It was just supposed to be a...

By nommycakex

Meighan Sinclair was your typical school nerd with the huge glasses, lack of fashion sense, and a not so "coo... More

Chapter 1: Shit
Chapter 2: Confrontation
Chapter 3: Break Down
Chapter 4: F***!
Chapter 5: Flash Backs and mall cops
Chapter 6: Adrenaline High!! or just sugar rush?!
Chapter 7: 1 month later
Chapter 8: My whipped cream!!
Chapter 9: My savior is a zombie?
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 11: Lies
Chapter 12: Regular Girl's Day Out...
Chapter 14: It's Raining Men!!
Chapter 15: I hate hospitals!
Chapter 16: Who am I?
Chapter 17: Hello, again.

Chapter 13: FAVE NUMBER!! :D

242 6 9
By nommycakex

HELLO THERE, CHUMPS!!! I APOLOGIZE DEEPLY FOR THE GREAT INCONVINIENCE!! BUT HERE IT IS AT LAST!!! I AM OFFERING THE SAME DEAL AGAIN!!! FIRST TO VOTE AND COMMENT GETS THE DEDICATION!!!!!! :DDD

Enjoy some tunes while you are reading!!!! ------------------------>

RECAP

I felt the crushing weight on my back decrease. They stood there in front of me half ready for our big day. Katerina was dressed as a punk, goth, and emo combined, Meychii was a gangster, Zera was a ninja pirate, Maira looked like a little blonde girl with a giant teddy bear , Kyra looked like a debutante from the late 40's, and Danycka was dressed as a mafia. All together it was a really weird combination but for some reason, it all makes perfect sense.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked towards them.

"Let's partay!" they all screamed in unison.

CHAPTER 13

"Oh, and did you remember that one cashier's face when Katerina started stuffing her face with gummy worms?" Meychii asked laughing.

"Oh my god! Yes!" Zera exclaimed. "It was priceless!!"

"But it still wouldn't compare to what Meig did in the pet store!" Maira said.

"Oh, yes," they all nodded. "What was it that she said exactly? 'YOU ARE NOW FREE, MY MINIONS!!" they mimicked me with their hands above their heads.

"Shu-up!" I covered my face with my hands as I felt my temperature rise by half a degree. "You know the first rule to Bad Kids Day! Never speak of what happened in Bad Kids Day!"

"But it was just so funny!" Katerina said dragging the o.

I stuck my tongue out at her as I threw a lettuce at her face which went down her shirt and we all laughed at her silly display of trying to get the leaf out.

It was already Tuesday and they were still talking about last weekend. Let's just say that it was a very eventful day and that we certainly painted the town red. It only took us about thirty minutes to have the mall cops running after us and we didn't even go inside the mall, but it wasn'm my fault that the animals decided to storm it. I just felt so sad looking at them behind those cages in the pet store that I sort of loosened the screw by just a turn.

It was during lunch hour that they started bringing the weekend back up. I continued digging through my salad as if I was going to find China underneath it if I kept going while they kept on yapping about the ridiculous stunts we all did in the weekend; Katerina setting a dog house on fire, Maira made an old grandma believe that she was her long lost granddaughter, Zera got herself some booties, which was a bag full of chocolate coins from the candy store, Dany terrified a store by going in there all Al Pacino-like from the Godfather with her toy machine gun, Meychii hit on some guys, which, by the way was really funny because of her outfit, and Kyra, well, she was just being Kyra.

The bell rang and I went to my Pre-Calculous class that I had with Katerina and Maira. They were still having good laugh while talking and since I was seated between the two of them, I joined in on the laugh, too.

I vaguely saw a blurry image appear at the side of my glasses before a thick roll of paper slammed down my desk. I jumped and my stuff fell on the floor and scattered.

"I'm teaching here!" A deep, husky voice boomed out of the blurry vision. I turned around and saw a tall man dressed in a black suit with thick glasses looking very intimidating and radiated authority.

I stood up and saluted. "Yes, sir!"

The class erupted in laughter and very snide comments. I felt my face heat up so much that I wanted to dig myself a hole. I sunk down in my seat and wished that the ground would swallow me up. Katerina and Maira had stunned looks on their faces..

I jumped again when a hard-covered book slammed against my desk this time. The laughter stopped, too. The man walked to the teacher's desk. "My name is Rian Monroe. You can call me Mr. M and I will be teaching Pre-Calculous while Mrs. Hildegard is on maternity leave."

"Wait, are you saying she was pregnant?!" an incredulous voice came from behind. "I thought she was just fat!"

The class laughed again. I didn't even try to suppress the smile that spread across my face thinking that I was the only one who thought she was just fat. I mean, there were countless of fat jokes about her and she was also a very mean person. Not in a mean teacher kind of way but in a fire breathing dragon way.

"No, she wasn't just fat, she was actually pregnant." There was amusement in his voice. Subtle, but it was there. Seemed as if he was trying to hide it just like someone I know but I just couldn't put a name to it.

The entire block was very quiet. No one dared to utter a word unless called upon and it looked like the new teacher had it in me. He was calling on me on every other questions that he had. He was worse than Mrs. Hildegard. At least she didn't have my name stuck on repeat.

It was a good thing that the clock was at the front of the classroom or else Mr. M would've caught me watching the time, anticipating the moment the clock strikes at 1:40 then I would be free of him. Well, that is until the next day.

I slowly gathered my stuff then bolted out of the room and didn't even wait for Maira or Katerina. The man just gave me the same kind of creeps I felt whenever Adrian became mildly serious or irked. Wait a minute. What am I doing combining my "social" life with my underground chronicle? There is no way that Adrian is Mr. Rian Monroe. He has no business being a teacher whatsoever.

I pushed the thought to the back of my head and made my way to my last class which was art. I was alone in this class so I had my ipod stuck to my ears the whole way that I didn't hear the intercom calling me to the office.

I blindly maneuvered myself inside the art wing and found my room where I set up a blank canvas on an easel. I stared at it for about five minutes then I picked up my brush and painted a picture of five guys whose faces are burned in my mind. I pictured them together, laughing and having the time of their lives, and I was watching them as an outsider.

I was working on his eyes the way I remembered it. The darkest, sparkling blue with a hint of a dark shadow in them. Like he was looking farther away. As if he himself was someplace else.

I slammed my brush down, grabbed the jar of dirty water and splashed it across my painting. The faces on the painting melted away into a pool of disgusting gray.

"Meighan Sinclair!" Madam Sherley called out. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I'm sorry," I said with my head down. "I'll clean it up right away!" I grabbed the biggest roll of paper towels and began cleaning up the mess while I heard snide remarks from the others.

"Meighan Sinclair to the office," the voice from the intercom said. "Meighan Sinclair to the office."

"Forget that," Madam Sherley said. "Go to the office and leave the mess for the custodian."

Grateful for the excuse, I nodded and made my way to the office. I didn't do anything bad, if I recalled correctly. Unless... What if they found out it was actually us that disrupted the town last weekend. I was starting to feel a little bit anxious and nervous making me drag my steps slower and slower.

I knocked on the slightly opened door and Ms. Kent, the vice principal looked up from the computer screen.

"I was called to the office?" I asked.

She nodded and motioned towards the chair opposite hers. "Close the door and take a seat." She removed her glasses. "Your mother called last night and she was concerned about your living arrangements."

I scoffed inwardly. "Did she say anything specific?" I asked politely.

"She has unregistered you from the school and asked for an arrangement to have you records transferred to a school in Vancouver."

"Wait, what?!" My head hurt. I was very confused. My mother or anybody in my family never gave a poop about me. Why start now?

"I didn't hear anything from my parents. Can I call them?" I asked.

She nodded and motioned towards the phone. "I think I'm just going to use my phone for this one." I smiled at her and pointed towards the door. 

"Of course."

I went out of the door and took out my phone.  I scrolled through my contact lists and called the number I thought I wouldn't call in a really, really long time. Or at least I hoped.

"What do you need me for?" I asked as I heard the line picked up.

"That is not the right way to say hello to your mother after not talking to her for so long," she scolded from the other line.

"I thought you wanted me to leave you alone?" My voice getting half an octave higher.

"What if we just wanted to be a family again?" she said in a "convincing" voice.

I scoffed, "It's about the money, isn't it?" One of the condition for me to be left behind was for them to give me a check every month for living expenses. The amount was barely enough to keep a monkey alive for a week.

I heard a gasp and she said, "Why would you think that?! Your father and I had a talk about not letting you live on your own any longer. Black sheep or not, you are still our daughter and we as parents are obligated to take care of you!"

What a load of bull! I thought better of her. I mean, for a conniving witch like her, I thought she would have came up with a better excuse to ruin my life, again. "Skip the parental excuse and tell me the real reason."

She gave out an exasperated sigh before saying, "We can't keep sending you any more money and I don't doubt that you will end up in a foster house."

So they thought better them that foster homes? I'd rather live in a dingy, old motel than live with them again. "I don't want to go back."

"Excuse me?!" she said as if she couldn't think of any reason why I would not want to live with them.

"I don't want to transfer. I like it here," I said.

"Your papers have already been sent to the other school. You are not a student in that school anymore. So it's either you live with us or end up in a foster home."

"Fine! Goodbye, mom," I said the word mom with distaste.

Who knew that my life could change after just one phone call. She just had to mess with my life again. I wanted to scream and exert all of the anger boiling my blood by beating someone up. My fists itched to hit something, or someone. Anything! And no, I do not have anger management issues!

"You look like you are planning on murdering someone right now," a voice right by my ear said.

I jumped and threw a fist at the creeper who easily caught it single handed. "Don't you be using things I taught you against me. It's not very smart to." he said amused.

I looked over at Mr. M who I just realized was truly the same Adrian who is the head of the underground arenas that just happened to be illegal with all the gambling and the drugs and alcohol circling around it.

"A- Adrian?!" I whispered, half yelled.

"In the flesh," he said with a grin.

"What are you doing in my school?! As a math teacher?" I said as he dragged me to one of the corner in the hallway to the theatre.

"I have to make money, you know," he said.

"Victory money not enough for you?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay, I needed a hobby," he said with a toothy grin.

"And you chose to be a math teacher as a hobby?" I laughed and he joined me. I've known the guy for what? 2-3 years and I still didn't know how his mind worked. He was a black belt in mix martial arts, owner of the biggest Underground Arenas in British Columbia, and has a hobby as a math teacher.

"So, who's dying tonight?" he asked in a low voice.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"When I found you, you looked like you wanted to beat the shit out of somebody." I flinched.

"Oh, right! Sorry, sorry. Excuse my French," he said, apologizing for swearing. "So, who is the poor bas-... suc- I mean who is the... Oh, fuck it. Who is the poor bastard?"

For once I didn't flinched but laughed instead because Adrian always had troubles coming up with words to use instead of swearing. I swear he was more fluent in cussing than speaking normally.

"Thanks for trying but no. I'm not planning on killing anybody. I'm just a little bit mad."

"Mad enough to look like a twisted psycho killer?" he asked.

"Hey! I was born with this face!" I pouted but laughed anyways.

"And it's a face that you're parents are proud of, I'm sure," he teased.

I knew he was teasing but what  he just said was the complete opposite. My parents were never proud of me. No matter what I did they never seemed to care. All they saw was the apple of their eye which was my perfect older sister. A straight A+ student, president of the Rotary Club, the Student Council and the Writer's Club, and now she's on her way on becoming a nurse and follow the family's legacy.

My smile dropped and he stopped laughing. He pinched both of my cheeks pretty hard and didn't let go when I yelled.

"Le-go!" I complained urging his fingers off my face.

"Not until I fix your face," he said as he started to stretch my cheeks here and there.

I went for his cheeks and squeezed pretty hard. He simply shrugged it off by just shaking his head. I went for them again and tightened my grip, determined not to let go until he did.

"Sto-it!"

"You stoff-it!!"

"Ing 'hree?" I asked.

He nodded and we started counting down. "Wan... Who... Hree!!" We both let go at the same time but not without having the last squeeze at the last second. And we both rubbed at our cheeks at the same time. 

"That seriously hurt!" I whined and glared up at him.

"Anytime," he said with a smile but he flinched. I noticed that even for a moment, I forgot about my... issues.

I smiled up at him. "Thanks. I better go and empty my locker now, then," I said pointing towards the exit.

"What? Why?" he asked with his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"Apparently I don't go to this school anymore," I said as I forced a smile. I turned around but I felt him grab my arm.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'll be fine," I said but failing to be convincing.

"Do you want a hug?" he asked with outstretched arms.

"Not really..." I said quietly.

"Did you even heard what I said?" he asked.

"Yes...You said, 'Do you want a hug?'" I repeated.

"Yes, I do," he said and he engulfed me in his arms. Earlier we were having a pinch war, now I was in his arms. Our relationship is very complicated. I hugged him back tightly and wished that even a little bit, I could steal his carefree, devil-may-care lifestyle. 

Sorry, Adrian, I thought. I'm gonna be borrowing some of your confidence because I will need it more than you for a little while... I hugged him tighter willing to suck in more positive energy from him.

====================eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee====================

HEYYYYYY GUYS!!! I AM DONE!!! WELL, WITH THIS CHAPTER ANYWAYS!! xD

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOUR!!! :DDD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 114K 37
Brooklyn Banks is a nerd. Ever since she was in middle school and junior high, she's been mocked and teased about how she dresses and how she's so sm...
101K 1.6K 46
"Don't..." he rubbed my clit slowly, and I gasped, closing my eyes shut. "You ever think of talking about that damn blondie in front of me again," he...
7.1K 409 9
"I brought you here because I wanted to ask you something really important." He said and I smirked, knowing what he was going to ask me. "What is it...
272K 7K 37
Everybody knowsthe cliche where the bad boy/Mr. Popular falls in love with the geek. But does it also work the other way around? Meet Angie. She is t...