41

“I’ve never been this close actually,” Harry studied the reflection of the two of us in the huge mirror bean sculptor. He watched my eyes in the reflection while talking. Even though our reflections were slightly twisted in weird forms and quite dark because of the lack of daylight. “But I’ve walked past it once in the daylight.”

He sent me an easy smile as we kept watching each other and the sight of us standing next to each other. He held my hand still. With the sleeve of his sweater going down over his hand covering mine a little too. His hand was so warm, that it left my skin burning underneath the surface. I couldn’t help thinking how misplaced I looked next to him - standing hand in hand with someone as pretty as him. It was like watching an earth citizens hand in hand with some Greek god or bloody angel. It seemed to me he had that glow, which just made the way his eyes looked at mine absolutely beyond what seemed earthly. I watched in the reflection how he moved his gaze from the mirror effect from the bean - to turn his head and watch me as I stood next to him.

[harry’s pov]

“Are you cold?” Her hand had been absolutely freezing, as she had taken off the mittens while drinking her coffee. But she hadn’t put them on again, which meant her delicate slender fingers were icy cold.

She shrugged at me, but I had already let go off of her hand and started opening my jacket. She was cold. She watched me with wide eyes - as if I had gone completely crazy. I couldn’t help grinning at the sight a little.

“What are you doing?”

I lifted off the jacket and placed it between my knees to keep it from falling to the ground. I could feel how others were looking as well, but I honestly could not care less.

“Take off your jacket,” I smiled at her puzzled expression.

“No way!”

“Just do it yeah? Please? I was right the other times remember?” I couldn’t help teasing her - just a little.

To my disbelief - I thought it would take more time to convince her - but she started unbuttoning the jacket. She was starting to really trust me. The thought gave me a strange comforting feeling, I sent her one last grin after having watched her open the last button following my example. Then I pulled off my sweater and handed it to her.  

It was absolutely bloody freezing, but I kept my muscles relaxed, as I had been taught. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut it again. Then opened it and then shut it and shook her head, as she finally grabbed it. I pulled on my own jacket and held hers, as she found her way into my sweater.

She looked amazing. It was way too big for her and the ends of the sleeves went far past her hands. Her hair had gone all electric from pulling it on. And that small bond of skin, which had been visible near her waistline of the jeans, as she had held her arms over her head to get into the clothing. The flush was still visible in my cheeks, I...I simply just couldn’t hold back the smirk. I just couldn’t. Though she mistaken the reason behind the beam for something else.

“I really look that stupid?” She let her hand through her hair, as I left my jacket hanging unbuttoned just watching her in awe. I had practically forgotten about it at the sight of her. She grabbed her own jacket from my hands, before I could even gather myself to help her with it - again. I wouldn’t mind helping her though. I wouldn’t mind at all actually. I wouldn’t mind letting my hand through her soft hair.

Did she know how beautiful she was? Had she any idea?

“Actually it looks really good on you. Really good.” And she was wearing my sweater. As she had fastened the last button her eyes briefly went to my hand, with which I had held hers only minutes ago.