The Boss And His Lover

By Wonder_Women123

He's the guy that's trying to find some answer. His mother's the one wanting a grandchild out of him. Thanks... More

Bonding
Characters
The 'date'
Birthday
First day of work
Tricked
Author's note
the psycho's return
Reunion
Authors note
The bar
Friend Zoned
Halloween special
Doomed
Best day ever
author's note
Christmas Special
A Promise
Sequel
Author's Note

The boss and his Lover

12.7K 245 4
By Wonder_Women123

Nathaniels' (POV)

It's been an hour since I left the house and I still can't get away from my mom.

"Nathaniel, why can't you just think about it?" my mother asks.

"Because, it's only been a day since I met Sarah and you're already asking me if I think of her as marriage material." I say annoyed.

"Well, it's not my fault. Your the one who's about to turn 26 and you still haven't found a wife." she replies back in the same tone.

"Yeah, Yeah,  I told you when the time is right, I'll find who I'm meant to be with."

"Honey, you know I love you and you know I believe in true love, but YOU'RE TURNING 26 YEARS OLD! For goodness sake please find someone. I really want grandchildren and I also want you to be happy." she says in her nagging tone.

"Mom! I love you, I really do, but you know you can't make me fall in love with someone."

"I know I can't, but could you please try? I don't even care what kind of girl your dad wants for you anymore, I just want you to find someone. Could you do at least one thing for me?"

"What do you want?" I ask desperate to get rid of her by now.

"Your birthday's on Sunday." I nod, "There will be a lot of girls at that party. And you , have to give them a shot and try to have a connection with one of them, for me?" She asks with so much hope in her eyes.

"If I say I'll try will you leave my office?"

"Yes." she nods vigorously

"Then fine."

"I love you so much!" she says happily as she kisses my cheeks.

I reply back with an annoyed sigh as point at the door for her to leave.

"Alright, alright, I get it." she says as she heads for the door.

Sigh....Why does my mother have to be soo pushy. The last time she had this conversation with me was yesterday, during dinner, while Sarah was in the room. Because of my mother again, after dinner she was saying she wanted to go steady with me. That was the sixth girl this week who asked me out. All thanks to my mother. I try to forget about my mother and this situation while I work. After about  two hours later, my brother comes into the room....

"What's up Alex..." I sigh

"Hey, is mom bugging you again?"

"Yeah and I'm seriously thinking of jumping off a cliff." I reply annoyed.

"I understand how you feel, I was in your shoes before too, remember?"

"And how'd you deal with it again?" I ask sarcastically

"I went to Japan and didn't tell anyone." He replies back with a wide grin

"Oh yeah I remember that now! Mom almost called the FBI." We both laugh together. "You're lucky I was able to stop her."

"Yeah I know. I still owe you because of that."

"I know." I say and we both continue to chuckle.

"Alright, alright, I get it. Now, let's go out for lunch."

"I really don't wan--" I say but get cut off before I can finish,

"Did I ask if you wanted to come?" Without another word said, I get pulled out from my office and into my new Lamborghini.

"Where do you want to go?" I say as I start the ignition.

"Oh there was this bakery/café that mom told me about. She said they made really good desserts."

"Alright."

It took about half an hour to reach to reach the shop and when we finally did, I was surprised at how petite it was. Usually dad never leaves mom after I inherited the company. And since that day, my dad spoils my mom and I know, my dad would never take my mom to a café like this.

"Dad would never take mom to a café like this."

"I know mom didn't come here ." He says and realizes that he forgot his own lie.

"Who told you about this place?" I say sternly

"Um...Sarah?" He says in almost a whisper

"I'm out!" I say as I walk back to the car but am instantly pulled back next to him.

"Come on! She says it was a good place." He says trying to convince me. As I sigh as a sign of lost, Alex pumps his fist in the air as a sign of victory, before pulling me into the bakery.

As we both walk into the café, we are instantly showered by the smell of sweets. I don't hate sweets, but they aren't on my list of likes. "I know what that look means." he replies annoyed.

"Whatever, you know I didn't like sweets since my first birthday when I threw up the cake when mom fed it to me."

"I remember that. You threw up all over grandpa's pants." we both laugh

"Don't remind me, Grandpa held a grudge for a long...long time." As we head to the counter, Alex rings the bell.

"I'll be right there!" says a sweet and delicate voice. While I look at her from behind as she is placing the freshly bake loafs of breads onto the trays, I notice her long straight brown hair which made me intrigued. As she turns around I suddenly am more interested at how...natural she looks, especially compared to other girls I've met. As I stare into her pale blue eyes, I can only see pure and innocence.

"Hey, what's tasty around here? Other then you." Alex says in his flirty tone while I roll my eyes.

"Sorry dude, not interested." With those few words, she was able to completely leave my brother speechless. While my brother tries to come up with a comeback, I try my best to cover up my laugh, but it was a difficult. I never thought a girl could make my brother this speechless.

"Sorry about my brother. He's a bit of an idiot." I say without a care in the world and in return I receive an offended Alex and a giggle from the girl who's nametag writes Saige.

"It's alright. Anyways, what can I get you guys?"

"What would you recommend?

"Well, we're famous for our white chocolate cheesecake, but for those who don't like to much sugar, we have a coffee cake and other flavours as well, if you have preferences. I can get you a menu, if you'd like?" she offers

"No it's alright, I'll have a slice of coffee cake and for my brother the white chocolate cheesecake and to cups of coffee."

"Alright and what would you like in your coffee?"

"I'll have one spoon full of sugar and a bit of milk."

"Alright, and for your brother?" she asks, while writing in the cash register.

"He'll have two spoons of sugar, a minimum amount of milk, one mint leaf and some whip cream on the top."

"That'll be 10.20$ and is it to go or for here?"

"Here."

"Alright, you guys can take a seat and I'll get your order ready."

As I hand her a twenty dollar bill she heads to the back and I snap my fingers to bring my brother back to reality. "Wow, I never though a girl could ever make you this speechless." I laugh replaying the event in my head.

"How could she not be all over this." He says pointing to himself.

"It's because she's the opposite of the girls you've dated and those who chase after you.

"What's the differences?"

"She actually has a brain."

After about 6 minutes or so, Saige comes back. "Alright, one cheesecake, one coffee cake and two cups of coffee one with a spoon full of sugar and a bit of milk and the other with two spoons of sugar, a minimum amount of milk, one mint leaf and some whip cream on the top, is there anything else you guys need?" she says in one deep breath.

"How about your phone number?" he says trying to recover from the blow, like an idiot.

"No offense dude but, never gonna happen." she says annoyed by now.

"But--" Alex tries to get a word in, but she stops him.

"And don't try using the line 'isn't the customer always right' thing cause, they can be wrong when it comes to guys flirting with the waitress and not asking about the food. Now, is there anything else I can get you on the menu?" she says crossing her arms with a bit of sass in between it all.

"There's nothing else, thank you." I say holding in my laughter while watching my brother stunned once again.

We spend about 15 minutes talking and enjoying the food. The cake was delicious and the coffee was magnificent. As Saige comes to pick up the dishes I hand her a tip.

"This is to much." she says handing me the tip back but I deny it.

"Don't worry it's nothing and you deserve it. After all, you had to deal with my brother. Hearing that, she changes her shocked expression into a wide grin,

"Thank you very much, and have a nice day." she says with a huge grin on her face, before she heads back to behind the counter.

"Your very welcome." I say with a grin on my face as well and in a whisper so no one could here me except for me.

As we head back to my Lamborghini, Alex says, "You know, even if she has no taste, she was pretty cute and I think she liked you too." he says a bit grumpy but ends his sentence with a smile.

"I was acting like a customer and she was doing her job and the fact that she didn't go after you, means she has amazing taste." After him getting offended for who know how many times today, we return back to my office.

"I just realized." Alex says.

"What is it?" I ask staring at the files my assistant handed me as I walked in through the doors.

"She didn't know who we were." He says. When I finally process what he just said, I stop walking and stare at him bewildered.

"Now it make sense why she thought 50$ was a big tip and why she didn't flirt back with you." I say and he nods back, but after a minute, he realizes what I had just said.

"Hey......, what's that suppose to mean?" he says crossing his arms.

"It means girls only like you based on your wealth." I say not caring if it breaks his 'machioness'

 "Hey,......Girls think I'm hot. They're not, always after my money." he says as he pouts.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night." I say and continue to focus back on my work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 235 25
#1 in Passionate #1 in Interesting [A CLICHE MAFIAN/CEO ROMANCE, OR IS IT REALLY?] ● Cover picture is taken from Pinterest, credit to the respective...
122K 2.4K 36
**DISCONTINUED** kaycei finds out that she's pregnant by her supposedly "bestfriend" . what will happen between the two ? will it remain the same or...
372K 9.7K 35
Kendrick Ryans is the CEO of Ryans Corporate. He's also a big playboy until his playboy behavior was forced to stop. To keep his position and his fat...
177K 6.1K 37
Emily Montgomery had never done anything wrong in her life. She obeyed everything her parents ever asked of her. But now she finally has to break awa...