Frostbitten

Від DarthHux

Sif and Loki were good friends as children. But lately, things have changed. The kind, young prince she once... Більше

The Monster and the Maiden
Loneliness can Break Even the Strongest Hearts
Even Kings Lie
The Case of the Missing Prince
The Truth Comes Out
The Orchard
Attack on Asgard
An Emotion Like No Other
Dreaming of You
Into the Heart
Jotenheim
Familiar Words
Meet the Parents
Held Prisoner
Quiet Nights
Safe Haven
Meeting Mr. Stark
UPDATE: PLEASE READ
The Morning After
Gods of War and Heroes of Earth
The Children of Chaos
Odin's Coterie Doesn't Like Shawarma
Leave the Past Behind
Off to Asgard
The Jotun That Stole Christmas
Mother Dearest
A Decision Must be Made
A Widow's Web
What Should Have Been Done
The Return
Author's Note

Her Golden Locks

1.7K 48 14
Від DarthHux

"Tell another! Tell another!" Sif giggled, clutching her stomach for support.

Thor smiled, happy to have made her laugh. "Ok, why did the picture go to jail?"

Sif thought for a moment, another smirk appearing on her face. "Why?" she asked, when she had given up.

"Because it was framed!" The two children broke out into a new bout of laughter, causing many of the passerby's in the area to stare, but Sif and Thor paid no attention. Although, neither noticed the sad face of Loki who stood in the shadows looking on. Sif had promised to meet him in the orchard that afternoon in particular, as she hadn't shown up in a number of days.

Loki sighed and walked away. The one friend he had, had chosen the company of Thor over him, just like everyone else. He stared ruefully into the sky, knowing something had to be done to teach her a lesson. Then, a brilliant plan struck his mind. He smirked maliciously and ran to his room to devise the exact details.

After locking his doors, Loki snatched up the nearest piece of paper he could find and began to write out his scheme. He would cut all of Sif's prized golden hair to show her how something she valued so much could be taken away so easily. Not to mention, Loki was well aware of Thor's affinity for Sif's hair. The thought of his plan breaking their relationship apart, pleased Loki greatly. Eagerly awaiting the night's events, he reached over his desk and grabbed his sharpest pair of scissors that would surely do the deed.

That night, when the many moons of Asgard shone bright in the sky, the little God of mischief slunk in the shadows, praying he wouldn't be spotted by the watchful eyes of the guards. With his scissors in hand, Loki finally made it to Sif's home just outside of the palace. It was small, yet cozy looking with vines that clawed up the side of stone structure.

Much to his convenience, a wooden covering hung above the entrance, making it an ideal way to get upstairs and into Sif's bedroom, without making too much of a racket. Loki grabbed hold of the sides and hoisted himself up; glad of his many days in the orchard he spent climbing. Once on top of the roof-like structure, Loki peered into the windows and spotted the sleeping figure of Sif.

Carefully, he opened the latch and climbed in. She looked peaceful as she slept, but Loki knew once SIf awoke, that peacefulness would be long gone. He tiptoed over to her bedside and lifted her long, beautiful hair into his hands. "It's a shame this had to happen," Loki sighed, barely audible. Then, he snipped away every last strand until there was nothing left, but the bare skin on her head. He snickered as he looked down upon his work triumphantly. "See you in the morning, Lady Sif," he said before sneaking back out into the night.

Bloodcurdling screams echoed throughout all of Asgard. Guards raced from their posts to find its source, but when Loki awoke to its dreadful sound, he merely smirked. He knew his plan had been successful and he awaited the look on her face when she went crying to Thor, only for him to reject her for the loss of her beautiful hair.

When the time for training came upon Loki, he was already dressed and ready. He was also more than excited to make Sif's dreadful even day worse by taunting her. That would teach Sif not to ignore him again, he thought. 

Loki strutted into the training area as he scanned the scene for the bald girl he had once called friend. Although, she did not appear to be anywhere in sight.  He frowned slightly and turned heel to look for her. She had to at least be somewhere in the castle, but then it struck him that Sif was most likely still at her home, as even though  she was usually just proud, Sif could be vain, as well. Yet, as Loki thought more in depth around it, he realized she was probably just ashamed rather than absorbed in herself. 

Since Loki was lost in his own mind, he didn't notice until it was too late that a body had come hurdling towards him, smashing him into the wall. Whoever it was, they were bulky and clearly angry. Loki smiled a toothy grin when he saw it was his oaf of a brother, Thor. 

"How dare you!" Thor growled. "What did she ever do to deserve what you did?"

Loki laughed softly, "Must you be so vague, brother?"

Thor tightened his grip on the younger boy's neck, causing him to gasp slightly. "Alright! Alright!" Loki choked out and held up his hands in defense. Thor loosened his hold before Loki slumped down to take in a heavy breath. "It was merely a prank. I don't see the big deal. In my opinion, I think Sif's just being a drama queen. How'd you even know it was me, anyway?"

"You are the only one in Asgard that would pull such a stunt and you're completely out of your mind," Thor scoffed and completely let go of the trickster. His eyes were still trained on him, though."While there's nothing I can do about your deranged mental state, you, on the other hand better replace her hair."

Loki tilted his head to the side, "You are aware that I do not possess the power to give her a new head of hair. I can make appear as so, but she will not actually have it."

"Well, then figure out another way." The God of thunder said, and walked away, leaving Loki behind in the abandoned hallway, cursing out his brother under his breath. He had no idea how he was going to get Sif her hair back.

On most circumstances, Loki wouldn't even bother trying to fix what he had done, but he knew very well that Thor would find a way to punish Loki as harshly as he could. Perhaps he would even tell father what he had done. Loki's eyes grew wide with fright at the thought. At once, he knew what he had to do.

That day, Loki traveled in secret to the land of the dwarfs to have hair made for Sif by two of the finest craftsmen in the nine realms, Brokk and Eitri. They agreed to the prince's demands and began to work immediately. Loki stayed all night, frustrated at the length of time it took, but it the end, it was worth the wait. The hair that had been made for Sif shined brighter than a block of gold and was softer than wool. "This will do just fine," he remarked to the dwarfs. Although, when the hard workers asked for pay, Loki sneered to himself as he gave the illusion of whatever their cost had been. 

Little to his knowledge, the dwarfs had cursed the hair by making its strands of the blackness of night, itself. For they knew of his reputation of trickery and agreed to take precaution, deciding to only remove the darkness if he paid his dues. This time, they were right in their vigilance, as Brokk and Eitri discovered what he had done, they instead let him go as whatever he was up to, would not end the way he planned.

The two were correct. In Asgard, Loki managed to finally return to Sif's quiet, little home. Like he had done, only two days before, Loki climbed up to her window, the hair in hand. Once he came close to the window, he curiously looked inside to see a now bald Sif sobbing  by the side of her mirror. All of a sudden, Loki was struck with pity, but then he remembered why he had cut off her wonderful hair. She had betrayed him. His feeling of pity was long gone as Loki knocked loudly on the glass that separated the two. Her head shot up, giving Loki a glimpse at the terrible condition she was in.

Sif's eyes were red and puffy, while the girl's cheeks were heavily bearing many tears that had not yet fallen to the ground. She pulled open the window to let Loki in, instantly pulling him into a tight embrace. It then occurred to Loki that Thor had yet to inform Sif that it was he who had caused her this pain. The feeling of pity began ebbing its way back into his mind, though he tried desperately to fight it off.

"Hello, Sif." he said awkwardly.

Sif rubbed away a few stray tears before greeting him back, "Oh, Loki. Why have you come here? No one should see me this way, I am a disgrace."

Loki touched Sif's shoulder, trying his best to comfort her, before he revealed what he had done. "I have come here to apologize." He exclaimed.

She looked up at him in confusion, "Apologize for what?"

"I was the one that cut off your hair as you slept and for that I am very sorry." Loki went right out an admitted it.

Sif's sad eyes began to their change emotion. Now, Loki could almost feel her exploding with anger within. "How could you? I thought you were my friend?" she screamed with accusation. 

Loki folded his other arm behind his back, like the other had been placed. "It was just a prank, I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal. Either way, it doesn't matter. I have gotten you a gift that will surely make things better." He smiled and pulled out the hair to show Sif.

She gazed upon its beauty with wide eyes, "Where did you get such a thing?"

"I traveled all the way to the dwarfs just to have it made for you," Loki smiled, hoping that would convince the young girl to accept his offering.

"For me?"

Loki rolled his eyes, "That is what I said. Is it not?" Sif nodded and held out her hand to examine the hair piece. "It is charmed so that once you wear it, it will immediately take root and begin to grow long again." She smiled and started to lower the hair onto her head. Almost right then, the hair latched onto Sif's head and in the moment after, she looked just as pretty as always. Sif admired her new hair, just as Loki did, but almost out of nowhere, it began to turn the same raven color of Loki's hair. Sif gasped and tried frantically to stop it from changing, though it proved useless when the entirety of her hair was now fully cloaked in a color as black as night. 

"What have you done, Loki."

Author's Note: Wow, that was even longer than the last one! I'm at the beach and its a great place to write, its so relaxing. Also, I'm getting to the Sif and Loki romance, have patience! I want to have more of an actual story line than just Sif and Loki fonduing by the fire. (Did you understand that reference? *smiles like an idiot* ) Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed and keep in mind, I love getting feedback from you guys so please comment if I have any errors or if you just wanna chat! Byeeeeee!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

4.9K 159 6
𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓪𝓽 𝓪 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓸𝓵𝓭 𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 *****************...
9.4K 242 9
Ever since Eddie's death, you have missed him desperately. One day while going to his trailer, you discover something, extremely shocking,
1M 40.1K 49
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
224K 5.4K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...