Lunar Whispers

By SianaghGallagher

COMPLETED (BOOK 5) *Also a stand-alone book!* Jacob had been shy his entire life. He was reserved, had an int... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
The Sequel

Chapter 61

129K 5.8K 1.9K
By SianaghGallagher

Werewolf Hunter's are ruthless. They have one mind set and one way of thinking. They believe that werewolves are unnatural and don't have a right to exist in a world where humans are dominant and in charge. They think that because they live in secret, it's insulting to try and trick the superior race and live among them like they're equal.

And that's exactly how Nathan's parents think.

"How do you know this?" Anthony questioned.

"Grace told me," Nathan sighed. "We met up in the woods a few days ago. It was the first time I had seen her since Jacob was born."

"What exactly did she tell you?" Scott asked. If this information is true, he was ready to get extremely angry.

"When we met up, she told me like she was proud of it. I thought that she had only just found out but apparently, she told my parents about me as soon as I showed her who Kayla really is. That is why they don't like her but they rejected me because it was easier than killing me. I am their son after all."

"Did she tell them about Jacob?"

Nathan shook his head.

"Of course she didn't. She was too ashamed that her family wasn't perfect."

Jacob's heart was punctured. His mum hid him from the world because she was humiliated by him? It was too much to hear, he wanted to block it out and pretend like it wasn't happening, just for a little while.

Hunter turned when he felt his affliction. He opened his mouth to ask if he needed a moment alone but he was gone. He blinked, not expecting that.

Jacob didn't even make a noise. Nothing moved, not even the atmosphere. One moment he was here, the next he was gone.

"What the-" Vic frowned and Hunter instantly sat in Jacob's spot, not wanting to sit next to him anymore.

Everyone looked up, realising that he was no longer here.

"He's having time by himself." Hunter studied his thoughts, trying to figure out where he had gone.

* * * * *

Jacob's bare feet were quickly standing on cool grass but his landing wasn't smooth and he fell onto his knees. He sighed and looked up.

He was kneeling in the field he used to visit when he had tough days at college. This is where Hunter followed him and connected the bond.

He fell onto his back and stared up at the clouds. They were growing dark and he knew the storm was coming to comfort him.

"Where are you?" Hunter's voice filled his head.

"In a field."

"Okay, I'll fill you in on what else we talk about later. Enjoy your peace and quiet."

Jacob laid down, smiled to himself, and closed his eyes. He took a big breath of fresh air and let it out slowly. He could hear the birds singing to each other in the distant trees. He could hear the occasional buzzing of insects and the rustling of leaves in the afternoon breeze.

Thinking of his mum and her unpleasant family was clouding his thoughts so he blocked it out. He fully relaxed and thought about the other gods that he could feel.

It was a very odd sensation. He couldn't contact them but it was like their souls were mixed together.

He wondered if they were confused about the change or if they knew it was going to happen. He wondered if they came from human families or if they were already werewolves. He also wondered if they were royalty and high ranked civilians.

Would they meet one day? He was more than sure they would but he felt nervous about it. What if they didn't like him? What if he gave a bad impression of himself on their first encounter. What if-

"Stop thinking that way. There's no need to do that to yourself." Hunter was like the voice of reason. Even before Jacob knew who he was, it saved him from messy situations and break downs.

"I can't help it."

"I know you can't, but you need to relax. Now is not the time to stress yourself out over nothing."

Jacob rolled onto his side and watched a beetle conquer the tall blades of grass. Big raindrops started splashing on the ground around him but not once did they touch him. His storm was here, watching over him and fuelling his powers.

He rested his head against his arm and enjoyed being on his own, even if it was for just a little while.

* * * * *

Grace stood outside her home. Margo and Anthony's truck was parked behind her husbands on the driveway. Another car was parked by the side of the street and she knew her brother was here.

Her eyes scanned the home she made a family in. She had hopes of living here with Scott forever. They'd grow old, make new memories and let their children grow up and live their own lives. 

After Scott's dad told her about Jacob, her hopes and dreams were shattered. How could she live with a son who was a werewolf God? Her parent's say they are the worst kind. She never understood why but it's because they exist to help the wolves.

At first, she was sceptical about hating them. Her brother had been paired with a werewolf and she was a bit intrigued. However, her parents threatened to abandon her and ruin her relationship with Scott so she cut ties with her brother and never saw him again.

Over the years, she too started seeing her parents closed minded opinions and began to hate the wolves. She was smart enough not to tell them about her son but she was devastated and that is why she tore him apart. She thought that if he didn't have the confidence and the characteristics of a God then he simply would not be one.

Of course, that did not work.

It was in Jacob's destiny and it always has been.

"I'm so sorry," She whispered and pulled out a letter from her pocket. This was her goodbye.

Her parents are dangerous people. They have managed to kill many, many werewolves without a single hesitation and if they ever found out about Jacob, they would try and kill him too and she just couldn't cope with that.

So she was leaving.

This home, her family, her career, her life. Everything was gone to keep her family safe. She knows she has not been a good mother and she regrets leaving her brother behind and not being there for him. But she could no longer live with the fear of her parents finding out about Jacob and their involvement with werewolves.

To start helping him, she had to remove herself from his life and it is the hardest thing she will ever do.

She walked up the concrete path with William and Jacob's hand prints embedded into it. She gulped her utter sorrow and held her head high before stopping outside the front door.

She wanted to break down, beg for forgiveness and hug her family. It was hard coming to terms with it but it was for the greater good.

With a trembling lip, she pushed the goodbye note through the letter box. Her breath caught in her throat as the tears came without command. She quickly turned and ran back to the car.

She didn't look back as she reversed onto the street and drove away, hopefully, never to be seen again by her beloved family.

* * * * *

"I think I can see him," Hunter said as he, Sam and William walked through the woods. Jacob had been in the field for almost an hour and a half. He has been asleep for around an hour and Hunter thought it was time to see if he was okay.

They decided not to really talk about anything else back at the house now that Jacob was gone. But as soon as they left, Anthony started asking about Nathan's parents and where they were based. He was going to make sure that he knew everything about them so he could watch out for any threats.

He was a little annoyed that his son wasn't cooperating with Vic but there wasn't much he could do. They haven't hated each other for years for no reason. Vic is inconsiderate, annoying, selfish and filled with jealousy.

Nobody has seen the note Grace put through the letter box yet, it was still sitting on the wooden floor, waiting to be noticed.

"Is he still sleeping?" William asked.

"Yeah, he's dreaming about lightning."

"You can hear his dreams?"

"Well, I can hear what he is thinking about and he's thinking about lightning."

William smiled. He was so happy that things were looking up for Jacob. It was hard for him to see him struggling for so long. If he knew what his mum was doing to him, he would have protected him from her bullying years ago.

"Do you argue much?" He asked and saw the approaching field.

"We have, yes. The bond is strong but we can still disagree on things."

William nodded. He was protective over his little brother but he trusted Hunter.

"As long as you don't argue in front of me, that's fine. But even if Jacob's in the wrong, you know I'll take his side."

"I know," Hunter frowned, not knowing where this sudden protective behaviour came from. "You're his brother, I'd expect that from you."

William was just feeling a little hurt about his family. His mum and dad used to be such a powerful couple and it was all built on lies. He was trying to keep his relationship with his brother closely combined. He didn't want them to drift apart too.

Sam watched him, wondering what it was like to have a sibling.

"Maybe we should let them talk for a bit Alpha," He suggested. A lot of attention has been on Jacob and William has been a tiny bit neglected. Yes, he's nineteen but family issues are never fun to deal with alone.

Hunter stopped and turned.

"I agree. Actually, I need to have a pack meeting today," He patted William's shoulder. "We'll see you later then?"

"Yeah, thanks," William smiled and continued through the field.

Jacob was embraced in his own little bubble, completely oblivious to the world around him as his brother sat down. He prodded him with his foot and watched a frown appear.

"Jacob?"

He frowned deeper but he clearly didn't want to wake up.

"Jacob?" William eased and prodded him again. This time, Jacob opened his eyes to see green. Hunter immediately invaded his thoughts, remembering when he said it was his favourite colour. He turned and was surprised to see his brother giving him a big smile.

"Hi," He whispered and stretched. "What time is it?"

"I dunno, like four?" William checked his phone and nodded. "Are you okay? Did it get a bit too much?"

Jacob nodded and sat up. He watched him for a moment before rubbing his eyes.

"I can't believe they're werewolf hunters."

"I know. It's so weird how our whole family is tied with this... this wolf world."

"Are you okay Will?"

"I will be. I'm still trying to get used to everything. Our family is changing fast," He smiled and pulled at the grass. "What are your thoughts on mum? It's okay if you don't want to talk about it."

Jacob chewed on his bottom lip. He found it so easy to talk to his brother about things like this.

"Honestly, I-I think I hate her for it. She abandoned her brother and I can't imagine ever doing that to you," He sighed. "And she was never really there for me, even when she thought she was."

"I wish I saw it, Jay," William was full of sympathy. "I wish I knew what she was doing to you. But even dad didn't know and he's the one who can understand people the most."

"At least it's over now and there are no more secrets."

William nodded and shuffled closer. He put his arms around his brother and hugged him tightly. Jacob hugged him back, feeling calm and refreshed after his little nap in the clean air. 

"Promise me we'll always be close Jay, no matter what happens in our lives."

Jacob hugged him like it was the first time they have embraced in a while. He loved his brother and his dad. He felt blessed to be part of a new family, even though his own was falling apart. When one door closes, another one always opens and in this case, it has brought Hunter into his life and pulled him closer to those who he needed the most.

Bad things can lead to positive outcomes if it's fought for.

"I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

881K 42.1K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
14.4K 565 39
Gosh, I'm so pathetic. I feel like I relate everything happening to me, back to Cody. It's probably because he and I were always together. But I real...
4.8M 167K 32
{BOOK ONE IN: The Alpha's Trilogy} I'd never seen eyes quite like his. It's like they looked right into my soul. I could feel my body tensing as he...
159K 6.5K 44
Highest Rankings: #1 Interracial #2 LGBT/LGBTQ #2 Gay #2 highschool #3 Wattpride #5 Boyxboy #17 ManxMan Mason Moore and Mark Tyler have been friends...