The Boss And His Lover

By Wonder_Women123

He's the guy that's trying to find some answer. His mother's the one wanting a grandchild out of him. Thanks... More

The boss and his Lover
Bonding
Characters
The 'date'
Birthday
Tricked
Author's note
the psycho's return
Reunion
Authors note
The bar
Friend Zoned
Halloween special
Doomed
Best day ever
author's note
Christmas Special
A Promise
Sequel
Author's Note

First day of work

6.2K 171 7
By Wonder_Women123

Saiges' outfit for work

***************************

Saiges' (POV)
Two weeks later

I finally graduated. And I am now going to be known as the honour student of class 2017 graduates, how great is that!" Anyways it's my first day in the job and I'm earlier than I should be. Because of my issues of being to perky about work, I decide to go to Starbucks and get a drink. After coming back from Starbucks, I was now still a half hour early, so I decide to just check in.

"Welcome to Winston's incorporations, I'm Jessica, how may I help you?" She says with a big smile and I could tell it was sincere.

"Hi, I'm Saige Morgan, I'm the new personal assistant to Mr. Winston."

"Oh yes I was informed. He told me to tell you to go up to his office and someone will teach what you need to know. Now his office is on the 40th floor so take the elevator, unless you can walk that much." She says and we both giggle a bit, until I reply back to her with a 'thank you' before heading to the elevator. As I reach the 40th floor, an old lady greets me.

"Hello Miss Morgan, my name is Mrs. Smith and I the personal secretary that you will replace. Now, Mr. Winston said that you are a good employee, so I trust you will follow my instructions properly. Do you have a notepad to right everything down?" She asks and I reply,

"Uh yes and thank you for the help Mrs. Smith."

"That's what I'm here for dear." She says as I take out a notepad from my bag.

"First things first, you have to get Mr. Winston his coffee and his schedule every morning at his house, exactly at 6:00 in the morning. Secondly, he usually does wake up on his own, but if he goes out drinking the day before, you have to wake him up yourself with two aspirins and a glass of water. Now about the office work. He already has a secretary that does a lot of his work, but you have to do the rest, but usually it's dealing with his schedule, booking flights, calling people for him, taking calls as well and anything really that Mr. Winston asks. Your office is right next door to Mr. Winston's office and he will call you if he needs anything from you. You might also have to go on some business trips with him sometimes, but he will give you a two weeks notice, so make sure to have a passport. And I think that's it. did you get everything?"

"Yes." I say confidently.

"Wow, your better then I expected." She says in a surprised but happy tone.

"Thank you." I reply back with a big and bright smile.

"Now, go to Mr. Winston's' office and report to him that you arrived."

"Alright and have a nice relaxing during your retirement." I say smiling so much that my mouth almost turned numb.

"Thank you." She says and then heads to the elevator.

Nathaniel's (POV)

As I hear a soft knock on the door, I say on the other line, "Sorry I gotta go Sarah, I have to answer the door." As a relived sigh escapes my mouth, I yell out 'Come in!', so that the other side would enter.

"Um hello Mr. Winston, I'm here to report for the day." As I see Saige come in, I am shocked to see how beautiful she looks in her work attire.

"Alright then, Mrs. Smith will explain everything your job is suppose to do." I say smiling like a ninny

"She already did sir. After she finished explaining everything, she told me to come in and ask you what to do and then left."

"She still has her mojo, I'm gonna miss her." I take a pause before I continue speaking,

"Anyways, the first thing I need you to do is, call up Mr. Johnsons' secretary and ask to set up a meeting between us, secondly get a a fruit basket for a retirement present to Mrs. Smith and a small gift for her birthday which is next week and there is no limit to how much you can spend on the gift, just show it to me before you send it. And lastly after your done all that organize my files which are in those cabinets. Are you able to do all this?"

"Yes sir," she says as she heads out the door.

Ten minutes later

"Mr. Winston, I arranged a meeting between the two of you, but he was only available tomorrow and it's at 1:00pm because he wanted to have lunch with you and talk. I also have the fruit basket ready for Mrs. Smith, but I thought you should give the birthday gift and the retirement gift at the same time. And I picked a locket with her birthstone on it. I also thought she might enjoy a picture of those who were close to her in the company in it. Oh and the locket coasts about 85.99$." She says pointing to the screen." (Birthstone is diamond). As she hands me the locket, I am impressed at what she picked out and shocked at how little it coasts.

"You may get back to work now, but you did know you're allowed to spend more money on the gift right? This is to cheap." I say and she receives yet another shocked expression.

"For you it may not have been expensive, but for me that's the most expensive piece of jewelry I have ever picked out."

"Wow! I guess we definitely did live different lives."

"I guess you're right. Anyways, I should organize the files now." She says and I nod back going to my work.

An hour later

"Okay, I organized theses alphabetical order and I'm kind of surprised at how unorganized they were."

"Great work for the first day. How about we take a lunch break?"

"Sure I'd love to. Let me just get my purse." With that we were off to lunch. We got a few stares in the lobby at first, but then dialled down when Jessica kept telling everyone who gossiped to her that Saige is just an assistant. Growing to lunch with Ms. Smith has been so common, that everyone thinks me taking my personal assistant out for lunch is normal.

Saiges' (POV)

We arrive at what seemed like a five star restaurant and we were directly seated when they looked up to Nate's' face. "Wow, this looks really expensive." I think, but soon realize I just said it out loud,oops.

"Don't worry, it's my treat."

"If I deny it and say I'll pay, are you gonna bring up your pride and how I'm 'hurting' it?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies back with a smile.

As we sit down near a window, I am shocked at the gorgeous view.

"So, do you always take your P.A out for lunch?" I say giggling at the end.

"Sometimes not that often though, but I might change that." He says as he looks in my direction with a smirk.

"Slow your roll ho--" I stop in mid sentence before I finished my sentence. I can't believe I almost called him hot stuff. I blush as the memory crosses my mind.

I almost forgot that Nate was there until he cleared his throat while smoothing out his hair. "Oh sorry." I apologize

"Anyways, why dont you take a seat." he says as he pulls out my chair for me and I thank him. As soon as we were both seated, a waiter comes up to our table and asks if we're ready to order.

"I'll have a steak and mash potato's with garlic mushrooms on the side and white wine please." Nate says to the waiter and I am shocked at what he ordered, for lunch?

When I come back to reality after thinking about how rich people can eat like this everyday and not gain much weight, I tell the waiter, "I'll just have a cheese burger with grilled onions, lettuce, tomato and pickles, with sweat potato fries on the side and a mango smoothie please." And with that the waiter left.

"You're really interesting, you know that?" Nate says

"Oh really? Why do you say that?" I ask crossing my arms and giving him a curious smile.

"Well firstly, you didn't over react as much as I thought after you realized who I was. And secondly, I'd never met any girl who came into this restaurant and decided to order, especially when they found out that I'd pay." By that point I was wiping my tears of laughter,

"Well I guess now you know I'm unique." I say in between my laughter.

After a few minutes of him asking me questions, the food finally arrives.

"Alright, I've done all the talking, now it's your turn."

"Well, most of my life is in the open, so what is there to know?" He asks and there is the perfect thing that I was curious about,

"Well, I know it may be a bit personal and it isn't my business but," I say and he nods for me to go on, "But, how come you haven't settled down yet? I know your mom wants you too after what she did on your birthday." As I soon realize what I just said, I cover up my mouth.

"I'm guessing my mom was gossiping again?"

"More like June."

"Wow, that's surprising."

"Anyways.....Do you want to tell me or not, cause I don't mind either way."

"Well the truth is. I had a girlfriend before that my parents didn't know about." I just stare at him stunned.

"I never told them cause my mom really didn't like her at all  when I first introduced and who would have thought she was right. Her name was Jade. I thought that she was the love of my life, but then she had to go and break my heart. It happened two or three years since then. We both lived together at that time so I was pretty distant with my family. I decided that I wanted to be with her for the rest of my life, so I decided to surprise her. I told her that I'd be at work till late, but the truth was that I went to by a wedding ring. I had everything planned out, but when I went into ou--I mean my room, I seen her in bed with her driver." By then his head was in his hands and he was about to start crying. As I reach out to rub his back, I can see that he starts to calm down a bit. "And so, after that day I started misbehaving and acting out of my character. That's why I haven't settled down yet. My mom keeps on telling me to, but she doesn't the real reason behind it."

As I hear the ending of the story, I lift his head up so that he looks up at me, "She was an idiot to do that to you. I can tell that you were a really great guy and you loved her a lot, but she didn't deserve that. You may have made a mistake, but that's a part of life. Just imagine, do you think you'd be here right now if you hadn't made that mistake in the past. So, stop dwelling about the past and move forward." I finish off saying and I can tell it touched something in him by the look in his eyes.

As he holds both my hands in his, he says, "I guess you're right, thanks for that speech, I really needed it." After all that we decided to finish up our lunch and head back to the office.

The rest of the day was pretty normal, nothing else happened other than the event at lunch. And with that my first day at work ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 35.6K 50
I quickly turned away from him, to get the hell out of the room. But he caught my arm and pulled me back into his chest. Shit. Fuck. He buried his fa...
4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
10.5K 114 40
Brooke Zerker was kidnapped from her family, when she was only two years old and later on was placed in an orphanage, until she was 5. Things were go...
286 39 28
Charlie Adams never had it easy living her sixteen years of her life in the shadow of her popular sister Sam. Charlie suffered years at the hands of...