It Started In A Barn

By -marvelisms

Meet Zoey. She's your not so average 7 year old girl. Her mom passed when she was 4, and her dad is downrigh... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26.5
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 47.5
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49.5
Not An Update: Please Read
Chapter 50
Officially Offical

Chapter 1

22.3K 392 444
By -marvelisms

Zoey's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of the birds tweeting outside. Groggily, I sat up and yawned.

I was quickly greeted with rays of sunlight shining into my eyes. Pushing aside my scrappy blanket, I then slid out of bed.

I sighed slightly, not wanting night time to be over so fast. I went ahead and got myself dressed. I put on a white tank top and a sleeveless plaid shirt, along with a pair of capris. I then put on my favorite, though slightly worn out, pair of indigo converse.

I barely managed to tie them since nobody taught me how to tie my shoes, so I gotta work with what I got.

I headed into the bathroom. Quickly I brushed my teeth before messily put my  hair into a ponytail. It wasn't the greatest, but it at least kept my hair outta my face. I've always been interested with my hair. It's tricolored; a mix of brown, light brown, and a bit of blonde.

After getting myself together, I started making my way downstairs. It was quiet …..

That was never a good sign.

I heard his loud snores coming from the couch as I then walked into the kitchen. Moving around quietly, I made myself a small sandwich.

I quickly ate, not know when he would wake up. I then slowly made my way over to the door. Just as I was halfway there, my blood turned cold.

“Where the hell do you think you're going!?”

Gulping silently to myself, I turned around to see him wide awake, and standing up.
I looked at him fearfully. Jason's eyes were faintly bloodshot and he reeked of alcohol.

“I asked you a damn question.” He growled as he started walking closer to me

“I-I wasn't goin’ anywhere.” I mumbled

“Damn right you ain't. Your saying on this property for as long as you live.” He then hissed before looking around the kitchen.

“Why the bloody hell is a glass missing!?” He then demanded

“I tripped and fell. It broke in my hands.” I whispered as I glanced at my hands. They were still covered in the cuts from the glass shards.

“You stupid, useless, child!” He roared before he came charging towards me

Several minutes later, he finished, satisfied. I on the other hand, was covered in new bruises and a couple fresh cuts. He then left to go take care of his crap.

Wincing, I opened the door and walked outside, greet by to smell of fresh air. There was about an acre of land. Holding back tears, I made my way to the old barn that was far away from the house. Thank the heavens that he could care less about this place and never walked back here.

Using all my strength, I pushed open one of the barn doors and walked in. I then pushed it back shut, and made my way over to the opposite side of the barn. My personal hideout was hidden by several old hay bales. I made my way over them, making myself hidden from the door, before I got myself a little bag of chips and ate a bit.

It was peaceful for a few minutes until I then heard a mixture of gunfire and yells. Unsure of what to do, I froze in place. I then heard the barn doors slide​ open and shut. Soon the men's yells faded away. Suddenly, I heard a relieved sounding sigh.

Only it was...Mechanical sounding?

Curious, I peeked over the hay bales a little.

Then I saw a giant robot across from me, leaning up against the wall of the other side of the barn as he sat down.
Shocked, I quietly gasped. My mind went into overdrive as I then figured it out.

That wasn't just a robot…. It was an Autobot. I remember seeing them one TV once or twice before. I don't really know any of their names though.

I then quickly scrambled up and around the hay bales, revealing myself. I quietly walked over to the mech. It looked like he was preoccupied with messing around with his arm. I noticed that his coloring was a mix of black and yellow. I also noticed that it looked like he was...In pain.

“Hiya, are you alright?” I ask him as I walk over by his giant foot. He jumped a little. I think I surprised him a bit.

:: I'm mostly unharmed.:: He said to me

It sounded like he was talking with the radio. Cool!

He also sounded very sweet.

“What's your name?” I then asked him as I tried to climb up onto his leg

::Bumblebee:: He told me. It sounded like he was grinning a bit too.

“That's a cool name.” I said with a grin of my own and Bumblebee nodded in agreeance.

I then noticed him wince a bit before he started looking at his left arm.

“Are ya sure you're okay?” I question him

Bumblebee shrugged a bit in response before he lowered his other hand down to my level. I think he was offering for me me to climb on. I climb onto his hand as he then raised me up so I was eye level with him.

:: What's your name?:: 'Bee then asked as he looked at me with curiosity

I saw that his eyes were bright blue. They looked really neat!

“My name's Zoey.” I said to him with a playful smile

::Zoey... That's a nice name.:: ‘Bee said kindly

“Your name's nice too! It suits you!” I told him with a giggle

I heard Bumblebee chuckle in response. Then I saw him looking at me curiously again.

::How old are you, Zoey?:: 'Bee then asked me

“I'm seven!” I said happily to him after I counted it out on my fingers first

‘Bee nodded in response before he spoke to me again.

::You aren't gonna turn me in are you?:: He asked me, sounding a little fearful

Turn him in? Why on Earth would I do that!? He's an Autobot! One of the people that helped protect us! Why would I wanna turn him in?

“Of course I won't turn you in silly.” I said with a playful smile

Bumblebee then made what sounded like a sigh of relief.

::Thank you so very much.:: He then chirped to me, and I grinned slightly at him

“Why would people wanna trade ya in?” I asked him

::For money and other sorts of stuff.:: 'Bee said with a faint shrug

“Well ya don't have to worry ‘bout that with me! I don't wanna turn ya in! You're great!” I then told him with a giggle

'Bee chuckled and messed up my hair with one of his fingers.

“Bee….” I whined playfully, and he laughed a bit in response.

Bumblebee then shifted his position and set his left arm in his lap, grimacing a little, but he still kept me at eye level.

I glanced down at his other arm before look back at him.

“You are hurt, aren't you?” I asked him kindly

'Bee sighed a little.

:: I'm a little hurt, nothing major.:: He told me

“Lemme look.” I told him

Bumblebee the lowered his hand and I hopped on to his lap, surveying his arm. Some blue stuff was dripping off of it a little. I saw large pieces of metal missing on what I think would be his forearm area. And several pieces missing on one of his legs.

“I can fix ya!” I said eagerly

I happened to be rather good with mechanics. Mom showed me couple things I could do when it came to fixing stuff before she left. I miss her. But Bumblebee seems like a great friend!

::You can fix up my arm?:: 'Bee said to me, sounding a little surprised.

I think it was because of me being seven and all. What can I say? I'm a kid with a bunch a talents.

“Sure! I just gotta go get some stuff.” I told him as I climbed off of him

Bumblebee then looked at me.

::Please don't leave me.:: He said to me pleadingly

“Don't worry! I'll come back! I just need to grab some tools and stuff!” I said to him with a smile

'Bee nodded.

::Alright, I'll be wait for you!:: He chirped

I giggled before I then left the barn, making sure I shut the door, before I ran back to the house. I walked in and realized he wasn't here. I then saw a note taped to the fridge. I quickly read it over.

Squirt
I left out for a few hours.
Don't you dare break anything.

I rolled my eyes at it. I was actually really happy to have a new friend, I could careless about what he wrote.

I then left the kitchen and went into the garage. My ATV was there, and I squealed in joy. My ATV was blue and black. It was a 2014 Polaris Ranger 900 XP - Blue Fire LE. I went over to the old tools boxes. I loaded my ATV up with almost all of my scrap metal and tools. I then grabbed the keys and hopped on. I started it up before I drove out of the garage and back to where Bumblebee was.

A few minutes later, I pulled to a stop in front of the barn. 'Bee musta heard me because the door then slid open. I drove in and saw him standing there, supported with the wall of the barn, smiling down at me.

“I got my stuff 'Bee!” I told him happily as he shut the door and I put my ATV in park. I hopped out and bounced over to him as he sat down again.

:: That's great! That's a cool ATV you have.:: 'Been told me

“It was a gift from my mom when I turned 4.” I told him as I grabbed some metal and a couple tools.
'Bee offered his hand so I could climb on. I happily did so, and he then set me on top of his injured leg and I started to get to work.

“I can probably fix you up within a few hours.” I told him with a smile as I worked

::Alright, just don't hurt yourself.:: Bumblebee replied to me

There was then just the clinking of metal as I worked. I saw 'Bee wince several times as I went on. It must be painful for him. Oh! I have an idea!

“Hey 'Bee, since your a 'bot does that mean you have specific names for stuff?” I ask him

:: Kinda.:: 'Bee said to me

“What's your head called?”

::A helm::

“Your hands?”

::Servos::

“Your feet?”

::Pedes::

“Your eyes?”

::Optics::

I giggled as we went on.

:: What's so funny?:: 'Bee asked me as I was three quarters of the way done with his leg

“I just like the way you talk.” I said to him as I attached another piece of metal

'Bee nodded in response.

“Hey, Bumblebee?”

::Yeah?::

“Will you be my friend?” I then asked as I looked up at him

::Of course I will!:: 'Bee chirped to me

I felt like I would explode from happiness! I've never had a real friend before. Oh, this would be so much fun!

I grinned as I then attached the last piece of metal to Bumblebee's leg.

“Done! How's that feel?” I asked as I looked up at him

::It feels so much better. Thanks! You seem to be rather handy when it comes to mechanics.:: 'Bee said to me and I could hear him grin

“Yeah, I guess working with my hands is one of my talents.” I said to him with a grin and he nodded

“Want me to work on your arm now?” I asked him then

::Only if you're able to::

I looked at it realized I wouldn't be able to work properly with him sitting upright

“'Bee, do you think ya could lay down on your back?” I asked him

'Bee nodded and set me down off to the side before he laid down. Funny enough even with him laying down, the barn was still bigger!

I grabbed a few more tools and then started to work on his arm.

::So, Zoey, tell me a bit about you.:: Bumblebee said as he turned his head to look at me with his ey- I mean optics

“Well I'm seven.”

::Mhmm.::

“I'm good with mechanics and I like to draw.”

::Those are both cool!::

“My mom disappeared a bit after I turned four.”

::Aw, that's terrible.::

“My dad is no dad.”

I mumbled the last part. But it was very much true. My so called 'dad’ is a jerkhead. There's other words I could use to describe him, but that doesn't mean that I should.

::What does that mean?:: Bumblebee questioned as he narrowed his optics

“He is mean, drinks a bunch, and hurts me.” I mumble to him as I fidget with my hands, pausing on fix his arm

::HE DOES WHAT!?:: 'Bee roared as he bolts halfway up

I slid off his arm as he stood up.

::How dare that sire does that to you!:: Bumblebee growled

“I know 'Bee, but there's nothing I can really do.” I told him, trying to calm him down

'Bee  growled again and his battle mask then clicked on. That mask is awesome! But then again that might mean problems are going to come.

“'Bee please calm down. If you do anything rash, people will figure out your here and take you away.” I pleaded with him

Bumblebee stood still, as though he was debating about doing something. He then sat back down and his mask slid off and clicked back into its original place.

:: Sorry Zoe.:: He said to me as he looked over at me

I grinned at him.

“It's fine. I've never had anyone be that concerned about me.” I kindly told him as he layed back down.

:: That's terrible Zoe.:: 'Bee then said to me as I went back to fixing his arm

“I guess. Nobody has ever really protected me much.” I said with a slight shrug

It was quiet for  a bit until Bumblebee spoke again

:: Zoe?::

“Yes?”

:: I'll protect you::

I felt my heart soar with joy. I set down my tools and hugged his hand, and I heard him chuckle a little.

“You're the best, 'Bee!”

Hiya! So this is my first transformers fanfic. What do you think of it so far? The photo belongs to me.

Peace out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 925 8
WARNING: I don't own Transformers or any of its characters!! About a young, abused girl named Melody. When she gets kicked out for the night she goe...
63.5K 1.8K 62
"Space Girl, show me the stars You know the galaxies of my heart." ~ space girl by frances forever | Onyxia, the daughter of Optimus...
70K 2.2K 28
Transformers - Age of Extinction || Story 4 || 5 years has now passed after the Chicago war and so much has happened. Y/n has been trying to find Opt...
11.4K 389 45
Lora is healing. The world she was pulled into only months ago fell apart, and only now is she starting to rebuild her life. But nothing is ever that...