° really bothered. Summer was supposed to be hot, not feel like spring.

I got into my car, took of my sweater, and started the long drive home that was worth it. As long as I have a place to finish my work, I didn't mind.

When night fell down I could forget a day's worth of meaningless memories that allow my subconscious to live again.

I felt my eyes daze a bit, but I quickly woke up. Regaining control of my car, my eyes tried to set on the street light. They blurred until the only thing I could see were flashing of green, yellow, and red light.

I leaned down to only be jointed up by my own horn. I looked over to my phone, reading the time. "12:32 am."

That's when it happened.

When I looked up, the street light made me focus on the figure in front of me. I instantly hit the break, swerving to the left, and then to the right, trying to balance the car. Yet it was too late, my entire body shifted to a different position every few seconds until my heart felt like it had beaten out of my chest.

As soon as I looked straight up, I panicked.

I hesitated.

Looking through my side mirrors, all I could think of was my record. My perfect record would be ruined, and I'll be a suspect for so many things now.

I ran out the car, slamming the door shut. When I stopped in front of a body, I broke down. I fell to the ground, checking every pulse that I knew existed until a cough brought me back.

She coughed, groaning at the pain that probably went through her head. I picked her up, carrying her as quickly as I could to my car. I opened the back seat, and laid her down, pushing myself to the driver seat.

I drove like a manic.

I drove all the way to the hospital with her constant moans about the pain. I ran out the car and into the hospital calling for any help that I could get.

The nurse a tall man called a few of his co-workers to accompany her. They ran with a white sheet covering a long silver table, with a fluffy pillow onto. They carried her on top of the table, pushing her to an available room, while I follow shortly behind.

"What happened?" one of the nurses asked.

I stuttered, trying to speak. It came to the point he ignored me, and walked her into her room.

I couldn't go in.

I couldn't go in for about 28 frustrating minutes.

Outside, I paced around creating a drift, yet my mind was spinning with millions of questions:

Who was she?

What would she say?

Would she remember?

Will I be in trouble?

I kept pacing about, until the nurse came out telling me I could see her now.

She wasn't plugged in to the max like I expected. With tubs coming from every part of her arm, her leg being levitated, or her breathing through the tube.

But that wasn't the case.

Thank god too.

Instead, she laid there with a tube going through her left arm hooked up to heart monitor.

I pulled up a chair and sat next to her bed, waiting the fluxion of her breathing, waiting for her to regain conscience. She moved around a bit, before planting her eyes on me. Her forehead was stitched up, but barely noticeable with how well it blending with her skin, plus her hair was covering most of the scar.

I took her arm, rubbing it. "Hey." I began.

She furrowed her brows, staring at me confused. "Hi."

I sigh, "for a moment there I though you lost your memories."

"I didn't." she plainly said. "I know who I am."

"That's good." I paused. "Do you remember what happened?"

She tried to sit up, but I pulled her back down, standing up. "You hit me."

I nodded, looking elsewhere. Before I could respond, the door opened up, and the person that came through brought joy to me.

Damien walker walked through those doors, as I tried to hide the smile that fulfilled me. He had dark features just like her. Dark brown hair and dark brown eyes too.

He acted as if he didn't know me, moving over to her bed side. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave for a few minutes."

I nodded, knowing the programme.

"I'm going to go get some water." I tell her.

She gives a fake smile, turning to the doctor.

I left for a couple of minutes, lowering my head passing every security camera.

I found a water fountain, dank some, and heading back with a cup for her as well.

When I finally got back, Damien was closing the door so gentle. I quicken my pace to him. "What did she say?" My eyes widen with curiosity.

"She said she fell down a couple flights of stairs."

I shook my head confused for a moment. "She lied?"

I was surprised, even though this was my first incident. I just assumed that people usually told others what actually happened. Not cover up your potential killer.

I shook my head again, still confused. "Why did she lie?"

"You'll have to ask her that, but...she did say her life."

I titled my head waiting for an explanation.

Damien sighs, rolling his eyes. "The serves I do for your father specifically told me to make problems like this disappear. I would have given her a sedative. So in all, she saved her life by lying."

I thanked him.

"Any time. But next time, be careful. I can't be killing people to keep your record clean."

I scoffed, nodding while entering the room.

I locked the door behind me, and sat by her bed. "Hi again."

She slowly turned her head to me seeing the faint smile creeping upwards. "What?"

"Why did you lie? The doctor was grilling me about your story. I think he thought that I ran you over or hurt you."

"Wouldn't that make much more sense?" she chuckled.

"Yeah it would, but why did you do it?"

"Maybe I saw a scared kid."

A long paused followed before I could muster the strength. "Thank you."

She looked away, staring at the ceiling. "Don't thank me." her voice was cold and unattached.

"Okay? I'm Jack." I told her

She blinks twice before telling me hers. "Olive."

"So...Olive-"

She interrupts me. "You can go now. Your charity is over so I'm guessing your conscience is clear."

I tried to talk, but she eyed me.

"Okay?" I questioned.

I stood up and walked to the door. I looked back at her as her eyes were fixed on the window now. I smiled a bit, shaking my head at her. I closed the door behind, and walked to the front desk.

"Where do I pay the girl in room 218 bills?"

"We'll send you a bill, just leave your address." The receptionist tells me.

She hands me a printed out sheet of paper. I looked at paper with her name and other information, and wrote down my address.

"Thank you."

"Thank you." She repeated.

I took a seat in the waiting room, and that's where I slept.

---------------------

I hope you guys like my new story, so far.

Comment what you think so far.

comment, like & share.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

52.3K 830 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...
286K 9.7K 57
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ★★★ "Stop moving and stay still." "Then tell me where we are going then," I replied, getting annoye...
363K 12.1K 44
Started this when I was in my mafia phase and finally decided to finish it 2 years later so here ya go 😭 . . . . . . . #1 in #friendstolovers #1 in...
558K 14.4K 40
"you wanna know what's on my mind. How about the fact that my baby mama is going out in tight clothes and going on a little date to spare somebody's...