Moon Child |✔|

By world_joy_

Life or Death. It's the choice to be made within the Alba Rosa Pack when the Beta and his mate discover that... More

Before You Begin...
|1|
|2|
|3|
|4|
|5|
|6|
|7|
|8|
|9|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
|31|
|32|
|33|
|34|
|35|
|36|
|37|
|38|
|39|
|40|
|41|
|42|
|43|
|44|
|45|
|46|
|47|
|48|
|49|
Epilogue
END NOTE
|THE CHASE|
OTHER WORKS

|14|

54.2K 3.1K 166
By world_joy_

Love her, but leave her wild

***

Life at the pack continued on. Days turned into weeks and the weeks soon turned into a full month since Daisy's arrival.

John was helping out now, though he did small things, it was help that Jay desperately needed. He suspected Daisy and Grace had something to do with his Beta's sudden change of mind.

That was just one of the many things Daisy had done for Jay. He didn't even realize he needed her until she had come in, like an earthquake- shaking lose everything around her.

He noticed how the males were treating him. He had always seen how mated males were hostile towards him. Having a mate now himself he could see why. But it had caused him grief that there was a part of his pack that did not trust and like him. However with Daisy's arrival, there had been a change of heart in them also. They approached him more, talked to him, and asked him his opinions in some of the smallest things such as the weather or about distant packs. At first he felt very uncomfortable with the new attention, but Daisy was by his side the first few times, creating a friendly atmosphere with her quirky self and causing the men to laugh and ease up.

Jay didn't know how she did it.

Starting the second month she was there, there was a great celebration for the females and males that had been sterile within the pack. No more now. Daisy and her moon blessed eyes had let the moon goddess herself look down at the suffering of those who wanted to see a new life come because of them. Their wish was granted.

And Grace. Jay sighed with relief every time he heard Daisy say she was getting better, stronger and had a higher chance of surviving with her pups. Grace now glowed like any expecting mother should. She wore lose fitting skits and dresses now- her stomach so much bigger with the expectance of twins.

The month had passed and it had been a good one in Jay's opinion.

He sighed as he settled down in the chair, pulling Daisy closing to him. She had found him on the back porch of the pack house doing some paper work while watching the sun go down and the fall leaves rustle in the wind.

"Hey hot stuff," she said as she crawled onto his lap, snuggling their closely to his chest.

Jay's heart swelled. He wondered if it was possible for it to combust out of his chest. He just couldn't get over the fact that this females was his mate. His.

She was asleep now. He watched the soft breaths as they went in and out. Jackie came out then and smiled down at the two.

"I brought a blanket," she said softly, cloaking the two in a warm red blanket.

"Thanks Jackie," Jay said, giving her a small smile.

Jackie nodded before turning back inside the pack house.

"That was nice of her."

Jay looked down and smiled, "I thought you were asleep," he said.

"No," she giggled, "I just wanted to stay as long as I could."

The two smiled at each other before Daisy snuggled back into Jay's chest.

"What are you thinking?" her muffled question came up to his ears.

"How lucky I am," Jay said, leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

Daisy gave a content sigh.

"I was thirteen when I started traveling."

Jay looked down startled, but Daisy kept her eyes closed and body relaxed as she continued with her story.

"I had no pack to speak of. Just my mother. We lived in a small house in the woods. Wolf's would come for her to heal them. She was a healer. She taught me the old ways and how to pray and pay homage to the moon. She told me of my heritage. That when I was born the moon danced with the stars. She always called me her little, "moon child" and nothing more. For thirteen years that was the only name I knew."

Jay stayed silent, listening in fascination as his mate's life story slowly unraveled before him.

"She gave me this," Daisy started to finger her daisy necklace that she never took off, "that's where I got the name 'Daisy' from in my travels."

Daisy snuggled deeper into Jays arms as she continued. Jay didn't know what he had done to deserve this, but he was honored non the less.

"When I was thirteen though everything changed. My mother told me I couldn't stay with her any more. She told me the moon had sent her a message, telling her that I had to fulfill my destiny and help as many wolves as I could. That I was moon blessed."

"She cried. My mother was so proud of me. I had been raised for this to happen so when it finally did I went peacefully and full of pride. Looking back I'm still glad I went. The first pack I went to took me in. An older woman then noticed how the sterile females went into heat just a month later. She herself was a midwife so she let me shadow her and taught me her ways. I stayed with that pack for four years. Until I was done with my training. By then I was seventeen and could shift. Then I traveled around each pack, helping as many as I could. The moon had meant for me to go to that pack and learn from the midwife- it was obvious to see."

"Where did you go?" Jay whispered.

"Everywhere," Daisy said, her eyes opened now to show the wonder in them. "I've been to all continents, seen wolves who live as their animals since the day they shift. I've seen wolves that can only shift once every full moon, cursed to live a life of uncontrolled shifts. I've seen wolves who cannot even shift. Who have lost their ways and forgotten who they are. I have seen and heard, done and said many things that most people would not be able to do in ten lifetimes."

Daisy was breathing hard now. Her eyes were wide and full of tears. She was remembering her days of travel. Remembering her adventures and near touches with death.

Without thinking Jay bent down and touched her lips to his. They fought and moved closer, relishing the feel of each other for several minutes before they broke away, breathing hard with glistening eyes.

"Thank you for telling me this Daisy," Jay said, peppering her face with small kisses that trailed down her neck and shoulders. Daisy gasped at the heat that flowed through her.

"I just want you to feel comfortable. I want you to trust me so that you can share your story with me," Daisy looked up at Jay with hopeful eyes.

It broke Jay's heart. Leaning down he gave her one last kiss, "Another time my little moon child."

Daisy gasped at the use of the nickname. They broke apart then. Jay gave Daisy one last small smile before leaving her.

Daisy wrapped herself in the blanket that was left, smelling the faint scent of her mate. He would share when he was ready. She would not push him or make him feel uncomfortable. But now he knew the basics of her. Now he knew that she had a wild soul and a moon blessed heart. She had seen hardships. She had told Jay though of these hardships. Losing a pup, mother or close friend in her travels. One time she had even been kidnapped, someone trying to harness the moon blessed female's powers. But the moon goddess always protected her.

However Daisy felt a deep sadness in Jay's soul. One that she would probably never be able to understand or experience within her lifetime. He seemed aged, as if he was not in his 20s but already slowly molding and heading into his 40s or 50s. He saw the world in such a deep way that Daisy had to pause and wonder what he saw when he stared at a leaf for too long or when he picked a turtle up from the road to make sure no cars hurt it.

Daisy never thought there would be a person who knew so much about her that she in return knew so little about.

But he would tell her when he was ready. In the mean time she would get to know the present Jay, the one who kissed her every morning and snuggled with her later at night, the one who cooked her pancakes when she asked or randomly gave her a daisy flower for no reason.

She was getting to know that Jay, and could already feel herself falling in love, deeper and deeper.

HONEY I'M HOOOMMEEE!

I'm back! Sorry for the short pause in updates while I went away on my trip but GUYS. I opened my laptop screen and my jaw fell open and hit the floor when I saw how many views and votes "Moon Child" has now.

So thank you to everyone who is reading!

*Heart swell*

Tomorrow will bring another update (back to our regularly scheduled program)

Until that time my little peepers,

loves,

/////WORLD_JOY_/////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
39.1K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
38.9K 2K 41
The last thing Mateo Kane wants is a mate. As the second born Alpha son, with no responsibilities, his plans for himself do not include settling down...
69K 3.7K 69
[BOOK #2 OF THE AWARD-WINNING EPSILON SERIES!] ❝I hate him. He's crude. Arrogant. Vile. I hate him so much that sometimes, when I look at him, I can...