the journal - h.s.

By arietem

"You do realize a journal is an extremely personal thing right?" His voice was raspy, low and threatening, ma... More

prologue
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
a/n
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
a/n !!
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
I'm not dead!
100
101
102
103
104
105

74

220K 4K 701
By arietem

[amber’s pov]

He seemed so distanced the entire time, as if he was just lost in his own thoughts, “Harry, you there?” I repeated and his eyes snapped up from having been gazing on the silver ring on his finger; he probably hadn’t heard a word of what I’d asked him. Or tried to ask anyway.

“What? Sorry I just kind of -” his raspy voice swept in over me with new awareness and a little concern. While the low comfortable buzzing of the bus engine roared through the place, I took his warm hand.

“I was just asking if you told Aria I would come too - if she knows?” He had called her while I had finished my shower, so I hadn’t heard.

“Oh ehm no - no I think I forgot to mention your actual name. I think I just said ‘we’? It’s so weird she doesn’t know yet in some way, I didn’t think it through - sorry,” he mumbled looking at our entwined hands. We were sitting in the back of the bus very closely; Harry had his arm loosely around me and I was resting against his side. He smelled so endlessly lovely and felt so warm. I could stay here in this dead boring bus forever as long as he was here too - if it hadn’t been for the fact that I was absolutely starving.

The sky outside was gradually turning darker and darker even though it was probably about five or something like that.

“It’s okay - I wonder how she’s going to react? She’s probably never thought of this... combination before,” I smiled up at him, but once again his eyes told me he was lost in thoughts - so deeply my words didn’t really truly reach him.

“Hm-mm,” he hummed in response pulling me a little closer, meanwhile I was observing the men and women who were getting into the bus - all of them in the thick winter coats and huge scarves. I stayed silent after that, as the bus closed its doors and started moving again. Instead I kept thinking about what money Harry’s father was keeping from him? It must have some connection to that weekend event thing, Harry had told me about.

“Do you sometimes feel like a prisoner in your own little world?” Harry whispered, as he nudged his nose into the curve of my neck. His arm pulled me closer to him and his playfulness was such a natural move from him I just enjoyed it; he placed a light kiss on my neck.

“Sometimes I guess yeah - just before I dropped out of uni I definitely felt that way,” my eyes sought to the left and ran over the inside of the bus, while Harry kept heating my cheeks with those light wet kisses he placed right under my jaw. We were so curled up in each other and with the huge winter coats, I wasn’t sure any of the other passengers even noticed the insults of love he so gently placed on my sensitive skin.

“Was that the reason you dropped out of uni?” He asked muffled in between the kisses, while I steadied myself with placing a hand on his knee closest to me; I was sitting facing him and the side of the bus trying to keep myself together and forming a sentence that would actually make sense. His hand found mine on his knee and held it in place. God, he made my entire world spin.

“Partly yeah,” I managed to breathe out. On one hand I didn’t want him to stop - but on the other I felt totally exposed by feeling like this in a bus with other strangers. So maybe most of them were facing the opposite direction since we were here in the very back, but - but. Oh god, what was he doing with his tongue? My breath hitched and a small gasp escaped my lips, as I totally forgot about everything around me - there were only him and his damn heavenly tongue.

[harry’s pov]

I smiled triumphantly against her skin, as I heard the small gasp leave her lips. It was so enthralling discovering the places on her body, where she was especially sensitive. It was just like exploring some long lost treasure island for the first time and finding these spots was like finding a lost lone ruby in the tangled jungle.

In the hide of her neck I put my slightly parted lips against that same spot again and merely exhaled the tiniest bit, so my hot breath brushed in over that extremely sensitive spot of hers. I could feel her fist clench against my knee and took a mental note of my new discovery with a smirk on my lips.

“I felt trapped at Harvard too,” I abandoned the soft skin on her neck and found the pleasantly thrilling view of her pink cheekbones and ecstatic sea green eyes. I leaned my head back against the wall of the bus still with her scent of lavender everywhere and a smirk on my lips. Steam of questions and details I was curious about, floated around in my clouded mind, but mostly I was just glad the exploration of her skin had made me forget a little about this entire issue with my prick of a father. I had so many questions for this girl; I wanted to know why she had dropped out of uni - what had made her feel trapped? I wanted to find every sensitive spot on her delicate skin and know every dirty dark secret she had.

“At Harvard it was like every sight of those ancient red brick walls were just huge neon signs with the writing ‘this is your father’s dream’. And yeah the library was mindblowing - I think you would love the sight of it actually - with the gothic arches, slender black painted twirling staircases, wooden tables, and rows upon rows with all kinds of ancient books - it was amazing. But it still only represented a choice that hadn’t been mine, you know? Even though I could have spend every free hour in that beautiful place just in awe - it wasn’t a place I had found at my own free will.” Suddenly I couldn’t stop the words, which had been occupying my mind ever since that phone call, as she was here in my arms. "I felt trapped in a cage there," in my mind I was back at that very university, walking over the small patches of green grass to get to the next red building housing the key to my future success, just like my father wanted. And I had still felt that heavy stone in my chest, right until I had finally decided to drop out of there.

“You know he graduated from Harvard actually - he was a real hot-shot at his time there. I guess he just wanted me to experience the same thing, but it never really occurred to him I don’t give a fuck about that stuff. He never really understood how we are so very different when it comes to what we value in life.” I had never told anyone about this - I had talked only very little with Aria about the details of my choice, but I reckoned she knew perfectly well why I had dropped out anyway.

I let my eyes travel out through the windows while Amber was resting her head at my chest just listening; our stop was the next one. Her hand in mine felt so soft and warm; I could feel her fingertips fiddle with the silver ring of mine. And here I was sharing thoughts with her in a badly illuminated bus filled with strangers, though the roaring of the engine made sure the words were only for her.

“It’s just horrible that he can’t accept it - he just won’t let it go. He just doesn’t acknowledge it in any way - you know he still believes I’m going back there next fall for the new semester. He’s convinced himself I’m just taking a gap year or whatever to go spend some time with my aunt - Aria. Or at least that’s what he tells people,” I carefully moved some of her hair from her face and moved under her. Helping her up; I gently took her hand. Grabbing the bar for support I was grateful for the way she wrapped her arms around my body from behind and hugged me tightly, as we waited for the bus to stop.

I had no idea why I was telling her all of this - I had promised myself I wouldn’t scare her off with more stuff about me; she would probably end up worrying about it. But I just couldn’t help it. Some part of me wanted her to know so she could excuse me for being so messed up. While the other part was terrified of her knowing would be too much - too much craziness gathered in just one person for her to handle or maybe even love? What an insane hope to have.

The bus came to a stop and opened its door for us; the cold air kissing my heated cheeks. Her hand was safely in mine and I suddenly just felt like never letting it go. I had never felt so close to anyone before.

“So I would hold this long speech for you about how unfair it is - but truth is it just sucks as much as it possibly can,” I ended my ramblings short, as we started walking down the street heading to that building I knew so well which housed Aria and Daisy. Meanwhile the early winter leaves was flying wildly over the dull grey pavement.

“There’s not really much to do about it - so yeah,” I peeked over at her; her face was deep in thoughts.

“There has to be something,” she mumbled probably more to herself than me; “thanks for telling me though - for some reason it makes me less worried in some wicked way. I mean - yes it really does suck. But I like better knowing. Makes me less worried than not knowing what's troubling you - ironic huh?” She gave me a soft smile and I knew just what she meant with it. Her words demolished my fear simply.

“Let’s talk about something else; if you were given one million dollars what would you do?” I knew just listening to her voice would calm me; and for now I didn’t want to think about any worrisome issues, that wasn’t easily solved. I just wanted to be with Aria, Daisy and Amber - people I loved more than anything. I just wanted to be happy for now.

"Okay first off - I would probably try to start a charity organization. Second off - buy an aquarium with two dolphins and a sea turtle," her simple laughter and glittering amused eyes already had me feeling happier. Let alone her words and the way she was thinking; so different and perfect and just everything I could ever have dreamt of. If I could I would buy her a million fuckin dolphins and sea turtles if that was what she wanted.

"I've also always wanted a great blue whale - but I don't really think one million dollars could be enough to build a big enough aquarium," she stated thoughtfully with a crooked smile and narrowed eyes, as the wind played with her hair.

"Babe, you are so lovely crazy," I wrapped my arms around her, which made her giggle out loudly. Chuckling at her reaction I kissed her warm cheek; "and also so crazily lovely at the same time." And I am absolutely crazily in love with you.

Please vote & comment

a/n: iiiihhh *fluff fluff* *extreme fluff dancing* Okay so I have the next chapter ready - will post it tomorrow ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 106K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
97.1K 3.4K 33
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024
210K 8.9K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
911K 38.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC