𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 | stiles...

By dyiansobrien

BORDERLINE [BOOK ONE OF FIVE] ✧ Harper Verum agreed to help her best friends find a dead body a little too wi... More

[ cast! ]
[ playlist! ]
[ prologue! ]
[ one ] body hunting
[ two ] you're a werewolf, scott
[ three ] big bad wolf
[ four ] new plan
[ five ] thank you, too
[ six ] dream come true
[ seven ] batman doesn't have you
[ eight ] werewolf in need
[ nine ] a cure
[ ten ] alpha attack
[ eleven ] happy right here
[ twelve ] anger management class with stiles
[ thirteen ] go to hell stiles
[ fourteen ] bitten
[ fifteen ] nurse stilinski
[ sixteen ] kiss it better
[ seventeen ] full moon
[eighteen] liar
[ nineteen ] jackass knows
[twenty] hale no
[twenty one] babe
[twenty two] stiles approved
[twenty three] no control
PART TWO
[ twenty five ] the weekend after
[ twenty six ] lost in the woods
[ twenty seven ] new werewolves, new hunters
[ twenty eight ] operation save isaac
[ twenty nine ] erica freaking reyes
[ thirty ] not gay
[ thirty one ] six foot lizard man
[ thirty two ] kanima
[ thirty three ] the kanima theory
[ thirty four ] larper protection programme
[ thirty five ] get in loser, we're going kanima hunting
[ thirty six ] quick kisses
[ thirty seven ] restraining order
[ thirty eight ] detention with harris
[ thirty nine] plan: take down jackson
[ forty ] raving
[ forty one] a stalker
[ forty two ] dead parents
[ forty three ] hostage
[ forty four ] bleeding out
[ forty five ] recovery
[ forty six ] a threat
[ forty seven ] confessions
[ forty eight ] the end
dear scott
dear stiles

[twenty four] i love you

38.5K 1.4K 1.8K
By dyiansobrien

c h a p t e r    t w e n t y f o u r
i love you

Harper came to when she heard the sound of a scoff and then silence. Well, silence other than the noise of a car driving and the squeaking of metal. She automatically knew that she was laying across the backseats of the jeep. Stiles' jeep.

The girl groaned, feeling an intense pain in her head. It was as if her entire body was on fire and a nail was being forced into the back of her skull. Harper wanted to throw up from the sensation, her stomach was aching and her throat felt sore.

The car jolted from beneath her. "Harper?" A frantic voice came. Stiles' frantic voice.

"Don't stop driving." A forceful voice came.

Harper knew it was Peter's, and his voice only seemed to add to the pain in her head. Her brown eyes flickered open and she tried to remember what had happened. The last thing she remembers is dancing with Stiles.

Her head rested on his chest, one of his hands tangled in her perfectly curled hair as she swayed to the beat of the overplayed music with him. She had never felt so comfortable and safe in somebodies arms, and yet it was all over within minutes.

"Sti," Harper muttered, forcing herself to sit up slightly.

Her petite frame leaned against the side of the car, beads of sweat stuck to her forehead as she panted slightly, feeling so sick. It felt like she was going to pass out again, the pain so intense that she had to shut her eyes again for a second.

"Harper are you okay?!"

Harper didn't reply because it felt like she couldn't. In fact, she couldn't. Her lips literally felt like they had been sewn together, forbidding her from uttering a single word or making another noise. She panicked, shooting up in her seat, only for Peter to send her a smirk through the mirror.

"What-" Stiles looked over at Peter briefly before looking back at the road. "Stop that! What are you doing to her?"

Peter just sat back, that annoyingly calm smirk printed on his face. "I have control over the Empath."

Stiles' face scrunched up in anger and confusion. "What does that even mean!?"

Harper wanted to know too, but of course she couldn't ask, since apparently Peter wasn't letting her talk. She tried to remain as calm as possible, but it was hard knowing a pyschotic killer-alpha was controlling her.

Peter chuckled. "You guys clearly didn't do all of your research."

Harper shot him a look that basically meant 'piss off'.

"Someone with enough power can control an Empath. It takes a special connection to do so. I bit Harper, so we automatically have one." Peter explained extremely monotone. "I can give her commands, manipulate her emotions, you guys Google the rest."

Stiles glared at him. "I don't suppose you'll tell us how to disconnect her from you?" He spat sarcastically, his knuckles turning white as he gripped the steering wheel so hard.

Stiles had never felt so much hatred for one person. Or thing. All he wanted was for his girlfriend to be okay and for Peter to leave so that they could live a normal life. Well, as normal as werewolves and empaths get.

"That's for the Empath to work out herself." He took a glance back at the teenage girl.

Her eyes were half closed, feeling herself slip out of conciousness once again.

"Harper, you need to stay awake, babe." Stiles ran a spare hand through his buzz cut, but Harper didn't last another second.

☹☻

Harper was aware of her surroundings again when she felt arms around her and somebody carrying her somewhere. The sound of an elevator pinging and then opening filled her ears before she felt the person take her somewhere else quickly.

"Can somebody help?" Stiles, the person carrying her, yelled frantically. "Something's wrong with my girlfriend!"

"Stiles!" Harper heard Sheriff Stilinski hiss as his footsteps came over. "What the hell happened!?"

"I-my- I lost the key- I lost the keys to the jeep and I had to run all the way here-" It hurt Harper to hear him stammer and sound so broken.

"Stiles, I don't care!" Sheriff suddenly yelled. "What happened to Harper?"

Stiles sniffled as somebody took Harper's body away from him. The last thing she head before she lost conciousness again was Stiles talking.

"I- I ran with her in my arms for three miles, dad. I just want her to be o-okay. I love her."

☹☻

Harper jolted awake, gasping for air. Arms immediately wrapped around her, pulling her into their embrace. The young brunette sobbed loudly, clinging to her boyfriend's chest, salty tears casading down her pale cheeks.

"Shh, I've got you. I've got you." Stiles mumbled, stroking her hair as he held her close. "It's okay. It's okay."

Harper continued to cry, no signs of calming down any time soon. Stiles let her cry on him, just relieved that she had actually woken up. The doctor's had told everybody that she collapsed since she was showing signs of sickness- a temperature, pale skin.

They had no idea that it was because she had been being controlled by an alpha. Stiles researched it and apparently these were side effects. It took a lot of effort to control an Empath, and a special bond between the two people.

In order for the Empath to break the connection, the controller either has to die or give the Empath up. Extremely strong Empaths can break the connection simply by thinking about it, but since Harper was possibly the only Empath left in the world, she didn't exactly have a teacher.

Stiles had done a lot of reading while Harper was unconcious to distract him from the anxiety that he was feeling. He found out that Harper can create a barrier in her mind if she tries hard enough that will stop her from ever being controlled again.

Harper's connection with Peter had been broken when he died. After Derek had been freed, Allison had found out that Scott was a werewolf, and Kate Argent got her throat slit by Peter, they had all managed to take down the alpha. But Derek had been the one to actually kill him.

Derek was the alpha now.

Harper sniffled. "I remember Peter strangling me and telling me what to do." She chocked on a sob, hiding in Stiles' chest.

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed together angrily. "He's gone now, Harps. You don't have to worry about him anymore."

The brunette looked up at him, her brown eyes red. "Is- is Lydia okay?"

Stiles nodded, stroking some of her hair out of her face. "She's going to be okay." He whispered, leaning down and planting a kiss on her forehead. "You scared me, Harps."

"I'm sorry." Harper croaked.

Stiles shook his head, chuckling. "Don't apologise, please." He squeezed her hand gently. "The last thing I want is for you to feel guilty or upset. I'm just so glad that you're okay."

"Me too." Harper pulled his hand to her lips, kissing his knuckles.

"Harper?" Stiles stared down at her hopefully, his heart beating quickly as she looked up at him.

"I love you." They both stared at each other in shock, their open mouths turning into wide grins as they began to laugh happily, holding each other close.

"We said it at the exact same time!" Harper grinned, giggling.

Stiles laughed loudly, feeling happier than he had in ages. "Hell yeah we did! Cause great minds think alike."

"Dork." Harper reached up to ruffle his hair.

Stiles grinned. "Yeah, but I'm your dork." He gently grabbed her hand from his head, intertwining their fingers.

"You're cheesy, too." Harper mumbled, leaning forwards, her eyes flickering to his lips.

"I'm your cheesy." Stiles sneered jokingly, dipping his head down a little so they were closer together.

"You're gross, Stilinski." She raised an eyebrow.

"I love you too, Verum."

And with that, he pressed his lips against hers.

FINISHED 21:47PM 02/08/17

today was my first day of school and the day I published the last chapter to this book. writing this was so hard and I felt like giving up so, so many times, but it has always been my dream to complete a book- and I finally did it, even if it was a fanfiction. Currently, I am on chapter eleven of book two, although I think I may merge season one and season two into one book. It probably won't be for a while, but I will let you know when it is published (whether it be on here or on another book). If you want, you can follow me to be alerted of my messages- and I will follow back :) thank you so, so much for reading this book, and especially thank you to the people who voted and commented on it, as well. You truly have no idea what it means to me every time I get a notification that somebody has voted or commented on my story- unless you are a writer, too. Anyway, thank you so much and (hopefully) I will see you soon for season two.

— eyesaclahey
alisha xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 42.2K 45
HOSTAGE [ BOOK TWO ] ✧ WARNING: SMUT Harper Verum's sophomore year had not turned out at all how she expected it to. In fact, everything changed last...
756K 20.2K 103
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 Riley Winters knew noth...
804K 31.7K 80
[BOOK 2] "𝙞 '𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙩𝙝." As Junior Year begins, lies...
315K 6.4K 30
Skylar McCall used to worry about things that most teenagers worry about. Turning in her homework on time, passing the next chemistry test, and tryin...