I'd tell you the truth, But S...

By NotLostButWandering

[BOOK 1 IN THE HIDDEN AVENGER SERIES] Astrid Warren. Your average high school girl. Right? Only if every 14... More

Authors note- Skip
Introduction
The begining of an unknown adventure
What is going on here? Part 1
What is going on here? Part 2
To sum up the events..
Finding Out
A New Hero Rises
Where darkness meets light
A state of mind
The act of learning
Through Sorrow and Power- Part 1
Through Sorrow and Power- Part 2
Hard Truth and Acceptance
We will be Unbroken
It won't end like this
Revenge is best served when not dying
That solves that problem
Epoluge
Second book

This is only the beggining

2K 60 16
By NotLostButWandering

Chapter 8

I walk back to the control room next to Coulson. He has an amused smirk while I am wearing a triumphant smile. Looking at the table and control panels, I notice that the only person I knew was Maria. I also noticed that none of the agents would look at me.

"Set us on the trail for course 298. Stay hidden, people." She directed, walking toward us. A questionable look is noticeable as she looks down at me.

"Are you Ok? I saw what happened earlier, but Phil insisted on going after you." Hill pointed at him accusingly. I covered up a small laugh with a cough.

"Yea. I'm fine. It was all just really sudden. But I am fine now, seriously."

"I believe you. Why don't you head to the lab? Stark and Banner are there. They could use the help of a genius."

I chuckled and nodded, fully knowing that Hill and Coulson wanted to chat. I walked out the door into a blank corridor. They get old after a while. As I walked, I got some side looks from other agents. Never for long and full of fear. Not like I cared. I accepted the fact that I am dangerous.

I got to the door of the lab and placed my hand on the lock. I took a deep breath and pressed the button. The door hissed open. I walked in. Stark looked up from his work.

"Mini Stark! There you are. I was wondering why you were running earlier, but Bruce here filled me in."

I smiled a bit. "I guess he did." Banner looks up and gives me an apologetic smile as I walk a little more into the room.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I know what is like. Trying to hold the other one in. The difficulty of not letting them out."

"Its fine, I only acted like that because of the way it was received. To suddenly find out that you have been living a lie for who knows how long. The only thing I am confused on is about the difficulty of not letting them out." Stark looked at Banner, then back at me.

"Is it about her hair turning green?" I sat on the edge of a table and tilted my head. I was confuzzled.

"We thought you knew," Banner said, slightly uncomfortable, "When you started yelling at Fury, when your emotions went insane, your hair changed. It turned a dark green and your pupils became big. Your eyes darker."

I thought about it, going over to a screen Banner was at.

"By what you told me, I kind of think that if I get mad enough or if my emotions become jumbled together, my hair and eyes will change. But I don't get any strength or transform. Its more of a fear factor thing. Pretty cool. Oh, and Banner? This equation has an error in it."

"Alright, that is different. And what is the error?"

Tony also jumped in. "Well, you are taking this well."

"First, I learned to accept this, because I can't change it. Its a part of me now. Second, this is supposed to be a=3m5, not a=5m8."

He nods an applies the changes. The entire equation changes and gives a better result.

"Mini Stark, get over here and help me now."

-----Banner's Lab, Night-----

Stark and I are looking at screens, rearranging and solving different equations and algorithms. Banner is running a hand- held detector over Loki's scepter.

"The gamma readings are defiantly consistent with Selvig's reports on the tessaract. But its going to take weeks to process."

"What if we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer Cluster?" I suggest. Stark nods.

"We can clock this around six hundred teraflops."

"And all I packed was a toothbrush." I chuckled, looking up from my screen to face the two. Stark was smiling.

"You know, you should come by Stark Towers sometime. Top ten floors, all R and D. You'd love it. Its Candyland." Banner shifted, looking a little uneasy.

"Thanks, but the last time I was in New York, I kind of broke Harlem."

"Well, I promise a stress free environment. No tension. No surprises." He pokes Banner with a small rod, that has a small electrical jolt to it.

"Ow!"

"What the heck, Stark?" I question as Rogers walks in, having seen what happened.

"Nothing?"

"Hey, are you nuts?" Rogers directs this at Stark.

"You really have a lid on it, haven't you? What's your secret? Mello Jazz? Bongo Drums? A huge bag of weed?" I start to feel small and decide to stay out of this. Sorry Banner, I don't want another close call.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Rogers asks, getting mad at Stark.

"Funny things are."

"Threating the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny. No offence Doctor or Astrid."

"I would have already left if I couldn't handle the tension, Rogers." Bruce nods.

"No, its alright. I wouldn't have come aboard if I couldn't handle pointy things."

"Your tiptoeing, Big Man. You need to strut." Stark remarks.

"And you need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark." Thank you, Captain, for brining the tension back.

"You think I'm not? Why did Fury call us and why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation if I don't have all the variables."

"You think Fury's hiding something?"

"He doesn't tell us things because its classified and for our own good." I spit out harshly at Stark.

"He's a spy, Captain. He's THE spy. His secrets have secrets." Stark turns to Banner, "Its bugging him too, isn't it?"

Banner was becoming nervous. "Uh....I just want to finish my work here and...Uh."

"Doctor?" He waits a moment before replying to Rogers.

"'A warm light to all of mankind.' Loki's jab at Fury about the cube."

"I heard it." We all did, Rogers. Banner pointed at Stark.

"I think it was ment for you. Even if Barton didn't post it all over the news."

"Oscorp? No. The Stark Tower? That big, ugly," Stark shoots Rogers a look, "Building in New York?"

"Its powered by Stark Reactors. A self-sustaining energy source." I jump in.

"That building will run its self, for what, a year?" Banner questions.

"That's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now."

"So, why didn't S.H.I.E.L.D bring him in on the tesseract project? I mean, what are they doing in the energy business anyway?"

"I should probably look into that once my decryption program finish's breaking into all of S.H.I.E.L.Ds secure files."

"What?!"

"I'm sorry, did you say..?" Rogers questions at the same time as my outburst.

"Jarvis has been running it ever since I hit the bridge. In a few hours, we'll know every dirty secret S.H.I.E.L.D has ever tried to hide. Blueberry?"

"I can't believe you, Stark." I say, getting ready to leave.

"Yet your confused on why they don't want you here?"

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not cool."

And with that I got up and walked out the door. A fight was coming, and there was too much tension. Walking through the halls, I decided to go to a place where only a small amount of agents would be.

A/N- I hope you are all exited. I have a long chapter, and I added a little spoiler!

"See if you can find it and guess where it will lead. *Throws down note card* Am I done?"

*sighs* I guess. I also felt like I was taking to long to update, so yea.

"Ok then, Vote and comment."

I am so exited to have this many votes! And comment what you think the spoiler was and who the mystery person is! Unless I already told you.

"Really?"

Yep.

~Dusk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 124K 37
"Her name is Hela," he replied, watching the infant lose interest in the shield and move onto something else. Hela looked up at the mention of her na...
14.3K 241 27
When (Y/N) was 5, her parents died on a very dangerous mission of SHIELD. Only one person survived. His name was Phil Coulson. He promised (Y/N's) p...
126K 4.2K 188
*** I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read my book, I can not believe it has over 50k views! I appreciate you all so much 💙 Spenc...