The courting

By MeineKeime

Harry Potter, son of Lily and James Potter, half blood wizard. Or not? It's two weeks before Harry's 17th bi... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1. The truth
Chapter 2. The inheritance
Chapter 3. The meeting
Chapter 4. Heka
Chapter 5. The feather
Chapter 6. The second meeting
Chapter 7. Bet you didn't see that coming
Chapter 8. The day after and a talking cookbook
Chapter 9. The invitation
Chapter 11. The ball
Chapter 12. Periods and tea
Chapter 13. The questionnaire
My answers to the questionnaire
Chapter 14. That was quick!
Chapter 15. A shopping trip with a twist
Chapter 16. George and Fred
Chapter 17. Snape, Snape, Severus Snape DUMBLEDORE
Chapter 18. A great secret revealed
Chapter 19. Revenge!
Chapter 20. Christmas morning and a nervous Charlie
Chapter 21. Toppy
Chapter 22. Dates and headlines
Chapter 23. Spaghetti and cheesecake
Chapter 24. 'I do' s and special guests
Chapter 25. An interview and the truth
Chapter 26. House visits
Chapter 27. The attack
Chapter 28. The rescue crew
Chapter 29. The princess
Chapter 30. A master vampire and a family's magical core
Chapter 31. The golden trio
Chapter 32. The fall of the Order
Chapter 33. Meeting the family
Chapter 34. The last challenge
Chapter 35. And the winner is?
IMPORTANT
Chapter 36. The death of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbeldore
Q&A
Aaaaaand I was tagged...
Chapter 37. The first night at his place
Chapter 38. The wedding
Chapter 39. A steamy night
Chapter 40. A bun in the oven
Epilouge. 19 years later
Remus Oneshot

Chapter 10. Dancing, dancing and more dancing

25.8K 926 461
By MeineKeime

The  ballroom

Harry's POV

"And one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and what are your feet doing Harry?" Father was giving me lessons on traditional dances.
"Harry, you need to walk gracefully. Think of yourself as a leaf in the wind. Your steps need to be light, like a feather, not like you are trying to stumble over both your feet at once! Again." 

The music started playing again and Neville and I moved. Again.
We were to teach me a traditional Veela-dance, and my feet were already hurting from the many turns we made. Neville seemed unimpressed, I was sure he learned these moves as a child. "Now open, close and second turn!" I heard Father as he clapped the rhythm.
Was this hard!
After another hour Father decided it was time for a break. 

I tried sitting on a chair, but the heavy Victorian style petticoat wasn't having it and I would have slit down onto the ground if Neville hadn't caught me.
If I was to fall down, it would need four men to help me up, and there weren't enough people in the house.
After wrestling me out of the petticoat we went upstairs to my room, so I could work on my dress. I decided to make it myself, now that I had the sewing instructions. 

Only some suitors had sent me presents this month, for example Andrea Rossi, an immigrant from Italy.
He sent me high heels, sadly I will never be able to wear them, because they were too small. Draco had sent me something too.
First, he sent me Halloween treats he loved in his childhood. There even were muggle ones like candy corn, but, most were magical ones.
His favourite were chocolate bats, because of obvious reasons: 1. They can fly up to three feet. 2. Their wings and teeth are made of chilli-chocolate.
Last week he sent me cloths soaked in a potion that would help with the swelling of my feet. 

Heka was sitting on the shoulder of my dummy I used to put my dress on. "Hey girl." I said and took her present. She had a letter with the potions and a book. Maybe it was a speaking one like the cookbook?
I put my hair behind my ear and opened the letter. He apologized in advance that he didn't make his costume himself, but when it came to using needle and thread he was a helpless case.
He sent some little witch-hats for Hedwig and the other owls, what I found cute and a book on aristocratic hairstyles.

Finally, someone understood my problem.
Mother doesn't really do anything with his hair, and Father, well... I opened the book and it asked: "What's the occasion?"
"A ball." I answered and the book opened the beginning page of ball-up-does. 

"You will need your brush, some bobby pins, hairbands and maybe a helping hand."
When I checked through the book, all styles were meant for wavy and curly hair, because 'straightening your hair will destroy it.' so Draco.
I put the book on my nightstand and checked through my jewellery. 

Quite some men had sent my rings, necklaces and earpieces for the ball, not thinking that that was plain rude.
I wasn't mated, so I would not wear accessories that aren't my families. It was like saying that my family was of low standing and tight on money.
They would have known that if they checked some book about Veelas. A submissive Veela always represents the wealth and standing of the family. 

After sending a thank-you-note to Draco, I worked on the gown of my dress, until Neville came into my room.
"My fiance finally sent me a letter!" he said and set himself down. The paper looked expansive, and a little scaly? I tried looking at the name on the bottom of the letter, but Neville moved quickly, so I couldn't know.
"What did he say?" I asked.
"They broke in at my house in London and tried taking my grandma. He took her in at his place. It seems the Order is searching for me." He laughed and touched the bottom of the letter. 

"He also sent me little pumpkin!" he opened a little bag and grabbed a small orange ball, that had a heart carved into it. 

"Oh my god, that is so cute!" "Right?" "You never told me as what you are going at the ball."
I said. "You still have your invisibility cloak, right?" I nodded. "Then I will go as the spooky wind!" we laughed a little, before Father called us to start the dancing lesson again. UGH!

The days until the 31th was filled with dancing, opening letters, dancing, sewing, dancing, preparing the ballroom, and guess what?
Dancing.
Neville even decided that he didn't want to train with me! We had filled the ballroom with pumpkins and candles, there were paper-bats flying around and the buffet was laid out in the backroom.
I hoped that Trippy, Knuckly and Pippy were able to handle all the guests. 

But at the moment, I had other problems. "Not Neville, you're hurting me! Not there, stop it!" I screamed through the whole room.
"No, you stop it! You were the one to make himself a corset, not me! Now let me do my work and stop complaining!" 

After we had finally finished cutting off my airways I put on my jewellery and let Neville do my hair (with the help of the book) and put on my Lord-rings. The Potter-Lordship-ring was a white-gold ring with a clear stone in the middle and two black stones, and the Black-Lordship-ring was a silver ring with fine lines around it and a... can you guess it? A black stone in the middle. 

At least they weren't some strange colours like pink or neon green. "Neville, can you toss me my teeth?" Well, that sounded strange. "Course. Have you seen my shoes?" It was like Hogwarts dorm all over again.

A/N: Who do you think Neville's fiance is?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

MeineKeime

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 171 28
"But all those things you said to me." "It was all just a mask Hermione," I told her, "I had to say those things. I had to, because..." I thought abo...
165K 5.2K 26
"Umm I-I was uhh j-just leaving" I stuttered. {why am I having trouble speaking? especially to Malfoy!} He looks me up and down and I some how feel e...
244K 6K 36
Draco Malfoy's mother is a pureblood veela and his father a vampire. His 16th birthday is coming up and he has to find out why Harry Potter's blood s...
17.7K 323 43
He's a regrettably barbarous, pureblood, Slytherin heir; 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲, unavailable, and that's the way he'd prefer it to remain. Draco Mal...