Capricious Dreams (Soulmate A...

By thedemigodsquad1

Marinette and Adrien share dreams. But they can't say each other's name or see each other's faces. None-the-l... More

Introduction/prologue
1- Where are we?
2- We can create anything we want!
3- Ladybug and Chat Noir!
4- Queen Bee
6- An eggy situation
7- Knightmares
8- Umbrella Scene
9- Last Night Together
10- Mission impossible
11. Adrien falls in love with an imposter
12- Soulmates confirmed
13. Mireille's shenanigans
14. Magical paper?
15- Slowly but surely
16- Gabriel is evil I tell you
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
17- Rants by the fireplace
18- Romantic walks and talks
Author's Note

5- First day

12.4K 417 234
By thedemigodsquad1

[2015- 15 years old]

The first day of the school year was always either horrible or exciting.

This year it was a mix of both.

Marinette woke up bubbling with excitement. Chat Noir had told her he was attending a public school for the first time in his life.

Marinette had a gut instinct it would be her school.

Sure she had her doubts. What were the chances of Chat Noir attending her school? She didn't even know if he lived in the same country! Well..he did speak French..

But still! France is huge! There's got to be like hundreds of schools!

But for some reason, her heart knew he would be attending her school.

This made Marinette giddy. But also very nervous and terrified.

What if he didn't like her? What if they never figure out who's who? What if her personality and appearance scare him off?

Would she be good enough for him?

What if he was a jerk in real life?

Marinette checked her timetable for the first day of school on the school website.

She sighed when she discovered she'll be in the same class as Chloe for the 4th year in a row.

Chloe used to be a very nice girl, but ever since the day her mother died, she'd changed.

Just Marinette's luck she had innocently asked about Chloe's wellbeing that day and offended her in some way.

Will Chloe ever stop bullying her?

As Marinette walked across school campus on her way to her first class she saw a lot of new faces. Wow.
There's a whole lot of new students in the grade this year.

Marinette tried to look around on her way to class for a boy with blonde, messy hair and bright, emerald eyes but it seemed that quite a few boys had those very same characteristics.

Finding Chat Noir was going to be harder than she thought.

She sighed sadly as she walked into her first class. She sat down in her usual seat thinking about Chat Noir.

She wasn't sure what her status was with him. Best friends? Just-Friends?

She couldn't deny she was attracted to him and being friend zoned by him was not appealing.

She wasn't totally sure what Chat Noir thought of her. Sure he flirted a lot with her, but was that only because she was his soulmate? Because he hasn't met the real her yet?

If he found out who she is in real life, would he still want to marry her?

Marinette blushed at that thought.

Marrying Chat Noir. They had planned it when they were little kids but neither had backed out of it. How would they even marry if they had no idea who the other person was? What each other's real name was?

"Marinette!" Chloe slammed her hands down on Marinette's desk. Marinette jumped, her thoughts rushing out the window.

Couldn't this girl give her a break? It was the first day of school!

"Here we go again." She muttered, annoyed at Chloe's antics.

"This is my seat!" Chloe crossed her arms.

"But Chloe, this has always been my seat!" Marinette argued. She knew she would not win against the blonde girl, but she wasn't going to let herself be pushed around without a fight.

"Not anymore. How about you go sit over there with the new girl?" It seemed more like a command than a question. Chloe pointed at the front row where a girl with a brown hair and glasses sat. She was tapping furiously on her phone.

Before Marinette could argue more Chloe spoke again. But this time she seemed almost pleading. As if she was trying to be nice.

"Look. Adrien's arriving today and since that's going to be his seat," Chloe pointed at the desk in front of Marinette, "this is going to be my seat." She continued, pointing at Marinette's desk.

"Get it?" She crossed her arms again, raising her eyebrow.

Marinette furrowed her eyebrows.
"Who's...Adrien?" She asked.

Chloe began laughing, her soft side disappearing instantly. Sabrina, who knows when the girl got there, joined in with Chloe, doubling over with giggles.

"Can you believe this Sabrina?" Chloe cackled.

"What rock have you been living under?" Chloe sneered at Marinette.

Marinette looked down annoyed and sad. She hated being made fun of.

"He's only a famous model." Sabrina rolled her eyes.

"And I am his best friend. He adores me. Go on, move!" Chloe yelled at Marinette and pointed again at the seat in the front row. Though now the new girl was absent from the seat and standing across from Chloe.

"Hey! Who elected you Queen of Seats?" She crossed her arms and glared at Chloe. She stood with a challenging stance.

"Oh, Look Sabrina! We've got a little do-gooder in our class this year. What are you gonna do, super noobie? Shoot beams at me with your glasses?" Chloe pointed at the girl's glasses and laughed.

"Wouldn't you like to know." The new girl scowled before reaching out to Marinette and dragging her to the seat in the front row.

On the way Marinette tripped and stacked it, causing the class to erupt into a fit of laughs.

Marinette felt like sobbing. She yearned for one of Chat Noir's hugs.

"Thank you. I wish I could handle Chloe the way you do." Marinette told the new girl once she sat down in her seat. Marinette looked down at her hands ashamed.

"No problem gurl! I'm Alya." She held out her hand.

"Marinette." Marinette shook her hand.

"I have a feeling this is a beginning of a beautiful friendship!" Alya winked and grinned.

Marinette nodded happily. A friend. She hadn't had one for years, besides Chat of course.

"I agree." Marinette smiled.

Their teacher, Miss Bustier, walked in. She introduced herself to the new students and begun the class.

Chloe stared at the empty seat in front of her sadly.

Where was her best friend, Adrien? He should be here by now.

---

Marinette went home disappointed in not finding Chat Noir. She at least spotted 15  guys with blonde messy hair and 4 of those with emerald eyes.

Any of them could be her soulmate.

She rushed around helping her parents in the bakery, hands covered in flour, hair a mess.

"Mari, dear! Could you please run to the store and buy some eggs?" Her mother Sabine called out from somewhere in the store.

Marinette sighed and quickly dusted off her hands.

"Sure!" She quickly grabbed a beanie to cover her messy hair and a twenty dollar bill and ran out the store.

"Be quick!" Her father yelled at her.

Marinette sprinted to the grocery store in record time, buying a dozen eggs in 4 minutes before dashing back home.

Meanwhile...

Chat Noir attacked the dummy with his fencing sword, taking out all of his anger on it.

He was sweating, body exhausted yet pumped with adrenaline.

He despised his father so much. He didn't allow Chat Noir to go to school, make friends and have a free life.

How he had managed to run away and escape to his training room for fencing he had no idea.

He jabbed and slashed at the dummy until he figured he should get home before his father discovered his absence.

He leisurely walked over to the locker rooms and pulled out his phone to check the time.

His phone flashed with 10 missed called and spam texts from his dad's assistant, Nathalie.

Oh no.

It was 5:38 pm. He had left at 4:10 pm.

He was in deep trouble.

Not even bothering to change from his white fencing suit, he grabbed his bag and sprinted out the door and on his way home.

His feet slapped against the pavement as he tried to shove his fencing sword in his bag.

He ran hard into someone.

"Ouch!" She squeaked.

The two fifthteen-year-olds fell back onto the sidewalk from the impact. Marinette's eggs flying and splattering everywhere, staining Adrien's ex-white fencing gear.

"I'm so, so sorry. I'm very clumsy. So so clumsy."

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.4K 14
COMPLETED From the moment you're born, there's a timer on your wrist counting down the days until you meet your soulmate. ~~ Marinette DuPain-Cheng w...
31.7K 812 10
This is a Miraculous AU, where LadyBug and ChatNoir don't exist as superheroes, but gamer-tags in an online chat room. Marinette acts as a mix of bot...
93.3K 3.6K 30
A Miraculous Tale Book 1 Miraculous Ladybug AU Fanfiction ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Marinette and Adrien are Ladybug and Chat Noir. They a...
455K 6.9K 39
⚠️TW 18+⚠️ Marinette had everything she needed to be happy, a great house, a great job, a great boyfriend, great friends, everything was perfect, unt...