The Cinderella Punk

Av crazymeltzar

Meet Elle. She's nothing but a plain nerdy girl with over sized spectacles. Yeah, hard to believe. On top of... Mer

The Cinderella Punk [Edited]
Escaping the Monsters (edited)
A Fight to Remember (edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 1] (Edited)
An Early Morning Surprise [part 2] (Edited)
The people who care about you (Edited)
Why did he do that? [EDITED]
Come back to me [Edited]
The day just couldn't get any better [Edited]
Pain [Edited]
Nightmare [Edited]
Bloody broken glass [Edited]
Demon Mask [Edited]
Blue eyes, green eyes [Edited]
Scents [Edited]
Deadly Dance of the Demon [Edited]
Kidnapped [Edited]
Do you trust me? [Edited]
Do your trust me? [Part 2] [Edited]
Changed [Havoc's story] [Edited]
The Map [Edited]
The Library [Part 1] [Edited]
The Library [Part 2][Edited]
The Garden Room [Edited]
Danger in the maze [Edited]
Confessions [Edited]
Revealed [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 1] [Edited]
Getting to know you [part 2][Edited]
The Battle [Edited]
the Battle [part 2][Edited]
Mourning [Edited]
Friendship [Edited]
Jealousy
Miracle Part 1 [Edited]
Miracle Part 2 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 1 [Edited]
Relief and Pain Part 2 [Edited]
House not Home Part 1 [Edited]
House not home Part 2 [Edited]
Happily Never After [Edited]
Leave [Edited]
Heatwave Part 1 [Edited]
Heatwave Part 2 [Edited]
Epilogue [Edited]

Slip of the tongue [Edited]

81 4 0
Av crazymeltzar

Hey guys so this is the continuation of the previous part :) hope you enjoy!

**********************************************************************************************

My hands clenched into fists as those luminous green eyes stared straight into my eyes. 

"Tell me him what, Angel?"

Lucas' voice was suspiciously calm, a sharp contrast to the wildness swirling behind his eyes. He slowly pushed off the wall he was leaning on and prowled closer, his wild gaze landing on the arm that was caging me. 

My lips thinned into a line, frustrated that I had been cornered by the two of them. Self-preservation had me trying to jerk out of Havoc's hold, but it only served to tighten the bonds that held me against a muscled wall.

I glared at Havoc, shoving against his chest once more but he merely shifted his stance so that my feet were now trapped in between his, my arms constrained between out bodies. 

"Let me go."

I strained to get my voice out. Sweat beading on my back as my heart beat too hard, too fast. I could not let them be privy to my plans. I could not drag them into my blood stained life. 

"Let me go now." 

"Not until you tell us what has placed that darkness in your eyes, Angel," Havoc responded, his voice dangerously low.

I struggled to swallow the lump in my throat, staring mutely as the cerulean of his eyes faded into dark navy. The heat that came off him in waves seeped into my bones, making it impossible for the insidious cold to creep through the cracks of my defenses. 

But I held on stubbornly to my silence, holding myself as stiff as possible. I turned my head way from burning intensity of Havoc's gaze, closing my eyes to resist the temptation to just loose myself in the sensation he sparked within me.

"So stubborn."

I shivered as his warm breath tickled the tip of my ear, the blood pooling at my face. Instantly, I could feel my body softening in his hold. Biting down hard on my lip, I forced myself to resist him, to resist the electrifying pull in between us.

A soft sigh and I felt some of the warmth leave me. Frowning, I slowly opened my eyes to the beautiful, clear cerulean of Havoc's.

"I will not force you, Angel," he said, cupping my face softly in his hand. "But neither can I force this need to see you safe and happy to stop."

My heart jumped in my chest before it pounded a tattoo against my chest. 

"You worry about me?" 

It was an unbelievable thought, especially coming from a man who did not know the taint that was left on me. 

I watched, transfixed as his eyes softened, his hold on me loosening so that my body melted against his. "Of course I do. How can I not?"

"But--" The words that I was about to say were stolen from me as he lifted his mask slightly to press a tender kiss to my forehead. 

I froze, the soft feel of his lips against my skin a brand that pierced straight into my tender and bruised heart. His lips lingered on my skin before he pulled back slowly and adjusted his mask back on his face. 

It was then did I notice that his aura had shifted to envelope me, its light tendrils curling around the edges of my aura. My breath escaped in a gasp as his aura melded seamlessly with mine.

"That's not fair," I whispered, bunching his shirt in my hands. "You can't give me a surprise attack and expect me to have a comeback."

A sensual chuckle before I was crushed against his chest, his arms holding me tightly to him. Tears burned in my eyes as what was left of my defenses crumbled down into dust.

"I will try," I whispered. "I will try to tell you everything."

It was the only choice I could make. I was too weak  to resist the beautiful experience he had given me. I had nothing else to offer him but what was left of my degraded, tainted soul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well here it is," I said, spreading out some blueprints and pictures on a table.

After being unfairly cornered by both Havoc and Lucas that morning, I had reluctantly returned to gather my materials for the impromptu presentation. Of course Mike and Gary were roped in as well.

I glared at them, but they stared impassively back at me, obviously one in mind about the fact that they were not going to allow me the freedom to do anything they deemed dangerous.

I sighed. It was my wonderful luck that I was stuck with such gorgeous, protective men. 

 "So," I said clearing my throat.

 "According to my sources and research, it seems that Fiona is actually the daughter of a man who owns one of the largest shipping companies in the world."—I pointed to a picture of an old man who was scowling fiercely. His head was bald, his face free of facial hair, his eyes a steely gray that held a gaze so hallow and cold.

"His name was Draven Grey, the kingpin of the Greywaters Crime family that specialized in drug and arms dealings. He died recently due to a heart attack and thus, leaving his money and power to his sole successor Fiona, my ex-step-mother.

"I think Fiona was after my Father's will because whatever it contained would help her company obtain the necessary resources to make her company advance and with it, throw an even larger curtain over her crime activities."

Mike cleared his throat causing me to stop.

"If you don't mind me asking, Angel, do you know the exact contents of your father's will?" Mike asked, his sharp stormy grey eye piercing with intelligence.

"My father," I said slowly. "Controlled half of Asia's trade routes and owned some of the biggest shares on the market."

The eyes of all four men widen incredulously. I sighed in understanding. It came as a shock to me too. 

"My father's trusted associate or should I say family butler has been the one taking over my father's business after he died. It seemed to the world that my father was still alive. Mitchell, the butler, contacted me a few days ago after he heard of Fiona's attack, said that it was time for me to take over the reigns."

A heavy sigh escaped my lips, my body feeling tired and heavy. I put two fingers to my temple and rubbed it gently.

"But even with all the power I am being handed, none of it is a weapon honed enough to take Fiona down," I said, looking down at my fingers. 

"Angel," I heard Gary say.

I looked up at him and saw worry in his eyes.

"How are you going to handle that much power? You haven't even finished school yet?"

I looked at him, steel in my eyes. It was a question I too had asked myself the moment I learned the truth. 

"I understand your worry and I have spoken to Mitchell about this. I have told him that I have stopped going to the regular school, seeing as how Fiona would target me there." Gary and Mike exchanged a look with each other and were about to speak, but I raised a hand to stop them.

"He suggested I continue my training and lessons under private tutors. I have told him I would consider his request. But you know Gary, school has always been nothing but a formality for me. I have more knowledge than I can speak about. This you know is the truth.

"And besides, that power is as yet, beyond my control. I cannot direct it well enough to completely bring destruction down on Fiona."

Gary sighed and leaned back against his chair. "Yeah I know."

Giving him a small smile I knew he could 'see' behind my mask, I continued to look at the blueprints before me.

"This is where I believe I can find what I need in order to exact my revenge upon Fiona," I said. " These blueprints are the rough layout of a structure, a library, that was in fact built right here in the heart of this city. It is concealed to hide my father's secrets."

I had managed to obtain the blueprints on the day I visited my father's mansion back in London. I had gone through his study in hopes of finding the will but instead, I had found the worn out blueprints of maze called the Library.

"I must go here," I said, smoothing my hand over the prints. 

Taking a breath, I rolled the parchment up. 

Holding it in my hand, I closed my eyes and concentrated my aura around the oxygen particles that surrounded the parchment. Shifting the molecules, I increased their kinetic energy, allowing them to rub hard and fast on the surface of the parchment. In a sudden burst of fire, the parchment was consumed into nothing but dust. 

Allowing the pile of ash to flow through the cracks of my fingers, I closed my fingers slowly into a fist.

"I must go there," I repeated before turning around to grab my jacket of the chair.

The sound of chairs scraping against the floor echoed behind my own. Letting out a huff, I turned to walk toward the door, determined not to be stopped, when I felt a hand grip my arm and pulling me back. I gasped as the force of the pull had me falling into Havoc's arms. My arms instantly gripped his as he held me up, his eye blazing behind his mask.

"If you go then I'll be coming with you," he said softly, his hands tightening around my arms. I was about to protest but the intense look in his eyes had all my arguments drying up. It was like he was willing me to let him. I gulped and placed my hand gently on his chest.

I looked into his eyes for a moment longer, taking in the stubborn set of his jaw and the steel in his grip.

"So be it."

The words left my mouth reluctantly. It pained me, the knowledge that they were taking steps into my dark world. But it was no sooner that I could stop a typhoon that I could stop Havoc after he made a decision. 

I pushed away from him and walked resolutely to the door, wrenching it open. I could feel his piercing gaze burning the back of my head and I resisted the urge to turn around to look back at him. 

The spell he had cast on me wrapped me so tightly in a cocoon of warmth. It left me bare and afraid. I shook my head trying to clear it. Now was not the time to keep my head in the clouds. 

I shivered as the cold night air hit me, the sharpness of  it pulling me back to focus. I lunged into the night, allowing it to cloak me, to embrace me. Pulling my jacket tighter around me, I pumped my legs harder to gain momentum.

Jumping up and I grabbed a loose brick of the slimy alley wall and pulled myself up. I scaled up the wall with ease and I felt my heart pumping in my chest, the exhilaration of running free in the night consuming me. 

I allowed myself to sink in and blend into the night, to flow with the darkness. I smiled as the cool night breeze blew my hair back. Flipping over a fire hydrant that was placed awkwardly on the roof, I ran, my legs carrying me across the rooftops easily.

Just then I felt two familiar presences beside me. I smiled as Lucas' green cat like eyes glowed fire at me. I just continued to smile at Lucas, admiring how his movements we so smooth and cat-like. He, like me, had learned to flow with the darkness. It was our affinity. 

I then felt someone brush his shoulder against mine. I looked over to see Havoc, his blue eye twinkling at me like twin jewels. Looking away from him, I allowed my hair to fall around my face like a curtain as a lump of emotion threatened to choke me. 

 I couldn't feel any safer with these two hell cats running next to me. And I found that it was not an easy truth to admit. My hands clenched as I struggled to breathe pass the lump in my throat, my legs pumping harder to push me faster through the night. 

We flew across the rooftops, predators of the night that were invisible to the naked eye. It was to Havoc and Lucas' credit that they did not question me further, though I knew they were dying to know more. I was grateful, for I was not in the mood for conversation.

When I saw the familiar white building hidden artfully behind the town museum, I stopped. The wind blew my jacket around me and I shivered slightly at the cold and felt goose bumps rising on my skin. 

The sense of déjà vu hit me as I stared down at the large white building before me. My demon perked up as it the familiar scent that was carried to us by the wind. Tears welled up in my throat.

Daddy... I wish...I didn't have to do this.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind, their warmth slowly bringing me back to reality. Chest heavy with emotion, I leaned into the warmth, grateful for his presence. 

"Are we here Angel?" his voice breath into my ear. I shivered and placed my hand lightly over Havoc's. 

I nodded and tilted my head slightly to catch his scent and bring it deep into my lungs. My memories of the Library were not all clear, but I could remember my father warning me that it was not a place I should wonder around alone without him. 

"Angel."

I turned in Havoc's embrace and found Lucas looking at me. He stared at me intently before stepping closer to me and Havoc.

"This is the place?" He asked and I caught him glaring at Havoc who just chuckled and held me closer to him.

I blushed as I felt Havoc's hard body pressed tightly against my back but didn't move away. I felt strangely comfortable in his arms. Throwing a glance between the two suspicious men, who were no doubt up to no good, I stroked a hand slowly across Havoc's arm, the contact soothing me.

"The answer to taking Fiona out in within those walls Lucas," I said, his name slipping out from my mouth.

I froze at my mistake and knew that Havoc too had caught my slip of the tongue. It was in the way his body had turned rigid, how the muscles under my fingers bunched together. Biting my lip, I shut my eyes, mentally slapping myself.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

91 45 23
Just another Cinderella story. Emily Monroe is an up and coming advertising executive with big things on the horizon. That is, until the rug is pulle...
5.5K 465 26
Nowadays, human beings blindly stumble through life. But a life lived with regrets is a life not lived at all. Elle and Lou share the same regret. T...
2.3M 51.4K 30
BOOK ONE TO THE "Rejection Series" Ellie Martin had been harassed and ignored since the age of 13. She was once the child that always smiled, alwa...
1.5K 61 18
You are a maid working in the palace kitchens when one day you find Loki, the youngest prince of Asgard, hiding away nearby. You strike up an unlikel...