Surrender- Agents of SHIELD

By ladyoliviarb

Spyen Keller is not just your average agent of SHEILD. She is an Avenger. After the mysterious and fake death... More

Protection
Undercover
Talbot
084
HYDRA
Shoot or Welcome
Clear Your Mind
Writing
Wager
Sleepover
5:30
GH
City
Dr. Dad
Bermuda Triangle?
Kidnapped
Reconciliation
Evolve
Isolation
Fitz's aid
First Mission
Control
The Index
Hex Witch
Inhibitor
Wyoming
Hunted
Afterlife
Power Training
Convince
Rescue
Avenger
Emotional Battle
Ultron
Nuclear Codes
Home
Seoul
Vision
Sokovia Pt. 1
Sokovia Pt. 2
Update

Miami

2.6K 76 11
By ladyoliviarb

Miami, Florida. A place to lie out on the sand, drink a mimosa and hide in plain sight. Or steal a painting that had Alien writing on the back of it. Spyen sat in the passenger seat of the vehicle with Mack driving. Coulson, May and Spyen were on an undercover mission, which Spyen was proficient in. Mack pulled up to a magnificent mansion where a Gala was being held.

Coulson had reluctantly agreed to allow Spyen to accompany him and May because of her background with undercover operations, however she was told she would only be used if necessary. Spyen eyed the front of the mansion as Mack pulled up to the steps. Mack parked the car and rounded to the other side to open Spyen's door. Spyen stepped out dressed in a brilliant red gown. Spyen's left arm was covered with velvet whilst her right arm was bare. The slit in her right side allowed for her to step out of the car with ease.

Mack then opened the door for Coulson and May. Coulson stepped out looking dapper in a suit, "Thank you."

"Sir, notice the car? 1962 Rolls. Restored it myself."

Coulson gave a nod, "I noticed. Still not letting you work on Lola."

"In time, sir. In time."

Coulson held out his hand and helped May out of the car. Agent May was dressed in a shining silver dress that complimented her skin brilliantly.

May's expression told Spyen that she hated what she was wearing.

Coulson gave a smile, "This is fun, right? It's this fun? Look," Coulson held up his wrist, "Cufflinks."

May wasn't amused, "I will pay you five hundred dollars right now for a pair of flats."

Spyen let out a smirk as Mack eyed the three of them, "Good luck, sir."

Spyen honestly loved the awkwardness of May and shook her head.

Spyen pulled a smile up on her face and proceeded to walk up to the small counter in front of the door. The man minding the computer smiled down at her.

"Identification, please."

Spyen gave a nod, "Of course." She handed the man her fake ID. The man placed it face down on the scanner and Spyen waited anxiously. The computer beeped its approval and the man handed the ID back with a smile.

"Enjoy the party."

Spyen gave her own polite smile, "Thank you."

She casually entered the house and waited for Coulson and May to get past security. The three agents got into the party without any complications. Coulson and May walked in with linked arms.

"Good work on the cover Skye, we're in." 

The duo met up with Spyen and they all entered the heart of the party together.

"Okay, remember, Soto has the painting in the sublevel storage room until it comes out later tonight for the guests." Skye was in Spyen's ear.

Spyen plastered on a smile, "How heavy is security?"

"Still assessing. Let's assume very. Keep in mind we've got diplomats here, state officials. These are not friends of SHIELD."

Another voice graced the agents' hearing, "Bridget said Soto's sending out the painting for verification first thing in the morning. She uh, whispered it in my ear if you know what I mean."

Spyen rolled her eyes, "Yes, everybody on the planet knows what you mean, Hunter. Let's focus?"

"Right, so upshot is tonight's our one chance to steal this thing."

"Director, are you sure you don't want me there? I can help you Spyen and May get around any security measures Soto has in—"

Coulson and Spyen eyed May who was smiling and mingling in the corner, "No, keeping it to three agents allows us to minimize detection in a small space. I hope you don't need me to explain covert operations again."

"No, sir."

Spyen heard the disappointment in Skye's voice.

"Good. This writing was in Garrett's lab, the Obelisk and now a five hundred year old piece of art. It's important. Getting that pointing could mean answers for us."

"Yes, sir. We will—"

Skye's words got cut off as May let out a squeal of laughter. Spyen wasn't expecting the response and she jumped; the drink in her hand almost falling to the floor.

"Wait. What was that?"

Spyen let out a smile, "Yeah, that was May."

"Is she okay? Is everything okay?" Skye was worried and Spyen couldn't help but laugh at May.

Coulson also had a smile on his face, "Yes, she laughing. I think the worst of it is over now."

Spyen sipped her drink as May excused herself from the group still with a forced smile on her face.

She came up to Spyen and Coulson, "My face hurts."

Spyen had a real smile on her face, "You'll get used to it."

Coulson let out a breath, "Come on. We've got a cover to maintain and some details to go over. Going radio silent. Will resume contact shortly." Coulson and May tapped at their communication units and Coulson looked over to Spyen, "Blend in. I need you running perimeter. Make sure no surprises arise."

Spyen gave a slight nod, "Copy."

Spyen watched as Coulson took May's hand and escorted her to the center of the dance floor.

"Did they just turn off their COMs?"

Spyen let out a smile as a guest walked past her, "Probably so they can stare lovingly into each other's eyes."

"What are they doing, Spy?"

Spyen walked away from her Director and tried to mingle, "They're dancing." 

"Hold up. Agent May, the one who shot me just for the hell of it, is dancing and laughing?"

Spyen smiled at Hunter's words, "Don't get used to it."

Spyen walked around the party and tried to seem open enough to not draw attention. She hid in plain sight even in an ostentatious dress. Spyen scoped out the security of the party as she plastered a smile on her face. As Spyen walked about the party, her smile faltered when she saw a familiar face. Spyen set her drink down on the nearby table and casually navigated her way towards her superiors. She brushed past May whispering her warning, "Twelve o'clock."

May and Coulson looked in the direction of General Talbot.

"Spy?"

"Talbot's here."

Spyen heard Hunter give a sigh, "What the hell's he doing there?"

Coulson edged himself up to Spyen; "I need you down here. If things get messy, get out."

Before Coulson could walk away Spyen spoke up, "Sir, I could be of help."

Coulson shook his head, "Stay here until we need you. We will meet you at the east gate when we are finished."

Spyen let out a nod and pulled away from Coulson. Spyen tried her very best to blend in with the people surrounding her. As she was sipping her champagne, she heard Coulson's voice in her ear.

"Guys."

There was a relieved breath, "Best timing ever."

Skye let out a sigh, "Oh, decided to come back online, did we?"

"Talbot's here." Coulson was quick.

"We know, Spyen gave us the update."

Coulson gave a sigh, "Our cover is at risk. I'm calling an audible. We're not going to wait until later to get the painting. We're going to get it now."

Spyen bit her lip, "Do you want me to stay in position?"

"Get to the sublevel. May and I will meet you there."

Spyen nodded, "Copy."

The young agent set her drink down and slowly navigated her way around the party guests and kept the area clear until May and Coulson arrived. When Spyen heard the sound of heels on the linoleum, she looked around the corner and saw May's silver dress coming down the hall.

"Swift timing."

Coulson pulled out his phone and slid it into a case to create a hologram of Mr. Soto's eyes to access the room.

The moments were agonizing, but Coulson was able to get them into the elevator. The trio quickly boarded the box, riding it down to the basement. When the doors opened they heard Skye's voice, "Sublevel storage room straight ahead. Painting's there."

Coulson nodded, "Great." He pulled out a set of small flashlights and they navigated their way through the dark hallway, "This isn't the Op we anticipated. Everything's gonna be a little more fast and dirty than we planned."

"Only makes it more interesting." Spyen knew Skye wished she could be on the ground. As the trio rounded the corner, Skye was warning them as they saw a room full of a laser grid.
"Guys, wait. You're about to hit—"

"Laser grids." Coulson glanced at his team, "Why is it always laser grids?"

May gave a sigh, "Guy's not kidding around."

From beside Spyen, Coulson let out a breath before he popped his neck and looked to get ready to expertly step in between the lasers.

Spyen opened her mouth to voice her confusion, but May rolled her eyes and stepped into the room, activating the alarms, "They already know we're here."

Spyen let out a chuckle and followed May into the storage room. The team of three fanned out and quickly searched the shelves for the painting, but it was nowhere in sight.

Spyen met up with the two of them in the middle of the room, "There's no painting here."

May let out a breath, "Could be a mistake. Another room, maybe?"

"No, It's not a mistake. A record of appropriation just popped up on the church's books."

Coulson let out a sigh, "Don't tell me. The US Government."

There was a sigh on Skye's COM, "Talbot took possession of the painting from the church this morning. "Related to an ongoing government investigation." It says."

Coulson was confused, "Why is he even on this? How does he knew about that painting?"

Spyen heard a chatter of guards outside of the door and she shook her head, "We need to go."

The trio moved quickly to escape the guards. They slipped out of the mansion and hid in the brush. May had a coil in her legs as she addressed Coulson; "I assume this all makes you happy."

Coulson looked back at her, "Why would this make me happy?"

"We failed in our mission. We're outnumbered, trapped, hoping not to get killed. Feels like the old days to me."

Spyen let out a small snort at the revilement of the mission.

Coulson gave a small shrug, "Yeah. I guess Talbot took this round."

"I'm not giving up yet." May looked around Coulson as he looked down at her. He was ready to speak, but May bet him to it. "We're clear."

May skirted around Coulson with Spyen in tow and the team of three exited the estate gates. The trio rushed into the dark street, but LED headlights of an expensive car illuminated their escape. They immediately halted their stride as they heard the car door open.

"Agent Coulson. Agent May. You seem like you're in a hurry."

Talbot rounded to the front of the car, "And who might you be?"

Spyen was stunned. General Talbot has met her countless times. Spyen let out a breath, "Agent Keller."

Talbot gave a deep nod, "Ah, yes."

Coulson started to walk towards the General, "Caterers ran out of coconut shrimp. No reason to stay."

May slowly pushed herself in front of Spyen while Coulson tried to reason with the General.

"You see, I'd thought you'd left because I got my hands on the miracle painting and you didn't." The three agents glanced at each other, "Come on Coulson. It's obvious we were there for the same thing. Now, I've been thinking—"

"Hmm, I'm sure." May interrupted the man.

Spyen glanced at the way that May was coiled, ready to strike.

"I know there's writing on the back of that painting. Government wouldn't have sent me down here if we didn't. Phil, you are the only one who can help me figure out what that writing is. It's what you do. So why don't we help each other?"

Spyen didn't like the way the General was talking. His words seemed rehearsed and unnatural.

"Why would we help you?" Coulson kept his expression tight.

"You came all the way down here. I gotta believe you want to know what that writing means just as badly as we do."

Spyen took a step forward towards the General while May spoke, "Why do I have a feeling there's a catch?"

Talbot gave a shrug, "There's no catch. You'll have to examine it in a secure military facility where I can keep an eye on you, but that just...regulation."

"Okay." Spyen looked over at her Director, "You got a deal. Just let me check in with my team. I need to give them their orders. You know they'll get nervous if I just disappear."

"What do you need, about an hour?"

Coulson gave a nod, "That 'ought to do it."

The General went to retreat back to his car, "I'm downtown at the hotel La Ona. I'll see you there."

"I look forward to it."

Talbot got into his car and swiftly drove away leaving the team alone. They each turned their back on Talbot's retreating car.

"Change of heart. Doesn't add up." May had also caught on to Talbot's demeanor.

Spyen shook her head, "He's not the same man I've worked with in the past."

"No, he's working with us. I just need to know why."

May let out a sigh and pushed her clutch into Coulson's hold, "I'll handle it." The agent started to take off her jewelry.

"May."

"Hey, this is the part I do. It'll make up for all the dancing."

Spyen looked up at Coulson, "I'll go for back up."

The Director nodded, "Check in as soon as you know something. And if something goes wrong..."

Spyen gave a small nod, "We'll handle it."

The agents turned their backs to Coulson and Spyen gave a sigh. She didn't understand the feeling she had in her stomach, but she knew that the night was just about to begin. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 687 16
Y/N top agent for shield, has a traumatic past that only very few people know about. She was rescued by Nick Fury from Hydra and joined SHIELD. Now s...
513K 19.7K 158
Logan Taylor, more commonly known as Agent L.C, is a former HYDRA operative. She was recently recruited by Nick Fury to become a SHIELD agent. Curre...
128K 5.6K 42
It's been two years since Bucky Barnes showed up half dead on Willow Dariela's porch. They've grown close, and Barnes has joined the Avengers. All tr...
322K 1.6K 16
2 𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖔𝖋 7 𝖎𝖓 𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖊 𝖘𝖊𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖘 Two years later since the Avengers assembled in New York. Lauren and Steve were instantly partnered up and...