Say You Won't Let Go

By StrangeBlob

I've always lived with my mother and sister. But things happen, lives change... People change. Best ranking: ... More

The News
A Reunion
The New School
Beautiful Days & Ugly Assumptions
The Girl With Emerald Eyes
Butterflies
Dancing Under The Moonlight
Cookies & A Movie
Jerks & Rumors
Broken Eyes
Dinner Disaster
The Troublesome Adventures
Fights & Gazes
Falling
Wrong Doings & Wrong Words
Her Marks
After School
A Realization
Labs & Conversation
Truthful Lies
Words On The Lockers
Promises
The Question
The Final Words
Momentary Peace
The Fatal Answer
Running Free
The Empty Gun & Broken Bullets
Smiles & New Information
The Coward & The Hero
Cookies, Pizza & Grins
Flirting & Worry
Trust & The Stumble
Admittance
The Reason Behind It All
The Demons Of Her Past
Dinner & Explanations
Friends & Their Advice
The Effects Of Emerald Eyes
The Truth Always Comes Out
Bathroom Stalls & Changing Times
Quiet Night
Revealed Secrets
The Gift Of A Lifetime
Past Reasons & Transparent Emotions
What Happened In The Past
Paradise
Home & Stories
Traditions & Mistletoes
Lunch Dates & Mistakes
Little Sisters
Purple Roses & Row Boats
The Strongest Of Them All
A Summer Night
Epilogue

The Flight

9.6K 243 39
By StrangeBlob

I feel hands on the side of my torso, shaking me from the peacefulness of sleep. I groan, rubbing my eyes open. Orange and pink sunlight streams in from my window beside my bed. I furrow my eyebrows, confused to why the sunlight has been dyed different colors when I see my mother standing near my bed.

"Mija, your airplane trip is in two hours. It's time to get up." Sinu warns, looking down at me sprawled out on my bed.

"You're joking, right?" I scoff, turning my body to look at my clock. "It's 3 am. I'm not getting up."

"Yes, you are." Mom protests, throwing my blankets off me. I whimper while the coldness of October chills my bones.

"No, I am not." I growl, snatching my sheets out of her hands. "I didn't pack my bag last night like you asked me to. I'm not leaving. I have a test today and a presentation I can't be late for."

"That doesn't matter, Camila." Sinu says, reaching behind her and pulling up the red suitcase I saw earlier up to my bedside. "All your grades will be transferred over and I came in and packed your bag for you."

"But I don't want to go!" I beg, glaring at my suitcase. "Why? At least give me some closure."

"I can't do that." Sinu dips her head, her eyes sorrowful. "I'm sorry."

"Then I'm not leaving without an explanation." I cross my arms, sitting up in my bed. My loose red pajama shirt hangs off one shoulder as I tilt my arms.

"Karla Cabello." Sinu says calmly, taking a deep breath. "We are leaving now. Get out of bed and get dressed."

"What about Sofi? Is she just staying here alone? She is too young for that." I remark snidely, narrowing my eyes.

"Sofi is already up and dressed like a good child to drive you to the airport." Sinu growls, her eyes becoming angry. "She is coming with us."

"So it is about me not being a good kid, isn't it?" I snap. "You just said she is a good child so what does that make me?"

"You are a good daughter, Camila." Sinu raises her voice, making me inwardly cower away. I hate when people yell at me.

"Then don't make me go!" I cry out, hugging myself tightly. "I never did anything wrong!"

As I rack my brain for things I could have messed up, my blood runs cold. What if my mother found out about my sexuality and that's why she is sending me to my father? No, that can't be it. I've never told anyone about that. It's impossible. It has to be something else.

"And you're right!" Sinu yells, making my bottom lip tremble. "But this isn't in my hands anymore!"

"I'm not leaving." I whisper, suddenly fearful of my mother's yelling tone. I hate it so much but I can't deal with raised voices and angry tempers.

"What did you say?" Sinu demands, her eyes hostile. I feel my body beginning to shake now under her gaze.

"I said I'm not going." I say a tiny bit louder, dropping my gaze in fear that I'll begin to cry.

"Karla Camila Cabello Estrabao!" Sinu practically screams, making tears prick in my eyes. I shut them quickly, trying to rid of the sadness. "Get up!"

"Okay." I whimper, standing up and walking past her. I keep my head low to hide the few tears trickling down my cheeks.

Taking this as an appropriate answer, Sinu leaves to let me get dressed. I slip off my pajamas and slide on a loose gray shirt with the number 7 on it and some tight blue jeans. I ruffle my hair in an attempt to look good. I frown at the output.

"Hurry up!" Sinu's voice hollers from downstairs. "Grab your bag and get ready. It's almost 3:30!"

"I'm coming!" I yell back, wiping one last tear away before trekking down the stairs. I enter the hallway, walking into the living room after that.

Sinu and Sofi are waiting for me, both of them looking surprisingly upset. Sofi is looking down, her eyes clouded with emotion while Sinu staring at the door with longing.

I cough loudly, causing Sinu to look at me and Sofi to lift her eyes to me. She jumps out of her seat, hugging me tightly.

"I can't believe you're leaving." She cries, her face buried in my stomach.

"Neither can I." I reply sadly, shooting a glare over to my mother. She doesn't meet my harsh gaze.

"Why can't you just stay here?" Sofi pleads, looking up at me. I sigh, shaking my head in equal sorrow.

"I don't know why."

"We better go now." Sinu prompts suddenly, her voice unexpectedly tough. Sofi lets go of me reluctantly, walking toward the open door. I grab my freshly washed black jacket, slipping it on before walking out the door.

-~-

We pull up to the large airport, parking near the entrance. I glare at the dreadful place, pulling out one of my earphones.

"Do you want us to walk you in?" Sinu asks, looking over her shoulder at Sofi and me.

"If 'us' includes you, then no." I growl, kissing Sofi's cheek before opening the door to leave.

"I love you, Kaki." Sofi says to me, her voice close to breaking.

"I love you, too." I promise, smiling sadly. "I'll call you later, okay?"

"Okay." Sofi sighs, waving weakly. "Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Sinu starts to call my name. "Ca—"

And with that, I slam the door shut. I pop the trunk, grabbing my suitcase out and entering the airport doors.

A wave of air rushes over me as I walk into the huge building. People are scattered everywhere, some in large groups and some alone. I plug my other earphone back in, letting Drops Of Jupiter fill my ears.

I begin to take steps to the front desk, checking my luggage in and weighing it before it can be loaded onto the plane. The lady smiles and waves me off to help the next customer.

I find my gate number, sitting on a bench near the entrance. I still have an hour or so until the plane is ready to take off so I scroll through my music in the meantime. I eventually lose myself in myself, allowing the music to take me away from here.

An hour passes before the intercom blares with the message that flight 13 is boarding now. I check my ticket to see that that is my plane. I turn my phone onto airplane mode before heading to give my ticket to the man at the entrance.

He lets me in and I walk down the long tunnel to the plane. I find my seat and I sit down, buckling up. I look out the window, feeling tears prick my eyes at the sight of my home.

This is what I'm leaving.

I shut my eyes tightly, taking a deep breath before shutting the window. I lean my head back, letting the music melt my veins.

Life is moving on and taking me with it.

-~-

After five hours of endless sky, the intercom goes off.

"We have reached Miami." The man's deep voice says, the crackling from the microphone obscuring his words. "Be prepared to depart in a few minutes. Your luggage will be near the bathrooms."

He must be a man of his word, because a few minutes later, the plane lands softly and everyone unbuckles and unloads. I turn my phone off airplane mode, seeing as I have received quite a few text messages from Noah.

When I say a few, I mean a gajillion:

At 6:15 am: My Main Man: you better be up by now, Mila.

At 7:35 am: My Main Man: why aren't you here yet?

At 7:40 am: My Main Man: are you sick?

At 8:05 am: My Main Man: why aren't you here? We have our presentation in an hour!

At 8:30 am: My Main Man: sorry, the study hall lady took my phone but I'm back now. You better be here soon!

At 8:45 am: My Main Man: I'm freaking out, Camila! Why aren't you here?

At 8:47 am: My Main Man: oh my god, are you dead?

At 8:55 am: My Main Man: KARLA!!!!!

At 9:00 am: My Main Man: its passing time now. I better see you in Mr. Smith's class at 9:03.

At 9:03 am: My Main Man: why aren't you here? Class is starting!

At 9:22 am: My Main Man: we are next! Camila, you promised you'd be here...

At 9:25 am: My Main Man: oh god..

At 9:48 am: My Main Man: I totally didn't know your parts, we flunked this! I tried my best but it wasn't good enough.

At 9:50 am: My Main Man: I can't believe you weren't here. What happened?

At 9:57 am: My Main Man: I'm angry. There, I said it.

Guilt washes over me. It's 10:00 am right now, I totally missed science class. I didn't even tell him. I'm the worst. My phone dings again before I can respond.

Right now: My Main Man: okay, I'm sorry for what I said. I miss you, Mila. Did something happen? Are you okay?

I groan to myself, pressing Noah's contact and calling him. I bring my phone up to my ear, exiting the plane with everyone else as I pray he answers me. Before the final ring ends, his voice fills my ears.

"Camila!" He whisper-yells, his tone angry yet I can detect relief among his words. "Where are you?"

"I'm sorry, Noah." I sigh, leaving the tunnel and walking into the Miami airport. I don't pay attention the scenery, but the heat demands my attention. It's boiling here! "I got all your messages. I can explain..."

"Just answer my question, Mila." Noah sounds stressed and the noises of running water echo in the background. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Noah." I assure him, sighing. "It's just that my mom made me move to Miami without reason and—"

"Miami?" He shouts loudly, shock lacing his words. He then lowers his voice again. "Sorry, I know you hate yelling. But, you're kidding me, right? That's so far away!"

"I know," I sigh, shaking my head. "But I'll still call you and stuff. I promise, Noah. This one I won't be breaking."

"And you're okay with this?" Noah asks, his voice trembling.

"No, I'm not!" I protest, taking a deep breath. "My mother forced it upon me."

"Why?"

"I don't know." I admit, glancing around the airport with wide eyes. I see the luggage belt but a large sign catches my attention instead.

The signs reads 'Karla Cabello' in large letters and a man is holding it.

__

A/N: hallo! I hope you are doing wonderful today, because that's what you deserve! I don't have much to say, which is surprising, so if you enjoyed this chapter, please star it. Thank you and have an incredible day! I love you!

~StrangeBlob

(P.s: the song Drops Of Jupiter is by Train.)

(P.p.s: also, I didn't technically go to the Bruno Mars concert where Camila was opening in Portland, Oregon, but my cousin did and she facetimed me so I could watch Camila open for him! It's was INCREDIBLE! :) she also bought me a shirt! Just wanted to share because I'm very happy!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3K 26
Just a little Y/N x Lauren story. Read it to find out more
344K 9.5K 41
What goes on behind closed doors. Stays behind closed doors. WARNING: THIS STORY COULD BE TRIGGERING ~Abuse ~Rape (Non-G!p) (GxG) (Triggers Warnings)...
75.1K 1.1K 31
Lol sorry for the crappy titles But um yeah A lot of these are sad because I tend to write when I'm angry or upset, soo just a warning. Some of them...
Fated. By Shenhe

Fanfiction

971 19 8
To Camila and Lauren. What could possibly happen about growing up, getting hurt, and falling in love with your childhood best friend? Find out; Frien...