Rebirth of Fa Wei Lan : Volum...

By harui30

2 years is short... 2 years is long... Days pass like years. Years continues on for eternity... More

Chapter 1 : Young Master Bai
Chapter 2: Choose Me
Chapter 3: The Rumor
Chapter 4: Eighteen
Chapter 5: Still Remember
Chapter 6: Hot & Cold
Chapter 7: Grabbing A Tiger's Tail
Chapter 8: Teasing
Chapter 9: Medicinal Tea
Chapter 10: Did You Miss Me?
Chapter 11: The Wedding Date
Chapter 12: Lantern Festival
Chapter 13: Beauty of The West
Chapter 14: Jealousy
Chapter 15: Can't Let Go
Chapter 16: Foolish
Chapter 17: Wish
Chapter 18: Declaration
Chapter 19: No Longer Mad
Chapter 20: The First
Chapter 21: Sparrow to Phoenix
Chapter 23: Bridal Dress
Chapter 24: Bowing to Family
Chapter 25: Blue Jade, Red Jade
Chapter 26: Wedding Night
Chapter 27: Until I'm Satisfied
Chapter 28: Family Greeting
Chapter 29: Zhou Wei Lan
Chapter 30: Sweet Addiction
Chapter 31: Wang Fei
Chapter 32: The Foreign Princess
Chapter 33: Underestimate
Chapter 34: The Contest
Chapter 35: Already Yours
Chapter 36: Glaring
Chapter 37: Not Notice
Chapter 38: For His Attention
Chapter 39: Wang's Rule
Chapter 40: Sun, Moon, Stars
Chapter 41: You're Mine
Chapter 42: Be Spoil
Chapter 43: The Chen Siblings
Chapter 44: A Wife's Duty
Chapter 45: Her Plea
Chapter 46: The Trap
Chapter 47: We Meet Again
Chapter 48: Find Her At All Cost
Chapter 49: To Live
Chapter 50: His Cage
Chapter 51: Willing to Be Blind
Chapter 52: With or Without You
Chapter 53: Replaceable, Irreplaceable
Chapter 54: Past, Present, and Future
Chapter 55: A Full Heart
Chapter 56: Only One
Chapter 57: Cheated Fate
Chapter 58: Drugged
Chapter 59: Please Don't Kill Her
Chapter 60: Stolen Fate
Chapter 61: Returned Favor
Chapter 62: I'm Here
Chapter 63: Mercy
Chapter 64: The Truth
Chapter 65: Just Feng and Lan
Letter to Readers

Chapter 22: Hairpin

85.6K 3.2K 206
By harui30

As Wei Lan and Min walking away from the bakery...

Chen Kang exited the jewelry shop, looking up and down the street searching for the girl in the blue dress. When he couldn't find her, he rushed back into the jewelry shop and demand information from the owner. The owner was secretly amused but kept a confused expression. The owner doesn't know who the young miss was. He never saw her in the capital and assumed she was from another city. Chen Kang stared hard at the owner, seeing if he was lying. 

"The young miss seems to like that hairpin" The owner said carefully. "She must have been disappointed..."

Chen Kang frowned and looked at the hairpin in his hand. When he first saw it, he took it without hesitation. He had thought it suit his beautiful sister Hua Lan. Because of the recent event with Wang Feng, his sister had locked herself in her room. Despite his best effort to cheer her up, she wouldn't smile. His sister who loves to smile, dance, and play music - his sister who always have everyone attention and affections - but because of Wang Feng, his sister lost her smile. Wang Feng had disregard his sister for a small woman who couldn't be compare to a strand of his sister's hair.

Suddenly, he remembered the girl from a moments go. The girl with soft black hair in the long loose braid - the girl with lips so plump, so impossibly pink - the girl with skin touched by the sunlight, giving a porcelain color glow - the girl with eyes with the softest, clearest color - the same girl he just insulted for one hairpin. She didn't look upset. She didn't look bothered or hurt when he insulted her. She didn't even look afraid. Instead, she faced him with fierce eyes – so bright and clear that he forgotten himself.

Chen Kang brought a hand to his face and shut his eyes tight. He never regret anything he does. But in that moment, he felt nothing but regret. He knew after their encounter, her impression of him will never be good.

"Find that girl" Chen Kang was anxious while he gripped on the hairpin tighter.

His guards were surprised but quickly followed their master's order.

"Did she look at anything else?" 

The owner was surprised when the young man turned to him again. He had been so cold and arrogant before – now, he looked extremely restless.

"No, young master" The owner answered cautiously. "She had been interested only with that hairpin in young master's hand"

Looking at the hairpin, Chen Kang suddenly found it suitable for the girl. For the first time, he had found someone beautiful other than his sister. Chen Hua Lan beauty was apparent for anyone to deny – as pure as the whitest lotus flower. There wasn't a single day where Chen family does not receive gifts and offers to obtain the famous Beauty of the West as a bride. Chen Kang had always believe his sister's beauty was unmatchable. And yet, he couldn't stop the image of the girl barely pass 18. Her figure was nothing like this sister – it was softer, sweeter. His sister had grew up surrounded by many flowers, so her scent could intimidate and weaken men. But the girl's scent was gentler with a distinct smell of orchid. 

Chen Kang was at a loss because he met someone who was different than his sister but equally beautiful – different, but still, incredibly beautiful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 137K 55
My name is Calla Lind. Ever since my reawakening, I have live my life the way I wanted. I was able to be Calla, meet people as Calla, and have people...
3.5K 282 13
Be careful.........you are slipping............I don't want to lose my..........TRUST........in you.............Ah lan!!!!! This was a very emotional...
220K 6.8K 48
When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went through some tough sh*t and then like a phoe...
414 5 31
We started out as casual friends We became close friends It moved on to become a confusing friendship I loved You, I loved You not You loved Me, You...