Moon Child |✔|

By world_joy_

Life or Death. It's the choice to be made within the Alba Rosa Pack when the Beta and his mate discover that... More

Before You Begin...
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
Epilogue
END NOTE
|THE CHASE|
OTHER WORKS

|24|

42.8K 2.6K 614
By world_joy_

Watch me. 

I will go to my sun.

And If I am burned by his fire

I will fly on scorched wings

***

I'm sorry my little moon.

The words rang over and over in Daisy's head as they sat in Stephen's office.

Grace was breathing hard. Daisy pulled out a small packet of herbs that she carried with her and handed some to her.

"Eat this. The stress of the event is not good for the pups."
Grace nodded and chewed on the herbs, making a face at their bitterness.

Daisy watched to make sure Grace swallowed before turning to Jackson, Stephen and surprisingly Doctor Schulman and Jackie.

She didn't know what doc or Jackie were doing here, but she figured their presence related something to do with Jay.

Stephen sighed and put his head down.

Jackson gave him a small pat of reassurance.

"So it's happened again," Jackie said. Daisy glared at the group, tired of being left out.

"If everyone could old on one hot minute. I want to know, what in flipping jumping jacks just happened down there to my mate?"

Stephen glared at Daisy, but she did not back down.

Jackie took control of the situation and sat down, patting the seat next to her for Doctor Schulman to occupy.

"How much has Jay told you of his past."

"Nothing," Daisy said, embarrassment showing in her voice. Her mate had shared almost nothing with her. Then she remembered a few details, "No, wait. I do know that he shifted at eight. He has a brother named Lewis. His mother died when he was 13. And...."

She paused but couldn't think of anything else.

Jackie though nodded.

"I have to tell you. Though Alpha Jay did not want you to know, I have to tell you to explain what just happened."

There was a grim silence within the room as Jackie motioned to everyone, "Everyone in this room knows the bare details, though Jay knows the full extent of it. But I will share what I know with you. I have been a part of this pack the longest." She smiled and continued.

"Jay shifted when he was eight. You are smart Daisy, and have already probably wondered how he was able to shift at such a young age?"

Daisy nodded, eager for Jackie to continue.

"Jay's father...the previous Alpha....he was obsessed with power. And his mate was weak. His mate died of sickness. But she had been sick for a long time." Jackie looked down at her hands, an ancient sadness overcoming her as the memories flooded through.

"Alpha Reynold thought that because of his mates weakness, his pups would also be weak. He focused on Jay because he would eventually become the Alpha. He couldn't wait until he was 17 to shift. He needed to grow his son and make sure he would not be weak like his mother. So he did something he was not supposed to. Something very wrong and cruel to Jay."

Daisy already felt the answer coming as a sickening twist came over her.

"He forced a shift. He took Jay when he was eight and forced him to shift. I do not know how. Only Jay can tell you the cruel details. But the boy could shift by the time he was eight. I remember the fear in the pack when Alpha Reynold showed us how strong his son was- how he was able to shift at only eight years old. We all feared him. We feared the power that Jay had, now that he had his wolf at such a young age."

The grim faces within the room only confirmed what Jackie was saying.

Daisy swallowed and braced herself, praying to the moon, asking how a father could be so cruel. She had seen many cruel things within her travels. This didn't compare to some of what she had witnessed. But the idea that her mate- her Jay- had gone through this, brought a sickening twist to her soul.

"I did not find out till later that the Alpha was doing more than that to Jay. He was giving him sustenance's that grew his wolf and the power within him. Almost like human steroids in a way. He was giving them to Jay- making his power grow to a level that no one could control. Creating within him a monster."

The whole room shivered as they all silently remembered their own reflected times.

"Jay however was able to control the animal that his father had created. My thought is he did it because he father threatened to harm Lewis if he didn't."
"And did he..." Daisy couldn't finish her sentence. She had suddenly remembered Jay's words of why Lewis refused to visit. To many memories.

"He did. He hurt Lewis. One day though, when Jay was seventeen, his father went too far. He was whipping Lewis and made the pack watch. Jay challenged his father for Alpha leadership. No one thought he could do it. He was just a boy- and his father was an Alpha. He trained everyday with Jay and he was still very powerful. But then we all saw what Jay was. He transformed into that beast and tore into his father. He crippled him and ripped his teeth and claws out. It became his style every time he was challenged."

Daisy nodded.

"The pack was handed over to Jay. Jay took over and we all quickly erased the memory of Jay's beast from our minds. We thought instead of how brave it was of him to challenge his father and save his brother. We focused on the good and not the bad because we were all too afraid of what would happen if we challenged him."

"Lewis soon left after that. A she-wolf came and they mated. He came back only a handful of times. And I'm afraid he will have to come back again," Jackie ended her story with this final note, turning now to Stephen who nodded. "He has to be brought here."

Daisy stood up, "Wait. Why does he have to come here?"

"He is the only one who can control Jay. This has happened before where Jay has been unable to control his demon wolf- we have had to call Lewis to come and calm him down, to bring him back."

"Let me go," Daisy whispered, looking at all the eyes in the room, "I'm his mate. Let me go to him and calm him."

Grace's hard voice came from behind her, "why do you think he lost it in the first place?"
Daisy turned around to meet the glaring female, "he forced himself to run away and leave. If he didn't, that beast would have taken you and marked you- regardless of what you wanted."

Daisy refused to glare back. She was a moon child and would not indulge in petty emotions. "Jay and I have our own understanding."

"Ya?" Grace gave a harsh laugh as she rubbed her swollen belly, "well your understanding is making him loose control. He has Alpha blood, and that thing inside him. He has to stay calm and control it all, and there you go, selfishly thinking only about you and what you want instead of thinking of how hard it is for him."

"Grace-," She cut off her brother though, fury evident on her features, "I have been with Jay since we were pups learning to walk. I have stood by his side through all of it. I waited, thinking the moon would bless him with a mate that would be beyond amazing. A mate that he deserved after all of his struggles and hardships. And instead he got you."

The whole room gasped when a surge of power erupted from Daisy. Her blue eyes shone out, their startling blue making everyone shiver and gasp. Her hair seemed to shine out as she gazed down at Grace and looked to everyone in the room.

"I do not have to answer to this!" She said, "I am a child of the moon! I have the divine spirit inside of me and I am blessed by the mother who created all of you! I do not expect your tiny barren souls to understand me or my path, but Jay does! Jay understands my destiny and what I am to him! You will not," she turned to Grace, an eerie light shining within her eyes, "question me and my authority, or my relationship with my mate. I will go and seek him out and bring him back."

And with that Daisy walked out, the flowing wisps of her skirt trailing behind her as she departed.

The whole room stayed quite as they breathed out a collective sigh.

"I understand what Jay means now," Grace whispered.

Stephen nodded.

They had forgotten or, had not realized, that Daisy was not like them. She was above them, and have no qualms in reminding them of their low status within the moon's eye.

It's like midnight and I'm up so I just decided to go ahead and get today's update out of the way. 

(Even though I have work in the morning...) 

SPEAKING OF WHICH. 

PEOPLE.

HOLD YOUR PHONES.

BECAUSE I HAVE A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT.

I am writing another werewolf book (gah I'm so freaking excited that I wanted it to be a surprise but I couldn't contain it so now the pressure is on for me to finish it ggahhhh) but let me tell you how excited I am because I am going completely off track from "Moon Child" and all "yay new book!"

Just to get you as pumped as me I even already have the cover made (I know I know.) 

ISN'T IT BEAUTIFUL!?!?!?!?!

By the end of this month or sometime next month I will start posting chapters (If not and I just suck then at least appreciate the beautiful cover work). 

It is a far cry from "Moon Child" as in- completely different direction subject wise. The only similarities is that they both are under the genre 'werewolf' lollll

But please tell me what you think of this and of the new update of "Moon Child" (sorry I got really distracted with this cover and everything hahahaha)

Until next time!

Loves, 

/////WORLD_JOY_/////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 185 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...
2.7K 428 50
An entanglement of betrayal, revenge, love, and supernatural war: Mirajane; the dusk princess and sole white wolf of the werewolf world. ...... When...
202K 7K 33
One night changes Sierra's life forever when she loses everything except her toddler niece. In charge of the last six members of her pack, it is up...
8.2M 248K 46
Charlotte has kept her wolf a secret her entire life. She knows she is the first born heir to an Alpha, but her mother refuses to tell her who her fa...