The Hidden World of Norminah

Por ManiMufasa

A fanfic about the relationship between Fifth Harmony members, Normani Kordei and Dinah Jane. Unlike other f... Más

Chapter 1: The Loss of a Sister
Chapter 2: Twenty Seventeen
Chapter 3: A Place Called Home
Chapter 4: Dancing with Normani
Chapter 5: Dinah's Resistance
Chapter 6: Around the World and Back
Chapter 7: Champion
Chapter 8: Happy Birthday, Normani.
Chapter 9: Happy Birthday, Dinah Jane.
Chapter 11: Who Said I Was an Angel?
Chapter 12: Don't Say You Love Me.
Chapter 13: Midnight
Chapter 14: Dinah's Dream.

Chapter 10: Calm Before the Storm.

3.9K 128 208
Por ManiMufasa

[FULL UPDATE ADDED]

The girls have a short break from working. Dinah has been spending time with her family. Lauren is in Jamaica for her birthday, and Ally is home in San Antonio, Texas. Normani is back in LA to start working on some solo projects. The minute Normani landed, she wanted to see Dinah and make up for missing her birthday party at the roller-skating rink. Unfortunately, Dinah has been busy with her family and Normani is booked in the studio along with other events she already committed to. She also knows how important it is for them to spend as much time with family as possible, so she didn't want to pull Dinah away from hers.

The day after Dinah's party at the roller-skating rink, Dinah and her family are out for a big dinner. They are joined by her best friend, Bri, who is still in town. Dinah's party takes up several tables and are loud as per usual. With Dinah's mom being pregnant, Dinah steps up as the eldest child and sits Seth by her side while her mom, dad, and uncles sit at a different table. Regina and some of Dinah's other younger siblings make up another table, while Dinah, Bri, and Dinah's sisters who are a little more mature, make up another table. Dinah decides she wants to get on IG Live while she eats with her family and wait for more food to arrive.

"Happy Sunday, everyone!" Dinah shouts into her phone as she watches some of her comments on her live feed. While glancing, she notices that Normani is watching. "Hey, Manz!" she says gleefully.

Normani sends her text instantly.

"I'll text you back later, girl," Dinah laughs.

After a wonderful night of food and laughter with her family, Dinah gets home and can't wait to unwind. Before taking care of herself, she makes sure her siblings are getting ready for bed. She helps Seth brush his teeth and tucks him in.

"I want story!" Seth says as he yawns.

"A story? Which one?"

"Ninja Turtles!"

"Ninja Turtles for bed?"

"Yesh!"

"Yesh," she mocks.

Seth giggles. "Ninja Turtles! Ninja Turtles!"

"Okay, annoying!"

When Dinah finishes reading Seth his bedtime story, she checks on the rest of her siblings, peeking into each room to make sure they are sleeping. She pauses at her parents' room, and knocks softly. The door opens slightly and she catches a glimpse of her father rubbing her mother's back.

"Eww. Sorry, guys," Dinah giggles as she starts to close the door.

"Come here for a second, Dinah," Milika says.

Dinah walks in nervously. "Yeah, mom?"

Gordon is still rubbing her mother's back. Milika takes Dinah's hand. "I just wanna thank you for stepping up, today."

"Mom, you don't have to thank me for that."

"You work so hard already, and you still find time to be a great daughter and sister to your younger siblings. I'm just very proud of you."

"Aww! Thanks, mommy."

"That's it. Now get out. And don't be opening my door no more."

Dinah and Gordon laugh. "Good night, mommy," Dinah says.

"Good night," Milika replies.

"Good night, dad."

"Good night, baby," Gordon responds.

Dinah kisses her father on the cheek and leaves the room. She showers and brushes her teeth before crawling into bed. She runs her fingers through her hair and decides to finally text Normani back.

Normani's text from earlier reads: Hey girl. Save me some of them shrimp rolls. Lol.

Dinah writes back: Lol. Hey, Manz. You still up?

Dinah has been waiting for 20 minutes to hear from Normani. Her eyes are getting heavy and she keeps yawning. Just as she turns off her light, she finally hears a ding from her phone.

Normani: Hey just got out the shower.

Without a response to the message, Dinah turns her light back on decides to Facetime Normani. Normani answers before the first ring is even complete.

"Hey, baby girl!" Normani beams into the phone.

"Heyyyyy, Manz," Dinah smirks.

"You know, that wasn't a cue for you to Facetime me," Normani giggles.

"You know what I wanna see," Dinah shifts her eyebrows.

"Ewww!"

"What do you mean, 'ewww?' Stop acting brand new."

"Whatever do you mean?" Normani says with a southern accent as she tightens the towel around her body.

"I don't know why you holding up that towel so tight like you don't know why I'm calling."

"Oh my God, Dinah Jane," Normani says sarcastically.

"Drop it."

"What do you think this is?"

"Fine. Just one boob."

"Nooooo." Normani cracks up laughing. Dinah makes a dramatic sad face. Normani slowly lowers the towel to reveal her nipple then quickly covers it again.

"You really gonna do me like that?" Dinah asks.

Normani giggles. "Okay, I'll do you one better. Hold on." She sets her phone up on her nightstand and goes to grab her laptop. She opens it and puts on "Dancing" by Lyrica Anderson.

"Am I about to get a show?" Dinah beams.

Normani winks at her. She starts dancing seductively to the song.

When you dance, dance, you got me in a trance, trance. Normani rolls her body to the beat. I'm looking at that ass tonight. I won't show it out in public, but girl, you know I want it all on me. She turns her back and opens the towel, keeping herself shielded away from Dinah. How you dancing, dancing, dancing... She looks back at Dinah and winds her waist. She be dancing, dancing, dancing, on me. She covers herself and turns back to Dinah. How you dancing, dancing, dancing... Normani rubs her breasts while clinging to her towel, and bites down on her bottom lip. She be dancing, dancing, dancing, on me... She tucks her hair behind her ear and bites her finger. Do your thing, baby.

Normani is now singing along to the song, "I'm looking at the ass tonight," she smirks. "I won't show it out in public, but girl, you know I want it all on me." Normani makes a gesture that says 'come to me.'

Dinah bites her lip. "I would come through the phone right now if I could."

Normani cackles. "Okay, enough of that," she says, stopping abruptly.

"What?!"

"I gotta stop messing with you and get ready for bed."

"I'm very disappointed."

"I'm sure you are," Normani giggles.

"You're such a tease."

Normani finally drops the towel completely to reveal her perfect body.

"Woah."

"You could watch me lotion and get dressed," Normani winks. She squeezes some lotion into her palms and start rubbing it on her arms. She makes her way up her neck, moaning softly. Dinah swallows hard. Normani squeezes more lotion into her palms and starts to rub her midsection. The lotion makes her abs glisten. Dinah watches in silence. Normani then begins to run her hands up and down her legs. She rubs a small amount of the lotion on her vagina before rubbing the lotion down her back to her ass.

"You still there?" asks Normani.

"Yeah," Dinah responds.

Normani puts on her deodorant before slipping on her panties, and pulls an oversized t-shirt over her head. She grabs her phone from the nightstand and jumps down on her bed, laying on her stomach.

"So how was your skating party?" Normani asks Dinah.

"So how was my party? After all that? Really?"

Normani giggles, "Yeah, how was your party? It looked lit."

"It was. You know, the regular crew was there and my family."

"That's always good."

"Yeah. Your friends were there, too. Blair and them."

"Yeahhhh, he told me."

"That's cool that they showed up even though you weren't there."

"Yeah. My friends are dope. Thanks for inviting them."

"They cool, they cool."

Dinah and Normani laugh.

"I wish I could've been there," Normani admits.

"It's okay. You had a good reason. How was the pageant thing, anyway?"

"It was soooo good. It was like a dream come true."

"I'm sure."

"Just being there and helping to host was such a great experience because I grew up in that, you know?"

"I'm happy for you, Manz. You went from a princess to a queen."

"Thanks, baby."

"Seriously. It's so inspiring to see you chasing all your dreams and accomplishing them. First with Dancing with the Stars, now this."

"Stop, you're gonna make me cry."

"I mean it."

Normani makes a kissy face. "I miss you."

"Me too. I wish I was there with you."

"Same."

"We gotta get together soon."

"What are you doing tomorrow?

"Taking my siblings to Disneyland."

"Awww. You're the best big sister ever!"

"I try," Dinah laughs. "What are you gonna be doing?"

"I'm gonna be in the studio."

"Uh oh! Check you out!"

"I know, right? I'm gonna be super busy all week, actually."

"I can't wait to hear what you been working on though."

"I can't wait to play it for you."

"Aww, I'm proud of you, Manz."

"Thanks."

"I'm gonna let you go."

"Okay, baby. Good night."

"Text me in the morning?"

"You know it."

"Good night."

"Bye, love."

"Bye."

As promised, Dinah is at Disneyland with her siblings. Only Seth was left at home because he is too young. Her second eldest sister, Funaki aka Naki, is helping her keep track of the younger ones. They spend the day getting on as much rides as they could. With Regina being the youngest, she constantly has to check her height before being able to get on some of the rides.

"It's a good thing we left Sethy at home. He couldn't get on any of these," Dinah laughs.

"I really don't wanna get on this water ride," Naki reveals.

"Stop being such a baby."

"Yeah, stop being such a baby," Regina echoes.

"But I don't wanna get wet!" Naki groans.

"You'll be okay," Dinah laughs, along with her brothers.

When they get off the ride, everyone realizes that Naki got the most soaked. They all laugh at her but she takes it like a champ. They spend the rest of their day in the park enjoying more rides and eating ice-cream. It's the most fun they've had together in a while. Dinah is grateful to get to spend some quality time with her siblings and take them to the happiest place on earth.

Normani is in the studio, and she is accompanied by Josh for moral support. She is working with a producer, who goes by the name Supa Dups, and songwriter Verse Simmonds for a feel-good record.

"I'll cook you dinner in the evening, babe," Normani sings over a tropical-inspired beat.

Supa Dups is a highly respected producer who have worked with Drake, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, and many more. Verse Simmonds credits include Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West, Jeremih, Chris Brown, and more. A couple days before, Normani had a different studio session with Supa Dups that included songwriters, Carmen Reece and August Rigo. Carmen has worked with Ariana Grande, Destiny's Child, Ciara while August has credits with Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, and Kehlani, to name a few. Normani is very excited to be working with this prestigious team. When the studio session is over, Normani and Josh go back to her place. They get in close to 1 in the morning. They are both filled with energy and are not quite ready for bed. They decide to get on Instagram Live instead. For about 45 minutes, they play songs from Josh's phone and sing along to them. They also show Normani's followers some of their dance moves. At one point, they even do the choreography to "Down." Josh keeps up as much as he could. Normani is feeling very zany. She is wearing an Adidas sweat shirt and shorts, so all the dancing she's doing has her feeling hot. She fans her top a few times then checks under her shirt for boob sweat. Before ending the livestream, Normani and Josh start talking with a British accent and decide to do an improv sketch. Josh convinces Normani to set the scene and start it off.

"Hey. Do I know you from somewhere?" Normani starts in her best British accent.

"Uhh, I don't feel like I've ever seen you," Josh plays along.

"No, I'm pretty sure. Your face is very familiar..."

Josh starts cracking up, "Wait. I'm sorry," he laughs.

"You can't break character!"

"You're right! I'm sorry!"

Normani continues with the scene. "Do I know you from somewhere? 'Cause I really never forget a face."

"Is it the café?"

"What café?"

"The café on Conner street."

"Conner street?"

"Conner street. Right next to the..."

"The café on Conner street was closed 10 years ago."

"Oh. So it must've been somewhere else."

"Do you know..."

"Was it the store?"

"It may have been the store..."

"Was it the CD shop?"

"I go to the CD shop all the time."

"I love the CD shop. I love so many different artists."

"Like who?"

"I love, you know, Yonce. She's absolutely incredible. And I love Rihanna."

"I love Yonce, too. I like to think that I'm her biggest fan, and her daughter, basically."

"Her daughter?!"

"I'm her daughter. I know that my siblings... the twins... my brother and sister... well, I don't know what they are yet because mom likes to keep it a secret from me... but I know that they were born."

"Don't you find that a little bit creepy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Isn't it creepy to you that you call Beyonce's siblings your siblings? I mean, Beyonce's children your siblings?"

"Well, not at all."

"She's not your real mother."

"But she is my real mother! What do you mean?"

"Do you have proof about that?"

"I do. I have my birth certificate in the room, but, you know, you are a stranger and I'm still trying to figure out where I know you from. So I don't owe you anything!"

They laugh for a couple minutes then get back into character.

Josh continues, "Oh, okay, I'm sorry. Maybe I just spoke too soon then..."

"No, 'cause you're disrespecting me!"

"I've heard a lot of people say that they're..."

"Are you calling me a liar?!"

"I'm calling you out! I've heard people say..."

"No, you're calling me a liar! I asked where I knew you from and then you attacked me after I told you that I'm Beyonce's daughter. You call me crazy! You think that I'm crazy and insane!"

"I said that you were creepy."

"Excuse me, sir!"

"I'm sorry."

"This is rubbish!"

"No, this is not like myself. I don't mean to disrespect a woman. It's not the right thing to do."

"Well, you did disrespect me, and not just as a woman, as a human being!"

They break character again and laugh hysterically. They wrap up the scene and take their bows in front of the livestream audience.

"Clap and scream," Normani whispers loudly to Josh. He complies and Normani bows dramatically, thanking her audience and blowing kisses.

When it's Josh's turn to take his bow, he requests the same from Normani. She starts to clap and cheer for him before saying, "Booo! You sucked! It's all about Normani! You sucked! Get off the stage!"

They playfully push each other out the way and take several bows in front of the phone. Normani suggests that they do an encore performance. They debate, in their British accent, for a few minutes about if they should try a different accent and where they should set the scene. Normani reads the comments on her livestream for suggestions from the fans. She sees a username that she thinks is Dinah.

Staying in character, Normani exclaims, "Is that Dinah Jane? Is that the real Dinah Jane? Oh my God, I'm such a huge fan of hers. She is so beautiful, and the girl can SANG. Wait. How do I know if this is the real Dinah Jane?"

"It should have a checkmark by it," says Josh, also staying in his British character.

"I don't know. There's so many fakes these day, I can't tell."

Brushing off the comment, they finish off a second scene before ending the livestream and going to sleep. Josh is sleeping on Normani's couch for the night.

The following day, Normani has another studio session with Supa Dups and Verse Simmonds. They are also joined by Toya Web, who is of close relations with Drake and his OVO Sound label.

A couple days later, Dinah is still home with her family. She and her sister, Kamila, are on Facebook Live and are getting ready to sing. Dinah just woke up from a nap. She slept with her huge drop-earrings and a full face of makeup. Her hair is pulled back into a low, messy bun. Kamila is set to play the ukulele since Dinah broke a nail a few days prior. Dinah and Kamila are a giggling mess on the livestream.

"Mila!!!" Gordon yells from the living room.

"Go! Dad's calling you," Dinah says to Kamila.

"Shhh!" Kamila insists.

"Dad, she's not answering you!" Dinah shouts.

"Let's go."

"No, he called you."

"Hold this. With your broken finger," Kamila laughs and shoves the ukulele in Dinah's hands then makes her way to her father.

"Dinah! Where's Mila?" Gordon yells.

"Right here! She wasn't answering you, dad," Dinah snitches.

"Dinah!"

"Yeah, dad?"

"I'm starting the countdown!"

"Okay!"

Before they get the chance to sing, they are called by their father for Family Home Evening, where they get together and talk about their week. They also discuss whatever problems they might be having or they learn a spiritual lesson. This is very common among Mormons. Dinah's family also love to incorporate music. They play instruments and sing. They also practice Hula dances. Grandma Jane, Gordon's mom, is in attendance as well. When Dinah gets to the living room, the rest of the family is already there and ready to start. Gordon is massaging Milika's feet.

"You guys just might join us for Family Home Evening!" Dinah jokes to her livestream.

"NO! No, no, no," Milika interrupts, "Because this is when we blast everybody."

"I'm kidding, mom!"

"Lights out. Goodbye," Gordon says to Dinah's livestream.

"Okay, guys, I have to go," Dinah says. "I'll be back later."

"I just woke up," Gordon randomly states.

"I could tell," Dinah says, fanning her father's breath away. Milika cracks up laughing.

"You want me to break your other nail?" Gordon threatens.

"Nooo!" Dinah shows her broken nail. "Dad, show everyone how big your hands are." She presses her hand against her father's to compare the two.

"Dinah got some big 'ol hands," Gordon says.

"Yeah, like my dad!" Dinah says proudly.

Kamila shoves her hand in the middle.

"Mila, get away!" Dinah shouts.

"Mila, take your hand and slap yourself," Gordon says.

The room fills with laughter.

"Dad, are you gonna sing for my livestream?" Dinah asks.

"I can't do that. I'm too expensive."

"Where?" Kamila jokes.

"On my right hand," Gordon reaches over to smack Kamila but Dinah is sitting between them so he doesn't quite get to her.

Dinah puts the camera on her Grandma Jane and lets everyone know she is person she was named after. Again, Normani has tuned in to Dinah's livestream.

"Oh, Mani's on! What's up, Manz?" Dinah squeals.

"Call me later," Normani writes back.

Kamila gets up in front of the family to start the meeting and make her announcements.

"Girl, if you don't sit down with your hole in your pants..." Naki laughs.

"I don't care!" Kamila shoots back.

"Go change your pants, you moron."

"Yeah, we care," Gordon adds.

Kamila thanks everyone for coming and continues to conduct. Dinah decides to end the livestream as they officially start their Family Home Evening. They talk about their week, their goals for the upcoming week, laugh, play music, sing, and tease each other. When the meeting ends, Dinah grabs a snack and heads to her room. She is planning to get back on Livestream but Kamila is no longer in the mood. Dinah decides to just call Normani instead.

"Hey, baby girl!" Normani answers.

"Hey, Manz!"

"How was your family meeting?"

"It was good."

"Mila was hosting, right?"

"Yeah, she's in her feelings a little bit."

"Oh, no. What happened?"

"My mom was a little hard on her, but she'll be alright."

"I still think it's so cool that you guys have a family meeting every week."

"Yeah, every week when I'm actually home. I mean, they do it without me but still."

"Yeah," Normani chuckles.

"What was your day like?"

"I was with Blair all day."

"Oh?"

"Yeah," Normani laughs. "We ended up in Inglewood and had, like, a mini photoshoot."

"But of course."

"Of courseeee."

They laugh.

"I'm gonna send you a picture right now," Normani says.

Dinah receives a picture of Normani standing with her arms above her head, wearing a yellow crop-top. Her hair is cut into a short bob and she is wearing cool round Rockstar shades. She has on a mesh bottom that is covered with black jogger sweats that are cut open down the sides. Her feet are in black Fenty slides.

"Dang, girl. Who you looking this good for?" Dinah asks.

"Who else but you?" Normani teases.

"You know what? You gonna stop playing this game with me."

Normani laughs. "I wanna see you sooo bad."

"I knowww. I'm gonna be spending some time at my grandparents' house though."

Normani takes a deep sigh. "I saw your busted nail on your livestream."

"Girl! Don't even come at me with that," Dinah laughs.

"You need to get them done."

"I know. I'm so bad."

"How did that even happen?"

"Well see, what had happened was..."

"What had happened was..."

They giggle.

"What had happened was," Dinah continues, "I was helping my mom water outside. And I was spraying the ground and, you know me, I decided to prank my mom and spray her too. She turned around with the broom," Dinah laughs, "and I dropped the hose and ran so fast. But my finger got stuck in the hose, and my nail broke."

Normani laughs. "That's what you get."

"Hey! You're supposed to be on my side."

"Nope. Stop trying to prank people."

"You know what? I'm gonna hang up on you."

"Nooo. I'm sorry!"

"That's what I thought."

"Bully."

"Love you."

"Love you, too."

They go silent for a couple of minutes. Then Dinah starts to sing in her falsetto, "Come closerrr..."

Normani hums along.

"...it's true. Nobody else puts it down like you. Nobody!" Dinah continues.

"Come closerrrr," Normani sings in falsetto.

"Nobody else touching my body."

Normani hums in harmony.

"I really love that song," Dinah says.

"Me too."

"Nobody else puts it down like you," Dinah sings.

"Nobody else touching my body," Normani adds then lets out a yawn.

"Someone's tired."

"I wonder who."

Dinah laughs. "Good night, Mani."

"No. Don't hang up yet."

"But you're tired."

"Nuh uh," Normani protests as she yawns again.

"Sure."

"Just stay on the phone for a little bit."

"You're gonna fall asleep."

"I'm not... Sing to me."

"I have a melody in line. Can I sing it one time for you?" Dinah sings a line from one of Normani's old songs just to tease her.

"Dinah Jane Hansen, do not play with me."

Dinah cracks up. After she gets out her chuckles, she starts singing "Crush" by Yuna (feat. Usher). She sings in her falsetto, "I see you the same. I see it in the way that you behave around me, and I can tell..."

"Mmmm," Normani interrupts sleepily.

Dinah continues, "...what we have is different from anyone else. 'Cause you stop doing what you doing, when I call you come to me running. And I would do the same for you, so tell me that you feel it too. I feel a little rush. I think I got a little crush on you. Hope it's not too much, but babe, when I'm with you, I hear it, my heart singing la-la-la-la-loooove."

When Dinah gets to the end of the song, she could already tell that Normani is asleep. She calls her name to make sure. "Mani?" There's no answer. "Maniiii. Normani Kordei." She hears Normani breathing deeply on the other end of the phone. She smiles to herself and hangs up.

The following night, Dinah is at her grandparents' house. Her and Normani had been texting back and forth all day.

Normani: send me your location *khalid voice*

Dinah: ok. (and she sends her location)

Normani: You know I was joking, right?

Dinah: So was I. ;)

Normani: So you're not really there?

Dinah: I am.

Normani: I have a headache.

Dinah: LOL!!!

While Dinah is staying with her grandparents for the holidays, she gets her own room because she's the oldest. Her siblings and cousins have to share. Dinah is tucked in, her lights are off, and her phone is resting on the nightstand. As soon as she closes her eyes, she hears her phone ding. She sighs and wonders why she didn't put her phone on do-not-disturb mode. She grabs her phone to see what the message was. It's from Normani. She props up on her elbows and gives the message her attention.

Normani: Come open the door.

Dinah: What?

Normani: Come to the door. It's cold.

Dinah: What are you talking about? Dinah rubs her eyes to make sure she's seeing correctly, and to check if she's dreaming.

Normani: I'm outside.

Dinah: You're not.

Normani: I am though.

Dinah: Stop playing.

Normani. Omg. I'm cold.

Dinah jumps out her bed and turns on her light. She throws on her robe and goes to the door of her grandparents' house. She looks out the window, and to her shock, she sees Normani standing on the porch with a backpack over her shoulder.

"What the fuck?" Dinah whispers to herself. She then opens the door to a grinning Normani.

"Surprise!" Normani yells.

"Shhhhhhh!"

"Oh, sorry."

Dinah pulls Normani inside, closes the door, and pulls her directly to her room.

"Dang, slow down." Normani whispers.

Dinah pulls Normani into her room and they continue whispering. "Why are you here, crazy?"

"I wanted to see you," Normani says innocently.

"You're a nutcase."

"You're not excited to see me?"

"I'm in shock."

"Wow... You don't want me here. Cool, I'll leave."

Normani turns to leave but Dinah grabs her back. "You know that's not true."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Come sit." Dinah pulls Normani towards the bed with her.

"Wait. Let me change first. You know I hate sitting on the bed with my outside clothes."

"Just get naked," Dinah winks.

"That I could do," Normani grins.

Dinah lays back on her bed while Normani strips. Remaining in her underwear, Normani crawls on top of Dinah and kisses her. Dinah grabs Normani by her ass as their tongues lock. Her hands run up Normani's love-handles. She sits up slightly and sucks on Normani's neck then flips her over. Normani takes a deep breath as she smiles up at Dinah. Dinah kisses down Normani chest, taking a breast into to mouth and sucking... They finger each other but the sex isn't too romantic. Dinah is scared of being too loud and she doesn't feel very comfortable doing this in her Grandparents' house and a room that isn't hers. Normani doesn't pressure her. They climax together and stare up at the ceiling.

"You know you crazy as hell for coming here, right?" Dinah asks.

They laugh hysterically.

"Yeah," Normani admits. "It was impulsive."

"When you asked for my location I didn't think you were actually gonna come."

"I didn't think you were actually gonna send it. I really wasn't gonna come here though. I was just home and thinking about you and I remembered you were here so I said fuck it."

Dinah laughs, "I'm glad you're here though."

Normani snuggles into Dinah's bare chest. Dinah notices the backpack Normani came with.

"What's in the bag?" Dinah asks.

"I'm glad you asked!" Normani grins and hops off the bed to get her backpack. Dinah is staring at Normani's naked body. Normani gets back on the bed and sits with her legs folded. Dinah wraps her arms around her waist and kisses her back. Normani starts to pull some items from her backpack.

"I brought some clothes to sleep in," Normani says as Dinah kisses her shoulder. Normani continues, "and I brought hella snacks."

As Normani keeps pulling out snacks from her backpack, Dinah pulls her close and plants a kiss on her boob. Then Normani shows her the bag of Hot Cheetos.

Dinah grabs the bag from Normani's hand, "Now you're talking!" Dinah falls back onto the bed, stuffing her face with the chips. Normani laughs at her and opens a bag of Sour Patch Kids. When they're full of junk, they lay with their fingers interlocked and playing footsie.

"I could use some mangoes right now," Normani states

"What got you thinking about mangoes at this time?"

"This candy."

"You should tell Lauren to bring you some from Jamaica."

"Is she still there?"

"I don't know."

"I think she's back by now."

"She had the time of her life out there."

"I know. Her and Ty are so cute, too."

"I knowwww."

"I gotta call her soon and get the tea."

They laugh.

In the morning, Dinah wakes up before Normani and decides to brush her teeth before waking her. The plan is for Normani to leave before anyone actually sees her. Normani wakes up and has to use to the bathroom. Dinah is not in the room, so Normani figures she'll sneak around looking for the bathroom. As she's creeping down the hallway, she sees a shadow coming in her direction. She panics for a second until she hears the voice whisper her name.

"Mani?" Dinah whispers.

"Dinah, thank God," Normani whispers back. "Where's the bathroom?"

Dinah motions for Normani to follow her and they go down the hall. Before they get to the bathroom, they run into Grandma Jane.

"Mani!!" Grandma Jane says excitedly.

"Hi, Grandma Jane," Normani says, hugging her.

"It's so nice to have you here."

"I'm actually getting ready to leave."

"No! You stay!"

"I have to go, grandma," Normani laughs.

"No. You stay for breakfast. Okay?"

"But..."

"You stay!"

Normani looks at Dinah, who shrugs back at her.

"Okay." Normani says. "I'll stay for breakfast, but then I have to go."

"Yes! You and Dinah make breakfast for everyone!"

"Wait a minute now."

Normani and Dinah laugh.

"See you soon, okay. Go, go." Grandma Jane returns to her room.

"Oh my God," Normani says.

"I know," Dinah laughs. "We'll just make the breakfast really quickly. Go clean up and meet me in the kitchen."

Dinah gets in the kitchen and starts to prep as she waits for Normani to join her. She decides it would be cute to get on Facebook Live... Dinah is at the sink. Normani sneaks up behind her and hugs her around the waist.

"Mani!" Dinah jumps back and points to her phone. "I'm on Live!"

Normani turns to see the phone, and smiles nervously. "Ohhh, heyyy guysss!"

They laugh and Normani ducks behind the other side of the counter to avoid the phone.

She whispers to Dinah, "why didn't you tell me you were on Live?"

"I didn't know you were gonna pop up like that. Plus, it wasn't planned," Dinah responds.

Just then, Dianh's cousin comes down the hallway.

"Normani?!"

"Shhhh!" Dinah says. "You're gonna wake up the whole house."

"But... it's... Normani."

Normani giggles. "Hi."

"Are you actually fangirling?" Dinah laughs.

"Well, since your cousin is here, she could help you make breakfast."

"Mani, you promised my grandma."

"Just tell her something important came up and I had to go to work," Normani went to grab her things from the room Dinah was staying in.

"Watch the stove," Dinah says to her cousin before running after Normani.

When Dinah gets to the room, Normani is frantically gathering her things and shoving them into her backpack. She closes the door behind her. Normani stumbles into her jeans and throws her hoodie over her shoulders.

"What's the matter with you?" she asks Normani.

"I have to go, Dinah. I can't stay here," Normani answers while still looking around the room for her shoes.

"What is the big deal?"

"This is weird," Normani whispers. "And you're here with your family. I shouldn't have come here. I was being selfish. And missing you."

Dinah grins.

Normani continues, "Plus I didn't tell my mom where I was going. She's probably freaking out."

Dinah grabs Normani to calm her down. "Okay, relax. I'll let you go. No more questions."

"Thank you."

Dinah pulls Normani into her. They stay wrapped in each other's for a few minutes.

Dinah takes a deep long sigh into Normani's neck. "Alright. Let's go," she says.

She kisses Normani's lips and they walk to the front door.

"Are you leaving?" Dinah's cousin asks as they pass the kitchen.

"Yeah, I have to go," Normani says. "It was nice seeing you."

"You too."

Dinah walks Normani to the door and they hug goodbye. Dinah watches Normani pull off then she joins her cousin in the kitchen to finish making breakfast together. Dinah burns the pancakes but the eggs and turkey bacon comes out good. The rest of her family wakes up one by one as they smell the food. Later that night, they light fireworks and enjoy the Fourth of July. Normani is back home, also celebrating with her family.

The next day, Normani spends it with Josh, Yara Shahidi, and Maasai Godwin. Normani spends the next few days working, while Dinah enjoys her time at the beach. Ally is getting ready to celebrate her birthday, and Lauren is back in California but still enjoying some down time. Normani is booked to co-host The Talk and has a few studio sessions to attend. She is also booked to make an appearance in Khalid's video for "Young, Dumb, and Broke," which she attends with Josh and Blair.

By the weekend, the girls reunite for their show in Calgary, Canada. They all catch up and fill each other in on what they've been up to. During their pre-performance interview, the girls are told about the festivities that are going on in Calgary for the week. When the interviewer brings up a rodeo and cowboys, Normani grabs Dinah by the shoulder and props a leg up on her, pretending to ride. Dinah plays along for a split-second before laughing it off. At the end of the interview, the girls are presented with a huge fan as a gift since it's so hot in the city. When they're signing off, Normani notices that Dinah is in the back, being left out of the group shot so she takes her hand and pulls her around. Dinah makes her way behind Normani and slightly wraps her arm around her waist. They shoot some mini promotional videos that they plan to air over the month, and do one more interview before putting on a great show for the iHeartRadio West Fest.

The girls are back California. Normani is having a spa day with her sister, Jazz. She decided they both deserved a mani/pedi. Meanwhile, Dinah invites Ally to her hometown so that they can spend some quality time together. Dinah was missing Ally and, she also felt bad that she didn't get a chance to celebrate Ally's birthday with her at all. Dinah takes Ally to her favorite taco spot and they catch up on everything that has been happening in the past couple of weeks. They talk about how their birthdays were, their family, and just life in general. When they're done eating, they head back to Dinah's house. Seth is at the door to greet Dinah.

"Hey, Sethy!" Dinah greets her baby brother.

"Dinah!" Seth yells as he runs into Dinah's arms.

"You remember Ally?" she asks.

"Hii, babyyy," Ally gushes over Seth in his Ninja Turtles pajamas. "I love your Ninja Turtles! It reminds me of my brother when he was younger."

Seth is a little hesitant.

"Let's go in the kitchen," Dinah suggests. "It smells like someone is baking something... Grandma, is that you baking?" Dinah shouts as she and Ally enter the kitchen.

"Yes, you're just in time," Grandma Jane answers. "And you brought a friend."

"Hi," Ally smiles. "Do you remember me?"

"Of course!" Grandma Jane takes Ally's hands into her hands. "Welcome, welcome. Have a seat. I'll get you some cake."

"What kind is it, grandma?" Dinah asks as she joins Ally at the table.

"Banana chocolate cake!"

"That sounds amazing!" Ally says.

"Grandma, do you know that Ally bakes, too?" Dinah asks.

"Oh, yeah?" Grandma Jane responds.

"She'll give you a run for your money," Dinah laughs.

"I don't know about all that," Ally says modestly.

"I'm sure you're an excellent baker," Grandma Jane winks at Ally.

Ally spends a few more hours eating and sharing laughs with Dinah's family before they hug goodbye and Ally returns home.

The next day, Dinah is in the studio with Marc E. Bassy to work on a song called "Big Films." They vibe really well together and after their session, they play with some Snapchat filters. Dinah had been texting Normani periodically throughout the day. Normani brings up Dinah's quality time with Ally. Normani texts:

Normani: I see you and Ally spending time together.

Dinah: Are you seriously jealous of Ally?

Normani: I'm not.

Dinah: Lol.

Normani: I promise you I'm not. Plus I'm seeing you tomorrow anyway.

Right?

Dinah: Yes, annoying. Our spa day is still on.

Normani: Good.

On following day, Dinah and Normani have a spa day with There She Glows.

The next day, Dinah and her huge family are at the airport waiting for one of their family members to return from a missionary. They day after, the girls' Billboard magazine cover is released, along with their interview. The next day, Normani plans on going away to a cabin with friends for Blair's birthday. She is getting box-braids and it took longer than she anticipated so she's running late. Blair keeps texting her and asking where she is. She tries to reassure him that she'll be there but he's still nervous. She understands his doubt because of her line of work, but she has every intention to keep her promise and be there for him. When she finally arrives, Blair is ecstatic.

"I told you I was gonna make it," Normani smiles. "You thought I was lying."

"Turn up!" Blair says.

Normani cuts up some strawberries for everyone and joins the party in the living room area. Blair has provided goodie bags with individual notes attached for each of his friends. They go hiking the next morning. Once they reach the top, they sing happy birthday to Blair before taking pictures. They spend the weekend doing fun activities like paddle boats and kayaking. After singing happy birthday to Blair again, and him blowing out his candles, Normani retires to her room. Shortly after, Blair walks in. Normani is sitting on her bed with her legs folded.

"Hey," Blair starts.

"Hey, birthday boy," Normani responds.

"I just wanted to thank you again for coming this weekend. It means a lot." Blair sits next to Normani on the bed.

"I wouldn't miss it."

"Having you here is really special to me. I know how hectic your life could get so I appreciate you taking time out for me."

"Stop. You're gonna make me cry."

Blair gives Normani a dramatic emotional face and starts laughing.

"Seriously though, thank you" Blair says.

"Stop thanking me. You're one of my best friends. Of course I was gonna be here... and by the way, I didn't need my own room. I wouldn't mind sharing. This place isn't that big."

"You're a superstar. Superstars get their own room."

"Shut up," Normani laughs.

Blair takes Normani's hand and looks down at it, caressing it lightly.

"Blair," Normani says.

"Yeah?" Blair looks back up at Normani. She grabs his chin and softly pulls him into a slow kiss, no tongue. Blair is shocked for a couple of minutes. He rubs Normani's knee and then he gets up to leave.

"I should get back," he says. "Good night, superstar."

"Blair," Normani says as he reaches the door.

He turns back around. "Yeah?"

"Happy birthday."

Blair smiles and leaves. They enjoy the rest of weekend with the rest of their friends.

Few days later, the girls reunite again to start some promo for their album and current single, "Down." They are doing several interviews for Beats1 Radio. They are all excited to see each other like it has been 10 years. They are refreshed and energized. Normani is still rocking her long box braids. Ally's hair is bleached lighter and cut down on her shoulders. Lauren is still glowing with her tan from Jamaica. Dinah is the only one who hasn't changed much. They squeal upon seeing each and embrace in a group hug.

Lauren says, "The braids are back! The hair is cut! She's living! I'm tan! Bitch, we ready!"

The girls dance and sing along to "Down" on their Instagram Stories after giving their interviews. They then dance with the DJ Hotdog on Snapchat. Before wrapping up their visit, they play their completed album for Apple Music. The girls spend the next few days in rehearsals, getting ready for The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. They work with Sean Bankhead, Didi, and their vocal coach, Tim. They finish their week back in the recording studio.

The next day, the girls are on their way to Baton Rouge. Normani flew in early to spend some time with her family and Choie in New Orleans before their show, which is only about an hour away. Dinah flew in with Ally later. Normani's family are having a little party to celebrate the visit. She doesn't get to see this side of her family very often so they are making an event of her being in town. She is surrounded by many cousins, aunts, and uncles. They dance the night away, eat amazing food, and close off with laughter. On show day, Normani's family make the trip with her to Baton Rouge for the performance.

After their trip in Louisiana, they make their way to New York for the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Dinah is in Normani's room, and it's late at night. They have been watching Netflix for hours.

"I'm kind of hungry," Normani says suddenly.

"Let's order room service!" Dinah says as she hops out of the bed to grab the room service menu. She starts looking through it.

"Bring it over here!"

"Oh, my bad," Dinah laughs. She hops back on the bed and Normani grabs the menu on her hands.

"Let's see what we have here," Normani says.

"Hey! Rude!"

Normani laughs. "Let's look at it together."

They lay back into the bed and start scanning the menu.

"I think I want a burger," Dinah says.

"You sure you wanna do that? At this time?" Normani asks.

"What?"

"Nothing," Normani shrugs.

"Ugh. Fine, I'll get something lighter."

"You could have a burger if you want," Normani laughs.

"No. You made me feel bad."

"Ooooh," Normani squeals as her eyes spot the breakfast section. "I wanna get the omelet!" Normani jumps up to get the phone. "Do you know what you want?" she asks Dinah.

"Yeah. I'll just get some wings."

Normani dials room service and places their order. "Can you make that two omelets?" she says before hanging up. "Thank you."

When Normani gets off the phone, Dinah asks, "Two omelets? Really?"

"I'm hungry!"

Dinah giggles and pulls Normani into her arms. They cuddle and turn their attention back to the TV. In about 15 minutes, room service is knocking the door. Normani gets the food and brings it back to the bed.

"That's what we're doing right now? Food in bed?" Dinah asks.

"Why not?" Normani asks as she removes the covers from their food.

Dinah shrugs and picks up one of her wings.

"This looks so good," Normani exclaims.

"You got hash browns, too? Shoot. I should've got some."

"You could have some of mine."

"Yayyy!" Dinah grins.

"This omelet is life right now," Normani says as she takes a bite of her food. "Oh my God... you have to try this." Normani feeds Dinah some of her omelet.

"Woah," Dinah says.

"Right?"

"These wings are popping, too." Dinah puts a wing to Normani's mouth, indicating for her to take a bite.

"Okay. I need the chef to come back to LA with me."

They laugh. "Even the lemonade is really good," Dinah says.

They spend the rest of the night feeding each other and watching TV until they fall asleep.

In the morning, the girls head over to NBC Studios at Rockefeller Center to rehearse for their Jimmy Fallon debut. They wrap up sound-check and then go back to the hotel to get ready for the performance. When they return to NBC Studios, they take over Jimmy Fallon's Instagram Stories as they finish the final touches on their looks. Jimmy Fallon shows the girls a menu book of food and tells them to order whatever they want. Dinah and Lauren orders sushi, Normani gets salmon and vegetables, while Ally keeps it light with oatmeal. The girls can't stop talking about what a dream come true it is for each of them to finally be on the Jimmy Fallon show. They have waited a long time for this moment. They are all in a great mood and super energetic to be on the show. They are also getting ready to announce their album title and release date so it makes them extra hyper. They say a quick prayer and then hit the stage. They are joined by Gucci Mane and give a stellar performance of pure vocals with mic stands, no dancing. Jimmy announced that their album is self-titled and will be released on August 25th. After their performance, the girls go out for pizza to celebrate. Normani has to skip the celebration for a quick business meeting, which happens to be in a room is filled with Sour Patch Kids. All the girls return to their hotel and watch their episode and performance on Jimmy Fallon.

The next morning, the girls do a quick interview with SiriusXM before heading back to California. They talk about their album and express how excited they are to finally reveal the title and release date.

"Now really quickly," one of the interviewer starts, "are you still having bad vibes with Camila or are you okay? Because there was some unfollowing on Twitter and all this stuff."

"Girl, we're happy!" Normani says immediately.

"Clearing of energy. We're happy," Lauren adds.

"We were on Fallon last night!" Normani says.

"We were on Fallon!" Ally echoes.

They girls shut down the shade in a classy, fun way and continue with the interview. They end the chat with a game called "Things That Are Four," to play off the fact that there are now four members of the group.

"A leprechaun will tell you this is good luck..." the interviewer states.

"Lucky Charms!" Normani blurts out.

"Four-leaf clover," Lauren says at the same time.

"You said Lucky Charms?" Ally laughs at Normani.

"Somebody said, 'magically delicious!'" the interviewer teases.

On the same day, it's announced that the girls are nominated for 2 VMAS—best pop video and best choreography, both for "Down. They are back in California by the evening. The next day, they have another show. This time it's a private event to launch a new app, iGoLive. The girls take turn hosting the livestream. Dinah joins Normani during takeover. Normani has the video on landscape view. They sing a short clip of Kelly Clarkson's "Breakaway" together.

"Are those comments?" Dinah asks.

"Yeah, I think so," Normani responds. "It's kinda like, ummm... you know that other..." Normani catches herself about to promote a different app and stops talking.

"I see hella heart eyes." Dinah tilts her head sideways, trying to read the comments. "Mani, how 'bout we go the other way?" Dinah suggests. "My neck is hurting."

Normani tilts her head in the opposite way, misunderstanding what Dinah meant.

"Look at all these hearts," Dinah points on the screen.

"Oh, you were trying to read it," Normani laughs.

"Yeah, I'm trying to read."

"My arm hurts. Umm..."

Not trying to interrupt the stream, an assistant of the event whispers that it is time for them to switch turns.

"Huh? Oh, okay. Mani, you go first," Dinah says.

"Dinah's turn!" Normani announces.

"No, it's your turn!"

The assistant whispers that it's Dinah's turn.

"My turn? Oh, okay!" says Dinah.

"Yeah, I started!" Normani says.

"My turn to takeover!"

Normani signs off with the peace sign and air kisses to the camera.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I took over with you," Dinah says. "Is that okay?

"It's okay! Sharing is caring!"

"Sharing is caring. Wanna share with me?"

Normani is already on her way to the other side of the room.

"Okay. You already had a turn. Bye!" Dinah continues.

The girls finish getting ready and then head to stage.

A couple days later, they get to Mexico for another show. Ally is super excited to be in her home country and get some authentic Mexican food. After their performance, fans gather outside their hotel and chant their name. When the girls get back to California, over the next few days, Lauren spends some time with Ty and they go to a few concerts together. Ally bakes goods and visits the cast of This Is Us on their set. It's currently her favorite show. Normani is taking care of some business. Dinah is partying with Marc E. Bassy and Bobby Brackins. They jam out to Marc's hit song "You & Me," then play his new single "Plot Twist." They continue drinking, dancing, laughing, and being silly. Dinah ends the night with an impromptu performance of Fifth Harmony's "Work from Home." When leaving the club, Dinah feels like she wants company. She calls Normani but she doesn't answer. Still not feeling to go home just yet, Dinah decides to give Alfredo a call. They have been hanging out a lot lately and Dinah enjoys his company. They meet on the roof of the hotel Alfredo was staying at. They are looking over at the view.

"Thanks for meeting me so last minute," Dinah says.

"Like I could say no to you," Alfredo responds.

Dinah blushes. "Why are up so late, anyway?"

"Same reason you are?"

"Because you were partying?"

"No," Alfredo chuckles. "I was actually working. I thought you were doing the same."

"I was out celebrating with some friends. You know Marc E. Bassy?"

"Oh, yeah, he's dope."

"He was celebrating his new single, Plot Twist. It's such a dope song."

"That's cool. Didn't know yall kicked it like that."

"We just did a song together so we just started getting to know each other, really."

"Well, I can't wait to hear whatever yall did together. I know you killed it like always."

"Thanks," Dinah smiles and looks down.

Alfredo raises Dinah's chin tenderly and pulls her into a deep kiss. Before the night comes to a complete end, Dinah spends a few more hours wrapped in Alfredo's arms as they stare off into the sky.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

417K 13.2K 37
"There's something about wanting to protect a person that is hurting more than you that takes away the pain of losing your baby." Normani and Dinah l...
1.3M 34.3K 44
The girls were 25yrs old when they ended Fifth Harmony. Each were ready to move on and start the next chapter of their lives. Lauren however, was not...
2.4M 56K 38
it's gone. Many people find their escape through writing. That was true for Camila. She wrote in her journal daily, without fail, about her best frie...
189K 5.3K 25
Where the Fifth Harmony girls meet Lauren's little sister Y/N over text. Will one of the girls fall for her? WARNING THIS IS G!P SO IF YOU DON'T LIk...