Who's A Cat!!

By Kazcrow

Izaya suddenly turns into a neko and trys to keep it a secret from Shizuo. What happens when he finds out? Ho... More

Cat?! Where!?
ch.2 Ears and a tail
ch.3 The visit
Ch.4 Shizu-chans house
Ch.5 Feelings in music
Ch.6 Shizu-chan?
Ch.7 Should have known
Ch.8 Demon child
Ch. 9 I don't want it
Ch. 11 Trapped between nightmares and reality
Ch.12 Switch
Ch.13 Absolutely not
ch. 14 Coffee!
Ch. 15 No.
Ch. 16 Tickle fest

Ch. 10 Still a cat..

351 12 2
By Kazcrow

I woke up to snoring, it was almost as if it was right next to me. As soon as I opened my eyes I knew why. The beast was sleeping next to me again. I jumped up and ran out the room. This was not happening. It was then I realized my hat was gone. Now I was really freaking out. When I'm a vampire my hair hides my ears. Time to improvise, I used my hood.

I went to leave, but all the windows hardly opened. There was just enough space for a small feline to go through, so I made sure no one was there and turned into a cat. I was almost thankful that I was part cat, almost.

"Hi there kitty, what are you doing? Maby I should call you Izaya instead. It's alright, I knew you were turned into a half cat. Even Shizuo knows, we saw the ears and tail. Stop scratching me, I'm not letting you go." Shinra said as I was scratching him trying to get away as he brought me back to Shizu-chan. I finally managed to escape, but felt something tug my leg. Another shadow, great.

"Hi kitty stay right there. Don't move. You'll make some nice cat stew." Said a man hold a net. Nope, moving defidently moving. I was not going to become cat stew. I ran as fast as I could away from him. Only to end up between him and a busy street.

Here goes nothing. Into the street I run. Dodging cars, bikes, and people. I used my survival instincts and made it to the other side alive with only a few bruises and cuts. I thought I was done for all over again.

Then I was chased by dogs. I almost died at least fifty times by the time the day was done. Then I hid because the wo4ld was so different from a card point of view. The next morning I returned to my house and curled up on the couch. I was to exhausted to transform back.

I woke up to being held by the scruff of my neck. I pawed sleepily at what was grabbing me. After a few seconds I gave up and started to fall back asleep. That is until I was falling. I ended up in the tub.

It felt horrible, the water was sticking to my coat. I was wide awake and jumped out of the tub, or tried to. "Izaya get back in the tub, your filthy. What exactly happened yesterday? Turn back into a human." Shizu-chan said as I was caught by Celtys shadows and plopped back in the tub.

I wasn't going to transform back, not when Celty, Shinra, and Shizu-chan were watching. I still had my pride, I was going to get out of here. I meowed a response and jumped toward Shizu-chan. He caught me, but my nails dug into his skin and he dropped me.

I ran into my bedroom and somehow managed to lock the door behind me. I went into my bathroom and took a shower. Then I put on some clean clothes and walked to the washing machine, my clothes were soaked from the bath I was almost forced into, but they were still full of blood and sweat.

"What do you want? I'm tired and have work to do, so leave." I said as I took some pills.
"No, what happened yesterday? You look awful. What were those pills?" Shizu-chan asked. I shrugged and went to get the mail. It was mostly boring stuff, but I found five threats! I smiled and added them to the pile of threats that almost filled my desk drawer.

Then a phone rang in my room. I left to go get it, leaving everyone in the living room. It was Shiki, wondering if I finished the job that was completed a few days ago. Even with this mess I wasn't going to stop working.
"Yes Shiki, I'll deliver it there right away. Who do you think I am, of course there wasn't any trouble. You have another job for me so soon. Yes, yes I'll be their in ten minutes. See ya then Shiki." With that our conversation ended and I ended up in the living room with everyone watching me.

"Leave already. I have to go meet up with someone, you all have work to do." I said putting on my favorite fur lined jacket.

"I have the next month off, Toms on vacation. Where you go I go, why do you have so many threats?" Shizu-chan said. I should have known he'd go through my drawer, oh well. Shinra and Celty shrugged and said they were free.

I sighed, movements were heard outside my door and I reached into my jacket for a few blades. I unlocked the door and hurriedly jumped back. Three guns shot off in front of me. I dodged each one and threw my knives at them, knocking them out. I then reached over and called room service.
"Hi it's me again. Those three gunshots are from robbers in my room, pick them up if you could. Yes again, it's not my fault they always come to get me. Yes I know it's only Wednesday and you've had to pick up thirty. Their just jealous of me, I can't help it. I have to go though, so pick them up. Bye bye." I then continued on my way as if nothing happened. It didn't, of course effect me, not anymore.

As I got closer to Shikis, the bad feeling in my stomach grew worse. Of course I also noticed three persistent annoying people failing at tailing me, except Celty.

I arrived at me and Shikis meeting place. Those under him seemed nice, but only by meets the eye standards. I always hear them talk about me behind my back, but it doesn't bother me. I can't let stuff like that stop me from doing things, I let that stuff slide long ago.

Shiki on the other hand was nice to me. He was an aqantance that was concerned in a business way. He was almost like a friend, but far from it at the same time. "Hello Shiki, I got the information you want right here. It wasn't hard or dangerous, but fun. So what's this new job?" I said handing him a file. I like getting right to the point, I don't like beating around the bush.

"Straight to the point as always I see. I also see that I can count on you to always be ready for a call. This information would have taken anyone else weeks to collect. Anyway the next thing isn't exactly a job. This guy was asking about someone who resembles you. I had my people try to dig things up about him, but they didn't get much.

They mostly got the fact that he's very dangerous. Almost as dangerous as Shizuo Heiwajima. I'd try not to get involved with anything involving him. I would hate to lose an old business partner who does his job well." He said handing me a very thin file. See what I mean, you'd think we were friends if not for the business part. "Well done Shiki. I'll try, but you know me, always getting into dangerous things. Oh, and don't worry you won't lose me to anyone. I'm quite hard to pin down you know, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to survive this life and Shizu-chan. Well, see you Shiki. Call me if you have any more jobs I can help you with." With that I left.

I continued to ignore the pests until I got back to my apartment. They forced their way inside and just stared at me. Oh well, might as well start digging stuff up on this guy. As soon as I saw the picture though, the blood drained from my face. It was a very familiar name, one of the few true vampire hunters left that fought anything that wasn't human. I hated this particular family, they were scientists and cruel.

"What's wrong, you look pale. Who is it?" Shinra said grabbing the file. Then Shadow appeared and answered with a voice I no longer had. "A very skilled Vampire Hunter. That family is cruel and relentless. Apparently he was asking questions about Izaya." He was met with open mouths and I got up to make myself some tea.

As I took the kettle off the stove I felt a hand on my shoulder. Instincts kicked in and I threw the hot water at them along with some knives at their vital points. My mind hadn't processed who it was that touched me, but when I turned around in flight or fight mode I say two people.

Shadow turned into a wall to block what I threw at who was supposed to be my attacker. "Shizu-chan!? What were you thinking! Don't do that, warn me next time! What exactly were you going to do anyway." I said as I cleaned the wall up and Shadow  came back.

"I was going to tell you you'd be fine! What do you mean warn you, we we've been trying to get your attention for the last minute! What kinda attack was that anyway? Why'd you attack me, and don't say because you felt like it. I saw a weird look in your eyes, now explain!" Shizu-chan said staring at me. I hated being stared at, like I was expected to do something.

"I don't need your help or support. I was just making myself some tea and I felt your hand on my shoulder so I decided to test your reflexes, that's all. Now, leave me alone, I'm making myself another cup of tea." I turned back to making tea, but when he didn't respond I snuck a look over my shoulder and say him concernly staring at me.

"What is it? Quit staring at me, I didn't-" that's when I felt something sticky and wet on my forehead. It was blood. Now that I realized it was there I realized I was covered in it. The cuts from when I was there started opening again.

One of the side effects of thinking to much about those times. "First aid kit if you will, Shadow. I can do it myself, it's fine. I'll be back in a few seconds." I said as I headed off into the bathroom to clean myself up.

"Tea isn't going to fix this mess this time is it. Well, with my luck these days what can I expect? Maybe I should cause Shizu-chan to go on a rampage and distract him. Or a full out gang war could do the trick too. Maybe even both, that'd be fun. If only for me. Oh well can't be helped. Now, how should I make him go on a rampage? Mess with his brother? Maybe, but I do like him. Tom? Celty? Veronica? Orrrrrr maybe himself. That would be hilarious, him getting so mad at himself he goes into a rampage and destroys the town. Sounds fun, I'll give it it a try." With that I hopped back to the living room.

"Flea, are you afraid of that guy?" Was what I was met with. I immediately stopped and smiled my special grin as I said, "No, why would you think that? I'm not afraid of anything or anyone. I just don't like him, that's all."

"Liar, I can tell your afraid. Just ask for help and we'd gladly give it to you. I'll even be your bodyguard 24/7 if you want. Celty could keep an eye out for him and Shinra can ask his patients what they know. Just ask for help, or something like it." He said walking up to me and held his arm out.

He can be very perceptive sometimes and I hate it, but I won't ask for help. My pride and experience won't allow me to. So I said the only thing I could that wouldn't destroy my beliefs. "Do what you want. Just don't bother me with your decisions protozoen. I'm going for a walk, see ya."

(Shizuos P.O.V)

After Izaya fell asleep Shadow started telling us about him. "He's always ready for a challenge, especially Shizuos. He also has better hearing, eyesight, taste, and his sense of smell is a lot better than yours.

Especially now because he helped a supernatural being that was a cat and gained ears and a tail as a thank you. He's not evil at heart, only pretends to be that way. He's gone through more things than you can imagine, practically alone. All his life it's been that way, even though he has me.

He won't let anyone in because he's always been betrayed. He may be smiling or laughing, but that's not always how he feels. Please be there for him and help him when he needs it. He's to prideful and his experiences have made him refuse these these things.

You may have to force him a little, but hang out with him and know that when he says he's alright he's really not. He also sometimes..... looses it. Anything else you'll have to get from him. Oh! He can also now turn into a cat. I almost forgot to tell you.

I was about to ask what he meant by 'looses it' when we heard violent tossing and turning. We ran over to the source and found Izaya. He had a pained expression and was breathing heavy. Shadow walked up to the bed and say on the edge. He forcefully stopped the tossing and turning, then he was petting Izaya while telling him everything would be alright.

He motioned for me to come over and take his place after a while. I did, of course. Instead of sitting next to him, Shadow said to lay next to him. It was strange, but I did it. As soon as I got as comfortable as I could Izaya hugged me. I was shocked and when I looked at everyone else they were to. I also realized he had calmed down again.

"Feel free to move around, he won't wake up as long as he feels something peacefully familiar close to him. Oh, he also sings or hums in his sleep when he feels really comfortable.

Just like that he was singing and music came from no where.

"When the cold winds are calling and the sky is clear and bright, Misty mountains sing and beckon. Lead me out into the light.
I will ride. I will fly. Chase the wind and touch the sky. I will fly. Chase the wind and touch the sky.
Where dark routes hide secrets, and mountains are fierce and fold. Deep waters hold reflections of times lost long ago.
I would need every story. Take hold of my own dream, be as strong as the seas are stormy and as proud as an eagles skeene ( I see or seen)
I will ride. I will fly. Chase the wind and touch the sky. I will fly. Chase the wind and touch the sky.
And touch the sky.
Chase the wind, touch the sky."

During this Shadow did something and we saw his dream. He looks younger and happier at this time. He's traveling over mountains and rivers. He's enjoying himself, seeing how far he'll go. You could also tell that he's a dare devil, he's jumping off mountains and cliffs. All in all, he looks peaceful and relaxed as if he didn't have a care in the world.

After a few minutes we were back to reality. "Those days were so much fun. The only complaint I have is he was wild and reckless. That's how he used to be, but things have changed. I have to go, try to bond with him a little when he wakes up." Shadow said before disappearing. I turned to Shinra, but he had an evil look on his face that made scared for Izaya.

"Go to sleep, me and Celty have work to do." He said then walked out. I decided to do as he said and fell asleep. I woke up to a sleeping Izaya. He looked cute, especially with his ears showing. I took his hat off and smiled, they looked so soft. Before I knew what was happening, I was scratching him behind the ear. Then he started purring. Purring! I like him better when he has his guard down and masks off, was my last thought before I fell asleep again.

I returned to reality when I heard windows being forcefully opened, or tryed to be. I got up and quietly went in the direction of the kitchen. I arrived to see Izaya turn into a black cat. He then went out the window, but Shinra grabbed him and said he knew who it was. From my point of view it looked like Izaya was panicking and started scratching and biting Shinra. When he was dropped he ran.

"That hurt! Izaya get back here!" Was yelled, but he was already gone. "He'll come back, this is his home." I told Shinra. The rest of the day we picked up his house and cleaned everything. Clean start begins with a clean life, right? By the time we went to bed I was worried. That night I was restless.

I woke up to a stench the next morning. Apparently Shinra did to because I found him on the way to the living room. We saw a cat that was bleeding, covered in mud and stank on the couch. "He needs a bath." I stated as I picked him up by the scruff of his neck. He sleepily pawed at me, but then started falling asleep again.

I filled the water to a warm temperature and dropped him in. He was wide awake now, and freaked out. He tried jumping out, but Celty put him back in. "Izaya get back in the tub, your filthy. What happened yesterday? Turn back into a human." I said and swore I saw him smile, it was freaky. Then he meowed a response and jumped toward me. I fought him out of reflex, but his nails dug into my skin and I dropped him.

He ran into his room and locked the door. Moments later he was in the shower and in about two minutes he emerged looking like nothing happened. How do you take showers that short, it's not possible!

Then he put dirty stinky clothes in the wash and told us to leave as he took some pills. I asked him about them and what happened, but he ignored me. Then he got the mail and smiled armed pleased with about five of them. Then he put them in a drawer filled with other letters.

When I was about to ask about them a phone rang and he went to get it. I investigated and found they were death threats from various people. This was wrong, how's they know his address anyway?

When he came back he was talking to a guy named Shiki and said he was on his way. He told us to leave again, but I have the month off and I'm sticking around him. Then I asked about the threats, but he didn't answer.

Then the door was broke down by a few guys, but before I could react to the guns that had fired they were taken care of. Izaya called someone and told them to pick the guys up. He seemed to be discussing things, but the thing that caught my attention was when he said it was only Wednesday and they had to pick up thirty. Thirty!!! That's a lot! How many times does he get attacked in his own home? Why'd he so calm about it? After a few more seconds he hung up and nonchalantly left.

We tailed him to and from the meeting place. Then we forced our way in to his house again and watched him. He had a file. When he opened it though, the blood seemed to drain from his face. Shinra asked what was wrong because he turned pale. Shadow told us it was a cruel and relentless vampire Hunter who was asking about Izaya.

Then Izaya got up and started making tea. We tried to get his attention, but he was almost in what seemed like a trance. I walked up to him to give him my support, but I was flung backwards and boiling hot water and knives came flying at me. I also saw what looked like a frightened look on his face. Just before I was impaled and burnt a wall was in front of me and I was saved.

After my shock at almost being murdered my throwing knives and hot water I realized everyone was shocked, even Izaya. "Shizu-chan!? What were you thinking!  Don't do that, warn me next time! What exactly were you going to do anyway." Then Shadow came back.

He could've killed me, why was I helping the louse again?! "I was going to tell you you'd be fine! What do you mean warn you, we've been trying to get your attention for the last minute! What kinda attack was that anyway!? Why'd you attack me, and don't say because you felt like it. I saw a weird look in your eyes, now explain!"

Then he got angry at me for being concerned! "I don't need your help or support. I was just making myself some tea and I felt your hand on my shoulder so I decided to test your reflexes, that's all. Now, leave me alone. I'm making myself another cup of tea." Then he turned around.

I was about to respond when I realized his whole back was wet. What in the world? Then it dripped to the floor. It was red. Is that blood?!  I can see cuts opening up on his arms and legs, what's happening? Then he turned around and yelled, "What is it? Quit staring at me, I didn't-"

Then he stopped and put his hand on his head and his eyes widened when he realized it was blood. "First aid kit if you will, Shadow. I can do it myself, it's fine. I'll be back in a few seconds." Then he left to the bathroom.

"Those were some cuts that he got last time he was there. They open up whenever he thinks to much about those times his mind and body then he starts going back to then. I can tell you right now he's thinking of a plan to distract the Hunter and it probably involves you." Shadow explained.

That made no sense though because it would mean he's afraid. "I'll protect him then, because I'm the one that he enjoys fighting with not that guy." I muttered to myself, but everyone heard it. "Ya, me and Celty can ask around. Anytime he needs help or someone to talk to me and Celty are always there." Shinra said, then Izaya came back without a trace that anything happened.

"Flea, are you afraid of that guy?" I asked seriously. Of course he didn't do the same, but I swear I saw him flinch before he gave his best creepy smile and said, "No, why would you think that? I'm not afraid of anything or anyone. I just don't like him, that's all."

He was lying to himself and me. "Liar,I can tell your afraid. Just ask for help and we'd gladly give it to you. I'll be your bodyguard 24/7 if you want. Celty could keep an eye out for him and Shinra can ask his patients what they know. Just ask for help, or something like it." I said as I walked towards him and put my hand out.

I was hoping that he would accept it, but he didn't take my hand. He walked towards the door and said, "Do what you want. Just don't bother me with your decisions protozoen. I'm going for a walk, see ya." He said. It wasn't a no and for that I was thankful. We all left with him, maby be he's starting to warm up to us. Just a little.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.3K 19
Izaya questions all he ever works and lives for. Then when finding the answer he looses himself completely. Spiraling into a depression he can't pull...
3.1K 67 19
My one true otp, Orihara Izaya and Heiwajima Shizuo! They're gonna do lots of cute things in this fanfic. They are also going to lots of bad things. ...
38K 1.5K 20
When izaya came to realize that he had somehow developed feelings for the monster of ikebokuro, he tried to hide them. But everytime he would face th...
13.1K 368 16
i can't understand why i am always do this??i am hurt people who around me...(this is izayas' love story and it will be shizaya..)..