It Started with a Snowball (A...

By kath_0324

Elsa did not know who Jack Frost was. But that is about to change when our adventurous hero searches fun in t... More

Chapter 1: The Encounter
Chapter 2 : Welcome to Arendelle
Chapter 3 : Disturbing News
Chapter 4 : Trust Me
Chapter 5 : Can You Keep a Secret?
Chapter 6 : Fear and Darkness
Chapter 7 : A Dream that was Pitch Black
Chapter 8 : Classified Information. Guardians Only.
Chapter 9 : Back to the North Mountain
Chapter 10 : No Place for You
Chapter 11 : Finally...
Chapter 12 : First Time in Forever
Chapter 13 : The Reponse
Chapter 14 : 'Beautiful' Aurora
Chapter 15 : Spreading Darkness
Chapter 16 : Assembling the Guardians
Chapter 17 : We Can...Together
Chapter 18 : Danger is Lurking
Chapter 19 : Out of Sight
Chapter 20 : Cruel Torture
Chapter 21 : Saviors
Chapter 22 : What Have I Done?
Chapter 23 : The Shield
Chapter 24 : Victorious, Yet Epic Fail
Chapter 25 : Stroll with Me?
Chapter 26 : A Slight Touch of Deja Vu
Chapter 27 : Happy and Lucky
Chapter 28 : It's a Date
Chapter 29 : Small Fights
Chapter 30 : Shocking Morning
Chapter 31 : Little Chaos
Chapter 32 : My True Love
Chapter 33 : Fun in the Courtyard
Chapter 34 : The Last Letter
Chapter 35 : Future of Us
Chapter 36 : Back to Arendelle
Chapter 37 : Go with the Flow
Chapter 38 : Fun, Excited, Nervous
Chapter 39 : Double Date Part 1
Chapter 40 : Double Date Part 2
Chapter 41 : Elsa and Anna
Chapter 42 : The Response for the Blessing
Chapter 43 : Moment of Truth
Chapter 44 : From Underground
Chapter 46 : Wish upon the Moon
Chapter 47 : Icy Dilemma
Chapter 48 : Gifts for Anna
Chapter 49 : Party Starts in 3, 2, 1...
Chapter 50 : Pangs of Jealousy
Chapter 51 : Despair
Chapter 52 : King Consort?
Chapter 53 : Judgement
Chapter 54 : A New Chapter
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT READERS!!!

Chapter 45 : Early Preparations

12.5K 277 206
By kath_0324

Jack:

I escorted Elsa to the garden and there we found Anna and Kristoff.

"You've made a decision?" Elsa asked, her voice calm and gentle.

"Yes. We actually did." Anna said nervously.

"We decided to keep it to ourselves for a moment. If that's okay?" Kristoff asked.

"Uhm... Okay?" Elsa replied, unsure of what was happening.

"We're still engaged! That's all you need to know." Anna added with a smile on her face.

"Why can't you tell us the decision??" I asked out of curiosity.

They both looked at each other and smiled. "That is between the both of us and no one else. You'll know when the wedding will be when we tell you." Anna beamed.

"Why???" I pouted.

"Because." Anna said blowing raspberry.

"But we're like family..." I frowned.

"Ha. ha. We still won't tell." Anna teased.

Elsa and Kristoff laughed, hearing our little argument.

"Enough already, both of you." Elsa said getting in between us. "You can keep your secret if you want to, Anna. Just don't surprise me on your birthday like you did on my coronation, okay? I'm sure that Jack will leave you alone some time soon."

"Don't worry. I won't." Anna squealed in delight.

"I will??" I asked, contradicting what Elsa just said.

"Yes you will." She said, looking at me in the eye.

"I don't know about that." I said with a sly grin. "We'll see if I can stop nagging Anna and Kristoff about it."

"We'll never tell you no matter what you do." Anna giggled. "Right Kristoff?"

"I'll see."

"What do you mean, you'll see??" Anna jumped at him.

Kristoff laughed. "I'm just kidding."

"You better be." Anna said glaring at him.

Elsa and I looked at them as they teased each other then I noticed Elsa tearing up.

"What's with the tears?" I asked a bit cheery.

"Nothing. I'm just happy that their happy." She said wiping her tears.

"Aww. My little Ice Queen's crying. Come here. I'll hug you." I wrapped my arms around her as she giggled softly, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Hey, what's with all the affection in here?" Anna teased making Elsa pull away and blush from embarrassment.

"Oh. I'm sorry about that." She chuckled nervously. "By the way, Jack and I finished fixing the ballroom for your party. Want to come and see it?"

"Ooohh! I bet it's beautiful!" Anna said with high expectations.

"Of course it is! You know why?" I asked Anna anticipating her answer to come back with a follow up.

"Because, Elsa was the one who arranged it?"

"No, well yes, but no. It's because I helped in preparing it." I said proudly as I float up in the air.

"You're so full of yourself." said Anna, crossing her arms across her chest. "I'm sure that it's beautiful even if you didn't help. This is Elsa we're talking about." she stated, hands pointing at her sister who was gracefully walking down the hall. Elsa wasn't bothered by that. She was always perfect in the way she does things. She doesn't leave a single thing unattended.

"Okay fine, whatever. It still looks great because I helped." I defended. "Here we are then." I glided down near the doorway of the ballroom.

"Wow! This is impressive." Kristoff said. "How did you guys do this this quickly?"

"Well, we got some help from Bunny. He was here a while ago. And of course Kai and the staff." Elsa responded.

"It's really amazing." Anna added. "I knew you could pull this off without me." she said clinging to her sister's arm.

"That's pretty much it. We still have to prepare the food and everything. And you have to practice." Elsa told Anna.

Elsa:

"Practice for what?" Anna asked.

"For your speech. Obviously. You have to express your gratitude for the guests who attended. I don't want you to be improvising because you tend to skip from one topic to another. So, we'll have to work on that."

"Do I really have to??"

"Yes, you do. We'll start after lunch. And as for you gentlemen, I'll have Gerda call the royal seamstress to have you fitted."

"Fitted? As in clothes??? Like formal clothes??" Jack asked, clearly disliking what is in store for him.

"Yes. I know you don't like it just from your tone but you have to. You have no choice."

"But I already forced myself to wear these boots for you." He pointed out.

"Are you saying you don't like them?" I gave him the eyebrow.

"It's not that I don't like them. I'm just not comfortable with shoes on."

"Then go barefoot. I won't mind, really. You didn't have to wait this long to tell me that you're uncomfortable with it. I don't want to force you on anything."

Jack took the boots off and placed it aside for a while. "I'll go grab it later and put it in the box in my room. Are you sure you're okay with this?" He asked.

"Yeah. It's fine." I smiled. I was okay. It wasn't a big deal. He should've said it earlier though so I wouldn't look like the one pushing him around. "But you still have to wear some shoes for the party. Got that?"

"Yes, maam!"

After a few minutes of looking around the ballroom, we had our lunch. They went ahead because I looked for Gerda and had her call the seamstress for the fitting.

When I got to the dining hall, Anna was goofing around and slowing herself down. This was because she hated talking in public. Ever since she was little. Even if it was just Mama, Papa and me she would get all embarrassed and cry.

"Hurry up, Anna. I just got here and I'm almost done. You aren't even halfway." I reprimanded.

"Relax Elsa. We still have a lot of time. We've got 2 more days and we can still practice before the party."

"Even so, Anna. We have to start now." I said as I took my last bite.

"Come on, Love. Ease up a bit." Jack said. What's with the new nickname? I asked myself. I wanted to ask him that since the first time but it didn't seem like a big deal. We can talk about that later.

"I can't ease up, 'love'. We need to prepare now." I answered.

"Warming up to your new nickname, huh?" He smirked. Okay, now he's brought it up.

"Why call me that anyway?"

"Nothing. Don't you like it?" Jack asked.

"I think it's kinda cute and sweet." Anna butted in, licking chocolate off her fingers.

Jack happily chuckled. "See, Anna thinks it's cute."

"I don't dislike it. Don't get me wrong. I'm just not used to it. And I was actually wondering where you got the idea of calling me that."

"Ahh. I just came up with it." Jack winked. "Get used to it. I might call you love as often as I want."

"Oh please don't. Ice Queen is enough." I shrugged. It was embarrassing. I don't think that I can stand being called 'love'.

"Come on. Don't be a party pooper. You'll get used to it, LOVE." He said emphasizing my new nickname.

"Alright fine. Have it your way." I said flushing in my seat.

"You're cheeks are turning red." Anna giggled.

"Whatever Anna. Just hurry up will you?" I chuckled under my breath.

"Can we not practice? I don't want to practice."

"You have to. Come on." I stood from my seat and started pulling Anna away from her chair.

"Nooooo!!! I don't want tooooo!!!" She screamed grabbing the end of the table.

"Jack, Kristoff, a little help?" I said, struggling my way to get Anna to practice.

They took their sweet time watching me drag Anna by myself until I started to scream at them as well that they hurried alongside me and help me get Anna to practice.

Jack had Kristoff carry Anna all the way down the Great Hall where I instructed him to.

"Thank you Kristoff." I said as Kristoff set Anna down.

"I hate all of you." Anna stomped.

"Go on, I'll handle Anna. You go get fitted by the seamstress." I instructed the two young men then turned back to Anna.

"It's just a short speech. You'll just have to thank them. That's all." i explained.

"The more reason there is not to practice." Anna sighed. "You know I hate stuff like these. You were always so good at speeches and declamations while I just fooled around. I can't do this Elsa. I get serious stage fright when I try to speak formally in front of a large crowd."

"That's why we are going to practice. I believe in you Anna. I know you can do it. You did try to persuade me to stop the winter and that took a lot of courage. This one does too. But more on confidence. Let's start slow; walking with grace."

I helped Anna on being the Princess that she should be. We started on the way she walks, then the way she greets people, the way she calls for someone, the way she talks... everything. I know that this is sort of controlling but it is also for her own good. I wouldn't want anyone to say something bad against my sister. Especially not on her birthday.

Jack:

Kristoff and I made our way to meet this seamstress. Gerda led us to a room filled with fabrics and sewing materials. Kristoff was the first one that got fitted. I simply played with a snowflake, making it swirl around my palm as I waited for my turn.

When it was finally my turn to get myself fitted, I felt a bit nervous because I never had anyone make clothes for me. Especially not a suit. I stood straight on the platform and did my best to stand up like a 'noble'.

I know that I'm childish and everything. I love to have fun and get goofy. But this time around, I want to be my best for Elsa. I mean for Anna. No, Elsa... For Anna's birthday. I don't want her to get into trouble because of me. I want to be perfect like her, for her.

"Can't breathe!" I gasped as the seamstress wrapped the tape measure around my neck.

"Sorry, Sir." she quickly loosened it and continued on measuring all the things that needed to be measured; legs, arms, torso, and what else.

"What color would you like your suits be?" She asked after she wrote down my measurements on a piece of paper.

"Kristoff, you answer her first. You were the first one who got yourself fitted." I said pushing him forward.

"I'll probably match it with what Anna is wearing. Has she specified what color her dress will be?" Kristoff inquired.

"Not yet, Sir Kristoff but she and the Queen will be meeting me later for their fitting. I'll then know what color her dress will be. Will the same conditions apply for you, Sir Jack?"

"Huh?"

"She's asking whether you'd like to partner your suit with Elsa's dress." Kristoff whispered.

"Oh, that. Yes, I would like that as well." I sat down the couch nearby and stared out the door waiting for Elsa to show up.

I settled down, rubbing my fingers on my temples. My head was started to ache. "Hey, are you alright, Jack?" Kristoff asked.

I was surprised that he was right behind me. I must've been spacing out for so long that I didn't even notice that it was already nighttime. I placed myself back to reality and turned to Kristoff. "Yeah, I'm fine bud. Just a little headache."

"You should take a rest. We, rather. We've been waiting here for hours and Anna and Elsa still hasn't shown up. What do you think they're doing right now?" Kristoff mumbled.

"Wanna go check?" I suggested bolting up the couch. Argh! My head. I feel like it's splitting in half.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look really pale." Kristoff asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, really. I've always been pale." I chuckled it off. "Come on, let's go check on the ladies."

I rushed towards the Great Hall and slowly opened the doors. I could hear Anna complaining and Elsa telling her what to do...

"Elsa I'm really tired. Can't we continue this tomorrow???" Anna grumbled.

"Not until you perfect that curtsy. You do it in such a rush. You're not being chased. Do it slowly yet not that slow. With poise and grace not force." Elsa instructed.

I opened the doors when Kristoff finally caught up with me. "Hey, how's the practice going?" I asked.

"Exhausting!!!" Anna said as she dropped to the floor.

"Anna, up." Elsa ordered.

She was scary. Not in a bad way. It's only that she looked really strict. "Smile, love. You look really angry." I told Elsa.

"I'm not angry. Just as exhausted as Anna is." She sighed. "How was the fitting?"

"It was great. It went well." I said in a low tone.

"He almost got choked." Kristoff laughed.

"Hey, it wasn't my fault." I sprung at him. "It was hers. I think she wanted to kill me." I joked.

We all laughed. It wasn't that funny, but after a long day... It seemed so.

"And speaking of fitting, I think we should do that tomorrow. We all need some rest. We go straight to bed after dinner." Elsa said. And we did.

After we had eaten our dinner, she dropped by the guest room where the seamstress was in and found her sleeping. Elsa left a note saying they'll have their fitting tomorrow and I escorted her to her room.

"So, goodnight then. I'll be in the other room." I chuckled.

"Goodnight, Jack." Elsa greeted as she leaned in closer and kissed me on the cheek.

I wasn't gonna let her do all the action so I held her nape and kissed her lips gently yet thoroughly, earning me a slight moan from her. I pulled away and gazed at her face. Her cheeks were pink as roses and her eyes glistened like stars in the night sky. "Goodnight, Elsa, my love." I smiled and turned my back on her. I took one quick glance at her before entering my room. It turned out that she was trailing me with her eyes and she smiled and disappeared into her room.

I laid myself down my bed, my head was still aching slightly but it was bearable. That kiss kinda did the trick. I joked in my head making me chuckle. I let my staff stand by the edge of the bed and I curled up in a ball and slept.

. . .

Eugene:

"Mom, Dad, are we there yet?!" Rapunzel, my wife, asked her parents full of excitement.

"Around three more days, dear." My mother-in-law, the Queen of Corona said in response.

"I just can't wait to meet them!" She squealed.

"Calm down, my daughter. You'll meet them in due time." Her dad, my father-in-law obviously, chuckled at his daughter's enthusiasm. We were having a lovely dinner on the boat. The moonlight shining brightly and the sound of the ocean calming us.

"You better save all that energy for when we get there." I told Rapunzel.

"Eugene, I can't." She swooned. "I'm just so excited to meet my cousins. Did you know that Elsa can control ice and snow??"

"Yup. You told me that days ago. On this exact same spot on the boat." I rolled my eyes. "You need to calm down."

"Okay okay!!" She squealed. "I'll calm down. But how many more days before we get there??" She asked.

"3 days max, dear." King Thomas said. "You better sleep your excitement off. Tomorrow it'll be two more days and we're in Arendelle."

"Aww. Okay, Dad. Come on, Eugene. Let's go." Rapunzel stood up and grabbed me by the arm.

"Wait! The grape!" I shouted, reaching for the last piece of grape on the platter. "Okay, we're good." Then I let myself get dragged by my wife.

When we got to our room Rapunzel quickly rummaged through the closet. "What are you looking for now?" I asked her.

"A presentable gown." She giggled. "What do you think about this?" She held up a purple gown with a bit of gold in it.

"It looks good." I smirked as I sat down on a chair near the bed.

"Just good?" She asked. "But this is like the prettiest gown that I have." She sighed.

"Hey. It's just good because you're not wearing it yet." I said sweetly.

"Aww. You're so sweet." She made her way beside me and run her fingers through my hair. "I love you, Eugene." She nuzzled her nose against my hair.

"I love you too, My dear Rapunzel." I kissed her neck and up to her cheeks and to her lips. She giggled in between our kiss. "That tickles." she said, removing my hand from her waist.

I chuckled and smiled at her. "Let's go to sleep now. I don't want you getting yourself in trouble." I placed my hand on her belly and caressed it.

"Alright, let's get some rest." she said as she stood up and laid herself down the bed. "Come here." she patted the beside of the bed.

I followed her instruction and laid down beside her. We snuggled in bed and talked about what could we do when we get to Arendelle. Punzie talked about how she would make Elsa make snowmen and let it snow. And I talked about how I would be there for her and bond with her cousins with her. And thank the Lord if her cousins have boyfriends or husbands because I don't think I would last in there with just ladies.

We talked and talked until we had nothing to talk about. We just snuggled and then she fell asleep. I looked at her and I felt really happy. Its because I was married to a very beautiful brunette that meant everything to me. She was my sun, my light, my love and in a few months she'll be a mother to our lovely baby. I just can't wait for that to happen. In 8 months, I'm gonna be a father. I took a glance at her face for the last time today and then slept with my beautiful wife in my arms.

. . .

Hello hello.. I'm gonna be leaving for a while.. D; I'll be back by the 21st.. Ö So I may not post a new chapter again. I'm sorry if this is kinda lame and it took me soooo long to post.. I'm really sorry. I hope you still like it.. I'll do better next time.. I've got ideas.. Swear.. Hehe.. See you soon snowflakes.. Thanks for reading.. ❄️ i love you all.. ~karyned23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.3K 14
❝A winter spirit and a princess form a bond that lasts until the end of time.❞ Elsa has shut everyone out and has closed her heart from the people s...
2.2M 69.4K 53
Trapped in a kingdom of Isolation, Elsa was never accepted by the people in her kingdom. She never had a proper childhood. She never experienced love...
11.5K 198 15
Back at North pole after years from what happened to the Arendelle Family, the globe of North's is being strange again. Children stopped believing at...
6K 362 24
So Anna and Kristoff are on their honeymoon. Elsa is left with duties for her kingdom. But what happens when Jack Frost comes to visit Elsa? And what...