Best-Friends with Issues

Av Prodigywriter9638

Selena's life is in shambles. Isolated by most of her family, witnessing a lifelong friendship crumbling befo... Mer

Best-Friends with Issues
Chapter 1- Back to the Beginning
Chapter 2- Caged In
Chapter 3- All's Fair in Love and Bickering
Chapter 5- Train Wreck
Chapter 6- Prison Break
Chapter 7- Hideaway
Chapter 8- Happiness and Other Fleeting Emotions
Chapter 9- Back to Earth
Chapter 10- Shopping Cart of Death
Chapter 11- Fight Club
Chapter 12- Recon Mission
Chapter 13- Defeating the Mammoth
Chapter 14- Till the Fat Lady Sings: A Backseat Story
Chapter 15- The Game Plan
Chapter 16- Confessions of a Runaway Prisoner
Chapter 17- Adventures Are Exhausting
Chapter 18- Pride and Prejudice and Paintball
Chapter 19- First Snow
Chapter 20- Pretty in Pink
Chapter 21- Father from the Truth

Chapter 4- A Little Bit Ninja

125K 2.8K 493
Av Prodigywriter9638

~Conner~

As it turned out, my father was even more dead set on keeping me and Selena apart than I had thought.

My sister strolled into my room, (without knocking, of course), and saw me standing in the middle of my room, where I had been gaping at the window for the past ten minutes.

Her gaze followed where I was staring, and let out an exasperated sigh while bringing her hand up to her head.

"Now this is just ridiculous." She finally said, rubbing at her temples like she had a headache. I didn't blame her.

I blinked, her voice drawing my attention from my barred windows.

Like seriously, barred.

It reminded me of a scene from Harry Potter, when Harry's uncle had barred over his window. It was hard to imagine my busy lawyer of a father taking the time to actually do construction on the house.

What was I, a prisoner? My room was on the second floor anyways, so I would have to be pretty insane to try and escape at the expense of breaking my legs.

"Dad!" I yelled, my fists clenching as I whirled past Rose and stormed downstairs. "Dad! What the hell!?"

I stormed into the kitchen, but only my mom was in there, cooking dinner. She had turned at the sound of my outburst, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Mom, where the hell is Dad?" I asked, teeth gritted.

She pursed her lips. "He left a little while ago, something about needing to hide. And what did I tell you about your language?"

I ignored the last part. "Why that sneaky bastard!"

My mom rolled her eyes, not bothering to scold me again for cussing. "What did he do this time?"

"Oh Mom," Rose joined in as she entered the kitchen behind me. "Dad's gonna be in soooo much trouble." She sang mischievously, her ice blue eyes glimmering.

My mom's eyes narrowed. "What happened?"

"Why don't you go look at the window in my room and see for yourself." I huffed.

She took no time in rushing upstairs.

Rose was smirking by the time our mother had presumably seen the bars screwed over my window. "WHAT HAS HE DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE!? HE IS SO DEAD!" She yelled from upstairs, and my sister giggled. Even if it was mostly out of anger for drilling holes in the house, I was glad that I wasn't the only one outraged.

I was still silently fuming, when I noticed that this meant that my dad wasn't home. My anger evaporated when I saw my chance to rush over next door and possibly sneak in some time with Selena.

Rosemary noticed my expression and rolled her eyes. "Just go. I'll tell Dad you went for a walk."

I bolted for the door, not even bothering with shoes. Halfway across my neighbor's lawn, I could still hear my mother yelling at no one in particular, vowing to kill my father.

I came to a stop and knelt at the side of Selena's house, remembering with a pitiful frown that Selena's dad and Stanton would probably attack me if they saw me. I had spent so much time being grilled by my own father, I had nearly forgotten that he wasn't the only source of our problems.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

My head whipped around, and for a second I was sure that Stanton was about to lunge at me and claw at my face. But luckily before I could scream like a girl, I realized that it was in fact Sam, who had caught me.

Although the two twins were fraternal, they still had very similar features. Both had unruly brown hair, though Stanton's was usually tidier, and both had the same shade of blue eyes that Selena was always jealous of. Although they weren't identical, they still looked related enough to confuse the hell out of people.

I stayed silent, trying to judge whether or not this brother was as crazy as Stanton. After a few moments when he didn't either attack me or sound the alarms, I felt safe enough to respond.

"Is Selena home?" I asked hesitantly, still in a crouch and ready to take off if he suddenly did try and maul me.

Sam only smirked, crossing his arms and leaning on the wall beside me. "Shoulda known." He looked far too amused. "And yeah, she's been on house arrest for the past two weeks. She's probably sulking up in her room, looking like death." He gave me a once over. "Much like you."

I rolled my eyes, but didn't deny it. "Okay, so how-"

"Question?" Sam interrupted me, raising his hand like a kid in a classroom.

"Sure, why not?" I sarcastically gesture for him to continue with a wave of my hand.

"Right, Sam Rider here." He gestured to himself, and I snorted. "May I ask, why are you dressed like a ninja?"

I frowned, looking down at my clothes and realized that he was right, I did sort of look like a ninja. I was dressed in a black, long sleeved shirt and black sweatpants. I was the beginning of December, so it had been a little cold in my house. As for why I was wearing all black, it was probably due to my flawed dressing routine that comprised of pretty much throwing on whatever I could find in my room.

"Huh." I said, surprised. "What do ya know? I didn't even notice."

Sam chuckled and shook his head. "Wow, maybe you and Selena really do belong together. If only to keep each other from wandering off a cliff."

"Gee thanks." I nudged his leg with my elbow, before standing up and brushing myself off. "Now are you gonna help me find a way in, or not?"

He held his hands up and shrugged. "I suppose that I could walk away and pretend that I didn't see you. As for getting in, that's all on you. However, what's in it for me?" He grinned slyly.

"Is your sister's happiness not enough?"

"Dude, not even."

"Fine." I sighed reluctantly, racking my brain trying to think of what Sam could possibly want from me.

Growing up practically attached to Selena, I had come to know her brothers fairly well, even when they were shipped off to boarding school until Summer break.

Sam was the flirty twin, and had a snarky personality that was disturbingly similar to my friend Jerry's. He was always up for a good time, and took every opportunity to hit on anything with a pulse, males included, though I was pretty sure he was as straight as a pole.

Then it hit me.

Of course.

"Rosemary just came back yesterday. She's at the house." I pointed out, trying not to think of how my sister was going to murder me later.

Sam's eyes glowed, and a mischievous grin on his face made me wince. "Perfect."

"She's the devil, man, I have no idea why you hang around her." I said.

"Dude, Rose is hot." He said in a tone of voice that said 'duh', like that explained everything. "She could hack me into pieces with an ax and I'd still die happy."

I grimaced at the mental image. "She really is going to kill you. She hates your guts." But I knew my warnings were futile, even the fear of being murdered never swayed Sam from hitting on my sister.

He only grinned confidently. "That's what they all say. Later!" And he was off for my house in a flash.

I shook my head a sighed, silently praying that my sister didn't commit murder. Knowing my father, he would probably blame that on me.

Continuing with the task at hand, I snuck around the house with my side close the the walls. I really did feel like a ninja when I hopped the backyard fence like a pro, even though I could have just opened it. I kept up my ninja act until I reached the back door. Thankfully, it was unlocked.

Once I entered the kitchen I knew that I was seconds away from dying.

Stanton was standing across the kitchen, his back towards me as he opened the fridge.

I took no time in diving back for the door and sprinting out of there like hell.

"Sam?" He called out, obviously hearing my exit but thankfully not seeing me. I dive rolled back behind a tree in the backyard, trying to quiet my breathing as the door opened again and Stanton stuck his head out curiously.

After a moment of silence, he sighed, muttering under his breath about his stupid twin and going back inside. I knew that with him there, there was zero chance of me seeing Selena today. I would only end up getting caught, which would result in my death and Selena's punishment increased.

I let out the breath I didn't realized I had been holding, feeling frustrated to the point of wanting to punch something.

With my fists clenched and my head drooped in defeat as I trudged back home.

I was pretty sure that even if I was a ninja, I wouldn't have had any luck against her guard dog brother anyways.

~
~~
~~~
~~
~

Done! Tell me what you think!

Fortsett ÃĨ les

You'll Also Like

1.4K 149 28
Meet skylar, a fun, outgoing, beautiful young girl who spent most of her days with her best friend Tyler. Meet Tyler a handsome, intelligent, young...
24.7M 349K 52
Conner Rogers: Hot, athletic, and popular, with an ego the size of the Empire State Building. Selena Rider: Clumsy, uncoordinated-and-most-definitely...
396 81 17
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
501 97 35
Someone's tricking him, playing with his life. He never realized that, he thought it was his fault the whole damn time. He was so much in misery that...