Surrender- Agents of SHIELD

By ladyoliviarb

Spyen Keller is not just your average agent of SHEILD. She is an Avenger. After the mysterious and fake death... More

Protection
Undercover
Talbot
084
HYDRA
Shoot or Welcome
Miami
Clear Your Mind
Writing
Wager
Sleepover
5:30
GH
City
Dr. Dad
Bermuda Triangle?
Kidnapped
Reconciliation
Evolve
Isolation
Fitz's aid
First Mission
The Index
Hex Witch
Inhibitor
Wyoming
Hunted
Afterlife
Power Training
Convince
Rescue
Avenger
Emotional Battle
Ultron
Nuclear Codes
Home
Seoul
Vision
Sokovia Pt. 1
Sokovia Pt. 2
Update

Control

1.6K 65 12
By ladyoliviarb

Spyen stood in the lounge of the base with too many people in the room. May, Coulson, Skye, Lady Sif and the Kree. Spyen was just there to observe and hear the conversation, but it was hard to keep her mind from wandering into others.

"Tell us how the Truncheon works, Kree." Sif was hovering around the man.

"The Kree has a name." The man's voice was low. "And that only works when in my hand.

May have a breath, "Hmm. That's convenient."

The Kree gestured to the device in Coulson's hand while taking a few steps toward him, "It has a-a dial on the bottom.

In the next moment the Kree used the distraction to kick the Truncheon out of Coulson's hand and the moment he landed all four agents had a gun trained on him. The Truncheon landed in his hand and he quickly pushed it into Lady Sif's stomach. She gave a shout and the Kree quickly dropped the device and held his hands up by his head.

"Sorry. The argument was going t nowhere."

"You back with us?"

Lady Sif had anger on her face as she answered Coulson, "Yes, my memories have returned. I am Lady Sif of Asguard, friend of the SHIELD." Sif took a step forward and punched the Kree in the face. Coulson quickly shifted so that he was between the two of them.

The man groaned in pain, "Asguardian. Well, that explains a lot."

Spyen let out a small breath of pain as she felt her mind suddenly explode in thought. Lady Sif's thought. As her memories returned, Spyen could feel and see all of it. She tried to detangle the web of thoughts and replace them with her own.

"It is true. We do not trust Kree. That is why I am here. When Heimdall saw that one landed on your world, Odin charged me with retrieving him."

The Kree looked around Coulson to Sif, "So you came to pick a fight."

Sif kept her expression level, "We know enough about Kree history to be concerned."

"Well, then, if you know Kree history, perhaps you've heard of the Tale of Terrigenesis."

Spyen narrowed her eyes at the specific wording as Sif spoke, "Of course. Ancient Kree descending on planets, altering the inhabitants to fight their war."

The Kree nodded, "And Earth was one of them."

Spyen furrowed her brows as Skye spoke, "Blue Angels who fell from the sky."

Sif elaborated, "Eons ago, the Kree waged a very long war. Casualties were high and they needed more soldiers."

"We needed killers." The Kree interrupted. Spyen looked up at the man when he said a word with a lot of emotion, "One vicious faction among the Kree genetically modified other creatures' DNA. These modifications can be activated with Terrigen crystals."

Spyen's mouth was hanging open with confusion and fear. Her mind immediately went to when she was in the temple looking at the blue crystals from the Obelisk.

"We know these torturous experiment failed." Sif tried to show the Kree she was the one that was right.

The Kree shook his head. "Not on earth. Here we had to shut them down." Skye and Spyen caught each other's glanced before looking back at the Kree, "This faction built a city. They brought them the Diviners, which hold the crystals. They're plans were discovered and thwarted by the better of my kind. Putting an end to that dark chapter of our past."

Spyen let out a breath, "Until now."

"When I saw that an ancient signal had been triggered, I knew it had to be a Diviner. If the Kree Empire learned that these experiments were a success, they would be likely to renew them."

Spyen tried to keep her mask, "Why did you come here?" She knew she was stealing Skye's words.

"These transformed beings are abominations." Spyen swallowed at the harsh word, "I knew that I had to find the remainder of the Diviners before another monstrosity occurred. And erase any acknowledge of it."

Coulson looked down at the Truncheon in his hand.

"How many Diviners are supposed to be in that crate?" May's voice held worry.

The Kree shook his head, "Enough to create an army."

There was a moment of silence before they all heard Jemma's voice, "Sir, the crate is empty."

The tension in the room magnified and almost every person had wide-eyes.

"My worst fear has come true." The Kree's words were soft, "We must find the remaining Diviners as well as anybody who has transformed."

Spyen locked eyes with Skye as they both feared for their lives.

Coulson shook his head. "We drowned the temple were the Diviners were activated, so that's a plus. And we do know the woman who was changed." Spyen swallowed.

Sif took a step forward, "So, someone was transformed. A Kree slave warrior created. Have you put it down?"

"No. She Disappeared." Spyen didn't like May's casual tone.

"What do you know of her?"

Coulson filled Sif in, "We don't know much about Raina's transformation. Spyen and Skye witnessed it but they didn't see much."

Both the Kree and Lady Sif turned to the sisters, "You were both there. What did you see?"

Spyen shook her head and clenched her fists, "I-I—We didn't, there was n-nothing."

"Where they're other with you?" The Kree was pressing, "The changes may not be on the surface, but buried inside." Spyen could feel her fingers start to tingle and she could feel the ground shake slightly. "You must understand, these creatures are weapons, abominations. Even if they don't know."

The entire room was now shaking and Spyen looked up at her sister with wide and worried eyes. Skye.

Skye looked down at Spyen with an equal amount of fear as she heard Spyen's voice in her head.

There was a moment of confusion before Sif spoke, "Son of Cole, what is this?"

Spyen felt her stomach sink when May looked up at the sisters, "Skye, Spyen, you want to talk to us?"

Spyen looked down at her fingers and saw the mist of red as Coulson strode up to the sisters, "What's doing this?"

Skye looked over at her sister before opening up, "I am." Skye's voice broke.

Lady Sif, who was closest to Skye, went to grab her, but Spyen felt a surge of energy. Spyen followed her instinct and pushed Lady Sif away in a sea of red. Skye backed up with her head in her hands as every person looked at the sisters with concern and terror. Spyen looked down at her hands before she felt Skye shift. Skye fisted her hands and brought them down to her side, as she did that the glass behind her broke. Spyen hurried up to Skye's side with glowing fingers. May and Coulson felt the need to protect their agents and stood between them and Lady Sif.

"Hand them over. I will take them to Asguard and it will be safer for all of you."

"We will do no such thing." Coulson and May finally knew the truth about the sisters, yet they still wanted to protect them.

"The weapons have been activated. They need to be eliminated before they hurt someone." The Kree's words were generic.

"Skye and Spyen are not weapons."

"Coulson, no one is saying they chose this. But they are dangerous."

The facility was still shaking and Spyen's head was beginning to throb.

Skye shook her head. "We don't want to be this way."

Sif took a step forward, "Imagine what will happen if your powers grow. It may not stop at breaking glass or throwing people without touch. You could bring down buildings tear continents apart.

Skye grit her teeth as Spyen spoke, "We can get a handle on it." Spyen's head was pounding so hard that she was surprised she was till conscious.

Kree shook his head, "That's not what you were designed for. You were designed to destroy. Which is why you must be put down."

"Yeah, well, that sounds an awful long like killing to me."

Spyen looked behind her to where Fitz had been lurking. Before she could turn back around, she felt May push her out of the room and down the hall. Spyen had a hard time trying to keep up with May's rushed footing as they ran towards the lab.

Jemma stepped out and saw the hurry, "What's going on?"

Skye looked back at Jemma, "Jemma, I'm so sorry."

Jemma's eyes were wide. Oh God. Their blood.

The entire facility was still shaking as May pushed both of the sisters into the vault and closed the barrier. Skye sat on the bed and leaned against the wall while Spyen put her head into her hands. She let out a small cry of pain but May was focused on Skye.

"Hey. Listen to me. Just me." May was beside Skye, "We can do this. You can do this."

Skye fisted her hands, "I can't." Spyen felt that Skye wasn't in control and it made her feel lost, "I can't make it stop."

May continued to lecture, "You will control your emotions. Just like we practiced."

May took a few slow steps from Skye and she looked up at May, "I can't make it stop. Everyone is at risk." Skye had tears in her eyes. She sensed that Spyen was near and reached out to take her hand. Spyen cringed in her own pain in her head.

"Just focus. Skye, look at me. Focus. It'll stop."

Skye cringed in pain just as a sword pierced through the barrier, "Agent May, relies the girls!"

Spyen felt her head build up with pressure and she let out another cry of pain.

"May, she'll get through." Skye's eyes were wide as she let go of Spyen and pushed herself further into the wall.

May had her body facing the threat. "Ignore it. Remember, focus."

Spyen put her back against the wall and slid down onto the ground. The pressure in her body wasn't just her own emotions, it was Skye's and May's and Sif's all packed into her small frame. Spyen's body had started to shake and it wasn't long until the barrier broke. Spyen looked up at Sif with fear, but that fear only lasted a moment as she heard the shot of an ICER. Spyen pulled in a painful gasp as she felt every ounce of pain that Skye felt.

Spyen let out a cry and crawled over to the edge of the bed, "Skye." Spyen's voice was weak as she pulled herself up to her knees. The door to the vault opened as Lady Sif spoke, "She harmed herself."

"Even though she knew it meant giving up her freedom." Coulson was behind Sif with a gun.

"All to save the rest of you." Sif all but forgot her mission to take Skye.

Spyen took Skye's hand and tried so hard to reach inside of her mind, but it was a fail. Spyen had tears in her eyes, from both pain as well as fear, "Don't you see? We want to get better. If you take us away from the people that we love, we will only get worse." Spyen finally allowed herself to give in and let out the tears in her eyes. There lease wasn't what she needed, but it was nice to let it out. She was vulnerable, but she figured that this wasn't the first time she would feel that way.     

***

Spyen stood in front of her mirror looking into her masked eyes. The blue contacts were still covering her irises. She had been standing in her spot for almost fifteen minutes debating if she wanted to removed the lenses or not. Another minute passed before she let out a sigh. She shook her head and pulled the contacts from her eyes and placed them in the trash. When she looked in the mirror again, she only saw blue. It was only when she would hear a thought that wasn't hers did they shine scarlet. When they did glow, Spyen had to take in a slight breath. She had only seen her reflection with blue eyes and now that they were red, she wasn't sure if she liked it.

The agent shook her head and pushed away from the mirror grabbing her duffle bag full of her clothes. Her and Skye were being transferred to the interrogation rooms in the Bus for safety. Spyen didn't understand why that kept them safe, but she wasn't one to deflect an order. She pulled her bedroom door open and pulled the bag over her shoulder as she walked down the hall. To get to the hanger, she had to walk past the lounge and as she did she heard voices.

She paused just behind the wall to listen, "Spyen and Skye are my friends. They are different." Jemma has spoken.

"Oh, yeah. Like I was your friend, and then I changed." Fitz was defensive. "How did you handle that?"

"Uh, t-the point is, secrets don't help any of us. They should have just come clean."

Spyen's expression shifted at Mack's words.

"What, and risk being locked up, studied, or who knows what else? No, I wouldn't let them."

"Oh, you wouldn't let them." Jemma was angry.

"We could have handled them in a way that would have kept everyone safe." Spyen furrowed her brows at Mack's word. Everyone.

"It wasn't fair to us, Fitz. We had a right to know." Bobbi came into the conversation.

"A right to know. What—is that the same way the Sif and the Kree had a right to know?" Fitz was still defending the sisters.

"I think the situation's a little bit different, mate." Hunter tried to get Fitz to see a different perspective.

"No, you would have done to them exactly what they wanted to."

"You don't know that!" Jemma's voice rose.

"Yes I do know that! They would—You would you'd "Handle them"! Mack just said it! Like, uh...Skye and Spyen are something to be locked away in a cage somewhere. We should be protecting them."

Spyen felt Skye walk past her and she tried to get her to stop, but Mack's words caused both of them to freeze, "No Fitz. We're the ones that need protection from them." Mack finally noticed the sisters and Spyen could feel the guilt. All eyes were on the agents in question and they were both hurting. Skye let out a silent breath before she walked away from the situation.

Spyen could feel that her eyes wereglowing and the tingle in her hands was back. She let her expression drop asshe looked at each of the agents. She shook her head and let each of them know,with her body language, that she had heard all of what they said about them.Fitz locked eyes with Spyen and saw the red. The young agent finally took herleave and followed her sister down the hall.     

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.9K 2.9K 25
Natasha Romanov, dangerous Russian assassin, otherwise known as Black Widow, sent in to kill an alleged money transferring scam artist. Clint Barton...
128K 5.6K 42
It's been two years since Bucky Barnes showed up half dead on Willow Dariela's porch. They've grown close, and Barnes has joined the Avengers. All tr...
29.3K 566 19
(Y/N) was taken by Hydra at a young age then tortured for almost 12 years and put under Hydra hypnosis turning her into a deadly assassin, maybe bett...
513K 19.7K 158
Logan Taylor, more commonly known as Agent L.C, is a former HYDRA operative. She was recently recruited by Nick Fury to become a SHIELD agent. Curre...