Chapter 9

Zoey’s P.O.V.

I hummed contently in my seat as we drove. We were now on hour 5 of our trip. I looked out the window and saw parts of forest and desert as we drive.
‘Bee had made his holoform vanish a while ago.

I scrolled through one of the books Gadget had downloaded for me. It was about Sharks, and was also really cool. I think sharks are now my second favorite animals. I like how many different species there are of them.

“Ah….desert terrain real soon.” Gadget’s voice then called through the comm

::It'll be nice to finally transform.:: ‘Bee replied with a chuckle

“It'll be cool to see you both in your bipedal forms.” I said with a grin, gaining a laugh from both of them

“How's everything going Zoe?” Gadget questioned me

“Great! I like the new book you gave me!” I answered cheerfully

::Which one?:: ‘Bee questioned

“Yeah, I put several on there.” Gadget added

“The shark one. I think the Great White is one of my favorites. Did you know an adult can weigh up to 2,400 pounds?”

::Cool!::

“Interesting.”

I smiled lightly the radio before going back to reading.

Soon more time passed and we arrived in the desert.

“Oh yeah!” I heard Gadget cheer

Bumblebee and I both laughed. A moment later, I heard the revving of an engine and I saw Gadget passing us. Boy, he wasn't kiddin’ about his engine. He went FAST.

::Haha, no way am I lettin’ that happen:: ‘Bee said

I then felt my seat belt tighten up slightly before he then increased his speed.

I laughed as he caught up to Gadget.

“Fair enough sneak.” Gadget teased before he slowed down, ‘Bee following ensuit.

A moment later, we came to a stop in the middle of the desert.

::Here, hop out for a sec Zoe.::  ‘Bee then said

“Okay.” I chirped before grabbing my couple things and climbing out.

A few seconds later, I heard clicking and whirring.

Within less than a minute, stood Bumblebee in his bipedal mode.

He looked down at me and lowered a servo for me to climb on; which I did, and he set me up on his shoulder.

“Ah, finally, it's nice to truly walk again.” I then heard Gadget say

I turned my head slightly and saw another ‘bot coming over to us.

It looked like he was built similar to ‘Bee. He had extra armour on his arms and torso though. His main color was orange, with white as his secondary color I think it's called. I could also see some black here and there. He also had the same bright blue optics like 'Bee. I grinned slightly at him.

“Howdy.” Gadget said with a grin as he tipped an invisible hat at me, making me laugh.

I heard 'Bee chuckle a bit.

::How much longer till we get to Texas?:: He questioned

Gadget looked thoughtful for a moment before speaking.

“Well seeing that we can actually drive, and not be stuck dealing with idiots who have zero idea how to drive. We more than likely have an ETA of 3 to 4 hours. Depends.” Gadget said with a so-so shake off his servo